A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

*Faceplam*. Why did I not check that beforehand.

After updating it seems to have fixed the error for that specific spot, so i'm assuming it's solved :).

Thank you guys for replying and the advice. 

Hopefully that is the last of that (and if not i'll probably be back again lol)

And keep up the good work guys, your work is appreciated!

Hi Xyth,

Got this error with the latest DL of the Human pack.

2020-05-06T18:50:22 90.190 EXC Requested value 'BlockPenetrationFactor' was not found.
ArgumentException: Requested value 'BlockPenetrationFactor' was not found. 

This is the only instance I found.

<item name="ammoNPCShotgunShell">

<passive_effect name="BlockPenetrationFactor" operation="base_set" value="5"/>

I commented it out and the pack loaded. 

Thanks to you and all the contributors. 

Installation

Just drop the mod into your Mods folder and have fun. They are not dependent on each other so load the ones you want. If your using a dedicated server, you also need to load this into your dedi server Mods folder.

Is this for single player only? I put in Mods folder on rented server, all i get are errors in the console, red lettering when i enter a region. Can't get out unless i use ctrl+alt+del - or am i missing something? This would be awesome...if this has been answered before, then sorry...thanks for the work and hopefully i get to see it...thanks again

This is just ... amazing! This plus the compopack for more prefabs makes the game so much more interesting. There's some super creepy new zombies in there. Love them!

I had a couple NRE's pop up, but I'm having so much fun that I don't even care! Great job to everyone involved!

17 minutes ago, Melen said:

This is just ... amazing! This plus the compopack for more prefabs makes the game so much more interesting. There's some super creepy new zombies in there. Love them!

I had a couple NRE's pop up, but I'm having so much fun that I don't even care! Great job to everyone involved!

You should report any NREs that may pop up though, Xyth was on the hunt for NREs, I believe.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Can i ask does this mod touch any vanilla textures ? am using a mod called War3zuk Alpha 18.4 B4 AIO OverHaul, and when i play it some of the vanilla textures drop to very low quality EXP:

image.png.913e24f9710fae0e930064c028b714c6.png

but then some odd reason when i remove some of the files from this mod in that pack ie , 0-CreaturePackAnimals or the zombie Pack it all goes back to normal. Just wondering if there would be a reason why this might happen , and if you have any thoughts , thanks.

Edited by AdrianVaughan (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Running low on texture memory.  Turn texture streaming off in the video settings. 

You know what's funny? Texture streaming is what's supposed to prevent you from running low on texture memory. It seems like the feature could use some bugfixing...

1 hour ago, mr.devolver said:

You know what's funny? Texture streaming is what's supposed to prevent you from running low on texture memory. It seems like the feature could use some bugfixing...

Yeh, but that would be logical.  We don't do logical in these here parts. :)

18 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Yeah when i play its got less then 200mb of my 8gb om my evga 2080.  

Small issue: the baker trader fell into my death pit where I do horde nights and now I can't get him out and he is indestructible so I can't get rid of him. Is there a quick edit I can do to a cfg to make him vulnerable and wipe his crusty @%$*#! from my world?

What makes him invulnerable is the NPCID property that enables the trader functionality.  You could try backing up the game save then remove that property from the trader then you should be able to kill him, but it may 1.  corrupt the game save (hence the backup) and 2. will disable all other custom traders.  Once hes killed, put the property back and restart, but keep that backup savegame handy cause it might corrupt on restarting that version.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank your very much for this awesome pack. When I use this mod on dedicated server + already existing world, everything works fine, new zombies roaming everywhere, but the radiated zombies are disappeared. Before I added the mod, they were pretty common all around (Gamestage 400+). Is it intentional, or it is because it's not a new world? It looks like the new zombie types somehow erased the possibility of radiated trait, and I miss them.

The creature packs are intended to be a resource mod; one where you can adjust things easily to fit your needs.  If you want Harley to be a survivor rather than a bandit, you just need to make a small edit to the entityclasses.xml file. For example, BanditHarley has this line:         

<entity_class name="humanHarleyBandit" extends="humanMeleeMaleBanditTemplate">

To make Harley a survivor, you would change that line to:

<entity_class name="humanHarleyBandit" extends="humanMaleSurvivorTemplate">

Have fun.