[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

The console updates,new content,it's dead. We are going to get ONE more update,and thats it...

Love how someone with absolutely no inside knowledge or authority was able to share this very critical information with us.

I'm sure there is an award for this kind of idiocy somewhere, I'm just too smart to find it.

Claire I don’t suppose you know a time frame of realise please we are all wanna hop back on 7 days too die it’s just bland at the moment so I think everyone here would appreciate it if you can give us a little information or a month an update will come out thank you

Claire is gonna tell us as soon as she knows, i'm pretty damn sure.

Btw: i'm still playing 7d2d (exclusively since Aug 2016)

I would imagine within the next year or so.

It should also be noted that four years in development is actually pretty short for a game of this nature. Usually you wouldn't have access to it until the Beta stage, but EA has changed that.

If you guys do Beta, where do you sign up for testing? If I only have console version do I get a key to plat the beta on PC until you no longer need me to test Stuff?

If so:

1. Would I be testing the Console version, as its stated here that that version is considered completed so that means the testing would be for PC correct?

2. The diagram above says there are certain restrictions and such, what are those? I can only test and then my progress is reset or I have to relinquish my Key?

If you guys do Beta, where do you sign up for testing? If I only have console version do I get a key to plat the beta on PC until you no longer need me to test Stuff?

If so:

1. Would I be testing the Console version, as its stated here that that version is considered completed so that means the testing would be for PC correct?

2. The diagram above says there are certain restrictions and such, what are those? I can only test and then my progress is reset or I have to relinquish my Key?

Console does not have a test stage whatever you want to call it. You play console version same time as everyone else when the update releases.

If you have a pc that can run the game then you have to buy the game for pc. I don't think the test phase is what you are thinking. Anyone can jump on and play the pc version. When they release update to the current alpha they are on everyone that plays pc will get that update. When they release the next alpha then everyone will get that alpha. If you come across bugs or glitches or something not doing what the developers intended then you can go to the pc section here in the forums and report it. You also can play any alpha after one of them as I don't have my computer in front of me and can't remember what alpha it is but like guessing here alpha 8 or 11 and play any of those. You can jump to the current one and play it. You don't have to move to the next update until ready but if you do then you will need to restart a new map. Be sure to copy the world you was playing if you do want to go back and play on it. Also you could download many mods that some really cool nice people have put together to spice up the game. The choice is up to you. But they don't have what I think you are talking about for either as like a testing team only thing.

please, can we keep it straight - both the pc and console versions are still in development. As much as I'd also like to have stuff like the electric system or extra zom's on console, they have to finalise them and tweak them on the pc before they can be released on console - after all, pc's are where games are written. yes, if you are impatient, then by all means switch to pc, but that doesn't guarantee that what you get is 100% ready or finished - just what is being tried out at the time. personally, I enjoy playing the current console version, and am prepared to wait for the good stuff to be ready...

please, can we keep it straight - both the pc and console versions are still in development. As much as I'd also like to have stuff like the electric system or extra zom's on console, they have to finalise them and tweak them on the pc before they can be released on console - after all, pc's are where games are written. yes, if you are impatient, then by all means switch to pc, but that doesn't guarantee that what you get is 100% ready or finished - just what is being tried out at the time. personally, I enjoy playing the current console version, and am prepared to wait for the good stuff to be ready...

The console version was sold as a full release.

Read around some please. Console is not in development. From the console team themselves said console is a finished game. They would try to match to pc as close as they can but they have no guarantee that they can keep adding more content because of the console limitations.

so no matter how you want to think or how you feel about it this isn't going to change anything. Console is a finished game. The pc and console are two different games but the same at the same time. This next big update could very well be the last update console gets while the pc keeps on going. When it comes down to it we will have to wait and see what happens. If console gets more updates great but don't get hopes up and be disappointed if it isn't able to get more.

I personally stopped playing due to constant crashes that happen every 30mins. The game will run steady starting new world up till day 2 or day 3 while splitscreening then it will crash the first time at the 2hr Mark. After I reload the game and go through the stupid settings clearing cach and so on the game will crash every 30mins. 30 mins isn't alot of time to do anything in a game. This games been out for over a year on console and it still crashes and full of bugs. Pubg been out 3 months of preview and yes there's bugs but I never crash in that game. Fix this game Please..... I type this way not out of hate but out of love for this game.

WB all !

Waou last patch of 7 days 12/13/2017 ... The game was abadonned buy TTG ?? I sell it, & i think it's a not an error.... Patch after patch, only bug correction, 0 real multi player ...

But i'm curious for this "big update"

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

Claire is there anything you can give us (information) such as what month it be released or what’s in the update or just anything please I personally think the console community has for got about the game few people have stopped playing it so this could be the update that bring 7 days to life again

Hey all, Clare can't tell us what she doesn't know.

Short answer :

She does her best to keep us in touch.

I know we are their customers, but as a former dev I also know any big update needs a lot of work ... and also uncertainty.

Claire is there anything you can give us (information) such as what month it be released or what’s in the update or just anything please

Clare can't, but a fortune teller will !

Now the long anwser :

The devs are currently working on a big PC update. They have a "to do" list. Some features will be implemented, some will be discarded or heavily modified.

So even on PC now, they can't be sure for example their cool gyrocopter will be in finished update. Having unfindable bugs or technical problems such as "this library cannot handle it without crashing anyways" on any programming is alas routine.

Once the PC update is finished, they have to select parts to pass on Iron Galaxy in order to port it to console. Only the most stable ones will be selected.

Iron Galaxy will port the patch, and may (aka will in fact) encounter difficulties doing so, so some features may be added and/or removed due to technical problems/restraints and/or headhache bugging.

Once Iron Galaxy has finished the port, they can tell Clare "you can tell your console players <features list>"

If they tell any feature before this point, they promise to deliver us, and it could backfire (aka QQ on this forum) if they can't implement it for any reason.

So please be patient, wait for the devs to work. We console users are not left behind, that's matters. We *will* have our update.

A last word (strictly gameplay speaking, bugs are another story) : instead of hyping for an update, I recommend to play the 7DTD game "as is" now, as in a few weeks or months, the update will be live and the current way of playing 7DTD will be history, you will be playing another game with the same title and the same graphics, but another gameplay.

Remember the "pre-workbench" time, we could craft things up to quality 600 and repair them to 100% with repair skill and perks maxed (and we could pick up landmines too :rapture:).

This 7DTD gameplay is now history, and there is no way to play it again. DLCs are optional, but updates are mandatory on next-gen consoles.

So enjoy the game at its current state, as in a while current gameplay will be gone for good.

Thank you for having read my opinion..

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

That is awesome news...I love 7 days to die..it's my favoritest game ...thanks

Archived