[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

Gazz also has a point, though. We all need to remember that IG is still just a group of people who have mouths to feed, mortgages to pay, etc. I agree that they should be trying to provide the best product they can but how do you know they're not actually doing that? Do you know how to fix the MD5 errors? If they were easy to fix do you not think that they would have already? They have made a lot of progress towards trying to make the game more stable and IG have not charged a cent for any updates that they have provided. While I get that the games stability is frustrating for many here, please do bear this in mind.

As an aside, I have never experienced an MD5 error. The game did crash after about 2.5 hours of multiplay, but that was some time ago and I haven't seen it happen much recently. I have to admit that, these days, I play a lot of single player 7DTD and I don;t do extensive restructuring of the landscape. I tend to upgrade existing POI's rather than build my own. Maybe this is the reason for the apparent stability I have experienced. I have made some reasonable modifications to the prison, such as gutting the interior space, double lining the exterior walls, closing off ground floor entry/exit and constructing a drawbridge. Got a small farm going on the inside too. It's not extensive mods but it has created a nice safe home for me.

Perhaps it's this lack of terrain modification, maybe I'm just lucky. I don't know. What I do know is that I paid a mere $40-odd for this game and am still enjoying hours of fun playing it (on Xbox). I'm hanging out for the new update as much as all of you are and, if our suspicions are correct about its content, I'm very excited about it. I really would like to come to this site, though, and see more constructive posts than pages and pages of complaining. We get it; your unhappy. Instead of just talking about it, do something about it. Play something else while we await the update, keep playing with the situation as it stands for now, give up on 7DTD entirely, whatever, just please let's try to make these forums the fun, enjoyable place they were when I joined them.

Peace to you all and may your apocalypse be grand.

You are talking about MD5 like it's a problem created by players.

It's not.

They could've either fixed it, or provide manual saving.

They didn't fix it because they don't know how, which should've lead to implementing a manual save.

This would also fix this gamebreaking bug.

They decided it's too much work.

So all complaints here are valid.

And at the level of adding dedicated servers? Do you have more or less long term to add ??

Because for me, it's the multi-player that interests me (PvP and bunker raid) ...

Currently doing PvP 4 players is not very practical given the size of the map ...

I am fully aware that this at a cost, but it could bring a wind of freshness to the console version and a little more difficulty, because we should protect ourselves against zombies and against other players (for PvP servers, not for PvE)

There is a sticky thread with some information here....

[h=3]Sticky: Dedicated Servers or Increased Player Count on Console or Split Screen MP[/h]

It should also be noted that the game is not designed for PvP, and there is little interest in supporting it. On the PC side, they have said that they may work on some balancing for it after beta, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

The smaller map is probably due to the amount of disk space your save would take up if it were larger. PC saves can be in the realm of 12-20GB per gamesave for a random map.

Most of the console games average only 25MB used for a game save.

Any way we can get a time frame for the next update yet? My friend and I love this game, but there's only so much of doing the same thing one can take. It doesn't help much either when I try to tell other friends about the game and they get excited when they watch pc players and I have to explain that the console is so far behind just turns them away. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to sound naggy, I just want to be on somewhat the same playing field as pc. Even just new locations would be nice to have.

Even on PC after time you only can do so much before you keep doing the same things this is where people go with mods and such to spice the game up. Unfortunately console will not do mods. I understand what you are saying but when the game is out of alpha and is gold not real sure how much more will be added and then the game will be what it is. Console isn't going to be able to keep up with all the things PC has or gets because of its limitations. Not sure what this unity update (if that is what this is) will do for console and how much it will help towards being able to add more stuff but we will have to wait and see I guess.

Is it possible to have a few words of feedback regarding this next upcoming update?

It is possible, however unlikely until the team is ready to share what they are working on.

To be honest, I've moved on I think a bbn lot of people have. I was able to get.my money's worth so I'm not upset, just done.

when the game was updated

I have been playing this game for a while and it has me hooked but I have tried the PC version and it shows differences that it is a pity that we can not enjoy the console users. I observe that the evolution of this game is slow but even more so the evolution in console

There is a sticky thread with some information here....

[h=3]Sticky: Dedicated Servers or Increased Player Count on Console or Split Screen MP[/h]

It should also be noted that the game is not designed for PvP, and there is little interest in supporting it. On the PC side, they have said that they may work on some balancing for it after beta, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

The smaller map is probably due to the amount of disk space your save would take up if it were larger. PC saves can be in the realm of 12-20GB per gamesave for a random map.

Most of the console games average only 25MB used for a game save.

Ty Sylen ! I check your post ;)

moved on for now

It soo bad that this company has decided that keeping things quiet and not even giving any news on what they are working on is bad business. They obviously stopped caring about this community. At least the pc version gets updates every other week including videos on youtube, but yet the console devs rather not say anything. This community of passionate people are awesome and really care about the state of the game on console, but I think enough is enough. Good luck everyone, because this company for the console version had moved on to better things. I bet there is only a handful of people working on the console version

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt they say like a year ago that they were going to have more communication with us? One message in a year is not enough.

this company is horrible in communication. and i wish we had a better company working on the game than these guys.

It's not.

Never once stated that they are. I totally concur that the MD5 errors are game related, not player. In fact I even stated: "Perhaps it's this lack of terrain modification, maybe I'm just lucky. I don't know."

It just seems that the common thread as to the cause may be the extent of terrain modification.

They didn't fix it because they don't know how,

That's almost the point I was making when I said... "If they were easy to fix do you not think that they would have already?"

I don't know the developers, let alone what they're thinking or their business plan is, however, I'm sure they know how they could fix it IF they were able to make wholesale changes to fundamental aspects of the games design. I don;t know the contract they have with TFP in this regard, though, so all I can do is speculate that they don't have the authority to do that. After all 7DTD is not the intellectual property of Iron Giant or Telltale, and before we go blaming TFP's for it we'd need to fully understand the requirements the Microsoft place on the saving operations for their platform.

which should've lead to implementing a manual save.

I respectfully disagree. I think if they could have a free hand to fix they pot3entially would have by now. Again, just speculation on my part as I don;t know all the inner workings, but I feel certain that this is not something they have consciously put into "file 13".

So all complaints here are valid.

I would never consider impugning anyone's right to expressing their opinion. My post was intended to temper the line of thought that was seeming to snowball, that all the party's involved in bringing 7DTD to console (in particular Xbox as that is my personal experience) are just out to make a quick buck off people and don;t care about their product or their customers. Personally, I don;t believe that's true for a second. It's my opinion that the developers are just regular people like you and I trying to do the best they can with what they have and what they're allowed.

I agree that all complaints are valid, but they can be expressed in a manner which is still respectful in nature and not inflammatory or demeaning. I didn't ask anyone to put their issues aside. All I asked for was to see these forums return to the fun place they used to be. I may or may not get my wish but I will not stop trying to help maintain a calm atmosphere here. I think it's worth making that effort.

cant ♥♥♥♥ing wait to get those freaking things they have in the pc versions like electricity and all thoses traps soo i guess we all should just stop playing and ♥♥♥♥ that game lets play fortnite and other games that the devs care about so they update it weekly damn this really sucks cause this could be a great game if it were complete .... and nowhere on the box it says that its an early access game never would have bought it if i knew back then so just to tell you all DEV that you are probably the worse team !goodbye and have fun with that ♥♥♥♥ty game

It's not.

They didn't fix it because they don't know how, which should've lead to implementing a manual save.

This problem is the direct result of Microsony not allowing the game to use enough HDD space to save the game normally - like it does on the PC version.

How do you do a "manual save" if you are not allowed to save it to the HDD? Do you use pencil and paper?

I don't know the reason for that, only that it's a rule and every developer must adhere to it if they want their games/updates greenlit.

IG had to use a delta/compression algorithm and that is never as reliable as the brute force approach.

They would have loved to just use the existing save function and move on... but you have to follow a whole lot of quirky rules if you want to pass the Console Game Health And Safety Inspection. =)

It was that or only getting maybe 1/4 of the Navezgane map or a similar sized random gen world.

So I guess the complaint is that the map was too big for the game (under console restrictions) to handle.

Is this the most recent update post for the game or title release?

I have been about a few months absent and have not had the time to keep up like normal and just wanting to make sure I haven't missed anything. This was posted around the time I had to set down the game for a while.

Is this the most recent update post for the game or title release?

I have been about a few months absent and have not had the time to keep up like normal and just wanting to make sure I haven't missed anything. This was posted around the time I had to set down the game for a while.

You haven't missed anything; this is the current thread.

Archived