Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

I am getting errors from time to time when importing. Command was similarly, 'bbb ip aft_arena01(5) -2894 39 -7332 1' The prefab is 76 X 22 [attachment=1744:name] For the record, I edited it with zombie.exe I then put together the entire arena and I recorded the import of it here: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7UwnS294M&t=2s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7UwnS294M&t=2s[/URL] Here is a link to the prefab I built. [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10io9u5c55pulj/AACFPMvULbiFFWYDd9qbclw9a?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10io9u5c55pulj/AACFPMvULbiFFWYDd9qbclw9a?dl=0[/URL] On a side note, I have no idea how to turn on the lights in it. I have more experience with Hal's editor when it came to this.

Yeh watching your video, I've no clue; I know it used to be a thing where you'd have to teleport away from the chunk and back for the prefab to show, but I never actually ran into that error. But I do know that there are other options, depending on your access to the server... my preference is the BadCo API mod, which imports just fine.

I saw the same error when trying to do large areas with SetBlocksRPC. I suspect it is a network packet issue with too many changes being pushed in a single packet, but not entirely sure. If you ran the map on a dedicated then you could try bcm as it does a chunk reload method instead of setblocksrpc so doesnt have an issue with size. For lights you can also use bcm, block and blockrpc can set the meta which is how lights are toggled 'blockrpc meta1 x y z 0' and 'blockrpc meta1 x y z 1' 'blockrpc scan x y z' will give you details on the block as well and 'tile scan x y z' will give you more info on tileentities such as chests, doors, lights gens and turrets etc I think lights were 0 and 1, might be 0 and 2, and doors open/close are the other

[QUOTE=Abrondino;797225]I am getting errors from time to time when importing. Command was similarly, 'bbb ip aft_arena01(5) -2894 39 -7332 1' The prefab is 76 X 22 [ATTACH=CONFIG]24146[/ATTACH] For the record, I edited it with zombie.exe I then put together the entire arena and I recorded the import of it here: [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7UwnS294M&t=2s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7UwnS294M&t=2s[/URL] Here is a link to the prefab I built. [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10io9u5c55pulj/AACFPMvULbiFFWYDd9qbclw9a?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10io9u5c55pulj/AACFPMvULbiFFWYDd9qbclw9a?dl=0[/URL] On a side note, I have no idea how to turn on the lights in it. I have more experience with Hal's editor when it came to this.[/QUOTE] Check your log file for the error message. There will be a call stack trace above it that will help say where the error is happening. Do you have any custom blocks in the prefab?

Guppy, I tried renaming the name of the import with a parenthesis without any change. Still errored out. Stompy, I do run it on a dedicated server. To both, my entire server uses Hal's save base mod and it's a pretty busy server because of that and a few other perks. So, the BadCo API mod would not be an option since I have to use Hal's DLL. Hal, I have no custom blocks. This happens quite often (or has been) for just about as long as I have had use of your DLL. Note that I have only used the dedicated version. Although it does import the prefab, myself and everyone on the server has to log off and back in to play the game. Thus, my import time needs to be happening at a time when the server is not busy (which is a rare time, currently). When you talk about checking the log file, do you mean the Windows log file? bwecause I can't find one in your application. Thanks guys, -Dino

[QUOTE=Abrondino;797577]Guppy, I tried renaming the name of the import with a parenthesis without any change. Still errored out. Stompy, I do run it on a dedicated server. To both, my entire server uses Hal's save base mod and it's a pretty busy server because of that and a few other perks. So, the BadCo API mod would not be an option since I have to use Hal's DLL. Hal, I have no custom blocks. This happens quite often (or has been) for just about as long as I have had use of your DLL. Note that I have only used the dedicated version. Although it does import the prefab, myself and everyone on the server has to log off and back in to play the game. Thus, my import time needs to be happening at a time when the server is not busy (which is a rare time, currently). When you talk about checking the log file, do you mean the Windows log file? bwecause I can't find one in your application. Thanks guys, -Dino[/QUOTE] Hello Abrondino, Yes I meant the game's log file. Usually called output_log.txt (or I think they append the date/time to server versions). It's usually in the "Managed" folder in the game install directory. Find the error message in the log and post the 20 lines above and below the error (or just the call stack if you know what that is). If I get some time over the weekend (no promises there) I'll try spinning up a dedicated server and importing your prefab to see if I can replicate the error. Cheers, Hal

Also, you can use an api mod such as BCM [I]and[/I] Hal's dll's, I know I do. :) ...but it sounds like Hal is going to get you all fixed up anyway. @Hal; does this mean your life is slowing down and you'll rejoin us as mod master supreme commander? :)

[QUOTE=Guppycur;797714] @Hal; does this mean your life is slowing down and you'll rejoin us as mod master supreme commander? :)[/QUOTE] I hope he does. My server is highly dependant on his mod. I may be the only server allowing people to save and restore their own bases.

[QUOTE=Abrondino;797776]Hal, Here you go. I was importing using the prefab name "aft_arena01(5)" You can find the output file here: [url]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10io9u5c55pulj/AACFPMvULbiFFWYDd9qbclw9a?dl=0[/url] Same place as the prefabs[/QUOTE] Hi Abrondino, I've had a look at the prefab and can see the error in the comm reader. Looks like the server is sending extra data (probably a padded buffer that isn't being trimmed) so it's trying to decode a message that doens't exist. I've done a fix that you can download [URL="http://7d.l9000.co.uk/acs.rar"]here[/URL]. Just replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll on the client (the one you're using to connect to the server). I've had to do the changes manually as I've wiped my computer and don't have my modding environment set up for 7DTD so I'm just masking the problem rather than fixing the cause. You'll probably need to teleport away and back again to see any changes after the insert but you shouldn't disconnect. Or the API mods should get what you need too and they're probably more likely to get updates and fixes. Good to hear someone's using the base restore feature, that's the original reason I started modding here! The prefab editor just grew out of it. [QUOTE=Guppycur;797714] @Hal; does this mean your life is slowing down and you'll rejoin us as mod master supreme commander? :)[/QUOTE] Hey Gup, I should know in a week or two what the next six months are going to be like but it'll probably depend on where they go with A17. I've been getting into a few games recently and doing other projects. I'll be updating SDX for A17 no matter what though, it may just take me a while (or I start using holidays ^^) Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=Abrondino;798286]Ah, I run the dedicated server. I have not run the client version.[/QUOTE] Yeah that's the stuff I can't get into without the modding environment or it takes me 2 hours to do minor tweaks. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with a hacky workaround

[QUOTE=HAL9000;798470]Yeah that's the stuff I can't get into without the modding environment or it takes me 2 hours to do minor tweaks. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with a hacky workaround[/QUOTE] That would be much appreciated. Although I seem to be the only server running your mod on a dedicated server, I can tell you that I have a group that has created absolutely beautiful bases due to the fact that they do not have to use resources to restore damaged bases. I have also let each of them spawn with [B]"The Hammer Of Thor"[/B] so that they can gather resources at astounding speeds. The game is a completely different flavor than anything out there. I do have two dedicated servers with your mod. One with creative mode invoked (passworded) -this is where I test my imports and others are able to build bases to be imported into the main server. The other is the public/main server. You'd probably be pretty proud of how much use your BBB commands get. the logfile is full of them. Like I said, it's a different flavor than most of the 7D2D servers out there. I like to think of it as Minecraft with the added annoyance of zombies. Because people are building these intricate bases that are often connected by underground passages (dug with The Hammer of Thor) I even made some videos to better show the benefits of being on the Afternight server. [B]Two of which are due to your mod[/B]. Here are links to the videos: [LIST] [*]For one, you can gather resources at accelerated speeds using The Hammer of Thor that everyone gets when joining the server: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqrr_c1FnDM[/url] [*]Secondly, you can instantly repair damages to your base with one command: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCl0m1Q7aDI[/url] [*]Thirdly, you can import your base from another server: [url]https://youtu.be/1ZPL_q3QfFY[/url] [/LIST] Our Facebook page is here and it's got over 400 members: [url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/783080705143899/[/url] If by chance you are looking for a testing computer that is running your mod, I can give you access to the test server. -Dino

You're not the only one, I use BBB on my prefab servers and game servers as well, but I've been migrating my people to BCM (you can run an api mod WITH hal's dll) since Hal has hinted many times at slowing down; you may want to make the switch... as the great man himself said "they're (api mods) probably more likely to get updates and fixes." I do love me some Hal though... it's really convenient to not have to log onto a dedi for quick testing. :) Food for thought.

Hello Abrondino, I've had a think and there may be a workaround already in the code. Can you try inserting the prefab with sleepers enabled? That code doesn't use the RPC method and instead uses the chunks directly like Stompy said. If its an overflow of the RPC buffer this should work and will confirm or narrow down the problem. The command would be: bbb ip MyPrefabName [sleepers] Cheers, Hal

I have built 2 prefabs so far. With one of them, I had no problem following HAL's video on creating LOD models. Everything came out fine. But on my second prefab, when I used the simplify command, the entire prefab fell apart. Has anyone else experienced this? I use both herrpohl's editor, and HAL's under two completely separate installations of 7DTD. I created the prefabs in herrpohl's, then copied and pasted them into the prefab folder for HAL's. Edit: Nevermind! I figured out on my own that I needed to disable physics. I'm not sure why the other POI didn't fall apart with active physics and this one did, but disabling physics stopped it from happening.

[QUOTE=dhlmaster;800806]I have built 2 prefabs so far. With one of them, I had no problem following HAL's video on creating LOD models. Everything came out fine. But on my second prefab, when I used the simplify command, the entire prefab fell apart. Has anyone else experienced this? I use both herrpohl's editor, and HAL's under two completely separate installations of 7DTD. I created the prefabs in herrpohl's, then copied and pasted them into the prefab folder for HAL's. Edit: Nevermind! I figured out on my own that I needed to disable physics. I'm not sure why the other POI didn't fall apart with active physics and this one did, but disabling physics stopped it from happening.[/QUOTE] When you simplify the mesh it replaces/removes things that it won't try and mesh (windows, weird shaped blocks etc). The second prefab must fail the structure test once that bit is done. A good tip for the others, glad it's sorted.

• 1 month later...
Howdy. Does the prefab editor get along with the SDX7 asset tool? I've been adding Unity custom blocks and items to mods for a while now, and I'd like to export some of the creations as prefabs (along with the Unity resources). But it doesn't seem like the prefab editor and SDX7 play nice together. For example, I'll run the SDX7 build and place my Unity asset blocks in game, exit and run the prefab editor (I have to run the SP Editor update to become admin and see the BBB commands in-game)... but then my SDX7 assets are gone! And if I update the prefab editor first and then run SDX7, the Unity assets show up but I'm no longer admin and cannot run BBB commands. It's entirely possible that I'm missing something obvious, but it seems like both tools are updating/overwriting the same .dll's. Is there some integration feature that I'm overlooking? I really hope so, since the alternative would be a real bummer.

[QUOTE=Kast;812664]Howdy. Does the prefab editor get along with the SDX7 asset tool? I've been adding Unity custom blocks and items to mods for a while now, and I'd like to export some of the creations as prefabs (along with the Unity resources). But it doesn't seem like the prefab editor and SDX7 play nice together. For example, I'll run the SDX7 build and place my Unity asset blocks in game, exit and run the prefab editor (I have to run the SP Editor update to become admin and see the BBB commands in-game)... but then my SDX7 assets are gone! And if I update the prefab editor first and then run SDX7, the Unity assets show up but I'm no longer admin and cannot run BBB commands. It's entirely possible that I'm missing something obvious, but it seems like both tools are updating/overwriting the same .dll's. Is there some integration feature that I'm overlooking? I really hope so, since the alternative would be a real bummer.[/QUOTE] Yeah it's as you thought, the same DLL is getting overwritten. I'd go with Stompy's SDX mod if you're compiling your mods through the SDX launcher.

Archived