Ragsy 2145

Water Vehicle Modlets

Working Water Vehicles for 7 Days to Die

Note: The Assets in these Modlets are purchased (unless otherwise stated) and therefore you are not allowed to extract and alter them in any way.

The assets can be used in other mods that are purely 'non profit'. These assets must not be used in any venture that attempts to make money out of modding.

If you use the xml code i came up with do the right thing and credit me for the float code.

I3ePuAMh.jpgllAo2Ujh.jpg

After discovering and making a vehicle float on water uncontrollably sometime ago I kept on going back to it inbetween other work I was doing and eventually made controllable versions of various in game vehicles both the pimps ones and some custom models by Guppycur and DUST2DEATH purely as proof of concept.

Guppy then kindly bought and rigged some custom boat models especially for this endeavour and we chose the flat bottomed boat version as the most suitable for the start of the water vehicles project.

A big thanks to Guppy for his time and his efforts on the models we now have an 'xml modlet' version of boating , its still a work in progress but usable (no SDX or DMT) so far.

The Modlet does not change water blocks at all, so its going to be just add the xml modlet and off you go /float. And as per usual with mods that add new models both client and server would need the modlet.

Boating Modlet Download

Note :  The Modlet works for A18.4 and A19

>>--7 Days Mod Launcher by Sphereii --<<

Additional Credits :

7 Days to Die Forum community for wanting water based vehicles.

TFP for the great game we love

The 'Crew' on Guppy's Discord for their support

HaidrGna for the support when things sank along the way.

Happy Boating

Ragsy and Guppycur !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Added New Dowload Link (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How to Use the Mod

Original A18 fix video still valid at this time although momentum has changed ..new video when I can do one will be uploaded :

Launch

Place the boat in water in a 'shallow water' area that is fairly level ground underneath, boat will rise to surface ready for use once placed, if you have no shallow water in your map then build a small launch dock like in this example kindly supplied by sinder.

n7Lx79gl.png

Then add fuel to boat and off you go ... The boats are economical on fuel so fuel will last a very very long time.

The boat will behave irratically if placed on land and will damage player made blocks, it will move about a bit on its own but is perfectly stable on water.

Controls

Space bar and C control the up and down angles (same as a gyro) which you may need to adjust slightly as you travel on water. Steer the boats with the A and D keys.

If you let go of W and shift (Turbo) then the boat slowly comes to a stop, pressing S will slow the boat down more quickly this replaces Spacebar as the brake key.

To 'anchor the boat' and stop it drifting away use C and Spacebar to level the boat until it stops drifting, useful if you have a fishing mod installed.

General Information

Boats can be picked up into inventory if you sink it at any point provided the 'inventory is empty', although be careful if you sink it too far away from the shores as it could be a long swim back or a long swim to recover the boats.

Crafting

The boats are craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed as the boats are intended as an early game version at the cost of resources and actually finding a working workbench early in the game would be a bonus and allow you to make the boats a lot sooner. The recipe is simple and uses in game resources.

The Future

Along the way hopefully we can expand this to have some bigger boats and different types of watercraft such as, a canoe, a raft , small sail boat, fishing boat and perhaps even a jetski.

Fix log:

Updates Version 2

Fixed exit position thanks to DUST2DEATH for the info on his APC exit co-ordinates ...

Update Version 3

Fully updated to A18 compatible xml physics and boats now placeable in water.

Update Version 4

1. Fixed momentum and now boats will slowly come to a halt and stop ... they stop quicker with pressing the S key

2. Both boats can anchor in water just make sure boats are level in the water using c or spacebar and they wont drift away ... useful for fishing mods and the like.

3. Fixed placing in water ..boats were slow to come to surface.

4. Boat stabilty improved and stopped the random quick sinking when tilted too much.

5. Added a second seat to the flat bottomed boat (not tested in MP yet).

6. Adjusted turn rates and speeds to more suitable levels (subjective).

7. Boat names changed for readability ... may effect modlets that reference the original names.

*** PLEASE NOTE : WITH THE AMOUNT OF CHANGES YOU MUST START

A NEW SAVE AFTER INSTALLING THIS VERSION ***

If you install during a current game you will loose the boats you have made

For best result remove version 3 when you finish your current game and then install version 4 and start a new game.

Download Version 4

Modlet also available on the

More to come !

Happy Boating

Ragsy and Guppycur !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Changed Download Links (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The 'Working TFP Raft' .

This is the first release version ......

The TFP raft model was expertly rigged as a 'working vehicle entity' by DUST2DEATH and then 'Raft float xml physics' applied by myself.

Launch

The Raft can be placed in shallow water with level ground underneath much the same as the latest version of the 'boating modlet'. You can also place the Raft on a flat piece of ground and as near to water as possible and launch from a steeper riverbank side as shown in the video. When launching from land move the raft down slowly towards water and turn it slightly sideways as you approach the waters edge and use the spacebar (tiltback) as you enter the water.

Once in the water level the Raft and off you go.

The Raft will behave a bit irratically on land and will wobble about a bit initially, on water the Raft is very stable.

Controls

Normal keys W and Shift for forward momentum and Space bar and C control the up and down angles (same as a gyro) which you may need to adjust slightly as you travel on water. Although once levelled the Raft is much more stable than a boat. Steer the Raft with the A and D keys.

Note: The speed of the Raft is reduced as compared to the testing video and the camera distance shortened.

If you let go of W and shift (Turbo) then the Raft slowly comes to a stop, there is no reverse on a raft although pressing S will slow the Raft down more quickly this replaces Spacebar as the brake key.

To 'anchor the Raft' and stop it drifting away use C and Spacebar to level the Raft until it stops drifting, useful if you have a fishing mod installed.

Crafting

The Raft is craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed at the cost of having enough resources and actually finding a working workbench. Finding a workbench in early game would be a bonus and allow you to make the Raft a lot sooner.

The recipe's are simple and use standard in game resources... feel free to alter the recipe if you wish.

Raft has 4 seating positions ... not tested in Multiplayer yet please let me know if there are any issues with multiple passengers.

The Working TFP Raft Modlet For A19 and A18

All Boat Modlets also available on the

Additional Credits :

DUST2DEATH for the model re rigging and physics conversion.

TFP for the 'Actual Raft Model' in game.

7 Days to Die Forum community for wanting water based vehicles.

Guppy's Modding Discord for their support along the way.

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
New Download Link (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Older A17.4 Modlet Version Information

First you will probably be thinking theres not much water in 7 Days to Die rwg at present and this is very true.

No Problem , download Tin's rwg Modlet from the 7 days to die forums or the very nice pre-made world 'Guppy's Island' by Guppycur.

Links to these are here

World-Guppys-Island

Tin-s-Modlet-Tweaks

Launch

Place the boat on a flat piece of ground as usual and as near to water as possible then add fuel to boat, the boats are super economical on fuel so fuel will last a very very long time. Once launched into the water the boats will work very stably on water.

The boats will behave a bit irratically on land and will damage player made blocks, they will probably move about a bit on thier own and if you leave the area they may not be there when you come back , advise is pick up the boat into inventory if you go looting in towns.

Controls

Usual controls for vehicles except space bar and c control the up angle (same as a gyro) which you may need to adjust slightly as you enter water depending on the water entry angle, once the boat is level then off you go.

If you press s whilst going forward it will slow the boat down and eventually reverse will kick in this

replaces spacebar as the brake key.

Boats can be picked up into inventory if you manage to sink them at any point, but be quick as they may drift out of reach and also be careful if you sink too far away from the shores as it could be a long swim back (boats can not be placed in water).

The Boats are craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed as these boats are intended as an early game versions at the cost of resources and actually finding a working workbench. Finding a workbench in early game would be a bonus and allow you to make the boats a lot sooner.

The recipe's are simple and use in game resources.

The Flat Bottomed boat will require 3 repair kits for maintenance and the small Dingy will require 2 so remember take some with you ..

Along the way hopefully we can expand this to have some bigger boats and different types of watercraft such as amphibious vehicles, a canoe, small sail boat and perhaps even a jetski.

There are few known issues and glitches that need work arounds but hopefully these can be worked out along the way.

Version 2 of The Modlet for A17.4 is now available here :

Working_Boats_Modlet_For A17.4

Version 2 Released for A17.4 and contains a small dinghy ....

In the first video I stopped boat and got out using debug to simulate standing on the boat whilst using the ACP Fishing Mod.

DUST2DEATH pointed out that on his APC the exit was on top of the vehicle so I have changed the boat accordingly and thanks to Dust on that one and issue solved :)

.... also I am changing the velocity settings so that minimum = 0 full stop !! ......... so you can exit on top of boat without it drifting away from underneath you to do said fishing activity, scuba diving or parking up near shore.

This changes the whole dynamic of the boat in that the boat will stop very quickly when you stop pressing shift key but if you hold S (reverse) with the shift key pressed the boat will slow down normally ( a small sacrifice atm) .

Although this is smaller its much more maneuverable and a bit faster than the flat bottomed boat. Again thanks to Guppycur for the model and rigging it up for me to tinker with.

I3ePuAMl.jpg

f5Qs77Dl.jpg

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Moved A17.4 info to end of reserves (see edit history)
  • Like 1

...people been crying for boats since forever, why hasn't this thread blown up? =)

It seems people are tired of this game, the fire went out.

Awesome, great work :)

One thing, I find the boat to be very slow, but I guess that can be modified.

Looking forward to the update :)

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

Awesome, great work :)

One thing, I find the boat to be very slow, but I guess that can be modified.

Yeah it can be modified just change the max velocity, but was going to add an extra seat or maybe two at some point on the flat bottomed boat so its more of a transport for the many, but the new small dingy that is incoming is designed to be a faster single seater ride to satisfy the needs for speed we all have :).

Although actively Guppy is looking at making some water threats in the future and there is lots of idea's being put forward ... Sharks, crocodiles and a zombie seagul was suggested :)

Ragsy !!

Yeah it can be modified just change the max velocity, but was going to add an extra seat or maybe two at some point on the flat bottomed boat so its more of a transport for the many, but the new small dingy that is incoming is designed to be a faster single seater ride to satisfy the needs for speed we all have :).

Although actively Guppy is looking at making some water threats in the future and there is lots of idea's being put forward ... Sharks, crocodiles and a zombie seagul was suggested :)

Ragsy !!

Ragsy, will you please update the thread as soon as you release the update? I want to get it as soon as available, thanks! :)

As for the speed of the boat, as long as it's faster than just swimming, it IS my favorite feature!

Version 2 is now released and includes the second boat option the small dingy .... updated OP with the new link .

Again still WIP and will keep updating as things get improved along the way ...

Enjoy

Ragsy !!

Updated to A18 compatible xml physics and happily boats now are placeable in water.

More to come !

Happy Boating in A18

Ragsy and Guppycur !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A17 download link seems to be broken? Tried several ways to download and it either doesn't like me or I'm doing it wrong. Both are very valid reasons;-)

Also: A18 link worked fine.

Thanks for the info ...

Link fixed, silly me I forgot to update the link when i changed the folder name to distinguish between the A17.4 and A18 Exp versions :doh:

regards

Ragsy !!

No problem you're welcome

And we gotta keep the A17.4 version in the mix as some do not use experimental versions in new Alpha's.

regards

Ragsy !!