The sad decline of "The Walking Dead"

bobrpggamer

Yep, that's Black Summer. It was big news for me when I found out there is a prequel called Z-Nation, which is also on Netflix. It is a different kind of thing, with some touches of comedy, but I ended up liking it. I recommend you to give it a try! :fat:

JJones is dead (the show). Big marvel decided that those branches were not very good. They're wrong of course, but whatever. Well, Luke Cage sucked but JJ and DD were top notch, and Punisher, Defenders, Iron Fist were good enough...

KKai S2 had the *best* school fight I've ever seen in a show... it was /brutal/. Good season, and probably the only one where I started to side with Daniel. Well, for one particular scene, anyway.

Yeah, I was disappointed that JJones was dropped. Punisher and Iron Fist were "OK", but I feel they could have done a lot better than what we got.

Also I saw Black Lightning, and was like WTSF through about half of it. Although, I suppose that shouldn't surprise me since it's CW.

BL is pretty bad... Watched the whole first season though... The wife kept asking me "why are you watching that crap".

I did Titans s1 but haven't been interested enough to see s2.

Moving into comedies now. Re did the entire The Office, and am loving Sorry Not Sorry.

Yep, that's Black Summer. It was big news for me when I found out there is a prequel called Z-Nation, which is also on Netflix. It is a different kind of thing, with some touches of comedy, but I ended up liking it. I recommend you to give it a try! :fat:

Ive seen the entire Z-Nation series and I am waiting for DVDs of them, I only have Season 1 and 2 on DVD so far. I loved Murphy even though he's a jackass most of the show. The difference I noticed in Z-Nation and The Walking Dead is that Z-Nation can think outside the box and add things that are surprising even if it is lamb its still trying to be different where as The Walking Dead is pretty much all the same which is realistic but tends to be boring.

Z-nation shows off a little of the Sci-fi networks lameness but it is one of their best, that and Happy. I could not believe that Happy was done by them, it seemed a little too good (or another word to describe it I cannot think of) to come from the Sci-Fi network. Some of their movies are something you might watch just to relax and not overthink too much or at all. If you like B movies then that's what you would find, I do like some B movies but some of the Movies and TV shows I have watched have just been awful.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder how far these guys will go to make a buck over their franchise, I do no think I will bother with this new, whatever, as you say it just looks like another soap opera based zombie spinoff for teen girls or something.

Fear the Walking Dead was cool for a while but now is just terrible, I think after Nick (who I liked for the most part) and the addition of Morgan and Dwight it could not go very far and now is just a terrible mess that cannot be fixed without a miracle plot-line or some character that just stands out enough to watch - unless of course you are bored like me and then you sit through it anyway because you have nothing better to do, or maybe you want to watch Morgan bleed to death on the steps of some porch in a ghost town in the new season premiere, this may really be the only thing that stood out this last season.

Sorry for spoilers if you did not sit through the last season and are waiting for a Blu-Ray release.

• 2 weeks later...

TWD suffered from repetitiveness and bad directors/writers (show was changing them all the time) - it got kind of better lately though.

My doctor also suggested Carnivàle which I also have.

Such a great TV show, it's a shame it was cancelled.

Moving into comedies now. Re did the entire The Office, and am loving Sorry Not Sorry.

Brilliant show - and the American version is better than the English one, for once. Watch the IT Crowd if you haven't already and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace for a powerful dose of great English humor.

TWD had many issues. People hated certain characters and loved others. What sucked about it was that they'd keep one that nobody liked around for way too long, then finally make them semi-likable, then they'd kill off somebody else, and finally you'd be done with the one you're left with and totally ready for them to die too. It just never felt like the writers listened to the fans. Carol was that character for me. I hated her whiny attitude in the beginning, tolerated her when she became sort of badass, then hated her when she started thinking as though her newfound badassery made her the arbiter of life and death and righteousness. The governor was the last great character arch. Negan was great, but the show became more about shock factor, i.e. the deaths of not one but two characters. I haven't been able to get myself into the mood to catch back up with the show.

Z Nation was too much of a goof for me to get into either. Some friends like it due to its brevity, but for me it's too much. I've yet to find a tv show that has zombies and doesn't fall apart. The last show for that matter that started and ended on a high note before jumping the shark was Burn Notice, in general I mean. All the rest either jumped the shark or tried to top even that. This is why, for my zombie fix, I go with video games though that took a hit as of Black Ops 3. That got too convoluted.

Archived