Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Abrondino;775466]When I installed HAL on a different server, I have received an error. Any idea what the issue is?[ATTACH=CONFIG]23672[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] Sounds like you need [URL="https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42642"].net[/URL] installing on the server

Hi Hal, is there a reason why the editor (version 0.82 for A16.4) is using two different directories to save and load prefabs? If you enter an empty world and activate the edit mode (bbb ee in chat), you'll encounter the following console message if you try load a prefab from the 7dtd prefab directory: [img]https://i.imgur.com/qg2azvl.png[/img] Looks like the editor is using its own prefab directory to load prefabs (and the 7dtd prefab directory to save them). This behavior renders the current implementation of the reload function of my editor useless. ^^ So please let me know if this is intended or a bug.

[QUOTE=Pille;777106]Hi Hal, is there a reason why the editor (version 0.82 for A16.4) is using two different directories to save and load prefabs? If you enter an empty world and activate the edit mode (bbb ee in chat), you'll encounter the following console message if you try load a prefab from the 7dtd prefab directory: [img]https://i.imgur.com/qg2azvl.png[/img] Looks like the editor is using its own prefab directory to load prefabs (and the 7dtd prefab directory to save them). This behavior renders the current implementation of the reload function of my editor useless. ^^ So please let me know if this is intended or a bug.[/QUOTE] Hmm... That's an odd one. I'll take a guess that you started the game through the editor? What happens if you start it normally? I.e. by double clicking the 7DaysToDie.exe?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;777114]Hmm... That's an odd one. I'll take a guess that you started the game through the editor? What happens if you start it normally? I.e. by double clicking the 7DaysToDie.exe?[/QUOTE] Lol, this works (start via 7DaysToDie.exe). I swear I had already tried this. Thank you.

[QUOTE=Pille;777115]Lol, this works (start via 7DaysToDie.exe). I swear I had already tried this. Thank you.[/QUOTE] Ok. Sounds like the console command is using a hard coded path reference rather than the full prefab path and because the editor asked to start the game that's technically the startup folder. It'd take SDX to fix it because the console command is a vanilla class.

[QUOTE=Abrondino;779854]I miss the ability to create those mazes and catacombs in Hal's editor. Is there a way to access it without reverting? I have used them for quests I would make under the ground for users.[/QUOTE] I've just checked and yeah that stuff still works. You may need to tweak it in Pille's editor after but I can add some buttons to the main menu to get at that stuff. [QUOTE=Guppycur;779891]Btw. I'm fully on board the sdx train now, so feel free to make an sdx version so I can haz my prefab commands locally.[/QUOTE] Maybe the next alpha or gold is the plan

Hey Hal, I've a few questions for you. Can we add entities to a prefab using your tool? Does one of the editor commands (e.g. prefab save name or bbb ep) attach the entity data to the prefab files? I am talking about manually spawned zombies or NPCs (via F6) located inside the area of the prefab. My editor is not able to add entities atm. because the static entity spawner doesn't work in RWG in A16 but I need to find a way to spawn traders....^^

[QUOTE=Pille;780339]Hey Hal, I've a few questions for you. Can we add entities to a prefab using your tool? Does one of the editor commands (e.g. prefab save name or bbb ep) attach the entity data to the prefab files? I am talking about manually spawned zombies or NPCs (via F6) located inside the area of the prefab. My editor is not able to add entities atm. because the static entity spawner doesn't work in RWG in A16 but I need to find a way to spawn traders....^^[/QUOTE] The alternative to Guppy's solution (and how my editor implements it) is by using prefab file structure. Have a look in there and you'll see a list of EntityCreationData objects that can be put at the end. Add the entityclass hash and a position to that and the game will spawn the entity when it's added to the world. It's a one time only spawn though when the chunk is created

@Guppycur [QUOTE=Guppycur;780368]Yeh; not sure if it adds the trader protection, so you may wanna just use a custom sleeper volume.[/QUOTE] Afaik the trader protection is defined in the prefab XMLs. :) @HAL9000 [QUOTE=HAL9000;780548]The alternative to Guppy's solution (and how my editor implements it) is by using prefab file structure. Have a look in there and you'll see a list of EntityCreationData objects that can be put at the end. Add the entityclass hash and a position to that and the game will spawn the entity when it's added to the world. It's a one time only spawn though when the chunk is created[/QUOTE] Thanks but I think it doesn't work anymore. Static entity spawns seem to be disabled for RWG but they still work in Navezgane.

[QUOTE=Pille;780684]Thanks but I think it doesn't work anymore. Static entity spawns seem to be disabled for RWG but they still work in Navezgane.[/QUOTE] I've not played much recently so not sure but unless they've changed something in a recent build it will work. The prefab entities aren't tied to a spawner. The code predates all that stuff and is part of the prefab add code.

n2n1 and me made some tests and came to the same result: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)&p=739163&viewfull=1#post739163[/url] The spawns work very well in Navegane but for some annoying reason they don't work in RWG...

[QUOTE=Pille;780776]n2n1 and me made some tests and came to the same result: [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)&p=739163&viewfull=1#post739163[/url] The spawns work very well in Navegane but for some annoying reason they don't work in RWG...[/QUOTE] That's a shame. From looking at the code anything that calls CopyIntoWorld on the PrefabInstance class should move the entities in as well but I guess from your tests that's not how RWG works.

• 4 weeks later...
hey i have a problem making my mesh...it´s not my first one so i know what to do when i type prefab simplify, it won´t simplify. Instead it cut 96% of my prefab leaving me with just a couple of blocks...myabe 30-50 blocks. with that i can´t do a mesh. any other way making mesh´s?

[QUOTE=Andyjoki;788560]hey i have a problem making my mesh...it´s not my first one so i know what to do when i type prefab simplify, it won´t simplify. Instead it cut 96% of my prefab leaving me with just a couple of blocks...myabe 30-50 blocks. with that i can´t do a mesh. any other way making mesh´s?[/QUOTE] Sounds like it's gone over the 65k vert limit for the mesh (that's the maximum number of verts allowed in Unity mesh). There's two ways of generating the meshes, the built in console command and the bbb codes. Try the other one but it that bombs out too it's probably too complicated to mesh.

• 4 weeks later...
Would be nice to have a full list of bbb commands without having to sit through an array of long videos. I forgot how to load a prefab in empty world but for some reason I cant seem to find the video for it anymore and dont really like burning up 2 hours searching. Info is on this is a bit too scattered:upset:

[QUOTE=UltimateX;795818]Would be nice to have a full list of bbb commands without having to sit through an array of long videos. I forgot how to load a prefab in empty world but for some reason I cant seem to find the video for it anymore and dont really like burning up 2 hours searching. Info is on this is a bit too scattered:upset:[/QUOTE] bbb ? [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcVdxilSpco[/url]

Archived