Frustration!!!

FA_Q2

This is how I feel:

business-man-smash-computer.jpg.9b7d3728c702d59ba51a400cfc061a2a.jpg

Last game became corrupted on day 17 - crashed every time minutes after starting. Bummed out because I was trying a new design and never really got to properly test it out but hey - I am addicted.

Started a new game.

I had a wonderful start. 3 traders all next to each other - one sold me a silencer on day 3, one was fully stocked with crafting stations, built my temp base and passed 7 day horde and had my crete base completed on day 8. Found a full set of iron tools (though that took until day 7), located a SGHQ and had a full set of cloths. Really solid start to go into mid game. Game decided I had lived to long - seriously just killed me, crashed the game and deleted my newly built minibike. I play DID so being killed by a bug is rather infuriating but was going to continue anyway. Loaded the game back up and now it crashes constantly now as well. Screwed.

Ah well, I thought I would put it down awhile but discovered I really am hopelessly addicted. Maybe this time it wont crash :(

Power supply? No, not a problem with the machine itself - everything runs really well except the latest 7 days.

I am reinstalling it fresh and hoping that helps my new game. I hope it does because this is one of those rare games that I always seem to come back to no matter what trials I am put through :D

Power supply? No, not a problem with the machine itself - everything runs really well except the latest 7 days.

I am reinstalling it fresh and hoping that helps my new game. I hope it does because this is one of those rare games that I always seem to come back to no matter what trials I am put through :D

It still could be hardware that fails only when under specific stress. Whatever it is, in your case backups after every game session might be helpful.

I had the same problem. But it was my GPU, let me explain: my gpu would get taxed and draw an excessive amount of power from my psu, my psu would cause my system to lock up, and crash the game. You can set limits on power draw in your gpu software i think. I just got a beefier psu and it solved the problem. I think A17 is more gpu heavy then A16 was, which was cpu heavy.

This happened to me over the weekend. But for some reason after I rebooted i was able to log in and pull up that same saved game.

But then, i noticed, like you, my motorcycle was gone. I started just running down the street, about 5 minutes later suddenly I was on my motorcycle. Don't ask me why. I was going to send them a ticket but ... i kept playing and so have no files for them to analyze. because i could not stop playing!

it looks to me like these kinds of crashes are usually related to your computer. I was on day 27 or something like that on a16 still, my computer decided it needed to update and restart while i was playing, thus corrupting my game and my official start to a17.2.

Out of curiosity what is the wattage of your power supply? I've found that in many many cases the reason for crashing when midgame when everything has been running well-- it's due to too low wattage in the power supply.

my video card is temperamental and my entire system can shut down if it gets too hot. so we were playing wow on saturday and my entire computer radomly shut down. turns out, our huge 20-pound cat was sleeping across the exhaust fan, because the tower is on its side on a computer cart under my desk. moved the cat and rebooted and it was fine.

remember to keep your hardware dust free and dont block any fan exhaust points. especially remember to open up your case at least once a month and blow the dust off your video cards and fans.

There are free stress testing apps. Sry, can't recall names atm.

Run a stress tester that stresses CPU & GPU at the same time, and run an app that shows temps. (Open Harware Monitor)

One case you might see is that a critical temp slowly creeps up. If you can see your PSs temps those can be quite interesting. You may see an additive effect where PS temp gets above x, and when it does Case/CPU/or GPU then start to slowly climb.

As far as 7dtd itself goes, the only crashes I've had in a17 are when a vehicle is involved. When I first made & placed a 4x4, I got in, went forward a bit then backed up, full hang, had to hard close 7dtd. Couple sessions later at night coming back from a POI raid w 4x4 full of goodies, hard hang again. On restart no 4x4. Thankfully the save game isn't corrupt, but nothing in logs indicating an issue. (running a couple simple modlets so can't post a bug report)

There are free stress testing apps. Sry, can't recall names atm.

Run a stress tester that stresses CPU & GPU at the same time, and run an app that shows temps. (Open Harware Monitor)

One case you might see is that a critical temp slowly creeps up. If you can see your PSs temps those can be quite interesting. You may see an additive effect where PS temp gets above x, and when it does Case/CPU/or GPU then start to slowly climb.

As far as 7dtd itself goes, the only crashes I've had in a17 are when a vehicle is involved. When I first made & placed a 4x4, I got in, went forward a bit then backed up, full hang, had to hard close 7dtd. Couple sessions later at night coming back from a POI raid w 4x4 full of goodies, hard hang again. On restart no 4x4. Thankfully the save game isn't corrupt, but nothing in logs indicating an issue. (running a couple simple modlets so can't post a bug report)

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

speccy helps

hmm.. haven't tried Speccy, though I definately like CCleaner.

Just based on looking at the four screenshots they offer it doesn't look like speccy provides quite as much detail/info as Open Hardware Monitor (OHM) does.

OHM shows things like individual CPU/GPU core temps/clocks/load, main power rail voltages, hard drive temps. Can log data and can run a graph window with just the info you want.

Could be that Speccy can do all of that and the page just doesn't show it. Or it may provide all the info someone's interested in.

Whatever actually proves useful to somebody right? :)

Opps forgot to put this in case anyone's interested: https://openhardwaremonitor.org/screenshots/

Just based on looking at the four screenshots they offer it doesn't look like speccy provides quite as much detail/info as Open Hardware Monitor (OHM) does.

OHM shows things like individual CPU/GPU core temps/clocks/load, main power rail voltages, hard drive temps. Can log data and can run a graph window with just the info you want.

Could be that Speccy can do all of that and the page just doesn't show it. Or it may provide all the info someone's interested in.

Opps forgot to put this in case anyone's interested: https://openhardwaremonitor.org/screenshots/

I know, my hubby does pc repair, he'd know what program to use.

That CPU only questionably meets the minimum requirements for a16. I doubt it will last long in a17.

No offense, but your PC was out-dated when the game first released in 2013.

That CPU only questionably meets the minimum requirements for a16. I doubt it will last long in a17.

No offense, but your PC was out-dated when the game first released in 2013.

heh :) confused me there Sylen :) That ss is from the project page, not my rig.

Not to say I'm running a beast, far from it, my dear potato is 8 years old and only sporting an i5 2500k & 1GB 6850, so had to drop down to 1280x720 for a17. Too many hobbies :)

Out of curiosity what is the wattage of your power supply? I've found that in many many cases the reason for crashing when midgame when everything has been running well-- it's due to too low wattage in the power supply.

1000 watts.

I bought that PSU in case I wanted to SLI my cards at a later date. Considering that I have not added a second card, I have doubts that my power consumption is to high. I have been thinking about an upgrade because my computer is about 4 or 5 years old but when I started looking for ideas most of the community where I look for build advice thought n upgrade was rather pointless because I would not make real gains. This was a pretty damn strong build when I put it together.

its not just the wattage, check the amps on the 12v rails going to your gpu

eg you can have 1000w psu but if theres only 19amps going to the rails, and your gpu needs minimum 25, then the 1000w is useless

its not just the wattage, check the amps on the 12v rails going to your gpu

eg you can have 1000w psu but if theres only 19amps going to the rails, and your gpu needs minimum 25, then the 1000w is useless

Like I said - it is specced to run 2 of my card. That is what I bought it for.

i never had issues with 7days i run a 500w 750ti graphics card only thing is i cant run it 100% xD bu i never crash or died randomly so kinda wierd to hear u have issues. btw i use regulary ccleaner and malwarebytes.. 1 pron site can contain alot of filthy buggers.xD

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I removed everything (almost - I missed some registry entries apparently because my game options remained) reinstalled and no issues with my last play through up to 30h.

Never really did find out exactly why it was crashing. I think that there is a heat issue - I used to pause the game for long times because I have 3 kids and being a single father game pauses are a necessity. Now I quit and suffer through the loading screen. For some reason, this games resource usage spikes HARD when paused.

This is how I feel:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28105[/ATTACH]

Last game became corrupted on day 17 - crashed every time minutes after starting. Bummed out because I was trying a new design and never really got to properly test it out but hey - I am addicted.

(

which gaming platform do you use to play your game?

i play on a laptop with an i7, 4 physical, 4 virtual, 870 geforce, and 32G ram...

i have found the best way to get the best play is to max everything,

then drop resolution.

i play on 1280x720

60fps is plenty

especially when you had been playing on like 7 f. p. s.

frustration?

i have started in a tower, and flown off the top in 14 days..

i have started in the desert, gotten bored and wandered off...

(western town.. don't do it, glock, unless you have some "thing" else in mind...)

frustration is, as play-testers do

play it as it is, love it or leave it

Archived