[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

probably won't get a content update until after Alpha 17 releases on PC.

Considering that completely separate companies are doing the work, why on earth would you think that?

The Fun Pimps = PC version that is still in Alpha development.

TellTale ~ Iron Galaxy = Console version which mostly needs bug fixes atm, not new development.

Well in the past... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how it worked? Pc gets an update then they would give the stable stuff to ig and ttg. So I think that's why he assumed that.

Also if this is going to be it then I don't think I'm going to be playing on console any more. It's getting boring.

Considering that completely separate companies are doing the work, why on earth would you think that?

The Fun Pimps = PC version that is still in Alpha development.

TellTale ~ Iron Galaxy = Console version which mostly needs bug fixes atm, not new development.

cause the zombie AI is broken in alpha 16 and supposedly getting fixed in alpha 17. I mean they could release small parts of alpha 16 on consoles but why not wait until something like that is fixed. they are also changing terrain, some models, updating the game engine, etc. costs money to release each content update so it would be better to release as few as possible.

Well in the past... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how it worked? Pc gets an update then they would give the stable stuff to ig and ttg. So I think that's why he assumed that.Also if this is going to be it then I don't think I'm going to be playing on console any more. It's getting boring.
Well guess what I spent the last two hours doing? LOL You made me curious.

(Yes, I spent my Friday night making this table. Yes, I enjoyed it. I'm strange. :smile-new:)

Since the console version is originally based off a14 stable, we'll use it as our primary marker.

(The table is in the below post because it became too many characters for one post all by itself.)

Table

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 625, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]PC Version[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Released[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Console Version[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Released[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 14[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3/26/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 14.7 Stable[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]6/20/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Release (1.0)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]6/28/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 1 (1.01)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]7/5/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 2 (1.02?)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]8/9/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]DLC[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]8/16/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 3 (1.03?)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]9/6/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 3.1 (1.05)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]9/13/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]9/20/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 4 (1.06)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]10/4/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 15[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]10/5/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=align: center]10/18/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 5 (1.07)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]11/8/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 6 (1.08)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]12/14/2016[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 7 (1.10)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1/24/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 15.2 Stable[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2/4/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 8 (1.11)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]3/14/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 9 (1.12)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]4/11/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 9.1 (1.13)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]4/18/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 10 (1.14)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]6/27/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 16[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]7/12/201[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 10.1 (1.15)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]7/14/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 11 (1.16)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]9/2/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 12 (1.17)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]10/20/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 16.4 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]10/26/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Patch 13 (1.18)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]12/13/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Avg. days between release[/TD]

[TD=align: center]116[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Avg. days between Patch[/TD]

[TD=align: center]27[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Days since last release[/TD]

[TD=align: center]148[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Days since last Patch[/TD]

[TD=align: center]100[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

All console dates highlighted in green received Alpha 15 release content.

Now for the PC, I'm only counting "stable" branches. Technically each primary build wasn't exactly stable, but it was the first of the build. (Technically, none of the alpha builds are fully stable. It is an Alpha after all.)

As you can see from the chart, the console received content from the (then current) PC alpha 15 version while it was still being heavily developed by TFP. Patch 10 "Summer update" had a larger amount of content than the previous builds, but it wasn't the first with a15 content by far. The distance between Patches 6 and 7 were longer than average at about 45 days, and from 9 to 10 was about 70 days. So it is reasonable to assume that they were working on ways to add the extra content during that time.Based on this information, and the extensive period since the last patch, I'd estimate that there is a content update coming.

HOWEVER.... Don't be getting your hopes up on a16 content. You still don't have all of what landed in a15, and a lot of the content in a16 is not currently feasible on the consoles due to hardware limitations.

I do sincerely hope that the next update is a complete re-work on the Unity engine to the latest version. Primarily because that will allow the console to get a lot of the features that are currently in the PC version.

The majority of the console updates have been bug fixes though. Largely due to the data provided by you, the community.

cause the zombie AI is broken in alpha 16 and supposedly getting fixed in alpha 17. I mean they could release small parts of alpha 16 on consoles but why not wait until something like that is fixed. they are also changing terrain, some models, updating the game engine, etc. costs money to release each content update so it would be better to release as few as possible.

The only really broken part specific to a16 is their sense of smell. Sadly that does affect a lot of the AI responses at night, so they aren't a whole lot of a challenge without modifying the client.

Keep in mind also, that you guys still haven't seen a lot of the RWG terrain updates from a15 yet either. I especially don't see things like electricity hitting consoles until two things happen. First, that the console gets the Unity 2017 optimization update. (Which will require a LOT of re-coding by IG.) Second, that it is mostly bug-free in the PC version. We've still got a lot of work yet to be done on electricity.

Again (because I think I said this a moment ago), given the immense amount of time since the last console update, I sincerely hope that they are working on the Unity engine upgrade, and adding a lot more of the content and POI's that we have currently on the PC.

Only time will tell though. We won't know anything until they allow Claire to release the information. Be assured that I am as much on the edge of my seat waiting for the "[##/##] Message from the Team - Patch 14 Submitted!" thread as you are.

Nice work SylenThunder !

Alas, many players are lurking PC forums and are expecting (aka hyped to see) PC features to arrive on consoles.

Consoles are NOT PC, and consoles players and expectations are NOT PC ones.

I just hope with your posts players will have a more detailed view of what's happens.

But I just fear some console players have a head as hard as a Feral zombie, no matter how told, they can't understand console version is an a14 guaranteed and *maybe* *some* a15+ features.

Nice work SylenThunder !

Alas, many players are lurking PC forums and are expecting (aka hyped to see) PC features to arrive on consoles.

Consoles are NOT PC, and consoles players and expectations are NOT PC ones.

I just hope with your posts players will have a more detailed view of what's happens.

But I just fear some console players have a head as hard as a Feral zombie, no matter how told, they can't understand console version is an a14 guaranteed and *maybe* *some* a15+ features.

It gets explained all the time but some don't take time to read and the ones that do just don't understand for many different reasons.

The only really broken part specific to a16 is their sense of smell. Sadly that does affect a lot of the AI responses at night, so they aren't a whole lot of a challenge without modifying the client.

Keep in mind also, that you guys still haven't seen a lot of the RWG terrain updates from a15 yet either. I especially don't see things like electricity hitting consoles until two things happen. First, that the console gets the Unity 2017 optimization update. (Which will require a LOT of re-coding by IG.) Second, that it is mostly bug-free in the PC version. We've still got a lot of work yet to be done on electricity.

Again (because I think I said this a moment ago), given the immense amount of time since the last console update, I sincerely hope that they are working on the Unity engine upgrade, and adding a lot more of the content and POI's that we have currently on the PC.

Only time will tell though. We won't know anything until they allow Claire to release the information. Be assured that I am as much on the edge of my seat waiting for the "[##/##] Message from the Team - Patch 14 Submitted!" thread as you are.

I'm going to go ahead and correct you there, big time.

Alpha 16

Electricity is broken, causes major lag, esp solar. even worse on servers (most remove electritiy to maintain stability)

Multiplayer reach is around 3-4 meters for zombies, making melee almost impossible

The AI is broke to the point that running zombies are now easier and less of a challenge than the walking zombies.

Multiplayer issues are plenty, including ones like, large gardens will lag out the whole server when being picked. tree farms will do the same. Constant chunks breaking and have to be reset. regions having to be deleted and replaced.

Players getting stuck in creating player screen (still)

Most multiplayer servers still won't use minibikes, as they drop through the world and spam the console with error codes.

there are many, many more issues with alpha 16.

I know you're a moderator, but there is no reason to sugar coat A16 for console players. IMO console is a FAR superior version of the game, on the grounds that it works, and does what it's supposed to :)

I play both versions, it's really cool checking out new content that needs to be fixed, but at the same time, it's nice knowing that I can pick up the controller, and not have to deal with the same issues I do on pc.

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

lol going take a full yr and a half again for that update right.Clare I mean afterall the first major update toke 1yr and 6months Ik cuz I bought it day one just like the pc I ain't complaining.Like I said I got it on pc but still toke ages lol but I supported u guys since day one on steam and will keep doing so regardless lol

lol going take a full yr and a half again for that update right.Clare I mean afterall the first major update toke 1yr and 6months Ik cuz I bought it day one just like the pc I ain't complaining.Like I said I got it on pc but still toke ages lol but I supported u guys since day one on steam and will keep doing so regardless lol

I know you said you are not complaining but just want to point out that it didn't take 1 yr and 6 months to get a update. As it shows either up above or on previous page console got several updates. They have no choice but wait for things to get stable first on pc before taking that to console or console would not even be able to play at all even if the game does what it is doing now. It would be way worse if things wasn't stable on pc. Does this mean it is finished stable no just means stable of course changes can still be made and such. But pretty much most update added something new and didn't take 1 yr and 6 months.

Wish someone would do something about the md5, characer resets, people not being able to conect and the crashes every hour and thirty min. All probems since day one.

They have made considerable progress with that. Consider that they started out having to narrow the issue down from several hundred thousand possible triggers. MS could make the job a lot easier, but won't.

Almost every single patch has provided fixes for possible triggers. It's just hard to narrow them all down and eliminate them 100% when you have so many to fight.

Connecting issues are typically narrowed down to local network issues, ISP issues, or even just the internet being what it is. A lot of console players aren't able to do the full depth of troubleshooting required to definitively narrow down the issue either. Which doesn't help at all in determining whether it's just a connectivity problem with the internet, or something in the client itself.

The regular crashing is definitely odd. See it more on the Xbox than we do on the PS4, and there are several hardware possibilities that could be causing it, in addition to possible client code. The thing with console though, is that you can't upload an error log for troubleshooting. makes it hard to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Since the game is very resource heavy on CPU and RAM, always make sure that your console has extremely good airflow when playing.

So what can we expect on Consoles in this patch. Thanks

Zombie Giraffes!

Actually, if you read this thread from the beginning, before it got off topic; there are several things in the works, but nothing specific has been released. I am sure once anything specific about a new update is available a new thread will be started.

if anything comes to console in this update...i want it to be electricity(the lights, traps, etc.)

I especially don't see things like electricity hitting consoles until two things happen. First, that the console gets the Unity 2017 optimization update. (Which will require a LOT of re-coding by IG.) Second, that it is mostly bug-free in the PC version. We've still got a lot of work yet to be done on electricity.

Archived