Guppycur's Modlets

Guppycur

Guppy Poll  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use my mods?

I installed the Vehicle Modlet Yesterday. Found some of the Cars. some of them or lootable like the Vanilla Cars, but some are just not interacable. I guess this may be the ones who would be drivable. They also seems so be not groundet ond more like they are flying over the Ground. is there something i can do ?

They hover? I have not experienced that.

Dont know they do not exacty standing on the Ground sems to be a bit above that.

But i can not interact with that vehicles. No Name showing, no interaction with E, No Damage taken when hitting them... The broken ones are normal on the Ground and can be lootet.

i exidently placed a "spawnvehicleguppymotorcycle2" out of the creative menü. now there ceep spawning motorcycles in front of my base ^^; can i remove it somehow?

*Edit*

I found out, that i just had to dig into the Ground and it destroyed it.

Now the last one spawned there isnt interactable too (it was already that way befor i deytroyed the spawner) ...

I Also found out when i piked up these Motorcycles they are just dissapear, not in inventory.

I have no other Mod then Dust2Deaths HDHQ Mod, Farmlife V2 with Farming Expansion 1.1 and Manux Vehicles installed the Vanilla and Manux vehicles are Pickupable and in inventory as normal... but yours and the HDHQ vehicles are dissapering when Pickup is that normal?

Hehe thats what i did without knowing it XD

i was already Panic about having Motorcycles spawning in Front of my Base till the end of Time ^^;

I Also got the Vehicles now that was not interactable, logging out next to it and log back in helpet ( had to try i few times)

We had a simular problem with the Manux Vehicles we craftet. Sometimes they got uninteracable when we leave them somewhere.

Maybe its a Bug in Vanilla Mechanic cause it seems to affect both Modlets, also there are Problems with Vanilla Vehicles too sometimes.

Iam lookig forward to use your Overhaul soon, but as i said dont know why but Server wont start with the Overhaul and iam not familar with SDX to find and solve my Problem. Maybe i try again on the Weekend.

But is that normal that they dissapear when Pick them Up and that you cant make them yours ?

Manux is the coder out of us vehicle guys and I think he mentioned it was an issue with vanilla, and I know we both do vehicles in different ways (he does his in Blender, I do mine entirely in Unity)j, so I'm inclined to agree.

I don't know about the ownership; I'll actually be releasing a patch for the overhaul mod that removes the "take" button entirely. =)

I'm finding that most people are just using the .unity3d files and coming up with their own xml's to include the vehicles how they want, I guess not every shares my vision. lol

The server dll is going to be different than the client dll, and will need to be compiled against the server. When using the SDX launcher, there is an option for game folder 1 (client) and game folder 2 (dedicated server); that should, assuming you have access to the dll files on your server, fix that right up.

Manux is the coder out of us vehicle guys and I think he mentioned it was an issue with vanilla, and I know we both do vehicles in different ways (he does his in Blender, I do mine entirely in Unity)j, so I'm inclined to agree.

I don't know about the ownership; I'll actually be releasing a patch for the overhaul mod that removes the "take" button entirely. =)

I'm finding that most people are just using the .unity3d files and coming up with their own xml's to include the vehicles how they want, I guess not every shares my vision. lol

The server dll is going to be different than the client dll, and will need to be compiled against the server. When using the SDX launcher, there is an option for game folder 1 (client) and game folder 2 (dedicated server); that should, assuming you have access to the dll files on your server, fix that right up.

The Problem is that iam absolutly have no clue about SDX.

I tried to install via Mod Launcher but that fales. Then i installed the last SDX but i didnt find out where theses options are and how to put wich Files and what do to with them and so on. i tried but i didnt get a clue :(

Can i just Change from Modlet to SDX (when i get it so work someday? ^^) ?

And will other Vehicle Modlets like Manux or the ones Form Dust2Deads HDHQ still work then couse they work with Vanilla mechanics?

Funny Thing is that the Vehicles changes Direction after leaving them behind for a while... its a bit spooky somehow XD

Yeh there's just no way I'm going to keep updating the modlet version as vanilla just doesn't support what I need, thankfully someone else is doing that; I plan on setting up another dedicated server soon, I'll record how I "compile" with SDX, maybe that'll help you.

Yeh there's just no way I'm going to keep updating the modlet version as vanilla just doesn't support what I need, thankfully someone else is doing that; I plan on setting up another dedicated server soon, I'll record how I "compile" with SDX, maybe that'll help you.

That would be so helpfull and nice :D vanilla really seems to be buggy as hell.... Vehicle disapear, or go uninteractable and so on. But still i think the modlet version has its goodies too. Cause you dont have to change the vanilla game if you dont want to (or you are not able to do it like me) and at least you still got more nice cars.

So the SDX version would be ok with Manux und Dust2Deaths Vehicles wich are using Vanilla mechanic?

And can i just Change from Modlet to SDX or do i need a new Game for that?

Vehicle Modlet Update

The Vehicles Modlet has now been brought up to date, the Modlet now mirrors the SDX version as closely as possible except it does not have the new vehicle spawning system used in SDX version.

See here for the SDX Overhaul Details

The Modlet version uses vanilla spawning which does have its issues as reported earlier in this thread ...... and thats why the whole project moved fully to SDX version, but for those that wanted the modlet version available with the updates here it is.

Known Issues with Modlet Version and Spawning.

1. Some vehicles spawn and are not interactable.

2. Some vehicles duplicate after driving away from the spawning block.

3. Some vehicles may be raised slightly above ground on spawn

4. Spawning vehicles from creative menu is not advised

5. Some vehicles will pickup but can disappear from inventory

More ....

Vehicles that are not interactable after spawning can be removed by destroying the blocks underneath again due to vanilla spawn issues.

DOWNLOAD HERE This link has slower download speed so it may take a while to download so please bear with it .

**** Please remove any previous versions of Guppy's Vehicles Modlet

you have installed and then start a new game ****

Enjoy !

Ragsy

The Vehicles Modlet has now been brought up to date, the Modlet now mirrors the SDX version as closely as possible except it does not have the new vehicle spawning system used in SDX version.

See here for the SDX Overhaul Details

The Modlet version uses vanilla spawning which does have its issues as reported earlier in this thread ...... and thats why the whole project moved fully to SDX version, but for those that wanted the modlet version available with the updates here it is.

Known Issues with Modlet Version and Spawning.

1. Some vehicles spawn and are not interactable.

2. Some vehicles duplicate after driving away from the spawning block.

3. Some vehicles may be raised slightly above ground on spawn

4. Spawning vehicles from creative menu is not advised

5. Some vehicles will pickup but can disappear from inventory

More ....

Vehicles that are not interactable after spawning can be removed by destroying the blocks underneath again due to vanilla spawn issues.

DOWNLOAD HERE This link has slower download speed so it may take a while to download so please bear with it .

**** Please remove any previous versions of Guppy's Vehicles Modlet

you have installed and then start a new game ****

Enjoy !

Ragsy

Nice Ragsy! Thank you so much :)

As for the Issues as far as my experience goes with the previous Version.

1. For me it helped to log out next to the Vehicle and login again, they goes interacable after that. Sometimes it takes 2-3 times but in the end it works.

2. In my Case everytime i remove a Vehicle from its spawnpoint it does respawn right away again and again but thats okay i geuess just leave it there or destroy the spawnpoint by digging it out :)

3. sometimes yes but just a little bit not really matter visually.

4. I did it one time exidently but i could removed it with digging the Floor, it goes visible then, falls down and get destroyed.

(If you place on it goes invsible and sink into the Ground one Block)

5. I lost every Vehicle i picked up until now and cause of that you cant make it yours so its visible on the Map.

Seems as most issues are from Vanilla and not the Modlet itself.

But still the Vehicles are Nice to have :D

Thank you both. <3

ps: is it absolut nessesary to make a new game or just more secure ?

Dear Guppycur,

I finally made it to install th Overhault Vehicle Mod on my Dedi XD

I was using the wrong Version of the SDX Launcher... My was 0.7.1 und now i got 0.7.4. The 7.1 Version didnt had the second Path in its settings, thas what confused me earlyer....

So this is how i did it now.

- Install Fresh Copys of Game and Dedicated Server

- Add Mods directory to both in Main Directory

- Install 7D2D Mod Launcher

- Install SDX 0.7.4

- Download Guppycurs Vehicle Madness with 7D2D Mod Launcher into Game Mods Folder

- Copy the Downloadet Mod into SDXs Mod Folder

- in SDX Settings First Path the Game Directory (wich already was there automaticly)

- in SDX Settings Second Path Chose the Directory where the Dedi is

- Refresh SDX so that the Mod is showing up

- Klick on Build button

- Now the Vecicle Mod was copyed into the Dedi Mods Folder

- Addet my Modlets into the Dedi and Game Mods Folder (HDHQ, Guppycurs Misc Blocks and Placabel Light, Farm Life v2, Farming Expension, ACP Fishing A17, Manux Costum Vehicles)

- Made my Settings in the Server Config File

- Server starts with no Errors and everything seems to be fine.

I cant tell if there will be some conflicts with the modlets later but doest seems so.

was is right that way?

i also keep the Modlet Version for the existing Server.

Was it the right way? I dunno. =) If it works, then yes! If not, then um, let's uh, blame uh, Ragsy. =)

...yeh it looks like the correct method, and I've used Dust's/Manux's vehicles on my server as well as a bunch of other mods, so there shouldn't be any conflict unless they changed something since from say, 6mos ago or so.

There are only a few of us that mess with vehicles, so at least THAT file should be fine, also check out bdubya's (spelling?) mod, I think he's up to 4 or 5 vehicles now.

Only thing is, NONE of the other vehicle mods are set to spawn like mine, they're all recipe driven, so there will be some inconsistencies in /how/ you get vehicles, but that's no big deal.

Was it the right way? I dunno. =) If it works, then yes! If not, then um, let's uh, blame uh, Ragsy. =)

...yeh it looks like the correct method, and I've used Dust's/Manux's vehicles on my server as well as a bunch of other mods, so there shouldn't be any conflict unless they changed something since from say, 6mos ago or so.

There are only a few of us that mess with vehicles, so at least THAT file should be fine, also check out bdubya's (spelling?) mod, I think he's up to 4 or 5 vehicles now.

Only thing is, NONE of the other vehicle mods are set to spawn like mine, they're all recipe driven, so there will be some inconsistencies in /how/ you get vehicles, but that's no big deal.

I Will report if something is wrong and blame Ragsy then ;) will test this evening.

I dont know wich mod you are talking about.. cant find anything under this Name :/ Maybe you know the name of the Modlet ?

*EDIT* ok found ist you mean : bdubyah's modlets

Um.. talking about Vehicles... mhhh .. Can you make me a Horse please? XD

I Will report if something is wrong and blame Ragsy then ;) will test this evening.

I dont know wich mod you are talking about.. cant find anything under this Name :/ Maybe you know the name of the Modlet ?

*EDIT* ok found ist you mean : bdubyah's modlets

Um.. talking about Vehicles... mhhh .. Can you make me a Horse please? XD

Yeh sure; downgrade to 16.4 and install Medieval Mod. =)

(really, you should... it's a great mod imo and it has horses)

I dont want to down grade or go medival... I just wanna have a horse in this post apocalyptic world :D (maybe i have seen to much of Walking Dead ^^;)

Shouldnt it be simular to an Car somehow? We could make a zombie Horse and Craft it from rotten Meat, Leather, Bones, Fat ... XD Fuel could be Fresh Meat or something like that XD i Living Horse could be craftet from Farm Stuff (Like in the Farming Modlets) and use Animal Food für Fuel.

The sheer amount of work and skill involved in getting a horse into the game is far, far beyond my meager means, so I'm afraid horses won't be a thing in 17 unless TormentedEmu decides she wants to update her a16 code.

I'm only capable of fiddling with what tfp gives us, beyond that I'm helpless. :)

The sheer amount of work and skill involved in getting a horse into the game is far, far beyond my meager means, so I'm afraid horses won't be a thing in 17 unless TormentedEmu decides she wants to update her a16 code.

I'm only capable of fiddling with what tfp gives us, beyond that I'm helpless. :)

Oh Okay...

I tought it would be like a Vehicle just with Horse Model, other Sound and Recipes... that simple ^^;

Yeh check out telrics pokeman vehicles to get an idea of how it would look in game.

Good for pokemans bad for horses. :)

But still great fun...

At any rate, telric is doing airplanes and choppers so you may want to check him out anyway.

Heya Guppy, really love the idea of the random get up time on the Zombies. I'm just curious if you would know how to give the random values a weight? Or if it would be possible to have a few set times that have weighted options. For example. 80% of the time, they get up after 0.5 seconds. 15% of the time 2 seconds. 5% of the time 10 seconds.

I'm happy to make the changes within the xml file myself, I just don't know how one would do that or if its even possible.

Archived