How to make tones of money, A18?

Hollowprime

I've searched the items category it appears the only way to make cash is either selling junk turrets,stacks of mateirals (rocks,sand) , forged steel and gold/diamond.

The next big thing I found was making 50 chassis of minibikes or vehicles or above. Maybe if you're sitting in a pile of springs even make powered draw bridge stacks.

But realistically speaking how do you reach forget'n elixir or solar panel stacks of money?

May be a bit of a "hoho! see?" to the "crafting izteh deadz rip" people, but crafting makes a ton of money. Craft coolers/other decorative items, iron tools (big one), iron armor, leather armor, cloth armor. Craft repair kits and repair anything level 2 (guns too) or up for a big boost in sale. Also, the office chairs, scrap them from inventory. They net a ton of leather, versus the low gain from harvesting them (leather sells, and can craft stuff to sell)

May be a bit of a "hoho! see?" to the "crafting izteh deadz rip" people, but crafting makes a ton of money. Craft coolers/other decorative items, iron tools (big one), iron armor, leather armor, cloth armor. Craft repair kits and repair anything level 2 (guns too) or up for a big boost in sale. Also, the office chairs, scrap them from inventory. They net a ton of leather, versus the low gain from harvesting them (leather sells, and can craft stuff to sell)

Well coolers are now in stacks of 3 so no more selling them for real profit.

I was toying with the crafting menu and found some interesting things. 500 stacks of ammo ranges from 120 to 500 coins. Stacks of metal trussing, which is very expensive in iron,give about 5000 coins more or less. Stack of drawers require huge amounts of steel but give something less than 10k coins.

Stacks of chassis are super expensive (in terms of materials) so in theory you could stack them and sell them for high rewards but this could take a long time. Not impractical just a ton of rotten meat leather and iron.

Selling high quality tools and armor gives about 500 coins each item more or less. To reach the tens of thousands of coins required for solar panels and some other exotic items seems impractical .

But realistically speaking how do you reach forget'n elixir or solar panel stacks of money?

By doing lots of quests and selling everything I don't need. I'm on day 29 and have 20000 coins although I haven't put a single point in Better Barter yet and bought some expensive things. In A18.1 this will probably not be so easy anymore because of the loot nerf.

By doing lots of quests and selling everything I don't need. I'm on day 29 and have 20000 coins although I haven't put a single point in Better Barter yet and bought some expensive things.

I have level 4 barter and a cigar the forget n elixir costs about 34000 coins and a solar panel around 40k. You have a lot more selling and questing to do.

I have level 4 barter and a cigar the forget n elixir costs about 34000 coins and a solar panel around 40k. You have a lot more selling and questing to do.

I have level 5 barter, a cigar and the perk that gives you a discount if you wield a magnum while talking to the trader. The forget n elixir costs 24K for me. There is also a potion that gives another discount.

Do you have to have the barter skill unlocked a few points to get solar panels to show up? I have not put any points into it yet, I am on day 40ish and threat level 120, still have not seen solar panels at any of the traders.

I only saw solar panels at the traders when I went 5/5 bartering. Perhaps there are other variables/calculations as well. Maybe someone who's done some extra digging can provide more input.

Aah that sucks. I saw about 4 or 5 on top of Prowlin Petes, I think it was. I thought I'd struck it rich. :crushed:

Forged Iron and regular iron at the very least other stuff too if I recall. You can also get forged iron from wrenching down the dumbbell sets in houses, and the gym in Dishong Tower.

I only saw solar panels at the traders when I went 5/5 bartering. Perhaps there are other variables/calculations as well. Maybe someone who's done some extra digging can provide more input.

I've seen one or two with 4/5 Barter in my current INT game by day 28.

If you're swimming in mechanical parts, as you're likely to be if you play the "will it wrench?" game, you're better off selling stacks of lockpicks than forged iron.

If you're a miner, selling mass rocks, clay, sand, and lead will earn money

If you have a point into lockpicking, lockpicks sell for far more than their component parts, though they craft somewhat slowly and require a workbench.

Otherwise mass producing junk turret ammo - using workbenches to do the crafting for you - will still net you gobs of money.

Questing nets a fair amount of money, and often the rewards are less than useful....so check the highest sell price and sell it right back. Once you hit level 3 quests are are getting Q3-4 tier 3 items, you can net a good 800-1500 per quest reward on top of the dukes you make (Q3, T3 items sell around 750, a Q4 auger or chainsaw will get you in the vicinity of 1300-1600)

Knowing what sells and what doesn't also helps.

Animal fat sells about 1-2 dukes each and stacks high

old cash sells about 1.75 dukes each, and you can occasionally find several hundred in a chest or zombie bag

electronic parts can sometimes be harvested at absurd rates far beyond what you need, and stack high for later selling

duplicate magazines sell for 100, duplicate schematics for 160

jars and cans and bottled water sell kinda poorly, but they're still worth 1 or more each and again, they stack high

Quality 3 or higher items in final loot boxes of POIs will always sell better than their parts, and are usually worth spending a repair kit to fix before selling.

Basically, if you aren't returning from nearby POIs unbelievably encumbered by random crap to sell to traders, you're missing out on potential money. I tend to be scraping for dukes the first 7-10 days while i try to buy up all the books, schematics, useful mods, clothing, and workstations at the trader, and after that my income from questing and knowing what turns a tidy profit while looting gives me the money to buy pretty much everything I could want on the restocks after that. I can usually regularly afford to buy a fergettin elixir by day 15...without any special effort to save up, unless I was trying specifically to buy a finished motorcycle or 4x4

You can still make money with coolers it's just not as good as before. With just a Cigar you can get just shy of $200 for a stack of 3 Coolers. Most of my money has come from selling duplicate schematics and such along with every lvl3+ quality bit of gear I don't intend to use. Just remember to fully repair everything before you sell.

Is there a quick way to know which schematics and books you've already got?

There is an book icon on the top left corner of the schematics. If the book is closed you have not learned the schematics yet. If the book is open you already know the recipe.

There is an book icon on the top left corner of the schematics. If the book is closed you have not learned the schematics yet. If the book is open you already know the recipe.

Thank you, that is very helpful.

They'll be up front ahead of unknown ones, about the best way.

Btw don't forget you can wrench landmines guys, the legend says.

Just remember to RIGHT CLICK. Not left.

Archived