Working Water Vehicles for 7 Days to Die

Ragsy 2145

Bobbing can be done but it is permanent and not easy to get the right look ,  for the Jetski it would look ok but the vehicle bounces up down at full stop.

I Tried to do things in unity to simulate bouyancy but unfortunately to make it work 100% would have to go for code C# solution and mod then becomes a DMT version ..... which I am trying to avoid . 

If there are breakthroughs I will update but I rather suspect boats will break in A20 as TFP are actively working on changing water in the game ...

so it may be will be a start from scratch situation probably.

Particles animations are in the works and this for me is a new area of unity so bear with me on this ;)

acvhDQst.png

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typo (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 4:33 AM, Pritch said:

Is there a way to run this mod using DMT?

I dont understand ....it works without DMT its just Standard Modlet required on client and server .

I have now sorted out particle system for some of the water vehicles ,  basically offering a choice , if you press F you can have particle effects showing and if you have an old potato PC you can switch them off

I found that the FPS was dropping a lot ,   I managed to optimise the model and particle effect more and now the FPS drop is minimised (although i do like my settings on high and Ultra lol) so the Jetski will be available soon , also now with a better floating motion.  I will try optimising more before release.

I will add the Particle options to the other boats over the next month as they do look good on boats with propellers  

1696041644_BoatParts.thumb.png.b0f244224d6be433dc202310e87e867c.png

Also incoming soon the Windsurfer ...few more bits to sort out

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typo City as usual lol (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Cranberry Monster said:

Very excited for the windsurfer. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words ....

I did post up in early days that i would do a Jetski , ended up doing the bathtub boat first as fits the apocalipse more .    The windsurfer I looked for ages to get one in game but in the end gave up , ActiniumTiger my partner in Vehicle Madness spotted that one above so have him to thank for finding it . 

I have a Speedboat , Riverboat , Small Fishing Boat and a Rowing Boat in the works but holding back on them a while as i would rather get the rowing boat sorted first .    The bigger boat stuff would be more endgame .

Also toyed with the idea of player finds a rubber ring and can swim with it lol ...

Ragsy !!

Ok so quite a lot to show here :   Boating modlet has been updated to version 5 , the BathtubBoat Updated to version 2 and added 2 new watercraft ,  the Jetski and the Windsurfer

A Video showing these in action as well as some other stuff in development

Original OP updated here with new download link for the Boating Modlet version 5

Boating Modlet Updated to Version 5 with lots of changes

Updates Version 5
1. Texture settings adjusted
2. Re-scaled /resized both boats
3. Added decorative cooler box to flat bottomed boat

4. Added a third seat to the flat bottomed boat (not tested in MP yet).
5. Depth masks applied to boats to stop water seeping effect and allow boats to ride lower in water for more realism effect.
6. Particle system added ...this can be toggled via the 'F' key (headlight function)
7. Added 'drag' colliders to bottom of boats to counter land use. Boats will stick in ground and steering is compromised
8. Added Localisation file
9. Added working propellers

Bathtub Boat Updated to Version 2 with lots of changes

Updates Version 2

1. Optimised Model to reduce size of unity file.  
2. Added Particles ...these can be switched on or off with the F key ... (headlight function)
3. Depth mask applied to stop water seeping effect and allow it to ride lower in water
   for more realism effect.
4. Textures adjusted
5. Added working propeller

Download link in original post here:

New Modlets

WindSurfer Modlet

fddR1Xm.jpg

Early game vehicle that is gone with the wind ! 

Launch

Place the Windsurfer on/in water in a 'shallow water' area that has fairly flat ground underneath

Controls

Steering is A and D as per vanilla settings ....mouse is for looking around only and has no affect on steering a water vehicle.
Space bar and c control the up and down angles (same as a gyro) which you may occasionally need to adjust slightly as you travel on water otherwise you may sink, this version seems very stable as its a slower speed water vehicle.  
W is forwards and S is slow down/reverse ..If you let go of w and shift (Turbo) then the Windsurfer slowly comes to a stop, pressing S will slow the Windsurfer down
more quickly this replaces spacebar as the brake key.

Crafting

an early game vehicle which is craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed at the cost of gathering resources to build it,  it will help early game if you actually find a 'working workbench' and allow you to make the windsurfer a lot sooner.

Other Info

To anchor the Windsurfer and stop it drifting away use C and spacebar to level the Windsurfer till it stops drifting.

Particle system added ...this can be toggled via the 'F' key (headlight function)

The Windsurfer can be picked up into inventory, if you sink it at any point, although be careful if you sink it too far away from the shores as it could be a long swim back.
No storage option on this vehicle.

WindSurfer Download

Additional credits : ActiniumTiger for new texture for windsurfer .

Happy Boating in A19

Ragsy!!

Jetski Modlet

vSFjhVr.jpg

A slightly faster form of water transport with two seats so take a friend .

Experimental work in progress version 1.

Launch

Place the jetski on/in water in a 'shallow water' area that has fairly flat ground underneath, if you have no shallow water in your map then
build a small launch dock, then add fuel to the Jetski and off you go.

The Jetski will behave irratically if placed on land and will damage player made blocks and is not controllable.

Controls

Steering is A and D as per vanilla settings ....mouse is for looking around only and has no affect on steering a boat.
Space bar and c control the up and down angles (same as a gyro) which you will need to adjust slightly as you travel on water otherwise you may sink.  
W is forwards and S is slow down/reverse ..If you let go of w and shift (Turbo) then the Jetski slowly comes to a stop, pressing s will slow the Jetski down
more quickly this replaces spacebar as the brake key.

Crafting

The Jetski is craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed at the cost of resources by creating the required assemblies to build it,  it will help early game if you actually find a 'working workbench' and allow you to make the Jetski a lot sooner.

Other info

To anchor the Jetski and stop it drifting away use c and spacebar to level the Jetski till it stops drifting.

Particle system added ...this can be toggled via the 'F' key (headlight function)

The Jetski can be picked up into inventory, if you sink it at any point, although be careful if you sink it too far away from the shores as it could be a long swim back.
Best to not store stuff as Zombies now can attack water vehicles in game.

JetSki Download

Additional credits : ActiniumTiger for new rusted texture for Jetski .

Happy Boating in A19

Enjoy

Ragsy!!

*******  THESE MODLETS HAVE CUSTOM ASSETS AND MUST BE INSTALLED ON
BOTH CLIENT AND THE SERVER TO USE THE MODS IN MULTIPLAYER *******

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typos rewords etc etc (see edit history)

So Hyped to play with these. That windsurfer looks so sweet, and I'd love an intertube/float ring for better swim speeds. Especially if it has an extra second or two delay on the pickup to account for letting the air out enough to pack it away. And no storage just like the windsurfer. Well, that's my thoughts at least. I'd love to use these for a riverworld idea i had, and in strange new world my next overhaul/chapter 2 of the story of my overhauls. 

8 minutes ago, magejosh said:

So Hyped to play with these. That windsurfer looks so sweet, and I'd love an intertube/float ring for better swim speeds. Especially if it has an extra second or two delay on the pickup to account for letting the air out enough to pack it away. And no storage just like the windsurfer. Well, that's my thoughts at least. I'd love to use these for a riverworld idea i had, and in strange new world my next overhaul/chapter 2 of the story of my overhauls. 

Feel free to use any of the water vehicle stuff in your 'Riverworld Overhaul'  idea ......   if you need any more water stuff we can chat when you are ready to go .

regards

Ragsy !!

On 6/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, Gouki said:

Hi rags

Thanks for the new updates and for the new water vehicles.
A great job from you and actinium.
Regards

Thanks for your continuing support :) 

Added spanish translation to the original Boating Modlet localisation pushed to gitlab. Translations supplied by  orlydb

Boating Modlet Version 5

Regards

Ragsy !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated the Jetski and Raft Modlets for A20

****  Note : Do not go too near the shore as you may break water blocks in A20 and this will affect player health - if you get health loss due to water block breaking get off the boat quick.   Looking into this at present and a way too fix for A20  *****

Jetski

Changelog: Version 2
1. Adapted to A20 XML including some physics changes  
2. Vehicle Mods enabled - Includes Fuel Saver, the seat mod and reserve tank , dye is useable and will tint the flash trim only, rest of jetski has a custom texture.

Download the Jetski here

20211215203128_1.thumb.jpg.6f2418decbf0e6b341146525cfebee61.jpg

20211216233947_1.thumb.jpg.d183ebf52531940a2307c0dc393eacfa.jpg

The Raft

Version 2 Changelog

1, Updated XML to A20 

2. Added support for Telrics Fishing mod ...you can now do some fishing from the Raft

The raft has 4 fixed seats still and will update to modded versions later  ...  I need to re do a few things on it in the future and add some water effects but for now its sail away as before .

Download the Raft Modlet here

20211216023616_1.thumb.jpg.acbdb70bf9c497498d4dfd0783a47453.jpg

Working on the other boat  stuff over next week or so.

*******  THESE MODLETS HAVE CUSTOM ASSETS AND MUST BE INSTALLED ON
BOTH CLIENT AND THE SERVER TO USE THE MOD IN MULTIPLAYER *******

Happy Boating in A20

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Small update pushed to gitlab to make the Raft compatible with Telrics new fishing mod ...   you will now be able to use his mod with the Raft  so you can fish away !. 

Telrics fishing mod can be downloaded here   Telrics Fishing Mod for A20

Also check out some of Telrics other mods whilst you are there 😉

20211218025339_1.thumb.jpg.414ee60c00827799118918837b4029bd.jpg

Regards

Ragsy !!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Changed pic (see edit history)

On 10/7/2021 at 9:28 AM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Next addition will be this ....  Fanboat !!    Will now be pushed back to A20 drops

[fanboat pics removed for brevity]

Regards !!

Ragsy

I totally missed this when you posted about it in October. A fanboat for later game stages? Huminahumina!

Are you planning to make it a speedy devil?

A lot of wishful thinking (wistful even!) on my part - a functional HMG or minigun, onboard your larger boats or any other suitable vehicle, would be be hecka badass. The Pimps might not ever choose, or be able, to add player-operated pintles or turrets, but I can dream. I would even settle for passengers being able to aim and fire from their seat, as long as they don't put holes in me or our ride! 🤪

16 hours ago, mprojekt said:

I totally missed this when you posted about it in October. A fanboat for later game stages? Huminahumina!

Are you planning to make it a speedy devil?

A lot of wishful thinking (wistful even!) on my part - a functional HMG or minigun, onboard your larger boats or any other suitable vehicle, would be be hecka badass. The Pimps might not ever choose, or be able, to add player-operated pintles or turrets, but I can dream. I would even settle for passengers being able to aim and fire from their seat, as long as they don't put holes in me or our ride! 🤪

This FanBoat will be part of Vehicle Madness ......  

Passenger shooting would be my preferred option for vehicles ...  but the Tank is going to need a big gun at some point .  When the madness of A20 updates is finished will be looking at a few more boats and transport options and vehicle mods .

Ragsy !!