[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

There is a lot broken on PC side so don't get your hopes up. I'm honestly afraid to see what breaks when PC gets A17. All they keep showing us is all these fluff piece features that look cool, but noone is addressing the horrible AI, or the electricity problems or the fact that even the best PC in the entire world damn near seizes up when we get near a skyscraper. But hey, we get Jeep's and a gyrocopter.... Now the game will be a laggy mess in style.

Actually, they were working on those things before they started showing all the new fun stuff. Completely re-coding the engine for the latest version of Unity is no easy task either. The optimization available in the latest version of Unity will go a long ways towards fixing the bugs like what we have with electricity, minibikes, large hordes, huge buildings, and people running low-end systems.

It is in Alpha development too. Don't forget this. Many people expect it to be like a finished product when it isn't even in the Beta testing stage yet.

It's been a while since I shared this. The PC version is the green stripe...

a1dbd9c9875d1fc70ba8babda23a8915.jpg

I dont care on PC Version... This is the console section. And by the way, I dont think the picture is funny.

Please show me a console game with ALPHA status. Are you kidding me...?

It is time to provide some new content- isnt it?! "The summer update" was a joke. They are not even able to fix some bugs.

Please, get started!

Actually, they were working on those things before they started showing all the new fun stuff. Completely re-coding the engine for the latest version of Unity is no easy task either. The optimization available in the latest version of Unity will go a long ways towards fixing the bugs like what we have with electricity, minibikes, large hordes, huge buildings, and people running low-end systems.

It is in Alpha development too. Don't forget this. Many people expect it to be like a finished product when it isn't even in the Beta testing stage yet.

Entirely fair point - but dude, it's been Alpha for four years now...

Do you have a projection of when Beta is expected?

Entirely fair point - but dude, it's been Alpha for four years now...

Do you have a projection of when Beta is expected?

I would imagine within the next year or so.

It should also be noted that four years in development is actually pretty short for a game of this nature. Usually you wouldn't have access to it until the Beta stage, but EA has changed that.

Please show me a console game with ALPHA status. Are you kidding me...?

It's also "funny" that 7 Days To Die is the ONLY console game that is still in alpha stage but you can still buy it from the store as a physical version. No, it's not funny.

I don’t know if this is going off topic or in the wrong place but as it has been mentioned is the console version of this game “officially” a finished product? I know it mirrors an earlier alpha version of the PC game but it’s sold at full price and I didn’t see any mention of it being a work in progress or unfinished when I bought it. It does have some game breaking bugs which makes it feel very much like it’s still in testing but I can’t seem to work out from the forums or anywhere else if it’s supposed to be a finished game or not?

I don’t know if this is going off topic or in the wrong place but as it has been mentioned is the console version of this game “officially” a finished product? I know it mirrors an earlier alpha version of the PC game but it’s sold at full price and I didn’t see any mention of it being a work in progress or unfinished when I bought it. It does have some game breaking bugs which makes it feel very much like it’s still in testing but I can’t seem to work out from the forums or anywhere else if it’s supposed to be a finished game or not?

When it was released, it was supposed to be a finished version of Alpha 14 from the PC.

IMHO most of the issues on the console are due to Unity being relatively untested on the console, and the lack of supporting hardware specs.

The game was considered to be finished (enough to sell as a game in it's own right), however we get updates and new content (for free) as the game is developed on PC. Kinda like Minecraft is a finished game but as new stuff is created, it get released.

The game was considered to be finished (enough to sell as a game in it's own right), however we get updates and new content (for free) as the game is developed on PC. Kinda like Minecraft is a finished game but as new stuff is created, it get released.

Yelp pretty much this statement. No guarantees that any more updates will happen. Yes we at least know of one more based on this thread but after that we have no guarantees that any more will be added. So besides the bugs and such the game is technically finished on console.

Just one question realistically when can we expect the finished product?

You talking about console or pc? Console like above said is technically finsihed. They will add more if the are able from the pc version as it processes. In the mean time they try to work on bugs and such. Now for pc it might be next year or it might be the year after only the developers know. As said 4 years isn't that long in a game development stage. Then how small of a group is working on the game add that to it and it really isn't that long. My guess and this is just my personal opinion so it might be far off is that pc will be finished right before 2020 or within the first quarter of 2020. But again this is my personal guess and that is all one can really do.

I'lll point out the extremely obvious difference for us console guys.... Minecraft IS finished. 7DtD is a disaster of game breaking crashes and bugs. Attempted to play last night. 5-6 crashes in 2 hours. If you employ the workaround and the time it takes, plus the host reloading the game, sending invites, everyone else loading.... I'm not sure exactly how long we were able to play, but it wasn't very damn long.

I'lll point out the extremely obvious difference for us console guys.... Minecraft IS finished. 7DtD is a disaster of game breaking crashes and bugs. Attempted to play last night. 5-6 crashes in 2 hours. If you employ the workaround and the time it takes, plus the host reloading the game, sending invites, everyone else loading.... I'm not sure exactly how long we were able to play, but it wasn't very damn long.

Strange thing is we play for 4 to 5 hours without stopping and its rare we have an issue, if we do its normally the weather going a tad mental in pine forests where it cycles between snow and rain almost constantly

Strange thing is we play for 4 to 5 hours without stopping and its rare we have an issue, if we do its normally the weather going a tad mental in pine forests where it cycles between snow and rain almost constantly

Same here, my friends and I played all weekend a few weekends in a row for 5+ hours at a time with no issues besides some lag here and there. The only time I normally have issues is when my internet acting up or some seeds names do tend to act up but if that happens you find out pretty quickly within the first game week. This is of course ps4 I know xbox tends to have more problems.

Yeah, we are on Xbox One and the more players you have the worse it tends to be. Unfortunately, I'm not the host so I'm not sure that he is hard booting the machine before we start every time. Last night with 4 in game it crashed 6-7 minutes after starting. Then we made it close to an hour but it crashed 2/3 through a blood moon. Thankfully the MD5 resets have been less frequent on this run. Hopefully our luck holds out on this at least.

I am thankful that the devs are still working on the console version.

I would LOVE to agree with this...... but if ti is still technically in Alpha and not even in Beta yet, then they shouldnt be selling it on another platform as a finished product. Console version was sold as a finished product if im not mistaken, so they should be focusing on fixiing known issues a little harder on something they are selling as a FINISHED PRODUCT. At this point im sure plenty of people would love for the bugs to be fixed over adding more content. I am definitely tired of getting booted from the game every 2 hours

I would LOVE to agree with this...... but if ti is still technically in Alpha and not even in Beta yet, then they shouldnt be selling it on another platform as a finished product. Console version was sold as a finished product if im not mistaken, so they should be focusing on fixiing known issues a little harder on something they are selling as a FINISHED PRODUCT. At this point im sure plenty of people would love for the bugs to be fixed over adding more content. I am definitely tired of getting booted from the game every 2 hours

You are correct. The version that shipped for console was considered "finished enough." I assume iron galaxy was given the challenging task to convert and bug test for console. Given its one of the only games of its type on console, im sure it has been a lot of new learning.

One could argue, the game should have not ported to console until the PC version was released. However, the decision was made to do so sooner. This of course has some positives and negatives.

Wasn't the console build sold as a finished Alpha 14 product with the possibility of A15 and any subsequent build features being added in the future? If so then the console did get a content finished build (as of Alpha 14).

You have to really love the game to play it on xbox. I don't want to be rude, but selling it for 30$ with this md5 crash makes me angry. Im not even playing on xbox but this have to be illegal. Seriously

I do play on xbox and the fact i have lost so much when these devs havent pulled there head out of were ever its stuck pisses me off i absolutely hate the fact they rushed the release of a product as that graph showed still in CONCEPT respect lost man straight up i wont touch the game till i see a announcement from the devs stating the problems are worked out and that we console players are on equal terms with PC. I find it even more bull♥♥♥♥ that developers still favor the PC over console all im sharing on the matter

I do play on xbox and the fact i have lost so much when these devs havent pulled there head out of were ever its stuck pisses me off i absolutely hate the fact they rushed the release of a product as that graph showed still in CONCEPT respect lost man straight up i wont touch the game till i see a announcement from the devs stating the problems are worked out and that we console players are on equal terms with PC. I find it even more bull♥♥♥♥ that developers still favor the PC over console all im sharing on the matter

Then I guess you will be waiting for ever then. The developers are not even working on console. It wasn't them that brought it to console a different company did. So they are not favoring anything they are simply working on what they started from the start. I don't know why some think pc gets better treatment and when they do they favor them and so on. Console has limitations and only so much can be done. Pc has loads more lead way and easier to work with. It is what it is so it isn't personal it is just a fact. I have all kinds of consoles and a pc and understand the difference. But anyway besides all that the main point of this was that the actual developers are not working on the console so technically they are not favoring anyone. TT and IG are not the developers they are more the porters so they are over and running the console side but they are not the developers either. So technically console side doesn't have developers if you look at that way.

Archived