[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

I would like to finally be able to see structures from a distance like the pc version. How cool would it be to see one of your builds from a distance Especially a mega build.

Alpha 16 is broken on pc. The AI’s need to be fixed. It would make the console version go crazy. Lag would be even worse.

I would like to finally be able to see structures from a distance like the pc version. How cool would it be to see one of your builds from a distance Especially a mega build.

Alpha 16 is broken on pc. The AI’s need to be fixed. It would make the console version go crazy. Lag would be even worse.

But you can't see personal builds from far away. If I tare down a building and build my own and get so far away the building I tore down ia what still shows up from a distance. At lrast vanilla version does anyway. If I don't build anything in its place but still tore it down a building still shows up from a distance away. Maybe it will change down the road but last I played on the pc it was working like this.

But you can't see personal builds from far away. If I tare down a building and build my own and get so far away the building I tore down ia what still shows up from a distance. At lrast vanilla version does anyway. If I don't build anything in its place but still tore it down a building still shows up from a distance away. Maybe it will change down the road but last I played on the pc it was working like this.

Afaik it is. There are even two ways:

1.) let a second player be by the build (not in splitscreen, cause there's fog) or,

2.) call in screamers by your build and run away. As long the screamers are active your build should be in sight.

Afaik it is. There are even two ways:

1.) let a second player be by the build (not in splitscreen, cause there's fog) or,

2.) call in screamers by your build and run away. As long the screamers are active your build should be in sight.

I guess if you want to look at your building bad enough you can do it these two ways but even then for the console you still wouldn't be able to get that far away before even these two ideas wouldn't work. you could get a little far but not as far as one could if on the pc due to the limitations. But I guess we shall see when the time comes.

I did it! Bought a pc. I'm the same as you, don't know jack about them. But if you look up the recommended specs to run 7dtd and show them to an "expert" (i.e. a best buy salesperson) they should be able to help. I got an amazing gaming laptop for $600. And I'm now elbows deep in A16 and LOVING it

I did it! Bought a pc. I'm the same as you, don't know jack about them. But if you look up the recommended specs to run 7dtd and show them to an "expert" (i.e. a best buy salesperson) they should be able to help. I got an amazing gaming laptop for $600. And I'm now elbows deep in A16 and LOVING it

That's great, don't forget you can change a lot of stuff about the game in the files. If you have any questions about how just post in the pc section and just explain what you need help and someone will help you with what to do. Or you can just play straight up vanilla version with no modification it is up to you. Also if you are up for it down the road check out some mods you can download if your laptop can handle them. Again if your not sure just ask someone will let you know. One last thing I can advise on real fast is if you are not ready to jump to the next update make sure you opt out of it until you are ready to start a new world and make sure to save the game files for back up. Have fun and hope you keep loving it.

Thank you for the tips. Yea I'm going to run through vanilla first, enjoy what I've missed on console for the past year (new POI's, zeds, electricity, etc). I want to take my time and enjoy it. I've put in well over 500 hours on console so even the summer update fizzled out quick for me. I got a pretty good gaming laptop from what I understand, so I'm def looking into mods down the road. I might snatch up Big Bag and SMX....

But I guess it's time to head over to the PC section. :-/ i will never get rid of my Xbox and will come back to you guys when we get the next update! Enjoy your wood/stone farming while you can, guys (and spam crafting, if that's your thing lol)

Kommen noch Updates Für 7DtD ?

Hello dev team i Wounder that the pc version are so mutch more stuff have as The Console version my question its still Working on a update from the Console version ?

And sorry for my bad Englisch :(( I Hope you know what i will say:(

Hello dev team i Wounder that the pc version are so mutch more stuff have as The Console version my question its still Working on a update from the Console version ?

And sorry for my bad Englisch :(( I Hope you know what i will say:(

Ja mindestens 1 update kommt noch, das wird aber noch ein paar Monate dauern. Da die Leistung der Konsolen aber schlechter ist bleibt offen was wir kriegen von der pc version.

What i I find stupid is that you need an auger blade to make an auger blade. But that's me.

That was my first thought, then I found out that recipe is not to actually create an auger blade, but to increase the quality of one you already have. If I remember correctly, that is not explained in the tooltip.

*EDIT* Correction; I did a quick Google search on the Auger Blade and the crafting window for the Workbench has this description: "Used to assemble an Auger. If your science skill is high enough you can recraft and improve it at the workbench." It seems like that description doesn't quite concisely indicate that the Auger Blade recipe is an upgrade rather than a product, but that is the case.

Ja mindestens 1 update kommt noch, das wird aber noch ein paar Monate dauern. Da die Leistung der Konsolen aber schlechter ist bleibt offen was wir kriegen von der pc version.

Es hنngt nicht wirklich von der Leistung der Konsolen ab. Allein die Gegner, die noch fehlen, spielen rechentechnisch keine Rolle, sie bestehen nur aus Werten, Texturen und ein bisschen KI. Die meisten anderen Dinge sind Objektmodelle, das Stromsystem ist auch nur simpelste Mathematik. Keiner kann mir erzنhlen, das sei technisch nicht drin. Die Konsolenversion wirft einfach weniger ab und ist mit weniger Hintergrundkapital gesegnet. Und daran sind teils auch die Deals im Playstation Store oder auf dem XB Marktplatz schuld. Halbierter Preis bedeutet auch halbierte Einnahmen.

It does not depend on the console's power. Enemies, objects, blocks and the electricity system are not more than some values (which means numbers), textures, some AI, just simple math.

No one can tell me a tale about consoles which are not powerful enough to run the ♥♥♥♥.

The PC developers have more money to care about the PC version but the console developers have less money because the console version is not the important one unfortunately. And the price drops on PSN and XB Marketplace reduce their money pool. Half the price, half the money to boost the game.

Es hنngt nicht wirklich von der Leistung der Konsolen ab. Allein die Gegner, die noch fehlen, spielen rechentechnisch keine Rolle, sie bestehen nur aus Werten, Texturen und ein bisschen KI. Die meisten anderen Dinge sind Objektmodelle, das Stromsystem ist auch nur simpelste Mathematik. Keiner kann mir erzنhlen, das sei technisch nicht drin. Die Konsolenversion wirft einfach weniger ab und ist mit weniger Hintergrundkapital gesegnet. Und daran sind teils auch die Deals im Playstation Store oder auf dem XB Marktplatz schuld. Halbierter Preis bedeutet auch halbierte Einnahmen.

It does not depend on the console's power. Enemies, objects, blocks and the electricity system are not more than some values (which means numbers), textures, some AI, just simple math.

No one can tell me a tale about consoles which are not powerful enough to run the ♥♥♥♥.

The PC developers have more money to care about the PC version but the console developers have less money because the console version is not the important one unfortunately. And the price drops on PSN and XB Marketplace reduce their money pool. Half the price, half the money to boost the game.

Actually, we can tell you a tale about console which are not powerful enough. And you're right, most of the issue is simple math. The console doesn't have the hardware to keep up with all of the math that is going on.

I covered this in great detail here, and also a bit more over here.

I will warn you though, it can get a bit technical; and you have to actually read the whole thing.

You can deny the facts all you want to. Pray to your digital gods if you wish. It won't change the hard fact that the console currently does not have the CPU power to run everything that is on the PC version.

Now, if they can optimize the game engine (Unity) on the console better like they have recently on the PC, then you will be able to start seeing more game features on the console.

As it sits right now though, adding these things isn't going to do anything except take your FPS down into the single digits or crash your system.

Also, this is an English speaking forum, so please keep your posts in English.

Actually, we can tell you a tale about console which are not powerful enough. And you're right, most of the issue is simple math. The console doesn't have the hardware to keep up with all of the math that is going on.

I will warn you though, it can get a bit technical; and you have to actually read the whole thing.

You can deny the facts all you want to. Pray to your digital gods if you wish. It won't change the hard fact that the console currently does not have the CPU power to run everything that is on the PC version.

Now, if they can optimize the game engine (Unity) on the console better like they have recently on the PC, then you will be able to start seeing more game features on the console.

As it sits right now though, adding these things isn't going to do anything except take your FPS down into the single digits or crash your system.

I have read it and I agree with you that it is about missing optimization of the U Engine on the consoles. This might be a tough thing for the developers and it will take time to get it running perfectly (if possible) but it definately is possible to get the features running. For me it was okay to reduce graphics quality to save CPU/GPU power ot something like that as long as the features find their way into the game. PS4 Pro and XBOX 1X will be powerful enough in any case if it becomes optimized well enough and with poorer graphics it should be possible to have it running on PS4/XB1.

The post in German was translated into English right below. It was the same text in German and in English.

I have read it and I agree with you that it is about missing optimization of the U Engine on the consoles. This might be a tough thing for the developers and it will take time to get it running perfectly (if possible) but it definately is possible to get the features running. For me it was okay to reduce graphics quality to save CPU/GPU power ot something like that as long as the features find their way into the game. PS4 Pro and XBOX 1X will be powerful enough in any case if it becomes optimized well enough and with poorer graphics it should be possible to have it running on PS4/XB1.

The post in German was translated into English right below. It was the same text in German and in English.

The xbox one x has an improved GPU, 7DTD is a CPU intensive game not GPU. Sylenthunder is correct.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086

quotes from article:

"The graphics processor (GPU) in the PS4 Pro – that’s the bit that generates the 3D graphics in games – is just over twice as powerful as that in the PS4. Sony’s also upgraded the processor, which handles things like physics and artificial intelligence in games.

Sony claims the new PS4 Pro can run at 4.2 teraflops, compared to the 1.84 teraflops of the original PS4

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086#QESL1r4jfoEfJShG.99"

While I agree that even with the new specs, PS4 pro will not meet the "recommended" Quad Core setup of PC, that the ram is short, but there is no way that that explains the shortness of 7dtd for console.

Imho, of course, it is far more reasonable to expect that the red-tape by SONY/M-Soft, and their respective system processes that causes problems and slows development. It is not a lack of power, but simply the amount of hoops that need to be jumped through to get anything done with a highly regulated, patented, and copyrighted system.

Umm...they never said we were or were not getting everything that pc has, in fact we have things the pc version doesnt, like split screen. The reason pc has more stuff now is because they arent releasing the new betas on console, for hopefully obvious porting reasons. So until they are actually done updating and actually have a full release on pc might be best to reserve those judgements. Just my 2 cents.

Archived