A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

I cant even fathom playing the game without this mod, there's your feedback. ;) A question, is it possible to remove the spawn of certain npcs ? Namely the new crawler has to many problems with clipping, and the large soldiers that walk like they shite themselves. Id love to see some of the ravenhearst mobs added too *nudge. ^^

I cant even fathom playing the game without this mod, there's your feedback. ;) A question, is it possible to remove the spawn of certain npcs ? Namely the new crawler has to many problems with clipping, and the large soldiers that walk like they ♥♥♥♥e themselves. Id love to see some of the ravenhearst mobs added too *nudge. ^^

Yes, just edit the entitygroups.xml and remove any creature you dont love. That way it wont spawn into the game.

I am not aware that any of the entities in Ravenhurst are using Gen3 creatures, likely that are all gen2 and require custom code to make them work. Those would not be compatible with a vanilla game like these are.

Just wanted to say I love these mods!!! I play with the animals, humans, and zombies ones. Makes the world seem more, um, "alive"??? Heehee. Anyway, these are "must have" mods for me now. Thanks to all of the contributors.

I agree! The game is so much better with the added variety of zombies, animals etc.

I have a problem with github, my download is basically snail speed. If im lucky i get around 150kbs, i dont get any info on the file size and usually the dl fails. Using firefox 64bit and no dl manager.

Try using the mod launcher instead.

Pushed updates to animals, humans and zombiepacks. Converted the flying creatures to use the old Hornet class so they don't do those annoying vulture things like only attack when wounded, chasing vehicles etc. Hornet class isn't so inhibited. There is a template for passive flying things and hostile ones now. Moved Guppy's insect from zombiepack to animalpack. Fixed the Crow not flying. Commented out the compass icons from the Human templates so NPCs don't show on the map.

Side note: The introduction of the Hornet Class opens up the possibility for lots of interesting new dangers in the world. Be afraid, very afraid ;-)

Hornets were removed a long time ago and it's probably a matter of time until devs decide to remove their code as well. It's usually done to keep the code clean of unused stuff, so even if the vultures extend from hornets now, devs may eventually decide to redo vultures to make them standalone and once it's done, there will be nothing to stop them from removing the unused code for hornets. Am I still wrong?

That faatal has had two opportunities (once when vultures were introduced, and again when he changed the code to attack vehicles and low health players), PLUS the plethora of old code throughout, gives us hope that it'll stay. Worst case? It goes. Oh well. Until then, I'm going to enjoy wrecking people's day with sleeper nests of these things. :)

That faatal has had two opportunities (once when vultures were introduced, and again when he changed the code to attack vehicles and low health players), PLUS the plethora of old code throughout, gives us hope that it'll stay. Worst case? It goes. Oh well. Until then, I'm going to enjoy wrecking people's day with sleeper nests of these things. :)

Lol, yeah, your latest creatures remind me of a bloatfly and a mole rat. For a moment there, I thought I'm playing a different game. ;) lol

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at AvatarZombieController.LateUpdate () [0x00019] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at AvatarZombie01Controller.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

(Filename: <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952> Line: 0)

at AvatarZombieController.Update () [0x000d3] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at AvatarZombieController.Update () [0x000d3] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at AvatarZombieController.LateUpdate () [0x00019] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at AvatarZombie01Controller.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

Someone could help me??

We would need more information. What modlets do you have? What versions of the creaturepacks are you running, the latest? You logs would help too:

OUTPUT LOG LOCATIONS Windows: From Steam or Launcher

<gamefolder>\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log__<DATETIME >.txt From .exe

%AppData%\LocalLow\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\player.log From dedicated through startdedicated.bat

<gamefolder>/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log_<DATETIME>.txt Linux From Executable

<homefolder>/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die <- Dedicated>/Player.log From start scripts or Steam

<gamefolder>/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log__<DATETIME>.txt From server with management scripts

/home/sdtd/instances/<instancename>/logs/output_log_<DATETIME>.txt MacOS

<homefolder>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

We would need more information. What modlets do you have? What versions of the creaturepacks are you running, the latest? You logs would help too:

I have the same issue NREs all over the place.

I just downloaded the Humans pack from the git link, so I assume it's the latest? (Had this issue maybe a month or more back when I tried also)

Do I need to have the Mod installed locally as well as on my server? I may have missed that info.

In very limited testing, when I install the mod locally and play on the server, no more NREs. But that theory needs more testing to be sure.

Edit: ** Confirmed with the mod installed locally I can interact with NPCs from the pack.. no issue, but when it's server only, it blows up.**

I'm using ONLY the Humans pack.

I have a good number of mods many created by me, and others downloaded, but tweaked my me.

Most add recipes and change some values.. nothing too crazy.

Attached are the logs from my local game:

But basically I get this when I start the game (but nothing breaks until later)

2020-04-13T18:54:17 21.911 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/0-CreaturePackHumans/Resources/XythBanditAmmo.unity3d" failed!
2020-04-13T18:54:17 21.911 WRN [MODS] Mod reference for a mod that is not loaded: 0-CreaturePackHumans
2020-04-13T18:54:17 21.911 WRN [MODS] Trying to guess path from mod name: #C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/0-CreaturePackHumans/Resources/XythBanditAmmo.unity3d?BanditSlugAmmo_X
Unable to open archive file: C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7daystodie_Data/../Mods/0-CreaturePackHumans/Resources/XythBanditAmmo.unity3d

And it seems when a human from the pack is near, I get NREs

output_log__2020-04-13__18-53-42.txt

Edited by ecksfiftyone (see edit history)