Irradiated and Ferals

xXBadDreamXx

I've encountered wat could be called a pet peeve that impedes my enjoyment of this game. I usually play on difficulty 3 but have been playing Co-op with some friends on difficulty 4 or 5. I just turned level 42 and carry a hunting rifle for animals a compound bow and a hunting knife. all my gear is orange or gray and my weapons skills are not leveld up that much. When I try to loot buildings with no one else on the server I'm getting one to three irradiated ferals and multiple regular ferals and I'm unable to deal with them. Especially the spider zombies as they are huge bullet sponges and difficult to hit in the head.

I strongly feel this is very imbalanced. I LOVE the sleepers and think it was a huge improvement to the game but i feel that irradiated and ferals should be occuring at this frequency at much closer to around lvl 150 when you have the best gear and weapons and have the ability to mass produce alottt of ammo. If i can't loot in a town I basically miss a huge and very important part of the game and i'm unsure how to even progress at this point because I am completely unable to loot in a town now. I'm stuck to mining and growing crops and cooking food to get skill points to level up my weapon and armor skills. and when i think of that it bums me out and makes me not want to play on this server anymore.

Can I get other peoples opinions of this please and if they've encountered this and how they got around it? Also does anyone know if this issue has been brought up before and or if the pimps have discussed if they will address this issue? Thanks =)

Working as intended, as far as i know.

Some tips:

Learn to melee. Using a firearm will alert and attract lots of zombies in towns.

Sneaky headshots with the compound bow will NOT attract lots of zombies.

Carry with you, and drop down wooden spikes in front of attacking zombies.

Try to not get further into a building then you need. Best if you can make a hole

in the wall, and loot from outside.

Most buildings are not worth the time and effort to loot.

Sneak as much as you can if you have to enter a building.

Jump up on top of cars for brief safety (not from vultures though).

Always loot cars.

Put down lootchests. It sucks finding THAT ultimate upgrade, not

having enough inventory room, fiddling with inventory and beeing attacked.

You don't have to engage in combat with every sleeper zombie.

Enjoy not knowing everything, and having something to learn. That is some of the best part

of this game, imo.

yeah ive died about 30 times allready guppycur...30 deaths...crappy gear and lvl 42...somehow i dont think things are right....

and kattla im not a noob to the game...i know how to play and i do all those things...a player at my lvl just doesnt have the gear and resources to deal with irradiated feral zombies....i cant pump out 20 bullets for every house i loot. and you def cant beat irradiated zombies with arrows and a wooden club. but id love for you to show me how

edit... just checked the gamestage and the server doesnt have the gamestage command enabled so no luck there =/

yeah ive died about 30 times allready guppycur...30 deaths...crappy gear and lvl 42...somehow i dont think things are right....

and kattla im not a noob to the game...i know how to play and i do all those things...a player at my lvl just doesnt have the gear and resources to deal with irradiated feral zombies....i cant pump out 20 bullets for every house i loot. and you def cant beat irradiated zombies with arrows and a wooden club. but id love for you to show me how

edit... just checked the gamestage and the server doesnt have the gamestage command enabled so no luck there =/

It is doable, but a better weapon is (highly) recommanded. Used about 8 minuts on the radiated feral wright , and 8 minuts on a

radiated feral spider zombie and radiated feral cop. I guess i'm a little rusty. Uploading videos.

Edit: Videos.

i cant pump out 20 bullets for every house i loot. and you def cant beat irradiated zombies with arrows and a wooden club.

DON'T shoot with fireguns in houses!

Crossbow and sneaking - 2x damage to sleepers(1 headshot kill ferals, but not irradiated). Always have beer or alcohol buff - stun immune and endless stamina. And always run if detected. Fireguns is a weapon for open-air combats, and pistols are bad choice, hunting rifle is a way better with headshots.

And if you died 30 times, your gamestage is low, so its not a reason.

I’m curious about how you spent your points. Seems to me you made some poor choices if you are at level 42 and still at gray and orange in weapon quality. Did you level up tools instead? If so, go mining for awhile and then put more points into getting your weapon quality up. See if you can buy something better from a trader.

Are perhaps any of the other players on the server of a high game stage, and were perhaps in that town not to long before you?

I've run into this quite a few times while playing on servers. Start fresh on a server and go to a town at a low level, and all the sleepers are runners and/or irradiated. It happens when a high-gamestage player has been in the same town recently and triggered the spawn mask for the town - using their gamestage of course. When it happens I will just skip looting that town and come back later. Not sure exactly how many days it takes to reset the spawns, but I've found that coming back a handful of days later and the town will be "at my level" so to speak.

Assuming of course, someone ELSE didn't come through in that time...

smg are even better, less noise and 9 mm ammo are cheaper

Rifle - common non-feral zed, 1 shot = 1 kill, SMG, how many shots need? And rifle easy to get. There are 2 main fireguns way, pistol->SMG->AK(shredders), and rifle - Sniper Rifle(head aimers). Both have advantages and disadvantages.

thanks for the response badgerpns...that could be what happened alltho no one else was on while i was on but maybe there were some people on just before i got on...i even had 3 feral whights kill me in a hospital which was pretty weird

as for others that commented. my points are spent fine and this isnt about how my points are spent. its about the level which irradiated and feral zombies spawn for players and the determining factors and wether this needs to be looked at as a game balance issue

as for others that commented. my points are spent fine and this isnt about how my points are spent. its about the level which irradiated and feral zombies spawn for players and the determining factors and wether this needs to be looked at as a game balance issue

You literally said “my weapons skills are not leveld up that much.” How your points are spent is, unavoidably, an important factor when looking at game balance issues. It has a real impact, the same way leaving your doors open on horde night would make the Blood Moon horde seem too hard, or hiding underground makes them seem too easy.

We're talking about a very specific issue here: finding irradiated cops and spiders on multiplayer servers at fairly low levels -- levels that you could hit in less than 2-3 weeks.

If the server is set to a higher difficulty, i don't see a problem with it. Then it is more of a "learn to survive" issue,

and survive does not always means to fight. To survive is just as much about what and when NOT to fight.

There is also another issue here. If i know NO tougher zombies would spawn on me before i am level 40, i could

just dig up (pun intended) a few levels , put points into loot related skills and perks, and go looting the more

dangerous places early on with very little risk vs reward.

go looting the more dangerous places early on with very little risk vs reward.

A random hunting lodge in the middle of the country isn't supposed to be a "more dangerous place." It's not the wasteland or a city or even a high rise apartment.

The problem is trying to actually loot stuff -- it wound up being easier to ignore looting and just buy stuff from the trader until I had blue/purple quality firearms and a bunch of ammo. THEN I could take on the irradiated stuff without issues.

A random hunting lodge in the middle of the country isn't supposed to be a "more dangerous place." It's not the wasteland or a city or even a high rise apartment.

The problem is trying to actually loot stuff -- it wound up being easier to ignore looting and just buy stuff from the trader until I had blue/purple quality firearms and a bunch of ammo. THEN I could take on the irradiated stuff without issues.

Who to say a cabin in the middle of nowhere isn't a dangerous place. Never seen Evil dead 1? Seems like perfectly

good zombie lore to me.:tickled_pink:

Easier to buy good stuff at the trader, depending on the rng, but quite possible yes. There is something saying

looting and scavenging should be the ONLY viable way to survive after the apocalypse?

anyways ...thanks to whoever gave input and discussed how they had issues like this as well...i guess it just boils down to how it is playing on a multiplayer server at times...but maybe it could be something to look into...making the ferals and irradiated zombies spawn at later stages and kinda tone it down a bit or simply just make it an option in the config ...ferals begin to spawn at lvl 40 and irradiated at 75 or watever you set it at...so regardless of youre gear they will never occur below X level...unless someone else spawned them in

everyone is very passionate about this game and gets excited about sharing what they know about the game and likes to give input ...sometimes this goes against the way we play or think the game should head towards but its important to remember that were all here for the same reason...cause this game is awesome and we love playing it! =)

Was playing yesterday, and we're on day 20. Setting up a base at the edge of the wasteland, and at night almost every singe zed was a feral.

Location can play a big factor in the types of Z's you're seeing. :)

Also, I did some cleanup and moved the unrelated discussions off to another thread.

Yeah, I made a similar post here about the same issues (irradiated/ferals spawning at low player level on a multiplayer server) and it was more or less ignored.

Who to say a cabin in the middle of nowhere isn't a dangerous place.

Name a POI that ISN'T supposed to be super dangerous at low levels, then. You can still get irradiated spiders and cops.

There is something saying looting and scavenging should be the ONLY viable way to survive after the apocalypse?

I'm not saying I want scavenging to be the only way to survive. I'm saying I want it to be A way to survive.

Name a POI that ISN'T supposed to be super dangerous at low levels, then. You can still get irradiated spiders and cops.

The watertower.:02.47-tranquillity:

And the traders. More to those places then just the trader.

One of the red brick ruined corner buildings have a weaponstore crate on the third floor.

The small, white western style tool, book and weaponstore. Fairly safe if knocking hole in the

wall and loot from outside.

I'm not saying I want scavenging to be the only way to survive. I'm saying I want it to be A way to survive.

Scavenging is already is a way to survive. The addition of sneaky sleeper zombies just makes it a bit more tricky, but not

impossible. Lot of advise in this thread on what to do and whatnot to do.

Still, i suppose this thread is also good for feedback, and mine is that having ferals or radiated ferals spawning

on easy or normal diffictuly level (1-3) is bad. Should not happen, period. Not even with a high gamestage.

Difficulty level 4 , ferals or lesser zombies only.

Difficulty level 5-6, Just bring'em on. Players at this level want the bragging right of having it rough,

and it's just fair they'll get it their way.

How you spent your points is literally one of the factors that "this" is about. You progressed to level 40 and are trying to fight wights with gray and orange weapons and wondering why is this feeling so impossible? I started a new game this week since I had time off and I am currently level 20 and I have yellow quality weapons. Yellow quality weapons make my killing power against zombies a lot higher than the gray and orange weapons I used up until this point. I also was lucky enough to find a trader that sold me a purple quality spiked club which I save for special occasions.

So, you are two weeks into the game at double my level and getting tougher enemies and fighting them with crap weapons. That makes me curious. But if you don't want to talk about it I guess its up to you....

However, based on the situation you've described here is my protip: Craft/purchase better weapons and armor to deal with the tougher enemies the game will start throwing at you....

if i have 5 bullets im saving for deer or pigs and have only found an orange hunting rifle and havent found a crossbow book yet and im unable to loot buildings to find better gear it kinda doesnt matter much what my points are put into tho. im not trying to fight irradiated zombies either...i was running away if i was able to .

i guess maybe people seem to think lvl 40 is pretty well established? i always assumed it was pretty early game as the lvl goes to 200 so its only about 1/5 of the progression

and Roland would you honestly like me to screen shot all the places i put my skill points into? because i can pretty well guarantee its fairly close to what everyone else that plays the game puts their points into... and either way even if someone put every single point into blade weapons then used bows... is that all it takes to cause the highest leveled zombies in the game to spawn at lvl 40?

this isnt about me fighting zombies its about which zombies are spawning at x level. id like to see anyone have a fun time with any quality gear and limited ammo when 5 irradiated zombies and 3 feral whights are rushing them

Archived