Very bad Random Gen

custom_hero

folks what dou you think about that the RGW has become 5.5 times smaller

Are you treating a experimental build like its a stable build? Unless,. You do know this is experimental? and not the final product right?

You do understand there are other pressing issues in the experimental build atm that need more attention, then ppl need a 16k world right?

Things that have been made clear by the devs:

16k is temporarily disabled until they improve it

RWG will be at it's former glory under the new system

...so, why is this thread still busy?

Probably still busy because people are interested in knowing if the Stable version of A17 will be anywhere near the Glory of RWG in A16 or if we will have to wait another year, or more.

My concern is NOT experimental... My concern is going stable in a few weeks doesn't give this fix a good chance of happening. Hell I'd rather a longer experimental to get this worked out.

Probably still busy because people are interested in knowing if the Stable version of A17 will be anywhere near the Glory of RWG in A16 or if we will have to wait another year, or more.

My concern is NOT experimental... My concern is going stable in a few weeks doesn't give this fix a good chance of happening. Hell I'd rather a longer experimental to get this worked out.

Such is the life of an EA. I doubt the fixes will be in experimental, but I do believe they will be in a .x, so 17.1? 17.2? Something like that.

I personally would love to see a sample of what Tin was able to do - I keep seeing Guppycur reference to it. I personally love Tin's work and he has helped me personally a couple times on some issues and DEEPLY respect Gupps and Tin - Yes I see both sides but as it has been said over and over and everyone just doesn't seem to GET that its experimental...

When I installed and started testing this, I KNEW from the start that there was going to be issues because again it's EXPERIMENTAL... Or maybe someone should just spell it out. I don't not see the argument here still. IT IS NOT STABLE PERIOD.

TFP already stated several times big changes. Some good some bad but at the end of the day, it's their game, their vision. I'm just happy we are able to mod it all and with relative ease at that. They have also posted in this forum post that they are addressing the issue. We have all read that. So why is this still even a debate/discussion???

I wouldn't want the skyscrapers in atm. Not until they get the poi placements down.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/448294616370774056/517411653294358558/A17.0_2018-11-28_13-46-23.jpg

took over 5 mins just for it to get stable enough, so my fps came back :D

A17.0_2018-11-26_20-50-36.jpg

A17.0_2018-11-26_20-47-10.jpg?width=1174&height=636

See post #154

I am pretty sure there will be multiple Stable releases just like A16 had maybe even more since it's a huge change. Either way I am still happy regardless only for the simple fact its still being worked. Look how many releases with experimental have come out in the last few days. It's clear things are being addressed, yes some faster than others. As an I.T. and Programming Professional by trade - I know personally how development goes. Not many Devs or companies for that matter when it comes to games even allow then end players to have access like we have. That's typically kept in-house or thru a trusted 3rd Party.

We can all rant and rave or whatever - doesn't change the fact that this is still going to change and other changes will be made and this is NOT stable yet AND it's being addressed.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't want the skyscrapers in atm. Not until they get the poi placements down.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/448294616370774056/517411653294358558/A17.0_2018-11-28_13-46-23.jpg

took over 5 mins just for it to get stable enough, so my fps came back :D

A17.0_2018-11-26_20-50-36.jpg

A17.0_2018-11-26_20-47-10.jpg?width=1174&height=636

Oh Snap Tin, see now that's what I am talking about! Proof of concept right there. Can't wait to see when you get this totally done like the past ones you have done.

@Tin

are you placing the prefabs manually or are you configuring the RWG xml files to generate the structures?

also, water....is there something specific that needs be done to get them in certain areas? is it elevation based?

@Tin

are you placing the prefabs manually or are you configuring the RWG xml files to generate the structures?

also, water....is there something specific that needs be done to get them in certain areas? is it elevation based?

You need to add the skyscraper group to other zones, in my case I added them to the industrial prefab list.

Then you need to open your prefab folder and find the skyscrapers.xml files.

then look for:

<property name="Zoning" value="downtown" />

and change it to:

<property name="Zoning" value="Commercial,downtown,industrial" />

In this case I also added the commercial zone to test it out.

For the water you can actually do this pretty simple:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94809-RWG-Question-A17-Experimental&p=879232&viewfull=1#post879232

won't be exactly like in the pic but it'll give you bigger water area...along with increasing the mountains.

One thing I DO LOVE about this new RWG is the fact we can Edit or Change or Add NEW Roads, ANNNNND PREFABS DIRECTLY!!! Do you not know how HUGE that is? To me this was what I have been waiting for. I cannot express that enough. I don't know how many hours I spent manually going around adding prefabs where I wanted them on my server and then PRAYING that something didn't go wrong with that region or save.

That alone is a HUGE WIN in my book.

Show that killer one with the river between the mountains!

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I DO LOVE about this new RWG is the fact we can Edit or Change or Add NEW Roads, ANNNNND PREFABS DIRECTLY!!! Do you not know how HUGE that is? To me this was what I have been waiting for. I cannot express that enough. I don't know how many hours I spent manually going around adding prefabs where I wanted them on my server and then PRAYING that something didn't go wrong with that region or save.

That alone is a HUGE WIN in my book.

And spawn points. =)

Mix the two, and you can do all sorts of cool stuff for servers.

One thing I DO LOVE about this new RWG is the fact we can Edit or Change or Add NEW Roads, ANNNNND PREFABS DIRECTLY!!!

I think you and some others here are confusing Random Gen with world editing.

Placing a prefab is not random gen

Painting a biome map is not random gen

changing a road is not random gen

Editing a height map is not random gen

I'm In no way arguing these new world editor tools aren't good. What im saying is their RANDOMLY GENERATED WORLDS … suck.

The RANDOMLY GENERATED WORLDS... are using a new system that allows us to do those things, and, the new system is literally version 1. It will improve. Trust in the Gup.

Do you need a randomly generated world in the first place if you just going to hand make everything? You could start with Navezgane for all it matters?

Show that killer one with the river between the mountains!

- - - Updated - - -

And spawn points. =)

Mix the two, and you can do all sorts of cool stuff for servers.

these are a wip since I've changed some stuff..

A17.0_2018-11-28_15-25-20.jpg

A17.0_2018-11-28_15-26-41.jpg

second pic I need to do a bit more adjustments but it'll get there ;)

Oh! and this is all from randomly generated terrain ;)

Do you need a randomly generated world in the first place if you just going to hand make everything? You could start with Navezgane for all it matters?

Sure; adjust the mixer to make it more or less like I want it (hilly, flat, lotsa water, not so much, etc), then add the finishing touches for the finale.

It's a combo deal, and I can pinky promise you, you'll be eating your beard after you see the end products. =)

- - - Updated - - -

That's the one Tin! =)

Sure; adjust the mixer to make it more or less like I want it (hilly, flat, lotsa water, not so much, etc), then add the finishing touches for the finale.

It's a combo deal, and I can pinky promise you, you'll be eating your beard after you see the end products. =)

- - - Updated - - -

That's the one Tin! =)

I'll eat my armpit hair if A17 stable has RWG nearly as good as A16.

Hills / mountains/ Water / Big Cities with skyscrapers --- and a bigger map than a breadbox

randomized biomes...

Archived