Suggestions -- Just a Few Thoughts

ScroogeStooge

Hi, so I see some big changes going on. Please consider the following suggestions to accommodate more players, make the game more friendly to a wider variety of players. Larger core following means more money for you ultimately, so win-win.

1. Offer the ability to choose PG vs. R rating in start menu. I don't need strippers in my games. Also, traders don't have to use filthy language for the game to be fun. However, to each his own, so please consider offering the ability to choose. I can alter the files again if I have to, but why not make it a feature?

2. Offer the option to choose one's own preferred landscape/world style. Prior to this latest update(s), I altered the files to generate nice zones near the center of map, with zones getting worse and worse toward the outer edges, with radiation all around. I restricted snow biomes to tops of mountains. I enjoyed that much more. Again, to each his own, but it would be nice to offer those who create the server more options in the start menu.

3. Offer the option to choose a headstart period. I actually prefer the way it was with the player getting a small window before zombies start spawning. Maybe it's there and I'm just missing it in the settings, but I'd like the choice to be mine.

4. Offer the option to restrict zombie spawns to night time and in and around buildings. I played this way, and actually prefer it. Would be nice to be given such options to run my own custom games without having to edit the files again.

5. Offer the server creator the option to allow for adjustment to encumbrance--either set globally or independently by players who want to choose their own level of difficulty. Same thing for inventory. I appreciate you guys are seeking to make the game a hardcore survival experience, but why not allow users to choose their preferred play-style?

Thank you for kindly considering my suggestions.

1. Offer the ability to choose PG vs. R rating in start menu. I don't need strippers in my games. Also, traders don't have to use filthy language for the game to be fun. However, to each his own, so please consider offering the ability to choose. I can alter the files again if I have to, but why not make it a feature?

That's pretty much impossible because murdering your former neighbors with a fireman's axe is in no way, shape or form "PG".

The only way to do that is to turn off zombies... and you already have that option.

Actually, I don't see it the way you do. I think there's a huge difference between killing zombies and the issues I mentioned. You won't even consider adding it in? I'm talking about limiting the gender stuff and the language specifically. And that's not impossible because I've done it in the files for my own servers. I'm not asking you to stop the zombies.

Actually, the way I play, my son and I go hunting during the day and hide from evade zombies typically, so I see nothing wrong what I'm doing. I'd just like you to consider giving people the option to limit that content specifically. Laugh all you want, at least I'm doing something with my kids.

I'm not asking you to stop the zombies.

"...I am just asking you to make them politically correct." :laugh:

Actually, the way I play, my son and I go hunting during the day and hide from evade zombies typically, so I see nothing wrong what I'm doing. I'd just like you to consider giving people the option to limit that content specifically. Laugh all you want, at least I'm doing something with my kids.

So you would like him to do his butchering and mutilating without giving him a wrong impression about ethical values? Sorry couldn't resist... please forgive me.

I cant see anything wrong with his request. I think its a valid request if he wants to play with his kids.

i mean zombies are nothing new to kids they are all over the place in tv or halloween, but naked strippers arent around that much...

The thing is i cant see TPF working on that because they got bigger things to to atm. As much as i dont like it to say but i think the only solution is, to mod it to ur likeing in this case. Maybe someone else already made a mod for this idk.

And wellcome to the Forum where ppl are as braindead as the zombies they like to kill:smile-new:

In general I find such a game mode interesting. Strictly speaking it's more realistic than the normal game because hardly anyone would come up with the idea of hunting zombies in a real zombie apocalypse. The majority of survivors would avoid them and try to hide in a safe area where we would try to build a new existence.

I doubt, however, that the developers will include such an option in the game. The best you can hope for would be a simplified integration of mods so that you can add a mod with a few clicks to make these adjustments.

I cant see anything wrong with his request. I think its a valid request if he wants to play with his kids.

i mean zombies are nothing new to kids they are all over the place in tv or halloween, but naked strippers arent around that much...

Double standart par excellence..... killing stuff, blood spraying around, guts laying everywhere, oh yeah, thats good for kids.

Pixel tits? Hell no, they can't see this, thats bad for them.

Sorry, but if you let a KID play this game and worry about tits, your priorities are waaaay off.

Double standart par excellence..... killing stuff, blood spraying around, guts laying everywhere, oh yeah, thats good for kids.

Sorry, but if you let a KID play this game and worry about tits, your priorities are waaaay off.

That you could disable or replace the zombie stripper would not only be interesting when it comes to children playing this game. Content creators have the problem that Youtube considers the content not suitable for advertising when a zombie stripper appears.

I appreciate you guys are seeking to make the game a hardcore survival experience, but why not allow users to choose their preferred play-style?

You say this as if they haven't allowed users to choose their preferred play-style...and it's sad that you think that.

A game is a work of art. The creators are artists who put in their work what reflects their vision.

There's nothing wrong with asking for options like the OP does, but it makes me think a lot about these movie posters where one erases cigarettes, or the Courbet painting (Do not click if you don't know "The origin of the world" and you think babies are born in flowers) that's censored on Facebook and other media. In France, we had recently the same issue with a old movie from Jacques Tati.

IMHO, censoring is always a bad thing. Just look away or don't let kids play with adult toys...

unicorns would be a great addition.

Infected unicorns, yes.

You might not agree with Scrooges preference for the game play, but that doesn't make it invalid.

While it's never bothered me, I'm not at all surprised some people would prefer the stripper not be in there, nor the language from some of the traders, despite the contradiction with the rest of the games violence.

Since TFP don't see it that way though, Scrooge will need to either mod it out himself/herself, or look for a mod that does the same thing.

Actually, I don't see it the way you do. I think there's a huge difference between killing zombies and the issues I mentioned. You won't even consider adding it in? I'm talking about limiting the gender stuff and the language specifically. And that's not impossible because I've done it in the files for my own servers. I'm not asking you to stop the zombies.

I wont get into a morality debate with you because you will lose, but regardless of what you are personally ok with asking for a Rated PG version and then asking for violence to be included is mind shatteringly confusing.

Ratings exist for a reason. In the world of game ratings a nipple and a head exploding are equally worthy of a Mature. Removing one and not the other does not ever make it PG, even if you think a nipple can cause more damage than a bullet.

Options are great. Do I care about this option personally? no But..

How backwards is OP's reasoning tho. Most children see tits not long after being born, its natural. But violence and gore is something that is considered more normal and ok? Imho It's something no child should become accustomed to seeing. At least until developing their mind and becoming a little less impressionable.

But its the norm of society, anything that has to do with sex or reproduction is taboo nowadays. If it has to do with killing and violence its a-ok.

A healthy appreciation for tits is a good thing imo. :) They are the givers of life. (rotting zombie tits, not so much) I see a problem with kids seeing stripper zombies too, but its because they are zombies getting their heads smashed, not because of their clothes. (or lack thereof)

#titsaregreat

#zombiestrippersarepeopletoo

*Dont take it too seriously, just reading this OP gave me a real o.O wtf moment*

Meh. I saw various extremely disturbing movies (Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Zombie Flesheaters etc) from the age of 12 and they did me no harm.

I am as normal as the next serial killer.

Thank god you didn't see Emmanuelle IV, that would really mess up your childhood, dodged a bullet there.

Wow....a whole bunch in this thread just HAVE to chime in about how someone is parenting and every decision they make as a parent is wrong...

@OP, You could probably handle the changes yourself with a little bit of legwork since TFP won't even give it the slightest consideration.

Take a loot at your xml files....whichever one zombies would be in (entities?), search "stripper," find how the zombies are separated and just delete all the lines pertaining to stripper. You might be able to make it use a different zombie model, but removing them completely is probably easier. Additionally, (I'm not sure at all which xml this would be in...quests maybe?) you can find the trader entries and probably copy trader hugh's voice in place of trader rekt.

As always, you'll want to back up your xmls, detail what changes you made so you can copy them later (each update TFP makes may revert your changes), and test them on a different new game.

Trader Rekt's voice pisses me off too, and I find myself scrambling to turn down the game volume whenever i run into that trader because of my kids in the same room.

So, i made the post...then came back and realized something upon rereading it....

This forum, which is ONLY for 7 days to die...censors bad language....which TFP then includes in their game with no options for SELF censorship...

How ironic is that?

Moderator note: In this case, there was more at issue than bad language. Insults lodged against other users, with or without swearing, are not allowed.

It's not that ironic when you consider that here we are dealing with live people.

People who have a tendency to go overboard with everything and we really don't need posts that ♥♥♥♥ all over all other ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ opinions or ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

It's not that ironic when you consider that here we are dealing with live people.

People who have a tendency to go overboard with everything and we really don't need posts that ♥♥♥♥ all over all other ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ opinions or ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

We don't need traders that do that either...

Archived