Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

• 5 weeks later...
I'm having troubles using UAE, whenever I click on a texture file on the plugin tab it doesn't show a preview and just crashes with a window popping up that it has stopped working. I am running Windows 8 and have installed directx 9 as administrator, restarted my machine, and transferred the texture.dll file from the DX90c folder to the Default folder under plugins and it still doesn't work, any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
I am working on getting UAE working for Unity 5. As Derpopo said look to the UAE BETA thread. I actually have UAE working preliminarily with 7 Days To Die. All things considered any version of UAE that does not support Unity 5 is no longer relevant to 7 Days to Die. I am closing this thread. For me. I may get a moderator to officially close it later. 7 Days 2 Die will no longer work with this version. For other games, my BETA thread has versions that still work. I'm running a test version in my BETA thread for 7 Days to Die and Unity 5. I hope you will all move to that thread, and we can get UAE and Unity 5 back to par for all of you.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
It sucks [QUOTE=grimreefer24601;35710][ATTACH=CONFIG]1111[/ATTACH] Unity Asset Editor is a plug-in based asset editor, exporter, and importer for modding games created with the Unity Game Engine. It can import and export any asset in raw data format. It can also be extended to support any kind of asset type through the use of plug-ins. This is an early version of UAE, so expect some bugs. I also can't guarantee it will work with every game or every file. If you find a file or game it doesn't work with let me know so I can figure out what's wrong. Also any suggestions will be listened too, and if I can do it I will. Included are the main program, the Text File Plugin, the Texture Plugin, and the Audio plugin. Also included is a Visual Studio 2008 project and source files for making a plug-in DLL. Make sure to read the readme file for more information about the tool. :star:Have fun modding.:star: [URL="https://www.mediafire.com/?xra726r8bsall2x"]Media Fire[/URL] [URL="http://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/unity-asset-editor"]ModDB[/URL] (may not be immediatly available)[/QUOTE] I'm sorry but it sucks, it always crashes when i load ".assets" file, great editor grim.

I'm sorry but it's you that sucks. This tool worked great back in 2014, when Unity games didn't upgrade to the Unity 5 engine. Unity 5 introduced a new assets file format. Since this tool didn't receive any updates since Unity 5 came out, it can't possibly support Unity 5 assets files. Or are you a seer and can predict what Unity 5 format is like back in 2014? :) As a side note, if you want Unity 5 support,, use another tool called UABE, also in the modding section of this forum.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
The solution [QUOTE=rex2630;581648]How can i fix runtime error?I google it and not helped.Reinstalled vc++,tried with command in cmd.Nothing helped, even on other pc[/QUOTE] Go into the Texture Plugins folder in the UAE files, and then go into the NODX file, it'll contain Texture.dll. Copy the file and go into the Plugins folder. Enter the Default folder and paste it.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;618274]Is this tool still good to modify textures?[/QUOTE] Only if the game uses Unity 4. Unity games switched to Unity 5 since at least two years ago so unless the game was not updated for a long time or you're working with the game's old version, this tool wouldn't support it.

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;618731]I see. Now I just need to figure out how to use it...[/QUOTE] edit the textures with UABE ? I want to warn - that it's possible, but there is a big problem - unavailability MIP-map... [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49611-adding-extra-terrain-textures-with-UABE[/url]

[QUOTE=n2n1;618735]edit the textures with UABE ? I want to warn - that it's possible, but there is a big problem - unavailability MIP-map... [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49611-adding-extra-terrain-textures-with-UABE[/url][/QUOTE] I wasn't really planning on tampering with the terrain textures. I kinda want to mess with the zombie's textures and see if there's anything I can mess with, don't know if that will cause me too much trouble.

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;618739]I wasn't really planning on tampering with the terrain textures. I kinda want to mess with the zombie's textures and see if there's anything I can mess with, don't know if that will cause me too much trouble.[/QUOTE] but it's not just terrain. the problem of MIP-map - wherever used 3d-rendering including textures for Z.

[QUOTE=n2n1;618785]but it's not just terrain. the problem of MIP-map - wherever used 3d-rendering including textures for Z.[/QUOTE] What exactly is the problem of MIP-map? Cause right now after successfully creating a mod installer that swapped a zombie's texture with one I modified the zombie looks white in the game. That's about the only problem I've encountered. Not sure what's going on.

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;618788]What exactly is the problem of MIP-map? Cause right now after successfully creating a mod installer that swapped a zombie's texture with one I modified the zombie looks white in the game. That's about the only problem I've encountered. Not sure what's going on.[/QUOTE] you can't export the modified texture back into the asset with the help of UABE without loss of MIP-levels. Without the MIP-map is the game looks bad (like my terrain screenshots) I didn't do this with textures for the zed, but for blocks and terrain I've tested - is exactly the problem. I'd like to be wrong but... I really hope that [COLOR="#49E4BA"]DerPopo[/COLOR] will add this feature in their Utility... it will be a great opportunity.. PS: I'm too going to fiddle with textures for z :)

[QUOTE=n2n1;618796]you can't export the modified texture back into the asset with the help of UABE without loss of MIP-levels. Without the MIP-map is the game looks bad (like my terrain screenshots) I didn't do this with textures for the zed, but for blocks and terrain I've tested - is exactly the problem. I'd like to be wrong but... I really hope that [COLOR="#49E4BA"]DerPopo[/COLOR] will add this feature in their Utility... it will be a great opportunity.. PS: I'm too going to fiddle with textures for z :)[/QUOTE] You do that, tell me what you find! I'm sure there's gotta be a way to get it working. I mean, as far as I can see in your thread you got it to work on the terrain.

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;618813]You do that, tell me what you find! I'm sure there's gotta be a way to get it working. I mean, as far as I can see in your thread you got it to work on the terrain.[/QUOTE] Sadly, what i did in that thread - it is about to add more terrain-textures in the asset. But for right exporting textures - i didn't do anything. And i use it without MIP-map. It fit me because these textures are underground and the graphical artifacts are not very noticeable. I also want to change the burnt zombie because he looks stupid. But now i'm not near my PC and i'll do it later. Also i noticed that photoshop saves these textures are not in the correct format (regarding alpha-channel...maybe just need to change some option) and i use for this - Paint.NET. As an option - you can do everything in photoshop and then transformed using Paint.NET. If i do something useful it will be in my mod and I'll let you know.

[QUOTE=n2n1;619195]Sadly, what i did in that thread - it is about to add more terrain-textures in the asset. But for right exporting textures - i didn't do anything. And i use it without MIP-map. It fit me because these textures are underground and the graphical artifacts are not very noticeable. I also want to change the burnt zombie because he looks stupid. But now i'm not near my PC and i'll do it later. Also i noticed that photoshop saves these textures are not in the correct format (regarding alpha-channel...maybe just need to change some option) and i use for this - Paint.NET. As an option - you can do everything in photoshop and then transformed using Paint.NET. If i do something useful it will be in my mod and I'll let you know.[/QUOTE] Yes, that would be useful because I'm suddenly having trouble swapping zombie textures. You can read about it [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor&p=619117#post619117"]here.[/URL] I don't know if I'm doing it right. I'm just exporting the zombie's texture file, modifyng it in PS and importing it back in UABE. Then I just create a mod installer and run it. It used to work (sort of, zombies looked white) but now the game just crashes.

Archived