Bandage vs Bandage with Aloe Cream

Viktoriusiii

THIS IS NOT A PIMP DREAM BUT ACTUAL FEEDBACK FOR THE UPCOMING CHANGE TO STAMINA AND HEALTH!!! DO NOT MOVE THIS THREAD!

Hey. I haven't seen it in the video. But since painkillers (logically) only give back the undamaged hp (instant regen so to speak) how about making bandages give back 15-20 max hp but only one can be applied every 2-5 minutes?

OR make it give you 30 max hp back but only up to 75% of max hp.

This would give them some use and give us the option to heal us even if we aren't in the midgame (bandages and first aid kits are quite rare earlygame and become abundant lategame)

I do NOT want them to give hp regen. But a banded up wound will heal better then an open wound. But it wont regen faster.

-no regen

-limited use (either up to %max hp OR only 1 every 5 minutes (i like max %hp better))

-still stops bloodloss

-(maybe) reduces risk of infection

*edit*

it seems that the medical bandage only heals up max hp over time... so another idea would be to give you 20 max hp back, but over the course of 4-5 minutes. So its a perfect early game medicin... but lateron you dont want to wait (in hordenights) for 5 minutes before you can fight again.

So much of this. I mean, we can edit it but I just found it strange that regular bandages are rather worthless. Just a tid-bit of small health-regen would be nice. Or just a little bit of static? I think very small HP regen fora small total amount based on maxHP% or Medicinal skill would be nice, and kinda-realistic, in a way.

in my 800+ hours i have used normal bandages about... 5-10 times?

At most...

After day 5-7 they become completly worthless and are scrapped every time.

We already have such a low amount of healing items... (3 to be exact)

1 healing imidiate dmg (pills)

2 healing max dmg and a little bit of imidiate dmg (bandage)

3 healing both (first aid) presumably.

1 you cant craft at all.

2. you can craft fairly easily if you pick enough aloe (desert only)

3 is a super lategame item

So why not give us an intermediate step that is available everywhere but only heals maxhp damage very very slowly? (you know... like a bandage would)

Because if it were in Pimp Dream section it'll be ignored.

correct.

This has already been changed for A17.

Regular bandages recover a small amount of the permanent damage so that your current max moves up. Medicated bandages do more and First Aid Kits do the most. Regular bandages are so easy to make I suspect people will keep a bunch of them so they can heal their current hp max back up to the total possible max.

Regular bandages recover a small amount of the permanent damage so that your current max moves up. Medicated bandages do more and First Aid Kits do the most. Regular bandages are so easy to make I suspect people will keep a bunch of them so they can heal their current hp max back up to the total possible max.

Nice.

Thanks alot :)

I was assuming it would keep its useless status as a "heal bleeding only" item.

Does the aloe bandage also increase the regen? And the first aid regen a lot quickly? Or is that reserved for the painkillers?

Thanks alot :)

I was assuming it would keep its useless status as a "heal bleeding only" item.

Does the aloe bandage also increase the regen? And the first aid regen a lot quickly? Or is that reserved for the painkillers?

Unless it's changed for A17, you can use aloe cream for instant 10 point health regen. Doesn't stop bleeding like the bandage or medicated bandage, but worth trying in addition to bandages to get your health back up. Using the aloe cream doesn't make you thirsty like pain meds.

We already have such a low amount of healing items... (3 to be exact)

1 healing imidiate dmg (pills)

2 healing max dmg and a little bit of imidiate dmg (bandage)

3 healing both (first aid) presumably.

1 you cant craft at all.

2. you can craft fairly easily if you pick enough aloe (desert only)

3 is a super lategame item

So why not give us an intermediate step that is available everywhere but only heals maxhp damage very very slowly? (you know... like a bandage would) correct.

(5 items)

Bandages

Aloe Cream

First Aid Bandages

Painkillers

First Aid Kit

or what the pimps could do is LEAVE the DAMN hp and stamina alone its perfectly fine as it is now. The new way looks like crap so far and alot harder to manage

I'm the opposite. I'd be thrilled if the black bars on the stamina/health meters had their OWN black bars too.

I wasn't really referring to the actual UI element, rather the idea that the idea of multi tired health and stamina, each tier regenerating and decaying slower than the tier below it. A game I just started working on again on an hour or two ago now has about 4 functional tiers for certain mechanics, and I'm in the process of adding a fifth.

What you are saying basically IS a black bar for the black bar, retextured. (also sounds like the wellness system).

That being said, I don't mind the idea of the OCD disgust reaction, because it in some way approximates the feeling of hunger/thirst.

Tested it a bit tonight and here is what I found

1) Pain pills: Increase the rate of recovery of your hitpoints for a short time. Do not increase your current max health.

2) Bandages: Increase your current max health slowly for a very short period of time.

3) Medicated Bandages: Increase your current max health slowly for a longer period of time.

4) First Aid Kits: Increase your current max health slowly for the longest period of time.

5) Aloe Cream: Reduces your temporary health down to about 20% instantly. Seems it's harmful to use by itself but could be a bug.

Your damaged hit points recover up to your current max slowly over time. I tried eating and drinking and they had very minimal effect on the rate of recovery of HP but painpills were great for speeding that recovery. While I was popping pills I let my hydration drop to zero and it caused my max HP to start dropping every second. As soon as I drank water it stopped dropping.

The only way to increase your current max HP back up is through the first aid items above. I'm curious about the aloe cream for sure...

Tested it a bit tonight and here is what I found

1) Pain pills: Increase the rate of recovery of your hitpoints for a short time. Do not increase your current max health.

2) Bandages: Increase your current max health slowly for a very short period of time.

3) Medicated Bandages: Increase your current max health slowly for a longer period of time.

4) First Aid Kits: Increase your current max health slowly for the longest period of time.

5) Aloe Cream: Reduces your temporary health down to about 20% instantly. Seems it's harmful to use by itself but could be a bug.

Your damaged hit points recover up to your current max slowly over time. I tried eating and drinking and they had very minimal effect on the rate of recovery of HP but painpills were great for speeding that recovery. While I was popping pills I let my hydration drop to zero and it caused my max HP to start dropping every second. As soon as I drank water it stopped dropping.

The only way to increase your current max HP back up is through the first aid items above. I'm curious about the aloe cream for sure...

Thanks a lot :)

BUT if I may give a suggestion:

make bandages give a very low amount Over a LONG amount of time (like 10 max hp over 5 minutes)

Otherwise, Ill just have 300 cotton with me and just craft 30 bandages whenever i need them and can heal up in under 2 minutes.

Make it so that the time a healing item heals you is always very long, but increase the maxhp it heals a bit.

Otherwise maxhp damage will simply be treated with a lot of bandages.

Archived