[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

Umm...they never said we were or were not getting everything that pc has, in fact we have things the pc version doesnt, like split screen. The reason pc has more stuff now is because they arent releasing the new betas on console, for hopefully obvious porting reasons. So until they are actually done updating and actually have a full release on pc might be best to reserve those judgements. Just my 2 cents.

We don't get a new alpha untilit is stable enough to be considered finished. I'm willing to bet we will see more A16 content in the indicated big update. More pointedly, we will likely get just about everything except the sky scrapers due to the way things load on console.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086

quotes from article:

"The graphics processor (GPU) in the PS4 Pro – that’s the bit that generates the 3D graphics in games – is just over twice as powerful as that in the PS4. Sony’s also upgraded the processor, which handles things like physics and artificial intelligence in games.

Sony claims the new PS4 Pro can run at 4.2 teraflops, compared to the 1.84 teraflops of the original PS4

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-pro-vs-ps4-2941086#QESL1r4jfoEfJShG.99"

While I agree that even with the new specs, PS4 pro will not meet the "recommended" Quad Core setup of PC, that the ram is short, but there is no way that that explains the shortness of 7dtd for console.

Imho, of course, it is far more reasonable to expect that the red-tape by SONY/M-Soft, and their respective system processes that causes problems and slows development. It is not a lack of power, but simply the amount of hoops that need to be jumped through to get anything done with a highly regulated, patented, and copyrighted system.

Unity clocks on the CPU, and RAM. Not on the GPU. So the Pro specs only help GPU intensive games like Ark. For a voxel game like this one, it doesn't do it any favors. Which I outlined quite clearly in the sticky thread.

Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.

Sony and MS need to quit cheaping out on console players, and actually improve the core hardware. Pro and XB1 were both huge disappointments for the future of console gaming.

It's all about making the majority of games released look better for the console companies. Vocal games are out numbered by FPS, sports, and driving games.

Unity clocks on the CPU, and RAM. Not on the GPU. So the Pro specs only help GPU intensive games like Ark. For a voxel game like this one, it doesn't do it any favors. Which I outlined quite clearly in the sticky thread.

I thought it was pretty clear. I don't think you can explain it any better in the many threads that it has been brought up and you have explained and also the sticky threads you have explained.

I would like to also point out when I play on pc and my friend tries to play they have just as much problems as console does. The pc they play on is just bare minimum on the pc specs so just because they meet the minimum specs does not mean it runs good. So if you look at it yes console is just short of the minimum specs but it is far from the recommended specs. Either way console is still under power for this specific game. I am still amazed at what they have donever so far with what they have to work with for console but it does not shock me at all as to why it has the problems it has.

Consoles are underpowered, big time. period. They throw everything into GPU, so that console users can have "shiny" graphics, on static games like Call of duty, or Ark. Some console users have no clue, what vox games take up on the unit. I challenge anyone that says 7 days should run better, to play minecraft on console, than come back and tell me how vox games work.

Consoles are underpowered, big time. period. They throw everything into GPU, so that console users can have "shiny" graphics, on static games like Call of duty, or Ark. Some console users have no clue, what vox games take up on the unit. I challenge anyone that says 7 days should run better, to play minecraft on console, than come back and tell me how vox games work.

If I recall correctly, Minecraft has a limited height map and world size on the console because it wasn't able to support the same size maps they have on the PC.

If I recall correctly, Minecraft has a limited height map and world size on the console because it wasn't able to support the same size maps they have on the PC.

Minecraft does not run the calculations that 7 Days does. Hence in Minecraft you can have floating bases.

Minecraft does not run the calculations that 7 Days does. Hence in Minecraft you can have floating bases.

Which is kind of the point he was making I think.

Even as simple as minecraft is for a voxel game, the console was unable to manage the same capabilities as it can on the PC version. Because of the hardware limitations on the consoles.

Here's a short comparison of the versions.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 700, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[TD=align: center]PC[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Console Original[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Console Bedrock Edition[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]World Size[/TD]

[TD=align: center]30 million blocks in each direction[/TD]

[TD=align: center]864 blocks in each direction*[/TD]

[TD=align: center]5,120 blocks in each direction[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Height Map[/TD]

[TD=align: center]256 blocks[/TD]

[TD=align: center]64 blocks[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Block Types[/TD]

[TD=align: center]All[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Limited[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Almost all[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Mods[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Yes[/TD]

[TD=align: center]No[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Unknown[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

*The original release on consoles was a mere 256 blocks in each direction, and then later updated to 864.

It's been said that the textures are a higher quality on the PC version, but I don't have any reference for that.

Which is kind of the point he was making I think.

Even as simple as minecraft is for a voxel game, the console was unable to manage the same capabilities as it can on the PC version. Because of the hardware limitations on the consoles.

Here's a short comparison of the versions.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 700, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[TD=align: center]PC[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Console Original[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Console Bedrock Edition[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]World Size[/TD]

[TD=align: center]30 million blocks in each direction[/TD]

[TD=align: center]864 blocks in each direction*[/TD]

[TD=align: center]5,120 blocks in each direction[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Height Map[/TD]

[TD=align: center]64 blocks[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Block Types[/TD]

[TD=align: center]All[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Limited[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Almost all[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Mods[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Yes[/TD]

[TD=align: center]No[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Unknown[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

*The original release on consoles was a mere 256 blocks in each direction, and then later updated to 864.

It's been said that the textures are a higher quality on the PC version, but I don't have any reference for that.

Yeah I just read his post wrong, to be honest.

So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

Maybe talking about some of the additions to console that’s nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks

- - - Updated - - -

So @ Clare any chance of a nice developer update of any kind. No video needed just a reply will suffice.

Maybe talking about some of the additions to console that’s nearly finished for the new update. Any news and update talk is appreciated thanks

I dont think people understand what they are talking about when they say console makers are cheaping out when they are selling a system for 300$ vs 3000 for a decent computer.

Well whasy he is saying is that instead of going with more expensive parts that would allow better handling of a wider variety of games, console manufacturers prefer to stick with the cheapest parts that will allow the more popular "rinse and repeat" games to function with the latest shiny wrapper.

- - - Updated - - -

Information about anything is a slippery slope. If they start talking about additions, it would be awesome. Except later on, they could find out that planned addition just wont work, and then you'll. See all kinds of angry posts about promises not being made.

At this point, I'd bet they are working in getting solid information about what can be added. Once they are certain, then we will get more news.

I dont think people understand what they are talking about when they say console makers are cheaping out when they are selling a system for 300$ vs 3000 for a decent computer.

You can get a decent PC for around $750. The hardware equivalent of a console is about $250 in current PC specs. If you want a good gaming laptop, it's under $1800. If you're spending $3000 on a PC, you're doing it wrong.

The truth is that RAM is cheap, and doubling the CPU ability wouldn't have cost them considerably more, since the architecture is still the same. I'd happily shell out $500 for a new console that actually had upgraded hardware. Changing the price from $250 to $400 just because you dropped an upgraded GPU into it is a complete rip off. (Admittedly they increase the RAM from 8 to 12 in the XB1x, but the new architecture runs slower than the old did.)

We're really starting to get off-topic here though.

At this point the should already have solid info. They should be pretty far into the content patch development. Last console content update was September or October same time pc got a16. The. Maybe November or December a16.4 came out which is when pc dev said here you go to console dev. Probably.

So they are at least 3 months into developing the new content patch which I’m not sure of how the whole process is done but console devs just need to add and modify the existing models/ designs that the pc devs made. I’m sure there is way more to it that I have no idea about. But I would imagine it shouldn’t take much longer since pc devs do most of the work and the console devs just need to port and see what works then optimize/ bug fix the best they can.

To reiterate I don’t know how the whole process works. Just my thoughts and speculation

At this point the should already have solid info. They should be pretty far into the content patch development. Last console content update was September or October same time pc got a16. The. Maybe November or December a16.4 came out which is when pc dev said here you go to console dev. Probably.

So they are at least 3 months into developing the new content patch which I’m not sure of how the whole process is done but console devs just need to add and modify the existing models/ designs that the pc devs made. I’m sure there is way more to it that I have no idea about. But I would imagine it shouldn’t take much longer since pc devs do most of the work and the console devs just need to port and see what works then optimize/ bug fix the best they can.

To reiterate I don’t know how the whole process works. Just my thoughts and speculation

There us more to it than that for sure. They have to go through all the code and find out what the consoles can handle first and foremost. Then, they have to make sure the new content will work with the base OS, since the PS4 does not run on a windows platform. And they have to be sure the new content doesn't cause issues with the current content. And while that may seem silly since it should be the same code as PC, it's not. The game still has to work with the base OS of each console. On top.of that, I do believe they try iron out some.of.the existing bugs from the PC version to keep those bugs from making the jump.

There us more to it than that for sure. They have to go through all the code and find out what the consoles can handle first and foremost. Then, they have to make sure the new content will work with the base OS, since the PS4 does not run on a windows platform. And they have to be sure the new content doesn't cause issues with the current content. And while that may seem silly since it should be the same code as PC, it's not. The game still has to work with the base OS of each console. On top.of that, I do believe they try iron out some.of.the existing bugs from the PC version to keep those bugs from making the jump.

Not to mention the challenge of upgrading everything to a newer version of the Unity game engine. (I'm assuming that they will be doing that, but have no solid information on it.)

There are many reasons that can draw out the build process for an update. Not to mention that changing one bit of code to fix an issue can suddenly turn into 50 other things to working like they should. We've seen this happen more than once for the dupe fixes.

9 Months since last content update. 3 months since last patch... Surely TT and TFP gonna breathe some life into the console 7dtd soon! :(

Haven't played for months, but with some tasty new content I'll be diving back in...

Let us just hope that landmines on/off option is in with the next update XD

9 Months since last content update. 3 months since last patch... Surely TT and TFP gonna breathe some life into the console 7dtd soon! :(

Haven't played for months, but with some tasty new content I'll be diving back in...

Let us just hope that landmines on/off option is in with the next update XD

Me too, I stopped playing. But if they had the Motorcycle, Jeep and Heli..........That would be incredible. I like the game I really do, But I have been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. Great Title

Me too, I stopped playing. But if they had the Motorcycle, Jeep and Heli..........That would be incredible. I like the game I really do, But I have been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. Great Title

Pc doesn't even have that option on the vanilla version. Not saying they wont put it in but just doubt they will. As far as the other stuff those are things pc doesn't have yet that is still being worked on with the current alpha they are putting together so I know for a fact that stuff isn't coming to console yet with a chance of never coming to console. Best not to get hopes up until it is announced. You never know this next big update could be the last update for console. Nobody knows one way or the other.

dustipher between consoles (xbox, PS) is a big difference in the PS4 version is more current than xbox. The Xbox ONE version is 1.0.18.0 This version is pretty old that there is not much there

The PS4 is on 1.18 - it's the same version as Xbox; the only difference I know of is that we can make metal letters - Xbox didn't have those (though you may have them now).

Archived