Xyth's DMT Bandits Mod

xyth

Bandits DMT Mod

Banditswhite.jpg.7f65cbb3b9571dab1164f54c2dcbca6f.jpg

Demo YouTube Video: Coming Soon....Maybe...

Description

A mod that introduces Bandits into the game. Some known issues exist. See known issues for details.

This mod adds 4 new bandits to the game.

AshBandit: A dual wielding older, fatter version of your favorite EvilDead character.

BanditEve: 4 foot tall, MP7 wielding gal, hard to hit but cute if you live long enough to get close.

BanditArcher: Babe with a bow. You can see her and what she can do in a picture below.

BanditBoss: A Starvation favorite. Heavy armor and a plasma rifle. Avoid unless your ready to dance.

They spawn wherever enemy animals spawn, and wander the game world. They will attack all enemies (Zombies, NPCs and dangerous animals), and will attack the player. They can be killed and may drop a loot container.

Each has a ranged weapon with xml configurable properties. These may need adjusting, but are set at various ranges and are pretty accurate. Change the ammo speed and/or the SpreadDegrees settings in xml to adjust. Some randomly shoot more than 1 projectile per shot, which is also adjustable. They are not over powered and are not tough kills except for the boss.

The archer will put arrows into the player. Those arrows can be removed by the player but you may need to change view sometimes especially if its stick into your butt. On dedi or MP, other players can remove them for you, but I have not tested that yet. It looks badass to leave them in though, especially if you get one to the knee. ba dum tss :drum:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27478[/ATTACH]

Spawning is handled by adding all 4 as a rare spawn to any "enemyanimal" spawn groups. Depending on your preferences, make them more or less rare, change where they spawn, and let me know what works well. You might want groups of bandits as wandering hordes as well.

The bandit class is vanilla code with a slight code fix for movement speed.

Installing

This mod is replaced by CreaturePack bandits.

Change Log

Version 1.8 : Folder rename for compatibility, patched insta-kill from zombie inflicted bleeding

Version 1.7 : Converted to faction based attacking, improved ranged targeting

Version 1.6 : Added ModInfo.xml to work around DMT bug and temp. removed BanditBoss from spawn due to NRE on his death

Version 1.55 : Dedi animation fix

Version 1.52 : Bleeding fix

Version 1.5 : A18 DMT version with refactored code

Version 1.11 : Removed zombie buffs from weapons

Version 1.10 : Converted Bandits to SDX class that improves movement, required Patch_Entity to fix death by bleeding bug

Version 1.00 : Initial release

Known Issues

Bandits are accurate aiming at players but less so on other entities. Need to look at TFP ranged collision code to see what changed since A17.

Some minor sliding in and out of firing animations might still remain. Not sure why A18 introduced this yet

Loot might sux on these as the vanilla loot containers keep changing so reusing vanilla containers for now.

Credits

A shout out to Mumpfy who edited the base mesh and retextured the Ash Bandit. SphereII for the bandit class edit.

Screenshot_90.jpg.fb0b18991a69d0bb54534facf343bcc7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So quick feed back that is probably not useful because my current play through has so many mods loaded. So i was driving around in Guppy's sdx pickup truck having a blast. (That pickup is amazing in the current broken rwg road system...) Until I encountered the first bandit. I noticed him a little distance in front of me, and decided to try and run him over.... As soon as i ran over him, my wife who was in the "passenger seat" told me that i was no longer in the truck. We drove this way for a while until the world stopped rendering and the truck started to sink into the world. So I backed up and tried going back from where I came from, but then started hitting invisible walls that where bouncing the truck backwards. Finally we were ambushed by 2 other bandits that killed us, took about 2/3rds of the trucks health. At that point I removed the sdx mods and went back to playing. I don't think there is any way of knowing what the caused the problems. This mod or the others who knows, I'll give this a try again in the future once you guys get a stable build to work off of. Thanks for the mod though, I'm sure this will bring more fun in the future.

Awesome! I have been wanting working bandits for A17! Love the Bow babe! <3

We drove this way for a while until the world stopped rendering and the truck started to sink into the world.

This has been happening to me on a dedicated vanilla server when I rode a minibike, so I am quite sure this has nothing to do with the mod.

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying out the bandits and they worked great except for one issue. If they get too close to a trader outpost, such as attacking the walls while you're inside it, I get a spam of NREs (I didn't fully test to see if the same issue occurs with wandering traders). I ran into the same issue when I made my own survivors and bandits. Through experimenting I found it only occurs if you set Class to EntityNPC, EntityPlayer, EntitySurvivor, or EntityBandit. When I tested setting Class to EntityAnimalStag or EntityEnemyAnimal I no longer had an issue with NREs. I'm wondering if the npc, survivor, and bandit classes got borked when the anims for the NpcUma models got removed and if new classes for bandits and survivors will need to be created to avoid the issue with NREs.

edit -- The wandering traders do not seem to have the NRE issue. Not sure what's different about them that they don't have the issue though it seems to possibly be that the traders have an NPCID.

Just a warning on these guys, I'd recommend changing how they spawn, as they are terrors until you get a good ranged weapon to fight them off. They should have their own spawn group that is controlled by gamestage rather than how I just added them to the animal spawners and left the map icon active. On the other hand, if you don't mind the added tension to the early game, it's fine as is.

Haha Ive added these & then added them to multiple areas via your orginal edit & they are Brutal lol.... BUT you can out whitt them or just run... The Boss is hard to drop but again with skill you can manage it.. This is what I have if ive done it right...

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'EnemyAnimals')]">

<entity name="AshBandit" prob="0.04" />

<entity name="BanditEve" prob="0.04" />

<entity name="BanditArcher" prob="0.04" />

<entity name="BanditBoss" prob="0.03" />

</append>

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'ZombiesWasteland')]">

</append>

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'EnemyAnimalsDesert')]">

</append>

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'ZombiesCave')]">

</append>

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'ZombiesBurntForest')]">

</append>

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'ZombiesHoard')]">

</append>

The bandits will attack zombies on sight so perhaps they should have their own entity horde group. Bandits and traders are persistent unlike zombies, they won't go away until killed (like players) so they may increase over time... not a bad dynamic but be careful about how many you spawn :-)

I have noticed the game jerks slightly when im near one.... so you sort of know ones near... Not sure if thats the mod, game or what.. Ive dropped the numbers down a bit on those that was just to see how many spawned.. I dont know how to put them in there own group, Havent messed with that xml much...

Can this be applied to the server.dll for dedicated....?

Never saw any stuttering when near the bandits. They can see at a range of 80, so not sure what close means in your case. Maybe disable the map icon and test.

Yes, you can add the bandits and traders to a dedi server build. In sdx, in settings, set your secondary build path to your dedi server game directory.

If they are just playing a SP game, they just need the client load. If you are playing on a dedi, the files need to be loaded on both the dedi and all clients. Otherwise there is no synchronization between clients.

Ok thanks for clarifying :) It wont allow me to compile directly to the server so cant make a dedicated version of the mods id have...

AnimationSDX

Xyth_Bandits

SphereII_XPBarRemoval

HalDllUpdates

I can do everything else to it via normal Modlets...

Archived