A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

thanks you. i am curently changing/rebuilding some PoIs in creative and its nice to have some population there.

BTw are there issues with the AI? i spawned a couple vault surviors and most of them had weird behaviour like jumping around or punching the air as if there were invisible enemies and obstacles and they also went straight int the pool at my base.

7 hours ago, xyth said:

The creature packs are intended to be a resource mod; one where you can adjust things easily to fit your needs.  If you want Harley to be a survivor rather than a bandit, you just need to make a small edit to the entityclasses.xml file. For example, BanditHarley has this line:         

<entity_class name="humanHarleyBandit" extends="humanMeleeMaleBanditTemplate">

To make Harley a survivor, you would change that line to:

<entity_class name="humanHarleyBandit" extends="humanMaleSurvivorTemplate">

Have fun.

Did that. she is not attacking me but when i had her and a vault survivor and an archer (changed her template to surivor too) in my base they fought each other

Survivors wont attack the player unless attacked.  In vanilla creaturepacks, what each class each class attacks is configured in the AITasks.  In the NPC addon, its faction based attacking.

but both harley and the archer are bandits so they shouldn't attack each other.  or is it because i gave both the survivor template that they don't recognizethat they are int he same faction anymore? Being ally and enemy at the same time?

Harley is no longer a bandit if she uses the survivor template.  Survivors attack bandits, and bandits attack survivors.  The character name is meaningless, its the class property that determines what type of character it is, and then that class is referenced in the AI target properties.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

As an update, TFP has made HUGE changes to the code underpinning Characters.  Everything works, but several things do not work well. 

As of B157:  Animals work well, most mechs work well, Humans using the Bandit code (need to turn off trader protection) work well.

However, Zombies and normal class Humans have attack sync issues that make then unplayable (IMO)

In the NPC modlet we can add code to fix the issues, and those are working, but things keep changing so I will not update this mod until TFP stops making core changes to entities.

Uploaded the Animal and Mech CreaturePacks for testing.  The packs only have the creatures that I have the project files for, so other character authors will need to update the rest of the characters when they can.  

A19 made many significant changes to how entities work, and these 2 packs were the easiest to convert.  I did basic testing on them and they seem good, but likely things like range, attack sync, damage, etc could use a little polishing.  I don't have time for that while wrestling with the Human and zombie changes, so if you make xml improvements please send me updated xml.  Thanks.

Good news.  I think I can sort the sync issues on zombies and humans.  Seems to work, but might need some tuning in the controller, but I'm no longer concerned that we cant make this work for A19.  Then again, its EXP, so they make make changes that require another fix.

Hey, I just tried out the animals pack, and it worked fine...until today's b163 patch.  I loved all those dog breeds. XD

But after today's update, the creatures would barely spawn.  There weren't any gamebreaking errors or anything, but I streamed for about two and a half hours, and I only saw one eagle spawn, and that was it.  The creatures can still be spawned via the debug entity spawning menu, but where's the fun in that? XD

8 hours ago, CrypticGirl said:

Hey, I just tried out the animals pack, and it worked fine...until today's b163 patch.  I loved all those dog breeds. XD

But after today's update, the creatures would barely spawn.  There weren't any gamebreaking errors or anything, but I streamed for about two and a half hours, and I only saw one eagle spawn, and that was it.  The creatures can still be spawned via the debug entity spawning menu, but where's the fun in that? XD

Thanks for the info.  B163 changed the spawn groups, removing animalsall and sorted others, so likely the balance was thrown way off.  I will check it out and adjust as needed.   Edit:  Woah, they really changed the spawn values on vanilla animals, Like 1 became 40!  Amazing you even saw 1 bird!

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Packs are all working except one bug to resolve related to the NPC modlet but causing delays in case the bug turns out to be connected to a CPack.  The first release will be for testing so I want to emphasise DO NOT add the testing release to a game save.  The pack will be updated regularly so expect new bugs and save breaks until stable is dropped. Sooooon.