Vanilla Firearms Extended

Sykriss

wow, more than 30 new guns aint enough for ya

i love it when a mod comes out and then all the requests start pouring in lol

how bout, awesome mod man

maybe a bug report or 2

but nope, always to the feature requests

:drunk:

Yeah, I don't get it why so many people request new features and whatnot, by the way do you plan to add the drunk guy back in? Lol, sorry couldn't help it. :wink-new:

Amazing mod Sykriss! A few small bugs that I just stumbled upon tonight, but think I've worked most of them out now. Keep up the great work dude!

-Localization for the SCAR-L schematic is set to say PP-19 Schematic.

-.45 revolver isn't in the recipes.xml. I think you had two 9mm revolver recipes in there by accident.

-Noticed that most weapons could be unlocked by a perk (gunslinger, machinegunner, etc...) but when unlocking those perks I still couldn't craft that weapon. So after messing with the code for awhile tonight I found the issue in the progression.xml in the 7D2D Config folder. So the original code was this

<effect_group>

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="perkMachineGunner"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1" tags="gunAK47"/>

</effect_group>

<effect_group>

<requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="perkMachineGunner"/>

But when I added the g36c to it then I could craft the g36c in the game once unlocking said perk.

<effect_group>

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="perkMachineGunner"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1" tags="gunAK47"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="2,5" value="1" tags="gung36c"/>

</effect_group>

<effect_group>

<requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="perkMachineGunner"/>

No complaints here though, loved the mod! Plus it gave me something to practice coding on. :encouragement:

So we are having trouble with some of the schematics not unlocking the crafting of their guns. Does anyone have any advice? PP19 and ump45 are the ones we have had trouble with so far. Also it appears that the 45 revolver doesnt exist in the crafting menu.

PP19 schematic is working for me, but the UMP45 is not. Been going through the code for hours now trying to figure it out but nothing yet. As far as the .45 revolver I think when Sykriss was coding the recipes he entered two 9mm revolver recipes instead of the .45 revolver. If you open up the recipes.xml and find those two 9mm ones change one of them from

<recipe name="gun9mmrevolver" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,perkGunslinger">

to this -

<recipe name="gun45revolver" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,perkGunslinger">

I'm new to coding so this was a big breakthrough for me tonight lol, but hopefully this all makes sense. I'll let you know if I figure anything out with the UMP45 schematic.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 4:41 PM, Sykriss said:

I did my best to make them up to vanilla standards as I don't want things disrupting the players immersion.

@Sykriss: All for immersion, if not necessarily vanilla. ;) Any chance of a compatibility patch to make these work with Action Skills modlet? From what I understand, it is two lines of code added to each weapon, so that players get the proper Action Skills XP type per shot and per kill:

https://github.com/JaxTeller718/JaxTeller718_Modlets_Experimental/tree/master/DeceptiveJax_ActionSkills

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, Cernwn said:

Any chance of a compatibility patch to make these work with Action Skills modlet? From what I understand, it is two lines of code added to each weapon, so that players get the proper Action Skills XP type per shot and per kill:

https://github.com/JaxTeller718/JaxTeller718_Modlets_Experimental/tree/master/DeceptiveJax_ActionSkills

Sorry, but if you followed the whole thread, you would know that it's been a while since this mod was updated for the last time. I think we shouldn't expect any changes, which is unfortunate, because this mod was a pretty nice one, but yeah, it's what it is right now and it probably won't change any time soon...

22 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Sorry, but if you followed the whole thread, you would know that it's been a while since this mod was updated for the last time. 

Last response from the OP was March 14th 2020. Not that long ago. Yes, I checked it before asking the question, and am aware of OP's 7DtD burnout+Pokemon binge. Please don't respond on behalf of the OP, unless you are their spouse, or have something constructive to contribute.

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Cernwn said:

Last response from the OP was March 16th 2020, not that long ago. Not that long ago. Yes, I checked it before asking the question. Please don't respond on behalf of the OP, unless you have something constructive to contribute.

Calm down, I'm not responding on behalf of anyone, simply saying my opinion based on what I've seen here so far - there were requests, even some small bug fix suggestions with some direct hints at solutions that would probably require less work than what you're asking for and those requests and suggestions were not answered to this day, but of course if you still believe that your request will be an exception, by all means feel free to make a request. All I was saying is that the chance is low and there's no reason for irritated reactions. That is as constructive as it can get as I was trying to save your time, but do what you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaaaaah this mod dont work well with Darkness Falls. For some reason if you try to craft one of this mod's weapons, an error pops up in the console and spams "NullReferenceException: object reference not set to an instance of an object".

The game Only does this when you actually click on one of the recipes of this mod. It bugs the GUI till you restart game.

Can you take a look?

Edited by Oozorro (see edit history)

After i installed this mod and played on an existing save it worked fine for a while but at some point when i returned to my base i got a console error with a streaming error and my base chuck reverted to its original state deleting all my stuff i had there. Not sure if this was caused by the mod or not just saying everybody who tries this probably make a backup of your save.

• 1 month later...

Any chance of getting an A19 update for this glorious mod?  The console hands back lots of red-script errors dealing with issues in recipes.xml - for some reason it's mostly the default gun recipes that are throwing errors instead of the modded weapons.  Would really REALLY like to keep using this, if the author is still doing work on it.