Guppycur's Modlets

Guppycur

Guppy Poll  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use my mods?

Hi

Thanks for many cool modlets.

Im having one big issue with Shopping Go Karts. If i log or crash when sitting on the Shopping Go Karts, when I come back in Im stuck and nothing happens no matter what I do. Not even esc is working, or F1. Anyone else experience this, and is it anyway to fix it?

@Guppycur

There is some missing icons, localization for several of your modelsts, and other small things missing here and there. Do you have any plans to "complete" your modlet, or is that something I have to do myself?

Hi

Thanks for many cool modlets.

Im having one big issue with Shopping Go Karts. If i log or crash when sitting on the Shopping Go Karts, when I come back in Im stuck and nothing happens no matter what I do. Not even esc is working, or F1. Anyone else experience this, and is it anyway to fix it?

@Guppycur

There is some missing icons, localization for several of your modelsts, and other small things missing here and there. Do you have any plans to "complete" your modlet, or is that something I have to do myself?

The latest Vehicle Modlet is a copy of the SDX version and yes there are some icons missing they are missing also from the SDX version which is still a 'work in progress'. If the SDX version gets icon updates and localisations I will again update the Vehicles modlet to follow suit.

The shopping carts have been added to the vehicles modlet also as they are in the SDX version. If you are running the standalone shopping cart modlet along with the Vehicle modlet there may be conflicts.

Assuming here that you are running the latest vehicle modlet ? and assuming you are talking about the vehicles modlet also ?

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

The latest Vehicle Modlet is a copy of the SDX version and yes there are some icons missing they are missing also from the SDX version which is still a 'work in progress'. If the SDX version gets icon updates and localisations I will again update the Vehicles modlet to follow suit.

The shopping carts have been added to the vehicles modlet also as they are in the SDX version. If you are running the standalone shopping cart modlet along with the Vehicle modlet there may be conflicts.

Assuming here that you are running the latest vehicle modlet ? and assuming you are talking about the vehicles modlet also ?

Sry for being unclear. Im using only the standalone Shopping Go Karts modlet at the moment. Have not take the step to SDX yet.

Ok I did not know that, thanks for the information. I got the icon right, it was just used wrong icon in items.xml.

The issue with stuck on Shopping Cart after login in is not possible to reproduce after I started a new map, so sry about that, it was probably my fault.

Vehicles are so weird, even in vanilla, they probably shouldn't be modded in yet because it's hard to trace what's a vanilla issue vs a mod issue, so unfortunately I don't have any real help for you.

Icons and whatnot should be in when I finish, so now I just need to finish. :)

Vehicles are so weird, even in vanilla, they probably shouldn't be modded in yet because it's hard to trace what's a vanilla issue vs a mod issue, so unfortunately I don't have any real help for you.

Icons and whatnot should be in when I finish, so now I just need to finish. :)

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

About the auto workbenck, look really cool by the way, is SDK needed for it work, or can it be used in the modlet version also?

I can't recall if I made recipes for the modlet version, but literally, so far the ONLY thing that requires sdx is the spawner, so in theory one could convert the sdx mod over to modlet version except the spawner.

Ragsy did a conversion, but I'm not sure how far he took it.

Yeh aesthetically it needs to be bigger but I didn't want it taking up too much space.

I can't recall if I made recipes for the modlet version, but literally, so far the ONLY thing that requires sdx is the spawner, so in theory one could convert the sdx mod over to modlet version except the spawner.

Yeh aesthetically it needs to be bigger but I didn't want it taking up too much space.

Ok thats good news, I will try to make it work then, if no one else have done it and like to give me the files?

The Modlet conversion that I updated has everything in it apart from the 'SDX Mortspawner' for car spawning , the modlet version uses the original entity spawner which is less than perfect.

So if Guppy adds new vehicles /blocks or recipes and icons and so forth I will endeavour to keep it up to date , if people really like the vehicle madness modlet then at some point hopefully this modlet will encourage more people to make the transition to the SDX version.

Ragsy !

The Modlet conversion that I updated has everything in it apart from the 'SDX Mortspawner' for car spawning , the modlet version uses the original entity spawner which is less than perfect.

So if Guppy adds new vehicles /blocks or recipes and icons and so forth I will endeavour to keep it up to date , if people really like the vehicle madness modlet then at some point hopefully this modlet will encourage more people to make the transition to the SDX version.

Ragsy !

Thanks for the explanation. You say the car entity spawner in modlet is worse that the SDX spawner. Will you care to elaborate a little for a noob like me?

Thanks for the explanation. You say the car entity spawner in modlet is worse that the SDX spawner. Will you care to elaborate a little for a noob like me?

Using vanilla spawning in the modlet version can produce strange results, thats the whole reason Guppy moved fully to the SDX version to make a more sophisticated and reliable spawning system More Info on Modlet Spawning issues here Hope this helps clarify why the whole project moved to SDX for Vehicles.

Yeh there's just no way I'm going to keep updating the modlet version as vanilla just doesn't support what I need, thankfully someone else is doing that; I plan on setting up another dedicated server soon, I'll record how I "compile" with SDX, maybe that'll help you.

Using vanilla spawning in the modlet version can produce strange results, thats the whole reason Guppy moved fully to the SDX version to make a more sophisticated and reliable spawning system More Info on Modlet Spawning issues here Hope this helps clarify why the whole project moved to SDX for Vehicles.

Ok thanks

The short of it is, infinite spawns. Cars flying into the air as the space beneath then becomes another car.

Hysterical to watch, not so much to play.

Ok, good to know. I will not use that to spawn anything then

Yeh you could just make every car have a recipe, like vanilla does, and just use my .unity3d files, vehicles.xml and entityclasses.xml to have access to the cars, but the original goal of the mod was to find working cars in the world, which required the spawns.

Yeh you could just make every car have a recipe, like vanilla does, and just use my .unity3d files, vehicles.xml and entityclasses.xml to have access to the cars, but the original goal of the mod was to find working cars in the world, which required the spawns.

I did that Yesterday, cause i wanted the vecihles to be pickupable and shown on the Map.

sady two times we lost the vehicles we found when game crashes or disconnectet from server while driving.

But we only craft that ones we found and got home, like we got the recipe from them.

I also made the recipes for them very expensiv to craft.

That way we didnt hurt your goal. ;)

Telric beat me to it, if you count pokemans. :)

Nope, I meant really riding on the back of zombies lol but that can wait, I'm more interested in your vehicles mod, because I was looking for a mod that would do exactly what you wanted - to be able to find a working car randomly in the world! Does it work in Navezgane?

Yeh it works fine in nav since it's just adding a spawn block to road debris. Only issue in nav is that a lot of the vehicles in there are "placed" not random, so you'll see a much higher percentage of vanilla block vehicles than you would in Rwg.

Yeh it works fine in nav since it's just adding a spawn block to road debris. Only issue in nav is that a lot of the vehicles in there are "placed" not random, so you'll see a much higher percentage of vanilla block vehicles than you would in Rwg.

I wouldn't really mind RGW, but I hate to wait for it to generate only to find out it's not exactly what I expected lol

Well, I guess I will try Navezgane first and maybe I will look for some nice seeds for RGW.

Hope this is not a double post

Any chance that you are working on Book2 for Medieval Overhaul? Just found Book1 and loaded beta 16.4 to try it. After 4928 hours of 7dtd it is new again :)

Actually the graphics and game play are better than the original in a lot of ways. Great work.

Edited by Quicksilver (see edit history)