Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

6 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

I let Khaine know that the version of my vehicles included with DF is an older version now. As far as I can tell all he did was rename the folder to set the load order, so you could probably grab the newest version of my vehicle mod and copy the files into the 3-DF-BdubsVehicles folder included in DF to fix the Humvee issues.

I did tweak progression and recipes as well... and one small tweak to the actual vehicles xml ;)

1 hour ago, Jay_ombie said:

V4.02-DEV-B4

May be already aware small things :

Zombie ID wrong :

20220323142013-1.jpg

Weapon compare stats seem off :

20220323141936-1.jpg

20220323141949-1.jpg

No, that zombie ID is not wrong.

21 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Small mistake in Localizaton.txt: Line 3943 reads

DFFarmingBookDesc "Learn how to craft various seeds and animal coops.\nThis book unlocks the Vehicles For Dumb@%$#s perk by 1 level per book."

DFFarmingBookDesc,Learn how to craft various seeds and animal coops.\nThis book unlocks the Farming Tips perk by 1 level per book.

That's what it should be. Fixed

8 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Great work on the mod, it´s really fun and challenging.

Is there any chance that we could get the wireless relay from sams working stuff?

No because the mod has a junction box that does the same thing?

First, love the mod. Been playing it for years.

Having an issue with the scouts. They only offer Restore Power missions (on all tiers, as high as V).

Is there a way to get other mission types? I have zero faction with them.

And my version is up to date.

Yo, no complaints from me, just wanna point out what I assume counts as an exploit: You can quite literally rapidly loot something over and over again like a bird's nest and quickly grind your scavenging in like 10 minutes...even if the bird's nest is no longer "(Untouched)". Not sure if that was meant to be possible or if maybe there's a line of code missing that checks whether something has already been looted before handing out any XP.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:54 PM, HollywoodHoser said:

Question for any DF aficionados… any maps have some good lakes - ideally with an island in the middle - that aren’t in the irradiated zone? 

VS map has a couple of large lakes close together, one of them has a large land mass in the middle. Thinking about moving there in my current game.

6 hours ago, GameHopping said:

Having an issue with the scouts. They only offer Restore Power missions (on all tiers, as high as V).

What kind of mission the trader offer is random and change daily.

Scouts mosttimes got these goto there and kill all these Z's they spawn and rarely these restore power at night mission.

These restore power only appear at Tier 3 or higher, you should take a look at the lower tier missions (i hope you discover the chat options to change the tier).

But a warning from my side, be well prepared when you try a tier5 mission from him.

8 hours ago, GameHopping said:

If it's a random gen map, there's not a lot I can do about that. I have tested them on the DF maps and they work.

5 hours ago, Moweep said:

Yo, no complaints from me, just wanna point out what I assume counts as an exploit: You can quite literally rapidly loot something over and over again like a bird's nest and quickly grind your scavenging in like 10 minutes...even if the bird's nest is no longer "(Untouched)". Not sure if that was meant to be possible or if maybe there's a line of code missing that checks whether something has already been looted before handing out any XP.

That's intended. The proper method to increase XP was broken on servers. I need to see if it's ever been fixed.

4 minutes ago, ktrain said:

Link it and I will read it...

I got you. I had it saved.

V4.02-DEV-B3

- Zombies should no longer do increased damage based on difficulty level, EXCEPT for Insane (how it was in A18/A19).
- Included Krunch's 12k map.
- Reduced the amount of Oldwest towns and Country towns that can spawn in RWG so there's more room for proper towns and cities.
- Replaced the "Farming" journal entry the player gets when picking up or making seeds with the DF specific "Growing Crops" tip.
- Updated the "Growing Crops" tip to explain hoe's and irrigation slightly better.
- Made dropped turds a little smaller.
- Redid blood draw kit a little so players should be able to use it more reliably.
- Redid how food recovers anemia so it should hopefully be more reliable.
- All custom zombies remade with new controller to stop "rubber banding."
- Textures on Football Player and Cowboy (both strippers, yes this is intended, stop reporting it) are fixed.
- Fixed Pulse Rocket falling at the players feet.
- Increased Pulse Rocket damage.
- Added new legendary item: Jason's Machete.
- Serrated Blade can now be installed with Tempered Blade.
- Ergonomic Grip and Fortifying Grip can now be installed at the same time.
- Fortifying Grip can now be installed in bows.
- Increased max bleed stacks... by a lot.
- Added a "remove" for every single bleeding buff I can find in the buffs file to all bandage-based items since people are apparently still reporting that.
- Added bundles of dye for storage purposes.
- Rain catchers now require being outside and on dirt. This was necessary to potentially fix the bug with them randomly not working.
- Added some blocks that were apparently missing despite the game never crashing.
- Added missing level tag to Get Off My Land that stopped the run speed working.
- Added a scarecrow that works as a chunk loader, which should help with plant and rain catcher progression irregularities.

7 hours ago, Canute said:

What kind of mission the trader offer is random and change daily.

Scouts mosttimes got these goto there and kill all these Z's they spawn and rarely these restore power at night mission.

These restore power only appear at Tier 3 or higher, you should take a look at the lower tier missions (i hope you discover the chat options to change the tier).

But a warning from my side, be well prepared when you try a tier5 mission from him.

It's the same Restore power all the way down to Tier II where the missions start. And I check the missions daily at every trader I visit.

Small bug: some book-icons (eg for crafting certain specific items) are shown opened correctly, some don't:

389006125_Butchertools2.thumb.png.a578fb58c841cb23b03be77a8441e75b.png

ButcherBook.thumb.png.ea69a720ee805ac953394ac597d37034.png

It happens probably for books that can be read several times.

And offtopic I would like to add that I updated my savegame to B4 without any problems.

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Small bug: some book-icons (eg for crafting certain specific items) are shown opened correctly, some don't:

389006125_Butchertools2.thumb.png.a578fb58c841cb23b03be77a8441e75b.png

ButcherBook.thumb.png.ea69a720ee805ac953394ac597d37034.png

It happens probably for books that can be read several times.

And offtopic I would like to add that I updated my savegame to B4 without any problems.

This happens if you dont have a new save due to how i'm tracking it.

First time playing this mod and of course I've got questions lol.  Found the forge ahead book, place it in hot bar, use it and it doesn't unlock the forge.  What am I missing?  I've tried reading it everyway I know how but I'm lost at this point.  It seems any schematic that says it must be read from the hot bar doesn't work, just disappears. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Think I figured it out....need character levels it seems.  Thought it was just going poof.

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)