[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

i play both pc and xbox. paid for 5 copies. ok sometimes it crashes. but each copy cost the same as a bottle of spirits - less in fact. what do you expect? ive had way more entertainment than i should expect per $ spent. md5 crash from what i hear is a m$ limitation.

it will get better, be patient.

for those who bang on about their 7dtd woes remember also at the end of the day its just a game.

meantime..

those of you who still have zits, attend to your school work

those who are too young to have zits, go outside and ride your bikes

those who have outgrown zits, well, grow up

expectations in general are too high. enjoy what comes. otherwise do your own thing somewhere else and quit complaining.

go back 30 years you would be lucky to get 1 new game per month worldwide.

who stole my walking frame! im gonna beat them with my cane!

I do play on xbox and the fact i have lost so much when these devs havent pulled there head out of were ever its stuck pisses me off i absolutely hate the fact they rushed the release of a product as that graph showed still in CONCEPT respect lost man straight up i wont touch the game till i see a announcement from the devs stating the problems are worked out and that we console players are on equal terms with PC. I find it even more bull♥♥♥♥ that developers still favor the PC over console all im sharing on the matter

Hint: They aren't the same developers.

The Fun Pimps make the PC version.

Telltale came to The Fun Pimps asking to make a version for the console.

Telltale hired Iron Galaxy to develop the console version.

Iron Galaxy develops the game for the console.

The Fun Pimps develop the game for the PC.

So there is no "favor" of one over the other. They are two completely separate development teams in different companies.

Hint: They aren't the same developers.

The Fun Pimps make the PC version.

Telltale came to The Fun Pimps asking to make a version for the console.

Telltale hired Iron Galaxy to develop the console version. (A developer with an already questionable track record.)

Iron Galaxy develops the game for the console.

The Fun Pimps develop the game for the PC.

So there is no "favor" of one over the other. They are two completely separate development teams in different companies.

THIS! ^

That’s the problem with subcontractors, when you load up the game you see Telltale’s logo, TFP’s logo and Iron Galaxy’s logo - whilst we may know from digging on these forums what the story is; if someone is dissatisfied with a product it reflects badly on all concerned and ultimately there has to be some level of responsibility taken when you farm out work to other people that your own reputation is going to be at risk if they do a bad job.

I still think this is an awesome game, I don’t expect or demand all the features the PC version has, I didn’t buy the PC version but I don’t feel I got value for money for a game with such major bugs being released as ‘finished’ and full price.

I dont care. We dont need finger-pointing. This is all bla bla. "Community Manager" and "Community Moderator" and excuses and explanations and all that sh*t we dont need any longer.... We need bugfixing and answers!

Telltale sells a game as FINISHED and many people dont have any nice experience with this game - that must be enough as an argument...? No...?

They can not say that they have fun with their own game and that they are proud of it...?

Money, money, money.....

I dont care. We dont need finger-pointing. This is all bla bla. "Community Manager" and "Community Moderator" and excuses and explanations and all that sh*t we dont need any longer.... We need bugfixing and answers!

Telltale sells a game as FINISHED and many people dont have any nice experience with this game - that must be enough as an argument...? No...?

They can not say that they have fun with their own game and that they are proud of it...?

Money, money, money.....

Ok, but they are working on bug fixes.

While I don't know a ton about programming, I know enough to understand that a lotnof working parts can result in a lot of bugs. I also know that adding new content can create more bugs. And some times, fixing a bug can cause more bugs. Simply put, fixing bugs take time. Every single patch, and addition pushed out on console has included bug fixes.

And no one is finger pointing when we explain who is working on what. It is a simple explanation to clear up misinformation. The Fun Pimps, Telltale, and Iron Galaxy all work together to bring us content for console, however, the heavy lifting is really done by Iron Galaxy. Though if Telltale really wanted to milk the game, they could have charged us for new content, like last year when new blocks and POIs were added, but they are not.

And for all intent and purposes, the console version is finished. It is based on a stable version the alpha PC game. And there are plenty of people that enjoy the game on console. If not, there would not be active forums complete with a builder's challenge.

i play both pc and xbox. paid for 5 copies. ok sometimes it crashes. but each copy cost the same as a bottle of spirits - less in fact. what do you expect? ive had way more entertainment than i should expect per $ spent. md5 crash from what i hear is a m$ limitation.

it will get better, be patient.

for those who bang on about their 7dtd woes remember also at the end of the day its just a game.

meantime..

those of you who still have zits, attend to your school work

those who are too young to have zits, go outside and ride your bikes

those who have outgrown zits, well, grow up

expectations in general are too high. enjoy what comes. otherwise do your own thing somewhere else and quit complaining.

go back 30 years you would be lucky to get 1 new game per month worldwide.

who stole my walking frame! im gonna beat them with my cane!

limitation mean what? But we live in the year 2018. What are those arguments? A cheap prize is no excuse for an unplayable error. What do you mean with what do you expect? What do you mean with those who have/are? Are you serious? Why approved ms this to sell? If a company need money to realise this project they shoud'nt realise it. Do you want an expired bottle of juice that taste like dog♥♥♥♥ because it's cheap? Because it's juice? Because you're an adult? Wtf? xbox users paid for it to play it.

limitation mean what? But we live in the year 2018. What are those arguments? A cheap prize is no excuse for an unplayable error. What do you mean with what do you expect? What do you mean with those who have/are? Are you serious? Why approved ms this to sell? If a company need money to realise this project they shoud'nt realise it. Do you want an expired bottle of juice that taste like dog♥♥♥♥ because it's cheap? Because it's juice? Because you're an adult? Wtf? xbox users paid for it to play it.
Limitation in this respect means that it is an issue with how the console processes data.

Another limitation is that we live in the year 2018, but the hardware in our consoles is from 2010, and even then it was only mediocre equipment in the computing world.

Being in the year 2018 has also allowed developers to be more free with releases. No longer do you have to wait until a product is 99% bug free before shipping. You can ship with it 95% ready, and continue working on bugs. This means the ability to release titles earlier, and faster in a very competitive market.

I'm not saying it's right, but thanks to the internet and mass storage, it's possible.

i think this whole scenario went like this..... tell tale games are a publisher of a series of games called the walking dead. being a publisher of games their sole purpose is to make as much money as possible and they saw an opportunity to make some extra cash selling skins of their characters from their walking dead series but they needed a game that this could be done with.

They saw an unfinished game called 7 days to die being developed for the pc still in early access and though "hey this is the ideal game for us to use" and so a deal was struck.

Now they needed a developer that does console ports and came up with Iron Galaxy.. not the best... but hey they are competent and cheaper than the rest so we will make even more money on this deal....

And so the Game 7 days to die (based on an unfinished, bug riddled, unoptimised "Alpha" build) was born and released and telltale could sit back and watch all that lovely cash roll in.

Unfortunately they didnt anticipate the console gamers reaction of buying a broken mess and being a bit peeved at the whole thing. the console gamers had no way of voicing this to telltale or iron galaxy because neither have any type of support apart from directing you to the fun pimps forum, where they come shouting and screaming at the fun pimps to fix their broken game that they paid their hard earned cash to buy only to be told "stfu and go complain elsewhere to telltale and iron galaxy coz they are responsible for this game " so the console part was set up for console players to vent their spleen lol

now to their credit both telltale and iron galaxy are trying to fix the situation and the broken game and trying to keep it updated to its PC counterpart. which is no mean feat considering the PC version of the game is constantly changing and will do till its finally released whenever that may be.

Will the console version ever be the same as the pc version? who knows? consoles are woefully underpowered for this game but developers do find ways of squeezing that extra bit of something out of consoles and we can only hope that iron galaxy finds a way. the game is slowly being fixed and hasn't be abandoned which is a plus lol Game development takes a long time.

I think that the decision to release on consoles has bitten them badly on the arse and the people who are solely responsible are telltale who saw a cash cow for selling DLC for characters you'll never see outside of multiplayer.....

BUT i could be totally wrong and am just a cynical old fart :D

...they didnt anticipate the console gamers reaction of buying a broken mess...

Don't get wrong, they DID, but they didn't care at all.

PS4/X1 has allowed PC games and mentality to come to (prey ?) upon consoles, including selling half-finished, unfinished or buggy products.

We console users cannot consider any console game as safe to buy since PS4/X1 went out.

For those who like the old console way of playing (aka bug-free games), we must use extreme caution and research BEFORE buying any game.

And there are a lot of games worse than 7DTD : Demolition Company, Island Flight Simulator, Professional Farmer 2017, Dragon Fin Soup, just to name a few I've bought and raged upon !

Yes, 7DTD is buggy, unfinished, but developers have not left us alone, they are still working on the game.

That's why 7DTD is different from the others bugged games on consoles.

As a cynical point of view, you have now two choices :

- Play the game "as is", thanking devs for having released such a game so early (so you can play it now anyway), and enduring bugs + cursing PC unfinished games mentality coming to consoles

- Wait for the game to be "bug free", and do not touch it before this time. It can take months, or years. If devs had followed this path, the game would be in pre-order status with release date : "soon".

---------------------------

Personal note : I play games since 1980 on TRS-80 Model I, I saw the PC birth, I played hundred of games on PC, I used to cheat on most of them ... just in order to finish them as they were bugged/untested/unbalanced

Even AAA games were a mess if you planned to play them completely from A to Z.

(Example of an AAA game : I was one of the few able to successfully T-bomb the Kilrathi planet in Wing Commander IV, after around 70-80 tries to avoid the never-ending enemy waves bug !)

So I know very well what I call "the PC mentality".

I was glad to see those problems didn't exist on consoles ... for a time ...

I know I said before 7dtd needs some more work, but I just want to stay positive and hope this next BIG update is really the big changer to the game.

So on topic of the new we have now here’s my list of what I’d like changed.

*Zombie pathing/animations

*Better draw distances

*Better control with the aiming/movement

*not rectangle towns maybe what we see in A16

Anything else is just added content, always appreciated but my main hopes are for quality of life improvements, graphics and AI improvements.

Anyone else have any hopes or speculation on what we could get?

its still just a game. i find it staggering that some get wound up so badly. the cost is a couple of lottery tickets. a quarter of a night out. 2 movie tickets.

what we will end up with will be such fantastic fun and fantastic value. all we need is patience. today i picked 5 kg of blackberries with the kids at the river, made a batch of tomatoe sauce and cut a log into 16 lengths of 6x2. and played games. perspective people...

its still just a game. i find it staggering that some get wound up so badly. the cost is a couple of lottery tickets. a quarter of a night out. 2 movie tickets.

what we will end up with will be such fantastic fun and fantastic value. all we need is patience. today i picked 5 kg of blackberries with the kids at the river, made a batch of tomatoe sauce and cut a log into 16 lengths of 6x2. and played games. perspective people...

Well said man....well said! I feel as I more than got my money's worth for this game ($25 with Amazon prime preorder when the game launched).

No it's not perfect by any means but I've poured HOURS into this game & have loved every minute. I do feel for my pissed off Xbox brethren as they for the most part do get the feel that this game is broken & unfinished. I play on PS4 (luckily) and am not plagued by half of said bugs.

We do know there is another update coming, let's all hope for the best and no doubt they'll be tackling more bug issues.

I'm super stoked to see what new content we get....FOR FREE...... may I add!! This game is so awesome & I've loved seeing it grow & am excited to continue seeing it grow!

i think this whole scenario went like this..... tell tale games are a publisher of a series of games called the walking dead. being a publisher of games their sole purpose is to make as much money as possible and they saw an opportunity to make some extra cash selling skins of their characters from their walking dead series but they needed a game that this could be done with.

They saw an unfinished game called 7 days to die being developed for the pc still in early access and though "hey this is the ideal game for us to use" and so a deal was struck.

Now they needed a developer that does console ports and came up with Iron Galaxy.. not the best... but hey they are competent and cheaper than the rest so we will make even more money on this deal....

And so the Game 7 days to die (based on an unfinished, bug riddled, unoptimised "Alpha" build) was born and released and telltale could sit back and watch all that lovely cash roll in.

Unfortunately they didnt anticipate the console gamers reaction of buying a broken mess and being a bit peeved at the whole thing. the console gamers had no way of voicing this to telltale or iron galaxy because neither have any type of support apart from directing you to the fun pimps forum, where they come shouting and screaming at the fun pimps to fix their broken game that they paid their hard earned cash to buy only to be told "stfu and go complain elsewhere to telltale and iron galaxy coz they are responsible for this game " so the console part was set up for console players to vent their spleen lol

now to their credit both telltale and iron galaxy are trying to fix the situation and the broken game and trying to keep it updated to its PC counterpart. which is no mean feat considering the PC version of the game is constantly changing and will do till its finally released whenever that may be.

Will the console version ever be the same as the pc version? who knows? consoles are woefully underpowered for this game but developers do find ways of squeezing that extra bit of something out of consoles and we can only hope that iron galaxy finds a way. the game is slowly being fixed and hasn't be abandoned which is a plus lol Game development takes a long time.

I think that the decision to release on consoles has bitten them badly on the arse and the people who are solely responsible are telltale who saw a cash cow for selling DLC for characters you'll never see outside of multiplayer.....

BUT i could be totally wrong and am just a cynical old fart :D

I woud'nt call you that. The walking dead skins fit to 7dtd, I would buy them If I could see them but I can't. NukemDed I understand you, I paid 10$ and had much fun with it, and I'm not done playing. I would be ok with it if they announce today that they finished the game, but they're not. That is a lot of money they spend on this upcoming update. I wanted to play a survival game for a long time and I am finally. I watched many yt videos to find a game, until I saw this weird looking game called 7dt2. It is exactly what I was looking for. I just love that the map doesn't load because the mini bike is too fast. You know what I mean if you feel the same. But again NukemDed imo they just can't sell the game for 30 $ if it deletes the game saves. Especially when it's a game that you play one houndred hours to build and get startet. Where is the fun if I have to start again at day 1? Again, why do you compare this with lottery tickets or money? You may be a happy person with kids but lottery tickets have nothing to do with an error they never spoke about. Would you pay half the price of the movie ticket for 30 minutes watching because that is fair in price/enjoyment? Maybe I am overreacting I don't know exactly how often this error happens but they should have at least sell it as an early access game or for 10$ because this error have a huge influence on the experience. I am okay with alphas. They open opportunity's but this.. idk. Did they ever said that the game have this error? They sold it as a finished product that is my problem. And who knows when this will be fixed? Soory If you could'nt follow me German here

hey unbeatable. i can follow your conversation fine :-)

the money side was an attempt to compare the actual cost we paid for this against similar priced discretional entertainment spends thats all. we both agree i think that we are getting value.

believe me i get frustrated with the world resets - i had a collection of almost every weapon and tool at 600 in a chest that simply vanished along with many chests packed full of resources. it was my long haul game - all gone.

but i have faith in a resolution will come. right now the people who seem to know what they are talking about are putting tje md5 crashes on not having a big enough save game file due to m$ policies. i dont see much about it on ps4 and on pc i havent had it happen for a very long time, so hopefully they will be able to overcome the m$ angle.

very windy today, too dangerous under the trees so startes another world on xbox. apparently a world totally deviod of mechanical parts.....

hey unbeatable. i can follow your conversation fine :-)

the money side was an attempt to compare the actual cost we paid for this against similar priced discretional entertainment spends thats all. we both agree i think that we are getting value.

believe me i get frustrated with the world resets - i had a collection of almost every weapon and tool at 600 in a chest that simply vanished along with many chests packed full of resources. it was my long haul game - all gone.

but i have faith in a resolution will come. right now the people who seem to know what they are talking about are putting tje md5 crashes on not having a big enough save game file due to m$ policies. i dont see much about it on ps4 and on pc i havent had it happen for a very long time, so hopefully they will be able to overcome the m$ angle.

very windy today, too dangerous under the trees so startes another world on xbox. apparently a world totally deviod of mechanical parts.....

What a loss! We are not alone here and the dev's are maybe reading this so, I think they are happy to see you showing understanding. A little respect from my side. Have a good day

I love my console and 7dtd on it.... but I'm breaking down and buying a computer this week. A17 looks like it's gonna be a blast

This is what im considering doing also. But i know jack s*** about what to buy, whats best/affordable. Im gonna do some research today. I have a ps4. Im a single player gamer. Dont do much online gaming. When i was a kid, my parents wouldn't allow gaming systems or a computer in the house. Very strict. Im now 31yo and have been gaming for 4-5 years. I feel like im missing out on some good video games out there on pc like 7dtd. But i feel like an idiot when looking at computers to buy. I have a budget of about 500$ If anyone has any suggestions or opinions, thanks. And sorry if i Shouldn't have posted this. I love 7dtd and cant wait for the new goodies man.

This is what im considering doing also. But i know jack s*** about what to buy, whats best/affordable. Im gonna do some research today. I have a ps4. Im a single player gamer. Dont do much online gaming. When i was a kid, my parents wouldn't allow gaming systems or a computer in the house. Very strict. Im now 31yo and have been gaming for 4-5 years. I feel like im missing out on some good video games out there on pc like 7dtd. But i feel like an idiot when looking at computers to buy. I have a budget of about 500$ If anyone has any suggestions or opinions, thanks. And sorry if i Shouldn't have posted this. I love 7dtd and cant wait for the new goodies man.

New Ryzen 3 2200g apu $99

Archived