Awesome Seeds for A17.2

Roland

GOT ONE,

workersunit

at 0.0 HUGE city i have Zuhehi territory, but spawned pretty nice in several other names

can anyone else run this through and let me know if it is as good as it has been for me... I am unable to run the previewer with the Zuhehi county one, think cause it is an active map but not sure..

thx

• 2 weeks later...
Ok i just generated this map, sorry I do not know how to screenshot the preview but it is one of the best I have seen so far!

size 8192

seed name Meshuggah

will show Hezuno Mountains

4 traders lots of green desert and snow with a huge central city. Smaller towns and cities all over.

The prefab file is 170kb in size

Give it a try!!!

Thank you for the seed. That's the best I tried in 17.2. Hub is mostly desert, but beautiful and huge. Just north of the hub and a little east is green and a trader. Perfect home near the city.

I have a few seeds to share:

Seed: Prefab (generates Old Famii Valley)

If you love easy access to traders and Working Stiffs and nice Green Biomes this one is pretty nice. I won't spoil the seed as you can generate it and read the file if you'd like to know more. There are 3 traders within spitting distance of each other and a few others in the hinterlands.

Seed: Piss Off (generates Pacota County)

I love this seed so far because while it has 4 traders they are largely spread out which encourages journeying about. I also has at least one large Working Stiff and a good mix of the 3 biomes (Green, Desert, Snow) while a minimum of the other 2. The best part of it that I've noticed so far is an unusually steep set of mountains with a multi-fingered lake near the middle of the map that is inviting for some larger scale engineering project (build a road across maybe?)

I have a few more I could share if these are the kind of seeds people are interested in. I enjoy testing seeds.

Hmm not sure what makes a good seed. From what I have been reading people like traders and for it to have skyscrapers.

Biomes and splat

https://imgur.com/a/C7ba4Vh

Has 3 traders only and 5 skyscrapers

Name: Mortuus ab Aurora

Luveri Mountains

If you want more control about how many traders, skyscrapers, landscape, and POIs in general you have, I wrote a little tool to allow that

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

so you dont have a completely random result as map every time you generate a world, but get set your preferences.

If you want more control about how many traders, skyscrapers, landscape, and POIs in general you have, I wrote a little tool to allow that

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

so you dont have a completely random result as map every time you generate a world, but get set your preferences.

Interesting.

Might check it out. Playing on the map I posted at the moment, and it seems pretty good thus far.

map size?

Thanks are these both 8K?

I have a few seeds to share:

Seed: Prefab (generates Old Famii Valley)

If you love easy access to traders and Working Stiffs and nice Green Biomes this one is pretty nice. I won't spoil the seed as you can generate it and read the file if you'd like to know more. There are 3 traders within spitting distance of each other and a few others in the hinterlands.

Seed: Piss Off (generates Pacota County)

I love this seed so far because while it has 4 traders they are largely spread out which encourages journeying about. I also has at least one large Working Stiff and a good mix of the 3 biomes (Green, Desert, Snow) while a minimum of the other 2. The best part of it that I've noticed so far is an unusually steep set of mountains with a multi-fingered lake near the middle of the map that is inviting for some larger scale engineering project (build a road across maybe?)

I have a few more I could share if these are the kind of seeds people are interested in. I enjoy testing seeds.

Ok i just generated this map, sorry I do not know how to screenshot the preview but it is one of the best I have seen so far!

size 8192

seed name Meshuggah

will show Hezuno Mountains

4 traders lots of green desert and snow with a huge central city. Smaller towns and cities all over.

The prefab file is 170kb in size

Give it a try!!!

Thank you for the seed. That's the best I tried in 17.2. Hub is mostly desert, but beautiful and huge. Just north of the hub and a little east is green and a trader. Perfect home near the city.

I can confirm, its a really nice map. Not only 1 trader north of the hub, there are 3 trader very close to each other in green area.

• 4 weeks later...
It baffles me that modders can make great maps in "short" time and TFP so utterly faila time after time. RWG stil sucks.... Radiotowers and ruins anyone.

I think I spent more time last week rerolling orange and purple blobs with the random gen than actually playing the game. I've also had a couple seeds that looked decent in terms of orange and purple ratio but they would lack either a desert area or snow a biome area.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys should specify what game version you are using with these seeds because I noticed they don't give you the words do not give you the same map with different game versions. Like "RWG sux a lot" gave me South Radoso CountY in 17.4 but something else in 17.3.

Archived