Fergetin' Elixir

Viktoriusiii

How does it work exactly?

Does it ONLY refund your skillpoints? Or does it also delete recipes that you learned via books?

Because how would it differentiate between the two? If you have perked into something it shows that you already read that recipe.

Sooo... I guess all recipes that we have read are lost too when reading this?

And if I am right... would me asking to change this do anything? :D

BC I don't want to refind all the recipes I learned already :-/

How does it work exactly?

Does it ONLY refund your skillpoints? Or does it also delete recipes that you learned via books?

Because how would it differentiate between the two? If you have perked into something it shows that you already read that recipe.

Sooo... I guess all recipes that we have read are lost too when reading this?

And if I am right... would me asking to change this do anything? :D

BC I don't want to refind all the recipes I learned already :-/

Well from the XML the item does

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ResetProgression" reset_books="false"/>

and

ResetProgression hardcoded to ignore book perks

So I guess it doesn't remove things learned from books.

Well from the XML the item does

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ResetProgression" reset_books="false"/>

and

ResetProgression hardcoded to ignore book perks

So I guess it doesn't remove things learned from books.

well but I'm pretty sure with "books" they simply mean those 7 parters. The great heist and so on.

I'm pretty sure schematics only give you like the recipe.

Basicially:

If you buy the perk

then you get perk+recipe

if you read the schematic

then you only get the recipe.

And if you drink the fergetin elixir, ir simply wipes those two.

as of B149, I'd asked this same question and was confirmed that it did NOT wipe books.

HOWEVER, since then, book recipes are now marked "read" if you've bought the skill, but not yet read the book, so that might have changed.

You could always test it though...

cheat mode on

f1 giveselfxp 50000

creative menu, spawn a forge recipe and a fergetin' elixir

learn the schematic, learn the forge skill, drink the elixir, see what happens.

Maybe try it again with just the schematic and the elixir and see what happens.

hey guys, I've some good news:

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

Drank the elixir, watched the Forge recipe get locked again (active craft unaffected)

Waited for the craft to complete, have a forge.

Read the Forge schematic, started a new craft

Drank the elixir, watched the Forge recipe stay unlocked (active craft also unaffected)

Waited for the craft to complete, have another forge.

Could start another craft, cancelled.

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

Drank the elixir, watched the Forge recipe stay unlocked (active craft also unaffected)

Soo, you do not Forge the Forget recipe with the Forgett..

Nor do you Forget the Forge recipe with the Forgettin' Elixir if you've read it from a book.

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

Drank the elixir, watched the Forge recipe get locked again (active craft unaffected)

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

Nor do you Forget the Forge recipe with the Forgettin' Elixir if you've read it from a book.

This is so good to hear! Thank you. I wasn't expecting it... but unexpected good news are awesome :D

thx for taking the time :)

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

I 👀 what u did there...

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

Bought the forge perk

Started crafting a forge

+1 ;) Now stop drinking unknown elixirs offered by a stranger, you may wake up in the hold of a boat...

What about recipes from books? If there are any...

You don't forget the books, and the mechanic for keeping recipe versions even for things you do forget exists => I don't see any reason you would forget the book set recipes. So much so that I'm not going to bother to test it ... :)

Machine Guns -set has the M60, and I think the Heist set has lockpick crafting as it's 7/7 bonus, Needle & Thread is all about recipes .. plenty to test if you feel so inclined.

Well, the traders seem to have it in stock pretty constantly, can't remember not seeing one.

So, incredients are; 40k dukes. If you're buying one to use it, if you have any spare points, go bartering for the price reduction.

And, no, I don't think you can actually craft it - haven't really looked though, but would be kinda odd given what you just described.. :) It's mere existence is a kind of a workaround..

If you're wondering if it's craftable by any means, I have 30 google chrome tabs open with various college stuff/networking simulation labs so I cant get on 7 days for a few hours, but I loaded the XML and it has nothing craftable or "learnable" attached to it.

<item name="drinkJarGrandpasForgettingElixir"> <!-- respec potion, player version -->
<property name="HoldType" value="3"/>
<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Food/bottled_waterPrefab.prefab"/>
<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mglass"/>
<property name="Weight" value="10"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="10"/> <!-- STK resource -->
<property name="EconomicValue" value="20000"/>
<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false"/>
<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,CFDrink/Cooking"/>
<property class="Action0">
	<property name="Class" value="Eat"/>
	<property name="Delay" value="1"/>
	<property name="Use_time" value="..."/>
	<property name="Sound_start" value="player_drinking"/>
	<property name="Create_item" value="drinkJarEmpty"/>
</property>
<effect_group tiered="false">
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyStats" stat="Health" operation="subtract" value="1"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffPerkAbilityUpdate"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="PlaySound" sound="player#death" play_in_head="true"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="PlaySound" sound="player_death_stinger" play_in_head="true"/>
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ShowToolbeltMessage" message_key="drinkJarGrandpasForgettingElixirTooltip"/>
</effect_group>
</item>

I suppose for reference if you don't know the XML, if it's learnable it'll have something like this attached:

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkMasterChef,drinkJarGrandpasLearningElixirSchematic"/>

Archived