Alpha 18 Wishlist

darkrage

Random ideas I had that I personally think would be neat. Everyone else seems to shout about what they would like to see so heres my input

Looks like you never checked the mod section, lots of those things are available (or were until A17 broke a lot of mods). So basicly you're posting in the wrong forum ;)

Looks like you never checked the mod section, lots of those things are available (or were until A17 broke a lot of mods). So basicly you're posting in the wrong forum ;)

I am aware of the mods. I meant as vanilla inclusions. A lot of the mods have neat features but then also have features I would consider cumbersome to actually play. It would be nice to have some of these options as optional vanilla content

Hello

After some building renovation jobs in our house,

i wish the opportunity to start the Game

without to have Steam running.

If there is a breakup of the internet connection

while Steam is running, 7 Days would start and ask

to play offline. But if the internet connection is

offline before Steam is running, there is not way

to start the Game.

So a real offline mode without Steam

would be great.

Thx and Greets

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I wish you could set the zombie intelligence or the pathfinding of the zombies differently.

It may be that many find it good that the zombies are more intelligent now, but I find them too intelligent now, at least for the pathfinder.

In my opinion, a ZOMBIE should have some stupidity. If a zombie is too intelligent, it's no longer a zombie for me.

And the wayfinding I find just too hard.

I understand it, if some of the zombies before found too stupid.

But now I find her too intelligent.

But to make it right for everyone, you could make it optional. Or adjustable in different stages.

Oh, I forgot, if you could fish that would be cool.

And spears I would also cool, to sting and throw.

RWG - Suggestions

Large BIOME Generation: I would love to see LARGE Burnt Forest, Deserts, Forest, Wasteland, Snow, City - Metropolis areas. I know Most people would agree that having these Small or even Micro BIOME just look ugly and often make striped or long scares of random ground in the world; many of us would like large BIOME for building

Metropolis: While I like having Towns and Villages, I would really love to see a MAJOR City area. I do not expect it to look like a modern city planning with Low/High Population Livings areas or Industrial and Commercial districts but something that is equal to 3 or 4 cities from the normal RWG would be a welcome option.

It would be nicer if you can loot zombies again. Besides, it's so bad the zombies drop so little loot.

It would also be nice if you could set the spawn rate of the zombies even more differentiated. Spawn many or few zombies. Also, in some buildings exaggeratedly many zombies.

I would also like a better translation into German.

We have many fans here.

Then more different weapons and outfits would be cool.

And a better character creation system.

That the stamina and the life energy completely sinks if you do not eat or drink, should also be optional on and off.

The best thing about the game is that you can set as many options as you like. You should keep that in any case.

Maybe you can also introduce Optional, that you can set, that zombies can not break stones and concrete.

And it would be nice if you had an optional end.

For example, you can specify that you will be saved after some time. Or that you have to activate a station, and then there is somewhere a rescue zone. If you are there, you can fly out with a helicopter. If you do not want to, you just keep playing, you do not have to go there.

Then you have a point to work towards.

Anyone knows crossout ? A Game with the best system to build vehicles..

cars..trucks..buggies..mad max style..

that on this Game.will turn 7 days in the ultimate sandbox Game.

My dream are comunities with npcs players and bandits.. .. figthing for resourses and territory. Using this custom Cars.

I think.. more options to add things in vehicles would be good. Machineguns and armor at least

request.1 let us connect more panels/gen/battery banks to one relay...

request.2 a electric motor

request.3 this could be a mod but.. a heating coil, to run the forge/campfire/chem station for electricity

request.4 let us use item (see pic) to connect wire to like a telephone pole

request.5 give us a 1x1 solar bank

me

26231953_10215244036914470_8476896466888204717_o.thumb.jpg.5d380068c30e6d94804d3f019ff0c689.jpg

Random ideas I had that I personally think would be neat. Everyone else seems to shout about what they would like to see so heres my input

-Overall game suggestions-

-More randomness to POI zombie spawns. At the minute its a bit of a rinse wash repeat with each room. Especially when you start the game. Trying to fight off 10 zombies in a small 1 bedroom house with nothing but a stone axe and some plant matter to hide your shame is a pain

-New alarm system that can trigger hordes and nearby zombies. For example, burglar alarms, car alarms, fire alarms etc etc

-Better designed bigger cities with buildings closer together. Imagine this idea and the above idea working together. You are walking through this gigantic city and suddenly you set off a car alarm and then zombies pour out of every building

-Variation in wandering horde sizes. One moment 5 zombies another time 30

-New zones-

-Explorable cave and mine systems that start and end in different places with extensive tunnels and chambers to explore

-Research base POI with more zombies than usual and tougher boss zombies, hinted perhaps to be the central point for the start of the zombie epidemic

-Airport POI with planes, runway etc. I would love to explore a gigantic airport and loot the baggage etc etc

-Military safe zones. Where humans hid once the infected took over. Contains underground bunkers, filled with loot, lots of zombies etc

-Fishing-

-Fishing Rods

-Reels

-Line

-Bait

-Perks

-New modes of transport / getting around-

-Skateboard (Must...gun + skateboard...)

-Zip line

-Boats maybe….maybe not…

-Rocket Skates (Rollerblades with rockets attached)

-New weapons-

-Base mounted, player operated, Gatling type gun

-Katana…

-Throwing Knives

-Boomerang

-Grenades (Normal and frag) For example frag could be something like Gasoline + Nails + Empty Jar + Fuse

-Pitchfork

-Riot Shield, can deflect SOME damage and knock zombies back a little

-Human Decoy..scarecrow type deal with some electrical parts that is thrown out and waddles around making noise distracting the zombies for a few seconds before exploding doing a small amount of damage

-New drugs-

-Methylphenidate : Amphetamine type substance that increases awareness and aids in stamina regeneration

-Opiates : Reduce kickback, calming effect etc

-New enemies-

-The Hunker : Twice the size of the police officers, severely muscular, increased damage, a hard to kill tank

-The Nipper : Small, thin, twice as fast as a feral, lower health, able to jump much much higher and much further than normal

-The Exploder : Fat, runs up to you, glows and shakes and then explodes and acid showers over you as well as damaging nearby blocks

……idk just harder boss types besides the green glowing variations of the normal zombies

To so many of those things, one question: "Why? How would that make game any bettter?"

The idea with car alarms in city sounds nice, getting jumped on like in Left 4 Dead. It would add fun and risk.

Caves used to be there, if i remember correctly?

Research facility is already in game and it is kinda tough. "Boss zombies" don't make much sense to me. After all, this is not Devil May Cry.

Airport sounds pretty neat! Though, might be hard to generate in random world.

Bunkers and military bases are also, in the game.

Fishing is something we ask for for so long time. Would be nice.

Zip lines were promised, boats WILL be NEEDED. Skateboard seems pretty pointless. And rocket skaters? What the hell?

Base mounted weapons sound cool, but Joel already said that it would be hard to make on current engine and it is not fitting into the game.

Katana? Weeb much, mate? How would even katana get there?

Throwing knife - Spears incoming.

Boomerang - Sounds pretty fun, at least if it would work like in How to Survive.

Grenades do sound nice, but i think Pipes are meant to be salvage substitute for grenades.

Pitchfork isn't that practical tho. And, spears incoming.

RIOT shield would be nice, but probably hard to balance between being completely useless / too OP.

Human decoy - Did you know that zombies follow the sound of missed arrows?

Behemoth zombie was promised, so we will see.

You can't really outrun feral nor dogs by now.

So you mean police officer after you damage him?

-Overall game suggestions-

-More randomness to POI zombie spawns. At the minute its a bit of a rinse wash repeat with each room. Especially when you start the game. Trying to fight off 10 zombies in a small 1 bedroom house with nothing but a stone axe and some plant matter to hide your shame is a pain

-New alarm system that can trigger hordes and nearby zombies. For example, burglar alarms, car alarms, fire alarms etc etc

-Better designed bigger cities with buildings closer together. Imagine this idea and the above idea working together. You are walking through this gigantic city and suddenly you set off a car alarm and then zombies pour out of every building

-Variation in wandering horde sizes. One moment 5 zombies another time 30

-New zones-

-Explorable cave and mine systems that start and end in different places with extensive tunnels and chambers to explore

-Research base POI with more zombies than usual and tougher boss zombies, hinted perhaps to be the central point for the start of the zombie epidemic

-Airport POI with planes, runway etc. I would love to explore a gigantic airport and loot the baggage etc etc

-Military safe zones. Where humans hid once the infected took over. Contains underground bunkers, filled with loot, lots of zombies etc

-Fishing-

-Fishing Rods

-Reels

-Line

-Bait

-Perks

-New modes of transport / getting around-

-Skateboard (Must...gun + skateboard...)

-Zip line

-Boats maybe….maybe not…

-Rocket Skates (Rollerblades with rockets attached)

-New weapons-

-Base mounted, player operated, Gatling type gun

-Katana…

-Throwing Knives

-Boomerang

-Grenades (Normal and frag) For example frag could be something like Gasoline + Nails + Empty Jar + Fuse

-Pitchfork

-Riot Shield, can deflect SOME damage and knock zombies back a little

-Human Decoy..scarecrow type deal with some electrical parts that is thrown out and waddles around making noise distracting the zombies for a few seconds before exploding doing a small amount of damage

-New drugs-

-Methylphenidate : Amphetamine type substance that increases awareness and aids in stamina regeneration

-Opiates : Reduce kickback, calming effect etc

-New enemies-

-The Hunker : Twice the size of the police officers, severely muscular, increased damage, a hard to kill tank

-The Nipper : Small, thin, twice as fast as a feral, lower health, able to jump much much higher and much further than normal

-The Exploder : Fat, runs up to you, glows and shakes and then explodes and acid showers over you as well as damaging nearby blocks

……idk just harder boss types besides the green glowing variations of the normal zombies

I copied and pasted your post to a different thread..please read the entire thread and if you want me to delete it I will. I'm sure the moderators will also check if it complies with the forum rules. I did give you credit for it.

• 5 weeks later...

Get points for any zombie kills, example; why bother having Turrets if you don't get points for the deaths. Points would only work if kill is in claim block area (Except vehicle kills should happen anywhere). I miss the version 16 dead zombie body chopping and looting for mostly every zombie. Rocket deaths count as kills during horde night for you and allies.

So I'm guessing this is now more a general wishlist for future features to add to the game now, not just for a18, right?

I'm definitely gonna repeat some stuff already mentioned by other users here, but we'll put it down to just me agreeing with those suggestions. Anyway, here's my list;

- More zombie variety. Seeing the exact same zombies over and over is boring. And/or maybe have different skins for each of the existing zombies at least so it's not the exact same looking zombies every time.

- More general hostile mob variety beyond zombies. It's just wolves and bears, that's it. Let's add some other apocalypse scenario related threats.

- As an extension of that, more flying mobs so it's not just the *yay*ing vultures.

- Boats. Manually powered rowing boats. Slow sailing boats. Fuel guzzling motor boats of various shapes and sizes and uses.

- A good reason to use boats, in other words, hostile swimming mobs like zombie piranhas and sharks!

- I like the idea of fishing as a new source of food and xp. Can pair well with boats.

- Some kind of implimentation of rail travel. Obviously something more realistic and complex than a Minecraft minecart & track.

- An off-hand equip slot so you can dual-weild weapons or hold something else in your off hand while you attack with your main hand weapon. Such as...

- Sheilds to block zombie attacks with. Can we also make it possible to bash the zombies with the sheilds somehow?

- More weapon variety. Spears, swords, proper assault rifles and machine guns, to name but a few ideas.

- Some kind of working plumbing systems to pump water from a natural water source to your base if you haven't built near water for whatever reason.

- Someone's suggestion of an airport POI reminded me of an interesting endgame idea I have...you can work to build an airstrip and then build some electronics send out a signal for the airdrop plane to land there to leave a greater amount of supplies, which can in general be better supplies than normal airdrops as well, and not only that but possibly you can BOARD THE PLANE for a "you survived and escaped" victory condition!!

My final two suggestions are removed features I want un-removed

- Log Spikes. I *yay*ing loved using log spikes to defend my base. They were apparently removed because players were exploiting them somehow? Well then fix the exploits, don't remove the thing!!

- Dead zed body looting. I do not like the bag popping out of the body thing. At all. Looting the bodies and mostly discovering nothing was part of the fun!

FOOD - I would like better food menus, different types of meat of different animals, more "tinned" options like salmon and chilli has now, theres plenty of options to think up, more growing food types

ANIMATION FIXES -please fix the wobbly heads!, please make the spider actually look like its jumping, with proper movement (legs straightning)

STOPPING PLAYER MID ANIMATIONS - when reloading or taking medication, be able to stop when you need to select a gun/reload quickly

Please make it possible to change the Activation Label and Tooltip font to AgencyB to allow Japanese Kanji to be displayed without having to use a SDX mod.

It would make it so much easier for me to write and distribute Japanese localization for 7 Days to Die players in Japan.

Archived