A16 - Medieval Mod (SDX)

Guppycur

all was good 26th lvl out at the east crystal area .. buddy and i were walking and fell through grafix glich in the map.. both his esc .. try to log back and and it wont let us back in.. i reset server several times

Heya, post the output_log.txt of your client and/or server to pastebin.com and we'll try to help out.

It looks weird placing down, but it will place down.

B15 out.

ABSOLUTELY requires a new save. Should be the final save breaking update.

- - - Updated - - -

You cam Find me on

Today 19:00 this evening

Sweet, danke!

Guppy, the struggle with Healing is it by design or just not balanced? I've watched quite a few streamers/youtubes and put in good 30 hours into the mod and the struggle to keep yourself healed seemed quite real.

In my game I finally found the books for healing items, but at this point I am lvl 30-35 now. I was just curious if you guys meant the healing to be the struggle? (not complaining at all, just found it interesting).

Guppy, awesome mod!

Do you have update notes posted anywhere?

I'll post the highlights later today.

- - - Updated - - -

Guppy, the struggle with Healing is it by design or just not balanced? I've watched quite a few streamers/youtubes and put in good 30 hours into the mod and the struggle to keep yourself healed seemed quite real.

In my game I finally found the books for healing items, but at this point I am lvl 30-35 now. I was just curious if you guys meant the healing to be the struggle? (not complaining at all, just found it interesting).

food healing has been buffed in b15, but the lack of early healing is intended.

CHANGES FOR B15 (probably missed a bunch)

• Adjustments on stone harvesting
  • Removed scrap iron frames and upgrade options
  • New log spike model (thanks Random Person!)
  • Removed some more modern blocks (morticians drawer etc)
  • Fixed the 4 plants that were upgrading when fully grown
  • Added Banded Chest as a player craftable storage
  • Changed leather creation to use the tanning rack (build rack, place in sunlight, upgrade with animal hides, wait, loot leather)
  • New block buffs added
  • Improved Dragons Breath potion
  • Dysentry, foodPoisoning and blight debuffs can be 'cured' with a certain plant
  • Adjusted AI to ignore merchants since they cant be killed
  • Added headshots to custom entities (untested)
  • Adjusted dungeon spawns so they dont wreck the place
  • Some creatures move faster now
  • Ogres and Trolls went to smash school and learnt how to bust your house down
  • Removed skill xp from medical items to stop them from leveling the medicine perk
  • Removed hydration from potions so you can drink them when fully hydrated
  • Adjusted economic values
  • Buffed food healing (approx x2)
  • Honey cures dysentry
  • The mysterious plant has a new mystery(buff)
  • Added a large hammer head for crafting bigger hammer weapons
  • Remove machete blade, recipe now uses large balde
  • Some schema's can be created from book pages found in loot
  • Removed quality from frying pan, can still club a peasant with them
  • Pitchfork can be repaired with scrapIron
  • Woolen cloths can be repaired with wool
  • Big buff to blunderbuss damage
  • Buffed high end protection ratings on most armor. Full purple plate will let you slug it out with an ogre.
  • Loot template changed to reduce quantity of purple drops a bit
  • Leveled loot fully removed
  • Overhaul of peasant and guard loot (creature loot still to be reviewed)
  • New skill 'Slayer', gain levels by completing the Slayer quests. Gives a bonus to entity damage on all weapons
  • Completely revampeds quests (still needs some localisation). Complete the first quest by opening your quest journal. Read the quests, important information is there to guide you if you get stuck with what to do next.
  • Added Quest Tokens (dont lose them!) to track quest chain completion. Tokens can be dropped/traded, watch out pvpers :)
  • Some recipes are now locked in quests as well as an option for unlock with looted schemas.
  • Seed recipes return more seeds (temporary measure until the fertiliser changes are added)
  • Vials can now be crafted in the furnace with glass
  • Some scrapping is now only available at the workbench (cloth, leather, iron, wood)
  • New prefabs for the spooky forest
  • A new village prefab can be found in the wilds
  • Many improvements to the horse (Thanks Emu!), to many to list. Don't be mean to your horse, it might eat you. Add horse reins to stop the horse from wandering.

My current todo list for b16:

• bug: DragonGore has no loot when the body downgrades
  • bug: paladin and baby dragons make the sound but dont fire ranged shots
  • todo: change beer barrels to work like the new tanning racks
  • todo: finish quest localisation
  • todo: finish item localisation for new quest items
  • todo: icons - vials/blood/body parts and individual icons for quest tokens
  • todo: icons - grapevine block, beer barrel half and empty, large hammer head
  • todo: restrict blighters so they can only spread blight when aggroed, or at the least only when within a distance from a player
  • todo: localise dungeon seed 3 note
  • todo: remove old quest notes
  • todo: change ingredient bloods to Lesser Blood, Strong Blood, Potent Blood, and provide recipes to create from the various blood types (i.e. goblin => lesser, dragon => potent)
  • todo: creature loot review
  • todo: review trader supply lists
  • todo: add recipe unlocks to loot, and review the grouping of recipe locks to different teirs instead of just by type
  • todo: add rewards for quests - including legendary weapon
  • todo: review ingredient craft timers and exp, adjust recipes that are unbalanced for time.
  • todo: review item weights where needed to get correct scrapping after ingredient review
  • todo: create alternative options in rwgmixer for 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k worlds and zero towns, 1 central town, random small towns
  • todo: tidy up ui changes for quest objective and reward windows
  • todo: find a use for red flowers
  • todo: add recipes for decoration blocks
  • todo: add recipe limiter patch (only see recipes you know, only at station you can craft them)

Ok, I see that the Alchemy Bench is not fixed yet. If you are not looking at it while it is crafting it will not craft. I did fix it however on our Daddy's Secret Server, All you need to do is add the FUEL panel in the XUI.XML file for it.

I also went a little further and I did add the campfire particles to it. It kinda looks better I believe at least when it is running you can see the extra fire it has from the campfire particles and you can tell when it is still running or not. I did have to adjust the position of the campfire particles to it but I do like it.

Love the Horse now thank you for making the legs actually walk now :) Yeah on the Alchemy Bench i noticed that the Fuel Panel was NOT there when it was crafting so wood was not needed for it to work so I just added the Fuel to it in the XUI file to fix the issue.

Thanks Again for a great Mod :)

SeabeeMan....

Edited by SeabeeMan (see edit history)

Ah, yours is the server I tried to join last night but couldn't... -1 ping, I assume that's bad. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not crafting while you're not at a station is my desired result btw. =)

(We don't yet have a consensus on that though)

I want to be able to use my custom particles, not the campfire one, so that's on a todo list for later.

Ha, I thought I seen your name pop up on the Bot IRC. We run the server from Jacksonville Florida with a FireWire connection 1GB up and down. Try to join it again ok and see. I never have any issues joining the server and we don't hear about it at all either. We do have a TeamSpeak channel also that we are there for any help.

Our website is: http://www.oursecrets.enjin.com

all of our info is on the Home Page. I myself live in New York and never had a issue connecting on any of our four servers.

We do however run all of the servers from the same machine.

I believe the -1 ping is just a bug in 7 days to die. Alot of servers seem to have it and we get ALOT of players on our servers so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with joining them.

Edited by SeabeeMan (see edit history)