Jump to content

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

Welcome to the Winterween Project by sphereii and xyth, the unholy combination of Winter Project and the ancient spirit of Valoween!

 

Not wanting to miss an alpha, we've combined two of the most dramatic mods into a single mod for Alpha 19 for a special Halloween treat.

 

Steel your nerves. Steady your hands. Keep your wits about you, and you just may survive Winterween...

 

We invite you to explore Winterween and challenge yourself to find all of its dark secrets.

 

Keeping with the spirit of the discovery of the sphereii-mentals, please be mindful of posting potential spoilers.

 

Thank you to the following Modlet creators who helped shape out the world with their modlets:

 

JaxTeller718 for his increased biome zombies, and wandering hordes.    
Riles for Riles' HUD Plus UI
Ragsy for the custom vehicle.

 

Recommended: 12G of RAM or higher.

Required: Alpha 19.2

 

Special thanks goes to Mumpfy for his texturing work.

 

Installation Instructions:

 

For the 7D2D Mod Launcher (Recommended):

Click on sphereii-mental, then Winterween.

 

For manual installation and Dedicated Servers:

 

Download https://github.com/SphereII/Winter-Project-A19/archive/master.zip and extract in-place, over writing what is there.

 

Clients can ignore the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder. Likewise, Servers can ignore the 7DaysToDie_Data folder.

 


For players with less than 12G of RAM, a work around is possible by removing the following folders (or deleting their ModInfo.xml:

 

Mods\winter zeds blue
Mods\winter zeds white
Mods\WinterSkins
    
Those will reduce memory consumption, but you will not get the special re-texturing.

 

 

NOTE: We are currently investigating and issue with RWG not generating worlds correctly. Prefabs are either sunk too deep and not filled to terrain, or giant mountains of snow instead of prefabs.   

 

Navezgane, Pregen Worlds, and Nitrogen worlds seem to work.

Edited by sphereii (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can tell you personally, this mod is fun as hell. Plenty of secrets,  you will have the challenge of your life solving the story and mystery that this game has in store for you. Runs really well and has a lot of love put into it! 

jamesandmichelle

Edited by jamesandmichelletwitch (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be "that guy" but do you have any clearer instructions for installation?  I want to play this with friends, but installing through the mod launcher isn't letting us run multiplayer, and if we extract it to our 7 days to die folder the mod doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Briston574 said:

Not to be "that guy" but do you have any clearer instructions for installation?  I want to play this with friends, but installing through the mod launcher isn't letting us run multiplayer, and if we extract it to our 7 days to die folder the mod doesn't work.

Could you explain what your troubles are and what's not working exactly?

1 hour ago, JanoGames said:

Hey sphereii, one question my friend, is sorcery compatible with winterween?

I am not sure. We have not tested it against anything but itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much Sphereii and Xyth, for this great modification for the game, I would play it but my pc does not meet the requirements, in low it would do it but it would not be the same because the new textures are lost, just have to watch videos of some youtuber playing it, Thank you very much for your hard work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Thank you very much Sphereii and Xyth, for this great modification for the game, I would play it but my pc does not meet the requirements, in low it would do it but it would not be the same because the new textures are lost, just have to watch videos of some youtuber playing it, Thank you very much for your hard work.

I am sorry that you are missing out exploring the mod. Maybe in the future :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sphereii said:

Could you explain what your troubles are and what's not working exactly?

I am not sure. We have not tested it against anything but itself.

Sorry for how vague that was.  What happens is when we download the mod and extract it, it comes out as winter-project-a19-master.  If we go into that file and copy all of the contents into where we have 7 days to die installed and overwrite what is there, the game crashes on launch.  Not sure if we are doing anything wrong on that or not, but that is the situation we are having.

 

We can play it just fine through the mod launcher on single player, but anytime we all try to do multiplayer we get a cannot connect to host error which could just be an issue with our network but we have no issues with connecting through steam so idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Briston574 said:

Sorry for how vague that was.  What happens is when we download the mod and extract it, it comes out as winter-project-a19-master.  If we go into that file and copy all of the contents into where we have 7 days to die installed and overwrite what is there, the game crashes on launch.  Not sure if we are doing anything wrong on that or not, but that is the situation we are having.

 

We can play it just fine through the mod launcher on single player, but anytime we all try to do multiplayer we get a cannot connect to host error which could just be an issue with our network but we have no issues with connecting through steam so idk.

Do you have a log file of the crash?  I don't see why that wouldn't work. You'd just need the 7DaysToDie_Data and Mods folder to be copied over.

 

Are you running the Mod Launcher as a non-steam game? That might help with your connection issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the machine translation.
I played multiplayer on a dedicated Linux server.
However, there is a problem that the server falls down soon.
It leaves nothing in the log.
The most likely cause is an inventory operation (Move Item).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SAKU said:

Sorry for the machine translation.
I played multiplayer on a dedicated Linux server.
However, there is a problem that the server falls down soon.
It leaves nothing in the log.
The most likely cause is an inventory operation (Move Item).

Do you have a copy of the server and client log? I'd like to review. We have not tested under Linux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sphereii said:

サーバーとクライアントのログのコピーはありますか?確認したいのですが。Linuxではテストしていません。

Sorry, the inventory was irrelevant.
We observed a phenomenon where the server fell down when approaching such a terrain.
Thank you in advance.

20201101032143_1.jpg

20201101032153_1.jpg

server_log__2020-11-01__00-48-01.txt client_log__2020-11-01__03-16-45.txt client_log__2020-11-01__03-03-49.txt server_log__2020-11-01__02-28-01.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAKU said:

Thank you. I just pushed a fix for this issue. Would you mind updating and trying again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added a few Pre-generated files to the Mod Launcher link while we work on RWG fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing looking zeds and they was all in modlets :D
I just filled up my normal game snow biome with more diversity.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry late.
I tried the latest build several times, but the situation didn't change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAKU said:

I'm sorry late.
I tried the latest build several times, but the situation didn't change.

I made another change. I think the failure happens when using Linux, so I cannot verify the fix. If you want to try the latest build again, and let me know if that problem goes away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we've been pushing updates the last few days.

 

- RWG should be all fixed up now.

- Trader Hugh's base has been fixed

- Nightmare corrections were done

- Adjusted cave spawns to be a bit more assertive

- Added Khaine's HP Target bars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sphereii said:

I made another change. I think the failure happens when using Linux, so I cannot verify the fix. If you want to try the latest build again, and let me know if that problem goes away.

The same was true for the latest build.
This problem seems to occur even on the ground rarely.
When you get close to a cave, it seems to happen more frequently.
I captured a video.
This world is the "Winterween" of the pre-generated map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAKU said:

The same was true for the latest build.
This problem seems to occur even on the ground rarely.
When you get close to a cave, it seems to happen more frequently.
I captured a video.
This world is the "Winterween" of the pre-generated map.

Thank you. Was the server and client both updated? Do you have a log of each?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sphereii said:

Thank you. Was the server and client both updated? Do you have a log of each?

Both the server and client use the latest build.
Send recent logs.

client_output_log.txt server_output_log__2020-11-04__03-14-01.txt server_output_log__2020-11-04__03-05-01.txt server_output_log__2020-11-04__02-58-01.txt server_output_log__2020-11-04__02-53-01.txt server_output_log__2020-11-04__02-45-01.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 3:02 PM, SAKU said:

I wanted to give you an update. I have set up a Linux dedicated server and have reproduced the problem. It is related to running under Linux. I am continuing to investigate and will push patches when discovered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sphereii said:

I wanted to give you an update. I have set up a Linux dedicated server and have reproduced the problem. It is related to running under Linux. I am continuing to investigate and will push patches when discovered

Thank you.
I'm looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...