[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

It’s nice to have an update and know the game is still being worked on.

I would really appreciate some kind of idea of the priorities of the developers. I know the update may be vague because they don’t want to give false hope but to know that this bug or that bug or such and such a feature being added is at the top of the list would give us and idea of the direction the development of the game is going.

Update or keep us updated.

I love this game absolutely love it but this is getting kinda ridiculous. I’ve had this game for a while now and with no new news or anything it’s kinda hard to support a game. We haven’t heard anything until this if you want to call this news. The game, as of right now, is boring and bland. I wish I could get a pc and get it for pc because they get updates they get news. What do we get? “We are working on something big. That will come out later this year.”

I love this game absolutely love it but this is getting kinda ridiculous. I’ve had this game for a while now and with no new news or anything it’s kinda hard to support a game. We haven’t heard anything until this if you want to call this news. The game, as of right now, is boring and bland. I wish I could get a pc and get it for pc because they get updates they get news. What do we get? “We are working on something big. That will come out later this year.”

Just buy that pc and stop spamming negativity.... jeez

- - - Updated - - -

Thanksalot for the info update Clare!

Looking forward to new stuff :)

be nice

Just buy that pc and stop spamming negativity.... jeez

- - - Updated - - -

Thanksalot for the info update Clare!

Looking forward to new stuff :)

No one is spamming negativity. Having paid for this game, we are entitled to be disappointed and frustrated in the lack of progress by the developers. Especially when no one has told what is causing such a long delay in completing this game on console (and don't say we're hindered by the hardware, that's a wee bit of a deflection). We have a right to express our frustration at having paid for something that seems to be constantly on the back burner.

Like everyone else, I'd love it to be finished soon, but I'll most likely jump ship fairly shortly.

our apologies? Really?

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

our apologies hmmm. That's a very common thing people say.

How about a video from the people responsible for the console with "our apologies"

All I see is updates on PC. Posting all this cool stuff on PC while the low class non PC community people get thrown to the side.

I payed just like the PC users.

But we only get half. Don't get me wrong I love this game I think it's an amazing game.

But I know when I'm getting screwed and this is one of the times.

thanx for the update but i would love to see the ability to download mods for 7d2d like the way that fallout 4 or fs17 have so we can find the mod we want and down load it so we have something to do besides the same thing over and over and over again while waiting for them to update the game with more than just hot fixes i get so excited when i see an update for 7d2d so jump on here to the forums as fast as i can to see its just a long list of fixes dont get me wrong i love that there trying to fix the game but instead of making 2 or 3 patches for hot fixes just make one big update for the hot fixes and and then maybe be able to start with content updates never the less thank you to you and the team for everything you have done and for everything you're doing

I think mods should be possible on console once the game is fully developed and is stable, if Bethesda could do it don't see why pimps cannot do it. even simple mods that just re-use assets that are currently installed or create something like alternative Creation Club or released paid mod bundles as DLC I wouldn't mind spending a few $$ to get a better game experience...

I think mods should be possible on console once the game is fully developed and is stable, if Bethesda could do it don't see why pimps cannot do it. even simple mods that just re-use assets that are currently installed or create something like alternative Creation Club or released paid mod bundles as DLC I wouldn't mind spending a few $$ to get a better game experience...

Quick answer : Bethesda has more employees than pimps.

Each mod needs monitoring/approval by devs before released, it means a dev busy just for that.

Long answer : I will use examples to make it clear. No adv intended.

There are currently two types of games allowing mods :

- Farming Simulator 2017 (and Creation Club) : Mods are submitted to the devs, tested by the devs, and legal issues/copyright infringments/QA is up to the devs and publisher.

There are considered more or less as free (or paid as of Creation Club) DLCs.

- Skyrim/Fallout : Mods are submitted to the devs/publisher, NOT tested and NOT QA by the devs, and those with legal issues/copyright infringments+additional scripts(Sony consoles only) are refused or removed.

There are more in the PC mods spirit.

Yes, The Fun Pimps/Iron Galaxy can release mods as DLC packs, the easiest way, but it means more devs working to check those mods.

More DLC to sell means more income, developping and testing DLCs means more expenses.

The decision is up to the dev team.

Yes we are on a15. But we are missing: traps, electricity, Dire wolves, paint, Vultures, many of the new zombies, we still can't tell if our friends are looking up or down, the crucible. I'm sure I missed a few things.

But those things are on A16 never was on A15. As far as where you are looking that isn't even on A16 that is coming on A17. So yrs we are missing things from those but what they are saying is console is on A15 and I think it has give or take about 90% of what pc has in A15 so being on that version console isn't missing alot. The only reason console didn't get the zombies was that they didn't work well on A15 and they removed them and reworked and different version of them for A16.

What do you do with painting? Does it make your game experience better when you house is red or some colour? Come on... Or electricity,it just make game so laggy that its not fun to play anymore.

I'm not the biggest fan of the electricity as of now and yes it can cause lag and probably loads on console if added. But I am a huge fan of the paint system. It really works very well and don't cause any issues or at least on pc. I know many people that wasn't excited when they first announced the paint on pc but after a16 released most of those people that said they wouldn't use it ot like it came back and said they was actually impressed with it.

it does more then just paint colors. It takes some blocks out of the game to allow you to make a base to your liking. Like when I personally use it when I play on pc I like the cabin look but don't like the low quality. Now I can make higher quality but paint it to look like a cabin and still be safe. I want to make my inside nice looking so I make a kitchen and actually looks like a kitchen because paint allows you to paint things you can't make in inventory. I mean the list goes on it makes some that enjoy the game but have a creative side do lots more.

it might not be your cup of tea but just because you might not like it doesn't make it bad or no fun.

i also played subnautica onxbox 1 they give info on up coming update but there updates come once a year....

i hope the updates for 7 days wont take that long as i have alot of fun with this game :jaded:

Thank you Clare for the info you give....

But if they release an update it's not available in your current session. So I'm totally fine with the time span.

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------[/quotes

So does this mean no updates at all until later this year?

the console team

thank the game needs the updates now pc is looking a lot better thin the xbox one i was playing it on pc at first but the got it on xbox one and it on update 10 and i thank we should have gotten some of the stuff that Alpha 16 for pc got Wire Tool

GeneratorBank.png Generator Bank

SolarBank.png Solar Bank

Electric Wire Relay

Electric Timer Relay

Motion Sensor

Battery Bank forge Tool trip Wire Post

Trigger Plate batter looking poi's

thank the game needs the updates now pc is looking a lot better thin the xbox one i was playing it on pc at first but the got it on xbox one and it on update 10 and i thank we should have gotten some of the stuff that Alpha 16 for pc got Wire Tool

GeneratorBank.png Generator Bank

SolarBank.png Solar Bank

Electric Wire Relay

Electric Timer Relay

Motion Sensor

Battery Bank forge Tool trip Wire Post

Trigger Plate batter looking poi's

The PC will always be ahead of console - we get what they can port over when it's finished over there - so long as the console can handle it.

There is a lot broken on PC side so don't get your hopes up. I'm honestly afraid to see what breaks when PC gets A17. All they keep showing us is all these fluff piece features that look cool, but noone is addressing the horrible AI, or the electricity problems or the fact that even the best PC in the entire world damn near seizes up when we get near a skyscraper. But hey, we get Jeep's and a gyrocopter.... Now the game will be a laggy mess in style.

Archived