Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I did the "hot coffee" quest, was I supposed to receive 1 super coffee, because I didn't receive it.

I thought it would also unlock the recipe for the super coffee but it didn't.

How do we unlock the "gas can" recipe?

Any chance of getting the Valmod food recipes included in your mod? :smile-new:

Well I was gonna say it gives you the coffee recipie... apparently it doesn't. I broke that. So I need to fix it. Thank you for letting me know. :)

Gas can is a schematic you can find out in the world. It was in vanilla too. Mechanic just gets it for free.

I think I added quite a few of the Valmod food recipes. I didn't want to add them all due to lag, plus I felt some of them were just not needed.

Is it possible to build a spawn location menu or just edit the config to start near a city? I dont have a ton of time to play and really hate switching to creative mode to fly around (I end up spawning crap in since I already cheated)

Short answer, no.

Random gen is random. There's no way to guarantee that X and Y co-ordinates will put you near a city. If you absolutely MUST start near a city (and tbh, the mod usually starts you near a town at LEAST), then use the RWGPreviewer in the editing tools, scout out a map seed, find a city, take a note of the co-ords and then use DM to teleport yourself there.

However the point of the game is to actually go out and find this stuff.

The map seed I was using had a town. That was it and in a corner of the map. Wouldn't have found it in years. The above mention seed (rangerric0100) spawned me by a city|Trader. So I am happy. Thanks you both for your help!

You also need the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder.

Otherwise it'll crash because blocks and items are referencing Unity3D files in the mods folder and the DLL won't be patched to allow access to it. :)

The problem I get following your instructions is when I go to unpack on the server I always get

7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Accessibility.dll: Access is denied.

I tried the above in the data folder and also in the root folder to no avail.

Be carefull as I only live down the road from you lol, looking forward to introducing the clan to this mod.

cheers

Edited by Raptoruk (see edit history)

Huh. Not sure why you're getting an issue with that DLL. You definitely need the SDX payload stuff and the modified assembly-csharp.dll otherwise the items and blocks.xml files are referencing stuff the game can't load, so it'll just crash. :)

Only thing I'd suggest is try uploading without that DLL as I don't think it's modified anyways.

Deleted that dll and tried what you said and sure enough it fails on the next in alphabetical order, i have never in all my previous mods added anything other than data and mods zips and they worked , every time i tried to take the server data file as well it trips itself up exactly the same as it is doing now, I use the mod launcher so client is ok, its just this server side and then we can crack on, appreciate your help

7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\AmplifyMotion.dll: Access is denied.

That was straight over my head , see this is what happens when you let someone from haydock loose on technology,

what is chmod and how do I do it, if its a ballache no worries mate, just trying to get it fettled.

cheers

Alright, CHMOD is usually provided by whatever FTP program you use to upload to the server. :)

Basically you want to connect to the server, right-click the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder and there should be a CHMOD option. Take a note of whatever the default "numbers" are (usually something like 644), set it to either 775 or 777 and then try uploading.

That should fix it. Once that's done, set the folder back to what it was originally for security purposes.

By "Alpha 16.4 Download (Version 1.6.2, EAC Friendly, works for servers, no longer updated)" no longer updated. Do you mean that you have abandoned the mod, or just the EAC friendly part of it?

We play on a private server with EAC turned off, but increased minibike storage to 45 slots feels a bit too much, we're in it for the challenge if you know what I mean. We gave true survival a shot but it... was a bit strange, first we had to downgrade to 16.2, second the menu lagged as hell when you searched for something, and a lot of other stuff.

I know that I commented on the sounds earlier this week on your mod and I'm wondering if you've managed to find a fix? In my opinion, I'd rather have the sounds working flawless and not being able to salvage the tools, rather than being able to salvage them but have ♥♥♥♥ed up sounds. So much easier to just throw the titanium items away and create new ones, its just the things that strike, like tools and weapons, that need a working sound anyways.

Would it be possible to get a version of this mod somehow? Or maybe be able to edit it myself?

The EAC version is no longer updated because the mod uses SDX, so I didn't see the point in maintaining a code base for expanded storage and one without when they're both going to have patched DLL's anyways.

Regarding the tools, I haven't "fixed" them, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Being unable to scrap might be better than no sound, but I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks about that. :)

I can tell you which XML part to edit for the minibike storage later if you want. Backpack can't be tweaked because it's patched in the DLL, so decreasing the size might cause issues.

The EAC version is no longer updated because the mod uses SDX, so I didn't see the point in maintaining a code base for expanded storage and one without when they're both going to have patched DLL's anyways.

Regarding the tools, I haven't "fixed" them, but I'm inclined to agree with you. Being unable to scrap might be better than no sound, but I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks about that. :)

I can tell you which XML part to edit for the minibike storage later if you want. Backpack can't be tweaked because it's patched in the DLL, so decreasing the size might cause issues.

Alright, nah it's not a huge deal really, just makes returning base less of a hassle, I'm more interested in having sounds for the items :p The only issues I noticed when I tried the mod was the sound for tools, sound for auto shotgun (Which I think is beyond your power to fix, 7dtd dev team gotta fix their stuff), and the horde night being empty.

But Imma try the horde night now by spawning in tons of zombies and leveling up extremely fast, and then forward to a horde night, it should work, right? Just to test it out.

Edit: Forgot that I kinda asked the same question earlier, and you said a guy on the discord told you day 28 was insane, that's EXACTLY what we are looking for. We want the base game to be as difficult as it is now, but the horde nights to be way, way harder. Normally without mods, we have a breeze until day 7, try to survive day 7 which isn't really hard, just use wooden spikes which kills everything, then you've got AKs by day 14 without ease.

This sounds exactly what we want, really hard horde nights, I want to feel the panic to get inside the house towards the horde night, spending 7 days prior to the night to just stock up on food, meds and ammo, and then barely survive after a horde night. We've put block durability as low as 10% when playing without mods, but the spikes are too OP, and the zombies need to destroy the houses faster.

Edited by Blindguard (see edit history)

Completely agreed with you on the spikes.

And I'm actually working on some "block breaker" zombies for 1.8. :) I could just increase the base block damage across the board, but I didn't want to do that and unbalance everything.

Completely agreed with you on the spikes.

And I'm actually working on some "block breaker" zombies for 1.8. :) I could just increase the base block damage across the board, but I didn't want to do that and unbalance everything.

That's awesome! Well, the games main issue atm is the learning curve, when I first got to the game, there were 4 of us, all complete noobs, with a lot of experience from Rust and DayZ, but 7dtd is really unique with the horde concept. We got absolutely shredded at the start, however as soon as we got into the game, found out that the minibike existed and how to actually upgrade blocks, craft spikes and guns, it was way too easy. The zombies just ran into spikes and die, and if we decide to not use any spikes (Which sucks, I hate limiting myself), we just stand on the wall and spray down on the zombies which seem to come from only one direction.

Once you know the game, it's all too easy, even on the max difficulty, we had one difficult horde night, thats when we had like 15-20 birds flying around and poking at us. We had to dedicate 2 guys with hunting rifles to take them down. I'm thinking of using this mod, putting zombie horde count to 64, max zombie spawn to 80, block durability to 25%. But I would love to increase the cost of the wood spikes, and I think that should be possible inside one of the XML files if I'm not mistaken? Also increase headshot multiplier, esp for melee weapons, cause it's a bit silly when a zombie take 50 bows in the chest, or 20 in the head, also, the melee is really weak in comparison.

By the way, what's the deal with the hardcore mode.zip and 1.6 rwgmixer.zip inside the BBM45-master.zip? What are they for?

Okay, ignore the 1.6 rwgmixer file. That's not going to be used anymore.

Hardcore mode I need to update, but the game STARTS you at 0,0 for spawn point and removes the day from under the compass. So the only way to know what day it is would be via vending machine or trader, AND you start in the wasteland.

I need to re-patch that file for clients and servers. :)

Regarding the spikes, that would be in recipes.xml for how much they cost to craft, so easy to change and you only need to do it server-side if you want to do that. :)

EDIT: You can remove the day manually if you like. I can tell you the bit of code that controls that. Again, would only have to be a server-side modification.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Okay, ignore the 1.6 rwgmixer file. That's not going to be used anymore.

Hardcore mode I need to update, but the game STARTS you at 0,0 for spawn point and removes the day from under the compass. So the only way to know what day it is would be via vending machine or trader, AND you start in the wasteland.

I need to re-patch that file for clients and servers. :)

Regarding the spikes, that would be in recipes.xml for how much they cost to craft, so easy to change and you only need to do it server-side if you want to do that. :)

EDIT: You can remove the day manually if you like. I can tell you the bit of code that controls that. Again, would only have to be a server-side modification.

Not showing a day would be awesome, the timer is already gone which I love, and ye, I found it in the recipes.xml, set cost to 150 each :p

How would I go about to hide the day?

Not showing a day would be awesome, the timer is already gone which I love, and ye, I found it in the recipes.xml, set cost to 150 each :p

How would I go about to hide the day?

Okay, huge info dump incoming for you. :) I'll include all 3 spikes just in-case you missed one.

Recipes.xml

<recipe name="scrapIronLogSpike4" count="1"> <!-- trap -->
<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="40"/>
</recipe>

<recipe name="trapSpikesNew" count="1"> <!-- trap -->
<ingredient name="wood" count="20"/>
</recipe>

<recipe name="woodLogSpike1" count="1"> <!-- trap -->
<ingredient name="wood" count="15"/>
</recipe>

Loot.xml - This changes the minibike storage back to 32 slot.

<!-- minibike storage -->
<lootcontainer id="62" count="0" size="4,8" sound_open="UseActions/open_shopping_basket" open_time="0" sound_close="UseActions/close_shopping_basket" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
</lootcontainer>

Windows.xml under windowCompass. Delete this to remove the day (you may only need to delete the label part)

<sprite pos="200,-60" sprite="" color="255,255,255,255" globalopacitymod="1.8">
<label depth="6" width="300" height="30" pos="0,24" text="{daytitle}: {day|always}" font_size="28" pivot="center" effect="outline" upper_case="true" justify="center"/>
</sprite>

That should do it. :)

Okay, huge info dump incoming for you. :) I'll include all 3 spikes just in-case you missed one.

Recipes.xml

<recipe name="scrapIronLogSpike4" count="1"> <!-- trap -->
<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="40"/>
</recipe>

<recipe name="trapSpikesNew" count="1"> <!-- trap -->
<ingredient name="wood" count="20"/>
</recipe>

<recipe name="woodLogSpike1" count="1"> <!-- trap -->
<ingredient name="wood" count="15"/>
</recipe>

Loot.xml - This changes the minibike storage back to 32 slot.

<!-- minibike storage -->
<lootcontainer id="62" count="0" size="4,8" sound_open="UseActions/open_shopping_basket" open_time="0" sound_close="UseActions/close_shopping_basket" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">
</lootcontainer>

Windows.xml under windowCompass. Delete this to remove the day (you may only need to delete the label part)

<sprite pos="200,-60" sprite="" color="255,255,255,255" globalopacitymod="1.8">
<label depth="6" width="300" height="30" pos="0,24" text="{daytitle}: {day|always}" font_size="28" pivot="center" effect="outline" upper_case="true" justify="center"/>
</sprite>

That should do it. :)

Damn, thanks a lot for the help! Apparently steam servers decided to die on me, but I tested it offline and it works flawlessly! I also took the liberty to increase headshot multiplier inside items.xml as well as increase zombie hp in the entityclasses files, thats when I noticed that the behemoth has been cut off, is it possible to just delete the comment marks and make it active?

Yeeeeeeah... I kinda added a LOT of zombies so it breaks the menu. :)

Use the spawnentity command in the console. It'll tell you YOUR entity number, and then list all entities.If my memory is correct, you want 236 for the female one, 237 for the radiated female one and 259 for the male.

I figured that was a good compromise since the proper behemoth doesn't work :D

EDIT: And aside from UI, this is what I've been working on.

I noticed the behemots pathing is a bit choppy, at least when I'm on the ground, and I cant seem to spawn hornet soldier/Worker, but the queen works fine :p Anything you're aware of?

Tbh, I'm just trying to help at this point, because this mod is badass, and you are really active which is great.

Ye, that menu looks nice, feels immersive, and this mod really makes the horde nights harder, damn, I put myself to level 40 last night and changed to day 21, I got rekt.

Edit: ♥♥♥♥ me, my heart.

:D Edited by Blindguard (see edit history)