[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

I'd really like to see the ability for allies to share their map data. It'd be very useful and would create a great resource to trade.

Yeah, we've been asking for this for ages on the PC as well. A16 at least gave us the ability to save larger mapped areas, so we have high hopes that something will be developed outside of the current server tools that create a web version of the map.

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

Clare,

Thanks for posting. Your post was rather vague and I am hoping you are still working on this project. Since it is a port from the PC, I am thinking you won't be adding features to the console that are not in the PC. If that is the case I am not sure why you can't share any details. Other then an update "later this year" you really left us in the dark. There are two directions we can go from here. One is the update happens and you keep us in the dark until the update is released. Two would be the dreaded post of we are sorry but...... Since your last post was a couple of months ago, I am getting concerned it will be the latter. I understand you were in the early stages, but the lack of communication leads us players to come up with our own thoughts as to what is going on. I think just keeping us up to speed on what is going on, is all we would ask. Are you still in the early stages? Are you still on target for an update before December 31st 2018? So would montly updates good or bad be asking to much? Or a post of when you might give another update? I think we all accepted your apology for not communicating with us the last time. Please don't wait until you have to apologise again, talk with us. Thank you for your time.

Freestyle

I did it! Bought a pc. I'm the same as you, don't know jack about them. But if you look up the recommended specs to run 7dtd and show them to an "expert" (i.e. a best buy salesperson) they should be able to help. I got an amazing gaming laptop for $600. And I'm now elbows deep in A16 and LOVING it

You should take a look at some of the mods available for the PC version, they really do change the game in some case. Download the 7d2d mod launcher and that will do all the work for you

Clare,

Thanks for posting. Your post was rather vague and I am hoping you are still working on this project. Since it is a port from the PC, I am thinking you won't be adding features to the console that are not in the PC. If that is the case I am not sure why you can't share any details. Other then an update "later this year" you really left us in the dark. There are two directions we can go from here. One is the update happens and you keep us in the dark until the update is released. Two would be the dreaded post of we are sorry but...... Since your last post was a couple of months ago, I am getting concerned it will be the latter. I understand you were in the early stages, but the lack of communication leads us players to come up with our own thoughts as to what is going on. I think just keeping us up to speed on what is going on, is all we would ask. Are you still in the early stages? Are you still on target for an update before December 31st 2018? So would montly updates good or bad be asking to much? Or a post of when you might give another update? I think we all accepted your apology for not communicating with us the last time. Please don't wait until you have to apologise again, talk with us. Thank you for your time.

Freestyle

The thing is as soon as she has info she will share it. If the console developers don't send her info then she has no info to share with us. It said it would be later this year. The year isn't even half way through. The engine they use to make the game had a update last year so they are most likely working on what they can do on and bring to console with this update. They are most likely still working with it and not 100% sure what the console can and can not handle with this update so until they know they most likely are not going to pass any info down. You, myself and some others might not mind if they tell us this is coming but then find out they are not able to get it to work on console and have to take it out. Others would rage and fill the threads of hate. So really it is a no win so it is best to not say anything until they know for fact they are adding it in. Then on top of that they have to send it off to Sony and Microsoft to get approval. Normally this doesn't stop them from passing info on that is coming but it does delay of when the update is coming. Hope this helps

Crazywidefire,

I understand what you are saying, curious where you get your information and if it is correct then why not confirm that? It is obvious that Clare must talk to the developers. Not sure why Clare would apologize for something out of his/her control. Someone would have mentioned the update coming out, as well as what is described as really cool. So someone is talking to someone. I also agree the year isn't half way over, but that said you can't tell me there isn't anything to report months down the road with good or bad news. Of course hearing everything you said from Clare or the developers would be better as we don't know each other at all. The two of us could both be full of bologna. I do understand the pit falls of saying we are coming out with X feature, only to find out X feature doesn't work or they can't make it work. The solution to that would be hey we are working on X feature and status. If you are willing to commit to an update by the end of the year, then what you are working on shouldn't be out of the question. Just looking for more communication straight from TFP's mouth, good or bad. People will rage and spit hate no matter what happens. I just ingore those post, but come here everyday in the hopes that something or anything new is posted. I hope that makes sense.

Freestyle604

Crazywidefire,

I understand what you are saying, curious where you get your information and if it is correct then why not confirm that? It is obvious that Clare must talk to the developers. Not sure why Clare would apologize for something out of his/her control. Someone would have mentioned the update coming out, as well as what is described as really cool. So someone is talking to someone. I also agree the year isn't half way over, but that said you can't tell me there isn't anything to report months down the road with good or bad news. Of course hearing everything you said from Clare or the developers would be better as we don't know each other at all. The two of us could both be full of bologna. I do understand the pit falls of saying we are coming out with X feature, only to find out X feature doesn't work or they can't make it work. The solution to that would be hey we are working on X feature and status. If you are willing to commit to an update by the end of the year, then what you are working on shouldn't be out of the question. Just looking for more communication straight from TFP's mouth, good or bad. People will rage and spit hate no matter what happens. I just ingore those post, but come here everyday in the hopes that something or anything new is posted. I hope that makes sense.

Freestyle604

What information? As soon as the console team sends her the information to give she always has posted it. She doesn't hold on to it for any reason. She has said over and over that as soon as she has information she gets on here and we have information. Information about it being later this year is what she said. Information about unity having an update is out all over the place. But no information about if the console team has took the updated unity and is doing any kind of make over with it for console has been released this is just speculation really but it is most likely the case. Information about what the console can handle and what it can't well we really don't know for sure what all that is I'm pretty sure the developers don't know 100% until they test it out and see. Information about how much the unity update for pc and what it has done to change how things run and such is over in the pc section. This is where you can get an idea of somewhat of all the things that has opened up for them to do and why it is taking so long so if console got a unity update would explain why it is taking so long. Information about no guarantee that the console will get everything pc has is on the forums. Information is all over the console section here about how TFP are not working on the console version so they don't have any information to pass down to us for console. Like I said some might not mind if they say this is coming but then it doesn't work so it can't come but others do mind and you can't please everyone it is kinda a split between the two. They picked that they just not say anything until they know for a fact and I can understand that. Then it is known information that Sony and Microsoft has to approve the update before they can release it. So really no information I gave isn't already known or over the forums besides guessing that the console team is working on the game with the new unity update. Take the part out and everything is here on the forums.

I understand what you are saying it is all good we all hope for news and hope to see the update soon. I personally would love to see everything from the pc version come to console then I could play either one of them and not have nothing left out besides mods from pc that I really haven't got into kinda waiting to use some of the mods. I hope they are updating unity for console because from my understanding might allow at least more things from pc version. The question would be how much more that I personally have no clue. Last but not least I hope if they are working on the updated unity that the MD5 are way better after the update for the Xbox players around here.

The way that updates are handled, both for PC and for console versions, is exactly the way that software updates happen everywhere. How do I know? I work for a software developer. Updates basically happen like this:

1. The internal development team discuss what is going in the new update

2. The pre-development phase takes place where feasibility, time and cost (if applicable) are worked out

3. All scoped updates are documented in a functional specification-type document for developers

4. Developers work on the update

5. Update is given to an internal team for testing

6. Any identified bugs get reported to development

7. Development corrects reported issues and builds new update

8. Update is tested again

9. Assuming it's all ok a release schedule is worked up and release notes are drafted

10. After being checked release notes are distributed to customers (users/gamers)

11. Update is released.

All these things take more time depending on the extent of the update. If (IF) the update involves integrating the new Unity engine (the game engine which basically controls everything) then it's a massive job. Core processes reach into every aspect of the application/program and can have very far reaching effects which ALL need to be tested. Testing typically includes new features and pre-existing game play and mechanics (regression testing). It's a long, involved process and typically nothing about any software update will be announced until the update is confirmed to have the above elements ticked off. If any update elements can't be resolved they have to be removed.

I know this explanation does nothing to curb anyone's anticipation for the update but maybe it will go a little way to understanding why updates are not disclosed until they're actually ready and why it can take so long.

I just hope they include a new book bag, like one with wheels you can roll behind you like you are catching a plane at the airport. You know the type, the kind the mean kids in school kick as you are saving your back, but it allows for a quick getaway. It can also store those important items like the ever so important painkillers or your extremely rare copy of MacDyvers Book (console) This hopefully will allow you to loot more...

Also Velcro shoes...who has time to lace their shoes up before running from a horde? Pair that with the wheely book bag, man you'd be styling.

A Hoveround would also be a nice addition, I mean they can go anywhere....go go go......its like a trike version of the minibike Devs come on, but you'd need to have the oh so important flag on it...make it official...

Clare I mean I'm giving you guys pearls here! (LOL)

Actually in all seriousness any update for console would be most appreciated. Keeping my eyes here to see if we can get any more details in the weeks/months to come from your original post.

Man the hype for this thread has really died. I think we're all losing steam, just waiting for the "update has been submitted" thread!!

I'm very anxious as well & can't wait to jump back in. Been a good 3 months or so since I've played.

I'm hoping for new zombies, new poi's, and distant poi. Anything else would just be icing for me.

If we get electricity....ehh. If we get the traps/turrets....ehh.

Let's keep the hype going!!! Can't wait to see what we get!

I think devs can work now more efficiently without having a hype (or freight ? xD) train to deal with.

We won't be left behind, that's what matter.

Please give the devs enough time to program the update and debug it correctly.

Lets all randomly speculate based on what could be considered "very large", while still being able to be handled on our consoles.

New zombie types plus wolves, if consider that huge.

What poi's don't we have yet?

I've heard we may finally be getting the ancient psychic tandem zombie giraffe.

I absolutely love this game! I realy hope the painting system is added to the console. It would open up so many possibilities. Here's hoping. Fingures crossed

Man the hype for this thread has really died. I think we're all losing steam, just waiting for the "update has been submitted" thread!!

I'm very anxious as well & can't wait to jump back in. Been a good 3 months or so since I've played.

I'm hoping for new zombies, new poi's, and distant poi. Anything else would just be icing for me.

If we get electricity....ehh. If we get the traps/turrets....ehh.

Let's keep the hype going!!! Can't wait to see what we get!

To.be perfectly honest, what the game needs before it gets anything new added is optimization.

I just really want the new progression system and perks. tired of crafting thousands of stone axes to raise the level of my tools. would also be nice to have the new town generation system with new POIs. hate those little square towns that usually have no good POIs to loot.

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

Well Clare we’re almost at that 3 month mark since this post was created. Any chanc for another update from the devs? Hopefully they give you some information by the 3 month mark. Thanks for all you do and hoping we get a quick reply

Well Clare we’re almost at that 3 month mark since this post was created. Any chanc for another update from the devs? Hopefully they give you some information by the 3 month mark. Thanks for all you do and hoping we get a quick reply

She won’t we asked so many times for little more information so next time we hear from here will be probably be when the update been sent off and that’s the time of E3

Archived