Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hello, I updated df and I have the problem that I can't repair or upgrade blocks. With each attempt, the console opens with the message:

2023-08-21T18:45:03 961.363 EXC MissingMethodException: Method Not found: int. Inventory. GetItemCount(ItemValue.bool.int.int.bool)

What can I do?

Thanks in advance 😊

Edited by NoArmsNoCookies (see edit history)

2 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

IT's a Shame some people just can't or are to Just lazy to Write the Notes. 😒

The OldGamer 😌

I am guessing that you mean 'read the notes'? I suspect many of us have skimmed over 'notes' and later realise that it would have gone better had we paid closer attention. Mistakes happen. 

🤬 Learn by doing, not so?

Hi! Regarding DF21.1 - I updated to B19, and I’m not sure if it’s just me, but the zombie loot seems to be a little repetitive.. Nearly every loot bag that has dropped for me contains shotgun shells, a blood bag and wood? Even after 2 horde nights, each bag contains items among the same, with sometimes steroids instead of a blood bag, even with lucky goggles. (I have no other mods loaded outside of DF) - I’ve had the same kind of issue with air drops as well, all air drops up to day 15 (default settings) have all contained a single item, and is usually a tool of some kind. 

Edited by BaseGlitter2295 (see edit history)

Vehicles for Dumb@%$#s is capping out at 2 reads. It will not let me get the third book.

Edit: Just for clarity. On a play through I found them at separate times. When I realized I couldn't get the third book I created a new game and consoled in 3 copies along with forge ahead and farming tips, placed them at separate slots on the hotbar and read them slowly. After the second vehicle adventures the third showed an open book and when I read it it went to the first spot that held it in the hotbar.

Edited by wanderinpaladin (see edit history)

2 hours ago, BaseGlitter2295 said:

Hi! Regarding DF21.1 - I updated to B19, and I’m not sure if it’s just me, but the zombie loot seems to be a little repetitive.. Nearly every loot bag that has dropped for me contains shotgun shells, a blood bag and wood? Even after 2 horde nights, each bag contains items among the same, with sometimes steroids instead of a blood bag, even with lucky goggles. (I have no other mods loaded outside of DF) - I’ve had the same kind of issue with air drops as well, all air drops up to day 15 (default settings) have all contained a single item, and is usually a tool of some kind. 

I would do a clean install of the game and B19; it sounds like something is rather broken.

I seem to be getting a decent variety of stuff from zombie drops.

Only had two air drops so far, but the first was one painkiller and one bandage (not even a first aid one. Possibly the most depressing air drop I've ever had) and the second had a portable lathe. Fewer items than in 4.1.2, I think, but a bit too early to tell for me.

What I'm not getting at all from anything is tools for workstations, except for sewing kits, anvils and bellows (i.e. those that are in vanilla), but maybe they're not in the drop tables yet.

2 hours ago, BaseGlitter2295 said:

As per the known issues...

Zombie loot isn't done yet.

1 hour ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Vehicles for Dumb@%$#s is capping out at 2 reads. It will not let me get the third book.

Edit: Just for clarity. On a play through I found them at separate times. When I realized I couldn't get the third book I created a new game and consoled in 3 copies along with forge ahead and farming tips, placed them at separate slots on the hotbar and read them slowly. After the second vehicle adventures the third showed an open book and when I read it it went to the first spot that held it in the hotbar.

Cheers. I'll check the book :)

28 minutes ago, Similar said:

I would do a clean install of the game and B19; it sounds like something is rather broken.

I seem to be getting a decent variety of stuff from zombie drops.

Only had two air drops so far, but the first was one painkiller and one bandage (not even a first aid one. Possibly the most depressing air drop I've ever had) and the second had a portable lathe. Fewer items than in 4.1.2, I think, but a bit too early to tell for me.

What I'm not getting at all from anything is tools for workstations, except for sewing kits, anvils and bellows (i.e. those that are in vanilla), but maybe they're not in the drop tables yet.

They are definitely in the loot tables. Anywhere a tool can spawn, they can.

I also just increased loot in hidden stash and air drops because it was pretty bad.

The good news is that my RWG maps now have all the DF sites but there are two of each i.e. two Anna's, two bunkers, etc. As for Vanilla traders, I'm getting 48-51 traders on a 10k map. Is that just me? 😃 Otherwise looking good so far,  - except the traders won't let me put down bedrolls or any other objects. 

Not sure if intentional but the Hunter class Threat Assessment perk does not activate if you crouch while moving. It will only activate if you crouch while standing still. 

Unable to get water from Working Player Sinks and the "Granite Sink" version is only the faucet, not the entire sink.

@KhaineGB

- After doing 10 missions for Scout I'm not allowed to do Tier 2 Missions for her (next-Trader working fine), but I can for Trader Rekt.  Scout's skill-teaching list showed Science Crafting twice (might be related to me already having Tool Crafting 2 and Blade Crafting 1)

- Not a big deal, but Scout not selling Aloe is intended I suppose?  Not sure where the Desert is, and wasn't expecting Scientist mission 2 (find aloe) to take long :).  It's alright of course, I've found a couple seeds...Should be good to go in a couple weeks *sniff*.

Aside from that, I've seen the projectile from Hazmat without trouble.

I can confirm Rain Catcher grows nearby crops despite no shown water.

13 hours ago, tithin said:

Question though: is dying supposed to have a permanent impact in your health and stamina?

Currently level 11, had 100+ health, died, and now my max is 80/80

Max Health is based on your current Wellness.

Your Wellness starts at 100 out of 200.

A perk under Athleticism raises it +10 current and +20 max.

Good food and drinks raise your current Wellness, but you won't get the Wellness benefit again while the "Good food/water" icons are visible (lasts 10 minutes for good snacks, and 20 minutes for excellent snacks).

I'm still trying to get remember the updates for the spitters. Went into a cracka cafe had a momma pop up from behind the counter and spray the bookshelves. She almost took out the precious books. I've seen hazmats, mommas, and tourists all spit. I even used a momma to take out a chunk of a wandering horde. This update isn't half as bad as using Halmod. *shudders* had a wandering horde of mutateds on Day 2 and a horde of cops on the morning of day 7. It wouldn't have been as bad if the Halmod didn't have feral sense hard coded on....uh...Khaine, please don't get any ideas....

3 hours ago, Brevan said:

@KhaineGB

- After doing 10 missions for Scout I'm not allowed to do Tier 2 Missions for her (next-Trader working fine), but I can for Trader Rekt.  Scout's skill-teaching list showed Science Crafting twice (might be related to me already having Tool Crafting 2 and Blade Crafting 1)

- Not a big deal, but Scout not selling Aloe is intended I suppose?  Not sure where the Desert is, and wasn't expecting Scientist mission 2 (find aloe) to take long :).  It's alright of course, I've found a couple seeds...Should be good to go in a couple weeks *sniff*.

Good food and drinks raise your current Wellness, but you won't get the Wellness benefit again while the "Good food/water" icons are visible (lasts 10 minutes for good snacks, and 20 minutes for excellent snacks).

Thank you - I only started playing 7dtd back in May - so many of these changes are new to me.

Apologies if the questions are elementary!

On a trader related note: It looks like "Abandoned trader" outposts are considered by the mod to be a valid trade route quest - making it uncompletable.

Edited by tithin (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, tithin said:

Thank you - I only started playing 7dtd back in May - so many of these changes are new to me.

On a trader related note: It looks like "Abandoned trader" outposts are considered by the mod to be a valid trade route quest - making it uncompletable.

We all started sometime :)

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

[workstation tools]

They are definitely in the loot tables. Anywhere a tool can spawn, they can.

Very weird then. At this point in 4.1.2 I would already have found tons, so I'm pretty sure they can't drop in this game. Maybe using a B17 save with B19 does cause problems, after all.

I guess I should start over. Can't really progress much without a welding torch.

Very minor thing, btw: All treasure map 'quests' have failed for me. Right after unlocking the chests with lockpicks, I get a message saying the quest failed (and they get marked as failed in the quest list), but I can open the chests and they seem to contain what you'd expect.

10 hours ago, Apocalipservice said:

The good news is that my RWG maps now have all the DF sites but there are two of each i.e. two Anna's, two bunkers, etc. As for Vanilla traders, I'm getting 48-51 traders on a 10k map. Is that just me? 😃 Otherwise looking good so far,  - except the traders won't let me put down bedrolls or any other objects. 

Traders thing is due to the patch. We're tryting to decide if we want to fix that or not. I also have a potential fix for other traders so you'll get less.

10 hours ago, PatDTan said:

Not sure if intentional but the Hunter class Threat Assessment perk does not activate if you crouch while moving. It will only activate if you crouch while standing still. 

Unable to get water from Working Player Sinks and the "Granite Sink" version is only the faucet, not the entire sink.

The hunter thing works the same way as animal tracking, Not planning to spend more time on it.

10 hours ago, Brevan said:

@KhaineGB

Will have a look at the scout quests, but haven't had that reported.
Aloe is not intended and has been tweaked locally, which I need to test.

6 hours ago, tithin said:

I have been told this is fixed. It's a PEP issue.

4 hours ago, Similar said:

Very weird then. At this point in 4.1.2 I would already have found tons, so I'm pretty sure they can't drop in this game. Maybe using a B17 save with B19 does cause problems, after all.

I guess I should start over. Can't really progress much without a welding torch.

Very minor thing, btw: All treasure map 'quests' have failed for me. Right after unlocking the chests with lockpicks, I get a message saying the quest failed (and they get marked as failed in the quest list), but I can open the chests and they seem to contain what you'd expect.

I'll do some loot testing on the working stiff crates. I think hugh sells them too. And i'll look at the treasure.

To clarify my previous post,

I am aware that Threat Assessment and Animal Tracking work the same. I was simply wondering if it was intentionally different from A20, where you could be walking/running around and crouch, while moving, and it would activate versus now in A21, where it will no longer activate if you are moving. You have to crouch while standing still for it to activate.

Feel like that the circle on treasure maps are too small, not like in vanilla the circle on treasure maps are definitely bigger.And also when i lock picked the treasure chest i always fail the quest,i can still loot it and get the loot inside tho.

And the loot bags i feel like they always have alot of ammo on each of them.

I was wondering if it was intended or not because i felt like it was too easy to find ammo, especially how common zombies drop loot bags in this mod.

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Traders thing is due to the patch. We're tryting to decide if we want to fix that or not. I also have a potential fix for other traders so you'll get less.

Ah good - I was worried that I did a sloppy install because beer. So extra chance of getting DFalls Pois on RWG maps? I'm down w/ that. Glad that the trader swarm will be brought under control though. 😆 Thanks for getting this done so quickly - I wasn't having fun in vanilla. *shrug* 

Has anyone else had an issue playing on multiplayer? When I die I am unable to spawn near my backpack, if I click nothing happens, but spawn on or near my bed work.

If the person I'm playing with dies he can't spawn near his backpack and only once in awhile can he spawn on/near his bed. The other times the game either freezes and he has to force close and load back in or it goes to a screen that says starting game and stays there. I have completely reinstalled both 7d2d and Darkness Falls twice and still have the same issue. He does not have this problem playing vanilla 7d2d 🤔

Edited by KDK241 (see edit history)

@KhaineGB 5.0.0 B19

- I started a new game and did 10 Scout missions, she's showing T2 missions as expected, so my earlier issue (no T2 Scout missions) was probably caused by transitioning from B17 to B19.

- My new B19 game's Scout has had Aloe (10, and restocked 6) available, so I guess it was just RNG with my first game.

- AR-15 and AK-47 (quality 12ish) show all non-damage stats as zeros.  Pistol, primitive bow, and Doublebarrel Shotgun displaying normally.

- Tomato Juice still seems oddly cheap ($120 in VMachine $105 at Trader) vs Boiled Water ($140 at Trader) or Rice Milk ($400 at VMachine).  If the cost of things were $7/Water then I'd expect Boiled Water to be $140, Rice Milk to be $210, and Tomato Juice to be $350.  Maybe +50% if it does something fancy like Yucca Smoothie.  Since you mentioned taking a look at drink prices in B19, I'll assume the next update is canon.

- It might be worth adding a line to Animal Snares (either item or journal description) regarding their placement, I've placed 4 and 3 of them disappeared.  They were placed in touching pairs, one pair beside a Chicken Coop (sunken down 2 blocks) and the other pair beside 2 beehives (sunken down 1 block).  They're outside and on the ground, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.  If anyone knows I'd be happy to hear.  I recall in the past using them without trouble when they had empty blocks surrounding them (I was going for a more compact placement this time, but maybe they have to be spread out?).

Edited by Brevan (see edit history)