Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

It's not clear if this has happened since the latest version was updated, but multiple occurrences of "DemonLord" in multiplayer can be quite server intensive.
In addition, the fire ball of the "Succubus" seemed to be fired in a strange direction, but it was quite unstable as an invisible ball was fired at us.
Are these problems due to our server environment?

11 hours ago, WIKKIDJOKER said:

im sure you have figured this out but when i get it its an issue with the world or a spacific chunk, seems like a corruption and i had to remake the map

I actually haven't been on since this because I had no idea what it was lol. I will try remaking the map

has anyone noticed that the items are costing more then it says i made a coil shotgun and it claimed 1 oil but took 14 as i had a stack of 50 in my inventory, and a helicopter that was 120,000 cost 147,000 as there was more coins in the inventory

Hello. So I was getting an issue with a corrupted chunk on every world I created, meaning I had to delete the region in my save files and therefore losing my base. I uninstalled the game and did a fresh install, along with the latest version of the mod.

It now seems like I am getting substantially more XP per zombie kill (like 30%-50% of a level per kill.) Is this normal? Does this just apply to early stages or am I going to fly through levels? I'm on a solo world with 100% XP multiplier. I know I can decrease the % setting, just wondering if it is wise, or if there is another setting that modifies the multiplier.

I preferred the slightly more grindy feel that I had before uninstalling the game (of course not too grindy that it becomes unfun,) can someone tell me the settings required to reach this? Before I needed 50-60 kills to reach level 5, now I'm level 3 after literally 6 kills.

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2023 at 5:13 PM, ihatetfp said:

Some things i noticed recently while playing on DF 5.0.1 :

Consuming Animal fat gives 5 food while tooltip says it gives 0
Caitlinn respawns when server is restarted, unlike vanilla traders - she wont keep her inventory and wont accept old quests to turn in, results in being stuck with quests that where not turned in IF the server is restarted between finishing and turning in. Remaining retrieved supplies are stuck in inventory until quest is canceled/removed by player.

Found vehicle without hitbox, which i at first assumed to be repairable (cant be repaired nor harvested) - on supercity map, coordinates: 762E 968S

Happy holidays you all.

The animal fat thing is just funny.
Caitlin uses the same entity class as vanilla traders, so not a lot I can do about that.
Co-ords don't help because the maps are decorated depending on GAME NAME.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:50 PM, ihatetfp said:

I forgot: Power Armor does not benefit from advanced muffled connector mod (armor's stats remain unchanged)

Intended

On 12/30/2023 at 3:08 PM, Baron3813 said:

Does anyone have an idea as to why in multiplayer sometimes getting in a vehicle will bug out and cause the gamma to go way up and break hand animations? Reloading seems to fix the issue right now

Nope. Nor am I spending time on MP bugs cos I'm tired of working around them.

On 12/31/2023 at 5:12 AM, kirara404 said:

It's not clear if this has happened since the latest version was updated, but multiple occurrences of "DemonLord" in multiplayer can be quite server intensive.
In addition, the fire ball of the "Succubus" seemed to be fired in a strange direction, but it was quite unstable as an invisible ball was fired at us.
Are these problems due to our server environment?

Succubus has been fine for me locally, so that's probably server lag. Demon lord is probably due to the buffs, which we are looking at changing.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:01 PM, WIKKIDJOKER said:

or reload the game with a fresh copy and mods see if that fixes it first

@KhaineGB happy new years brother, have you made any progress on the thick mission? and have you noticed an issue with the animal snare? ours doesnt seem to work we are on 5.0.1

Nope, to both. Snares are working just fine.

11 hours ago, chard said:

Hello. So I was getting an issue with a corrupted chunk on every world I created, meaning I had to delete the region in my save files and therefore losing my base. I uninstalled the game and did a fresh install, along with the latest version of the mod.

It now seems like I am getting substantially more XP per zombie kill (like 30%-50% of a level per kill.) Is this normal? Does this just apply to early stages or am I going to fly through levels? I'm on a solo world with 100% XP multiplier. I know I can decrease the % setting, just wondering if it is wise, or if there is another setting that modifies the multiplier.

I preferred the slightly more grindy feel that I had before uninstalling the game (of course not too grindy that it becomes unfun,) can someone tell me the settings required to reach this? Before I needed 50-60 kills to reach level 5, now I'm level 3 after literally 6 kills.

Lower levels currently are a bit too quick. I just re-did the XP amounts for testing.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, mar3ld said:

Hi.

Are you the developer / creator behind Darkness Falls?

As I understand it you're not interested in hosting DF from yet another source. That is understandable. I'd really like to make DF5 compatible with the gaming system of our choice and the developer of it doesn't seem to be able to use the officially provided Azure link.

Would you consider allowing myself / my company or another one host a secondary compatible link with the latest available download of DF?

Yes I am.

And no, you can't. re-host it. Tell your host to fix their crap or move host. It's that simple. Azure is not some dodgy site. It's literally the microsoft version of git that wont charge me my kidneys and first born in order to host the mod.

The link ONLY changes between alpha versions in case someone needs the last version of the mod for  the previous alpha. That's it.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Lower levels currently are a bit too quick. I just re-did the XP amounts for testing.

Ok no problem, glad it's not just me. Thank you for the reply, I have reduced XP rate to 25% for now and will increase later when it gets too slow.

Also wanted to thank you for your hard work, your mod is SO much better than vanilla :) 

Vanilla just isn't fun anymore.. 

@KhaineGB 

DFalls v5.0.1

Suggestions:

1. Let Animal Feed bags be harvested for Animal Feed instead of Corn Seeds (5 feed per seed).
    • The benefit is that DFalls actually has animal feed, unlike A21, and being able to harvest it directly will allow players to use Beehives, Animal Snares, and Chicken Coops without Apple or Banana trees.
  2. Consider a new resource for making Ink: Pigment.
    • Gun powder graphic.
    • Stackable to 20 or 250.
    • Let Dyes salvage into 1 Pigment (base 10 seconds salvage time).
    • Craft Pigment with same crop combinations as v5.0.1 Ink recipes, 2 each in Campfire or 1 each in Chemstation.  Consider removing the Water ingredient (5-10 Water per Ink seems excessive, but Water's pretty easy in DFalls so it's all good).
    • Craft Ink with Honey + Egg + 5 Pigment in Chemstation; Double ingredients in Campfire.
    • The benefit of Pigment is that Dyes retain most of their previous value while taking up less inventory space (after salvaging), and players don't need to farm large numbers of a couple crops to make Ink.  With Dyes being part of the input resource pool, it will be easier for non-Farmer non-Scientist classes to unlock other classes.

I've noticed an issue with the new Crouch mechanic.  When you emerge from under a 1-block opening while sprinting, your speed often stays slow even when you uncrouch.  If you stop completely, crouch, and uncrouch, then your speed returns to normal.  I wanted to share the solution I noticed, but if it's a fixable issue that would be sweet.

Edited by Brevan (see edit history)

An addendum to the above since I'm not allowed to edit it after some time...

Bugs (v5.0.1):

1. Titanium Plated armor allows Muffler mods despite making no noise.
  2. Coconut trees (visually) appear harvestable during their growing state (assuming states Seed->Growing->Fruit->Picked->Fruit) have no HP, attempting to harvest them just destroys them while harvesting nothing.  Not sure if this is fixable, since I recall you mentioning trees weren't being very cooperative (wild Orange and Coconut trees requiring 2 hits, etc).

Another addendum

Bugs (v5.0.1):

1. Crowbar power attack repairs for 10HP, costs 100 Stamina, and summons a Screamer.  If this is canon, interesting.  It took me quite a while to realize the Screamer effect, but my first clue was leaving a POI with 6 Screamers banging on a door (I have confirmed they were Crowbar Power attack related).  Very exciting.  If it's hard to reproduce, let me know and I'll try to figure out what I'm doing to cause it (e.g. the character has no Blunt Weapon perks).

Good day Khaine. First thank you for all your hard work on DF. Also love your cameo’s on Neebs channel. To my question: I’ve been using the mega city mod you made for Josh back in A20. It’s worked on every mod on A21. Just updated to A21.2 to get your v5 DF mod to play. Now it isn’t working. Couple small towns and hundreds of wild poi’s. Would that be the NoFunPimps latest stable or did you change up RWG for v5? I played your 2nd exp release for A21 and it still worked fine. Also if you have a spare moment (yeah right lol) could you make an update for mega city mod? Thanks and much fortune and favor for the misses, the cats, and yourself this new year. Cheers

i've been playing this mod, but i cant find nitrate or brass! I'm playing A21.2 ... I read that i can find it in snow and burnt, but can't find it too on map! Only Forest, desert and radiated area! 

Someone can help me ? 

But this MOD is INSANE !! i'm loving it! 

There is no Burnt biome in this version of Darkness Falls, so there might be a misunderstanding.  Nitrate can be mined in the Forest and and Snow biomes.  In DFalls v5.0.1 it seems very rare (10%?) to find non-Iron boulders on the surface of the Forest biome (Iron, Coal, Nitrate), but keep mining boulders and see what Ore you get alongside Stone.  In the Snow biome (Nitrate Coal Lead), it's rare to find non-Nitrate boulders.  Just like the base game, there will be a vein of the ore below ground, you just won't find a block of the ore above ground.

Another source of Brass is scrapping Brass Casings (you'll find plenty (for my mostly-melee playstyle) of ammo if you loot POIs) or unwanted brass ammo.  To be fair, the main reason to look for Brass is to make Brass Castings.  If you have a Crucible, then you could also consider Steel Casings for making bullets.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:51 AM, Brevan said:

Another addendum

Bugs (v5.0.1):

1. Crowbar power attack repairs for 10HP, costs 100 Stamina, and summons a Screamer.  If this is canon, interesting.  It took me quite a while to realize the Screamer effect, but my first clue was leaving a POI with 6 Screamers banging on a door (I have confirmed they were Crowbar Power attack related).  Very exciting.  If it's hard to reproduce, let me know and I'll try to figure out what I'm doing to cause it (e.g. the character has no Blunt Weapon perks).

I only use crowbar power attacks on locked loot crates anymore. If there is a safe or wall safe also, then its a big chance that the wench in white will try to ruin your day. So yes, I can pick the locks but its so very convenient to just smash and grab the loot and get the hell out. Bank POI's are a deathtrap. Crowbar a few wall safes and you'd best get running to the exit!

Are there any plans for darkness falls to improve storage similarly to UL? It's just annoying to constantly make boxes only holding 60 slots of stuff. Would be nice if we could craft 400-1000 slot storage containers

I've checked around about as much as I can, but I cant find any info - is there now supposed to be an extra step to access the laser workbench? On the latest build, DFalls-Large2-PEP

Spoiler

I see it's moved from the second to last room, to the last room of the second to last floor, but I can't interact with it (no prompt), also can't interact with the fusion forges in the research facility. I can break them down, such as with a wrench or pickaxe, but no interact prompt to open a crafting menu. https://imgur.com/RIys8G8

I've tried moving around it to look at it from every angle to see if it's just a weird interaction box like the desks can be, but no luck.

Edited by Vapid Actions (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Vapid Actions said:

I've checked around about as much as I can, but I cant find any info - is there now supposed to be an extra step to access the laser workbench? On the latest build, DFalls-Large2-PEP

Hide contents

I see it's moved from the second to last room, to the last room of the second to last floor, but I can't interact with it (no prompt), also can't interact with the fusion forges in the research facility. I can break them down, such as with a wrench or pickaxe, but no interact prompt to open a crafting menu. https://imgur.com/RIys8G8

I've tried moving around it to look at it from every angle to see if it's just a weird interaction box like the desks can be, but no luck.

They changed how getting the work bench works. You do Anna's quest and you are rewarded with a portal device. Or you destroy and loot the blue portal in the lab. You will get a portal device which looks like a black key card and you use it to make your first laser workbench in the metal workstation. You can make more laser work benches in your laser workbench without the portal device. Caitlin will also sell portal devices from time to time.