Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

3 hours ago, Exxodous said:

Think I figured it out....need character levels it seems.  Thought it was just going poof.

Yep, mosttimes you need a second requirement like character level or a special crafting level.

Hovering the mouse over the locked symbol mosttimes show you more information.

And don't forget when you die, you attribute's are lowered for a while, then it can happen that you can't craft something anymore you could or at a lower quality.

5 hours ago, Exxodous said:

First time playing this mod and of course I've got questions lol.  Found the forge ahead book, place it in hot bar, use it and it doesn't unlock the forge.  What am I missing?  I've tried reading it everyway I know how but I'm lost at this point.  It seems any schematic that says it must be read from the hot bar doesn't work, just disappears. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Think I figured it out....need character levels it seems.  Thought it was just going poof.

You are correct. Some of them unlock perks, not recipes. I'm working on changing the item descriptions to explicitly state what perks they unlock to help with this confusion.

Does anyone got an idea for this construction problem.

I want that the electrical door will be closed when a Z is before it.

But currently i only could get power to the door when it detect (by a motion sensor) a Z (or a friend). I would need an inverter camera. Then the power get cut when they detect the target.

The other way, that the door open when a friend is before works fine.

Do i oversee/miss something maybe ?

I just generated a new random world and the starting trader only has 1 trader in it (Joel). I thought all the traders have 2 people there now? Is this a bugged world or can you occasionally still get traders with a single Joel at it? 

That is the problem with the random world, it is random.

The regular trader arn't that important. They are just shortcuts for Masterskills, some vehicles are only sold at secret stashes.

More important are the other DF NPC/POI, you can find the list at page 366 of this topic.

I have been playing this mod, brilliant, for a while. Well, for me and whenever I consume honey to try and cure my infection it does not workk all the time. My current play through I have consumed 3 jars of honey to try and cure that small amount of infection, at about 0.5%, it was at 0.2% when I started using the honey.

Is this intentional??

Version: V4.02-DEV-B4

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

Is there any way that we can have rwg maps that work with the mod or to put the DF POI´s/NPC´s needed in a map?

I just realized that there is a lack of T5 POI´s. The 2 big maps don´t have a shamway factory. The 12K even has only the pop and pills factory, no hospital and only one appartment building.

I assume we will get maps with compopack once it´s ready for A20, though it would be nice to have different maps to play even with CP.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

19 hours ago, jmido8 said:

I just generated a new random world and the starting trader only has 1 trader in it (Joel). I thought all the traders have 2 people there now? Is this a bugged world or can you occasionally still get traders with a single Joel at it? 

They do, Have you checked ALL of the trader?

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Is there any way that we can have rwg maps that work with the mod or to put the DF POI´s/NPC´s needed in a map?

I just realized that there is a lack of T5 POI´s. The 2 big maps don´t have a shamway factory. The 12K even has only the pop and pills factory, no hospital and only one appartment building.

I assume we will get maps with compopack once it´s ready for A20, though it would be nice to have different maps to play even with CP.

If you wanna edit the prefabs.xml and test the crap out of the scout to make sure everything works properly, sure.

No problem with extensive testing. Seeing if the quest chain works, doesn´t reveal a lot of the map actually.

@Canute thx, i didn´t see that one.

Well for now we are good with the existing ones, and the next playtrough will hopefully be on the maps with compopack, but i know that we are gonna want random maps after a while.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

On 3/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, Canute said:

Honey only got a 50% chance to cure the infection.

Cheers for that, I had a feeling in my water about that one.

This is my first DF playthrough and I am loving it. Day 17 and wanted to do the job "The Reward" from Eve. Went on a 5 km long ride just to find out I need those colored key cards for this job (I guess). So 5 km back to my base. I have a few blue and green ones. How do I know when I have enough key cards of all required colors to actually do the job completely? Are the key cards consumed after usage so that I need more than one of each color? Doing this on trial and error and therefore driving 10 km back and forth for nothing each time seems like a waste of time and bad idea. Maybe consider a hint in that direction for the quest description.

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

This is my first DF playthrough and I am loving it. Day 17 and wanted to do the job "The Reward" from Eve. Went on a 5 km long ride just to find out I need those colored key cards for this job (I guess). So 5 km back to my base. I have a few blue and green ones. How do I know when I have enough key cards of all required colors to actually do the job completely? Are the key cards consumed after usage so that I need more than one of each color? Doing this on trial and error and therefore driving 10 km back and forth for nothing each time seems like a waste of time and bad idea. Maybe consider a hint in that direction for the quest description.

You need few green cards (or were it blue?), and you will probably find some more in the bunker. But beware, I died several times, as you get waves over waves of zeds until you destroy the body bags. I only managed it after getting a coil pistol and coil carabine (I was on day 45 or 50). And i was lucky enough to buy a md500 heli (some 200k), which lowered the traveling time massively. Don't forget to put it in your inventory before entering ;) 

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

There are Red keycards too... I'm a little colorblind... found this out after a LONG trip back to base for the cards to find out the door didn't want green... it wanted red... lol

2 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

They are consumed.

Single doors are always green. Double doors are blue or red (they have coloured blocks above them to tell you)

For that specific quest, you need at LEAST 2.

Darkness Falls Mod: it's like Rocky Road compared to Vanilla

Every single playthrough I get burned at least once by not remembering to bring those keycards to the bunker and lab quests. Maybe the quest marker should be "Retrieve the supplies. (Requires KEYCARDS!)".

I think the quest description does mention keycards, but it's light on details, so I just chalk it up to learning the mod and roll with it. I figure it's part of the experience to fail once in a while.

18 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

You can clear all of the bunker with 0 key cards by breaking into it, I have a video up showing that. If RNG works in your favor, you can find enough cards to clear the lab with a single blue key card, I would suggest going with at least 3 blue and red, and 1 green though. Green is just used for alternate routes after the first one in the lab. Lab has a large loot room that can be accessed after using the one blue, then you can possibly get a lot more keys from the lockers/chests.

I have a question/issue.  I'm using A20.3 and DF 4.01

I'm trying to craft AP Robotic Turret Ammo Boxes.  I can craft the singles unlocked from Robotics Inventor but the boxes are locked and there is no icon to show what unlocks it.  Is there a book I should be finding that will let me unlock it or is it just a bug?  I could not find any patch notes listing if this was an issue that's been fixed in the DEV versions.

I'm level 250 and have unlocked all skills other than some of ones related to pistals, auto rifles  and such.

If it's a bug is there a command I can use to unlock it? 

4 hours ago, Nuclearmayhem said:

I have a question/issue.  I'm using A20.3 and DF 4.01

I'm trying to craft AP Robotic Turret Ammo Boxes.  I can craft the singles unlocked from Robotics Inventor but the boxes are locked and there is no icon to show what unlocks it.  Is there a book I should be finding that will let me unlock it or is it just a bug?  I could not find any patch notes listing if this was an issue that's been fixed in the DEV versions.

I'm level 250 and have unlocked all skills other than some of ones related to pistals, auto rifles  and such.

If it's a bug is there a command I can use to unlock it? 

It's actually supposed to be "unlocked." There's no "make crap for cheaper in bundles" recipes in DF. Bundles are only for storage purposes.

56 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

It's actually supposed to be "unlocked." There's no "make crap for cheaper in bundles" recipes in DF. Bundles are only for storage purposes.

Hmm..  Might be a vanilla coding issue.  Looking through the code I found a book that is supposed to unlock the bundles referencing a perk which doesn't exist in DF.  (Item is bookTechJunkie8Complete).  However I can't find any corresponding item for that book in the files so it may not exist in the vanilla game yet as it's only in the progression.xml file.  How the regular and shell bundles unlocked while the AP version did not i have no clue.  You use other code to unlock the base ammo recipes.

For now I added the line the following line to the progression file to fix it with the notion you shouldn't save resources unless you're top level.

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="5,5" value="1" tags="ammoBundleJunkTurretRegular,ammoBundleJunkTurretShell,ammoBundleJunkTurretAP"/>

In the code you'll find the item/recipe names.  I will leave it in your hands as to what you wish to do with those recipes in future DF updates.

1 hour ago, Zisquis said:

We're getting some invisible debuff that chunks our HP after being hit by a fireball.

It does around 150-200 damage before expiring, there's no debuff icon, and bandages/water does not stop it.

Already fixed in a dev build.

53 minutes ago, Nuclearmayhem said:

Hmm..  Might be a vanilla coding issue.  Looking through the code I found a book that is supposed to unlock the bundles referencing a perk which doesn't exist in DF.  (Item is bookTechJunkie8Complete).  However I can't find any corresponding item for that book in the files so it may not exist in the vanilla game yet as it's only in the progression.xml file.  How the regular and shell bundles unlocked while the AP version did not i have no clue.  You use other code to unlock the base ammo recipes.

For now I added the line the following line to the progression file to fix it with the notion you shouldn't save resources unless you're top level.

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="5,5" value="1" tags="ammoBundleJunkTurretRegular,ammoBundleJunkTurretShell,ammoBundleJunkTurretAP"/>

In the code you'll find the item/recipe names.  I will leave it in your hands as to what you wish to do with those recipes in future DF updates.

I just changed the recipe.

<recipe name="ammoBundleJunkTurretAP" count="1" craft_time="360" craft_area="workbench" tags="workbenchCrafting">
			<ingredient name="resourceScrapIron" count="5000"/>
		</recipe>

Well, I just landed my gyrocopter and hopped out.  Then the gyrocopter disappeared??  POOF!  I ran around little in area to see if it showed up on HUD as icon but nope.  Logged out and will log back in to see it shows up.  Hope so!