Awesome Seeds for A17.2

Roland

Hi Guys,

The original A17 Awesome Seeds thread has had a rough time I'm afraid. There just aren't that many truly awesome maps....

Kidding aside, we all know that RWG is in flux right now and the map has changed a few times and most recently been reverted back to 17.1 settings so it is kind of confusing whether listed seeds will actually be awesome for whatever version you might be playing.

So we are starting a new thread as of A17.2. People are in desperate need of good seeds. If you have one that generates good towns with a variety of POI's instead of the same one spammed over and over well....you might just be the hero of the forums.

So please share and lets support each other until RWG can be great again.

Well Roland to get the ball rolling and get started... :tickled_pink:

Here a decent seed:

seed name: RWG sux a lot

South Radoso County 8k size

Map is fairly flat with nice biomes layout and lots of green, and NO Wasteland!:excitement:

-Red circle are traders

-Black rectangle is very nice area to have a base and get started with many classic shop like Popnpills; bank, Passngas and cars dealers, all the old school stores you can wish for :)

-Yellow circle is best spot to live for 1st week with 2 Working stiff, 1 Shotgun messaiah and 1 Crack a book and various easy other Pois and dungeons.

only 120ish celltowers, utility thingy, junkyard..... compare to the usual 250-300 you got on big city map map: for me it's a win!:smile-new:

There is also 2 big HQ (SM and Sham) and few construction sites but no skyscraper

For now I enjoy the map a lot and all is in bicycle distance :fat:

640809409_RWGsuxalot.jpg.352bac2cb8a23e94ed8c321c74dc5b0f.jpg

I am going to go ahead and repost this here. Because its a really great RWG seed. ( Thanks Roland! )

LOOK NO FURTHER

Check this out.

7DTD Version: A17.2 B27

Seed: Metropolis

Size: 16K

You want cities? This is how you get cities. If you want to know what is there, generate it for yourself. Also has plenty of little water sources.

EDIT: Have played the map 3 days in and I can tell you the amount of buildings is off the charts.

xml tells me there are 5 traders someplace and 5 or 6 skyscrapers. Large buildings everywhere. Fun stuff.

Here You Go. This splatmap does not do it justice. In the RWG preview I counted at least 25 cities. It is up to you to explore further.

201920.jpg

I personally prefer desert biomes. But that's just me

201921.png

Enjoy!

Ok i just generated this map, sorry I do not know how to screenshot the preview but it is one of the best I have seen so far!

size 8192

seed name Meshuggah

will show Hezuno Mountains

4 traders lots of green desert and snow with a huge central city. Smaller towns and cities all over.

The prefab file is 170kb in size

Give it a try!!!

Booted it up, great seed! Love the amount of POIs and good biomes. I always love settling in an area close to forest and snow. Thanks for the seed!

Well Roland to get the ball rolling and get started... :tickled_pink:

Here a decent seed:

seed name: RWG sux a lot

South Radoso County 8k size

Map is fairly flat with nice biomes layout and lots of green, and NO Wasteland!:excitement:

-Red circle are traders

-Black rectangle is very nice area to have a base and get started with many classic shop like Popnpills; bank, Passngas and cars dealers, all the old school stores you can wish for :)

-Yellow circle is best spot to live for 1st week with 2 Working stiff, 1 Shotgun messaiah and 1 Crack a book and various easy other Pois and dungeons.

only 120ish celltowers, utility thingy, junkyard..... compare to the usual 250-300 you got on big city map map: for me it's a win!:smile-new:

There is also 2 big HQ (SM and Sham) and few construction sites but no skyscraper

For now I enjoy the map a lot and all is in bicycle distance :fat:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27835[/ATTACH]

I am going to go ahead and repost this here. Because its a really great RWG seed. ( Thanks Roland! )

LOOK NO FURTHER

Check this out.

You want cities? This is how you get cities. If you want to know what is there, generate it for yourself. Also has plenty of little water sources.

EDIT: Have played the map 3 days in and I can tell you the amount of buildings is off the charts.

xml tells me there are 5 traders someplace and 5 or 6 skyscrapers. Large buildings everywhere. Fun stuff.

Here You Go. This splatmap does not do it justice. In the RWG preview I counted at least 25 cities. It is up to you to explore further.

201920.jpg

I personally prefer desert biomes. But that's just me

201921.png

Enjoy!

Thank you for this! I am running it on my server now and it is awesome!!!!

Hi Guys,

The original A17 Awesome Seeds thread has had a rough time I'm afraid. There just aren't that many truly awesome maps....

Kidding aside, we all know that RWG is in flux right now and the map has changed a few times and most recently been reverted back to 17.1 settings so it is kind of confusing whether listed seeds will actually be awesome for whatever version you might be playing.

So we are starting a new thread as of A17.2. People are in desperate need of good seeds. If you have one that generates good towns with a variety of POI's instead of the same one spammed over and over well....you might just be the hero of the forums.

Couldn't agree more. Ive been ripping my hair out since the beginning on A17 in regards to really bad maps, biomes in particular. Today with some big help from Guppycur, I was able to write my own working biome with no issues. So many good maps Ive generated were more or less wrecked because of the total blend of biomes, they just look unrealistic and terrible.

For now until I can get the light mapping part down, Im using the world previewer and a handful of different mods for the terrain and water features. Its not ideal, but with 32gb of ram, its pretty straight forward.

After a fly over to check my features such as hill and mountains, I normally toss the prefab and road system. There can sometimes be some flattened road looking residue on the map, but someone mentioned a fix that I can let you know is successful or not next go.

One thing thats always bothered me is the multiple duplication of rare structures. When I do use the rwg mixer, I first load in compo pack and a handful of other stable prefabs. Using the rwgmixer from compopack, and depending on the type of map i want, I remove a large number of buildings from the mixer. Things like the old west buildings, large factory and militrary structures, as well as redundant waste of space prefabs from vanilla get pulled. Run the mixer with the basics and then go back and fill in the spaces and draw in the roads. Makes setup and planning pretty simple.

Im no expert, and there are some truly excellent map makers posting here, but I would be happy to tweak and create some maps for people if they wanted. Im getting a lot faster with the world editor, and guys like Stallionsden are starting to group multiple structures into single prefabs, which not only makes things easier, but it makes areas look a lot more realistic.

Anyways, good idea for a post, Im sure a lot of people are feeling the same about this. This is really an excellent community, and Im sure things are going to get better.

LOOK NO FURTHER

Check this out.

Just what I was looking for. Do I generate Metropolis with 16k size? Not quite sure how to get it.

LOOK NO FURTHER

Check this out.

[snip]

Enjoy!

My game seems to crash every time I try and generate a 16k map.

Been lurking for a while and decided to join recently. Been playing 7D2D since it became available on console and decided it was time to step up to PC when A17 was released. Wish I had done this years ago.

Here is a seed I generated earlier today and it looks pretty descent IMHO:

Seed: Texas Vetz

Prefab size : 210KB

Map Size: 8K

2041296751_TexasVetz.jpg.a59ab3d3dc1d144ef322d368e2225e82.jpg

I can't remember the naming that got this seed but went through the log files to get what I'm noting below. Don't know if it helps but it placed me in the middle of a ton of electrical plants (felt like over 30) and was just POIs as far as can see into multiple biomes. Was a very.... interesting seed.

Generating county 'North Jeyeso Mountains' using world seed '407867957'. World size (4096x4096).

I just happened on SpikedCoffee but it is pretty decent, 4 Traders, at least 2 highrise Crack-a-books, hospital, highrise Pharma, couple of factories and 1 massive town

Just wanted to say thanks for this seed. Am using this for one of my Let's Plays in Darkness Falls, and the West is basically POIs and loot for weeks, and everything is on that one huge road through the middle of the map. Go West young man!

Hi Guys,

Stupid nub question...

I made an amazing seed, but I didn't write it down. Is there any way to find what the seed was from the world name? Is it buried in a file somewhere maybe?

Quick question, while generating a 16k map on my dedicated server, i noticed this, "Biome Generator Missed 53992 Sockets" the terminal window showed this in regular green text, not a red error or yellow warning, so I don't know if it's a concern. Is my map borked?

Quick question, while generating a 16k map on my dedicated server, i noticed this, "Biome Generator Missed 53992 Sockets" the terminal window showed this in regular green text, not a red error or yellow warning, so I don't know if it's a concern. Is my map borked?

Looks like the generator did not assign a proper biome to some map points, and used some default biome as fallback.

This shoud not be a problem. You can see the generated biomes in the "biomes.png" in the generatedWorlds folder. (and even edit the biome placement if you dont like the result -> must be done before the actual game-world is then generated when starting the server the first time. You can use a graphics program such as GIMP for that.)

I removed all wasteland and burned forest biomes for my game for example, replacing them with snow or forest.

Archived