Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 hours ago, Similar said:

I'm not sure if they're limited to specific traders. I feel like I've seen calipers at other traders, at least.

I actually found calipers in a Working Stiff crate too, but it seems like a rather rare thing. I'd guess most of the other tools can be found in those crates too, if you're lucky.

Okay. Thank you.

15 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

I have sleepers respawning inside my LCB (placed on day two) and close to my bed. Third time this location is respawned. I am in this base every day and it happens frequently, not only here but on at least two more places in the building. Could be vanilla or POI issue but no use bug reporting it since I play modded. Just thought I would share just in case it is A DF issue.

Reveal hidden contents

LCB_Spawn.thumb.jpg.b42d29cecd4dbcfeabd3ce426537df17.jpgLCB_Spawn.thumb.jpg.1220a2def07bc7664a980d65e3f4ccb2.jpg

That's not a DF problem. That's vanilla.

9 hours ago, drmugwump95 said:

@KhaineGB afternoon, noticed a few things while playing last night. The rigging both Normal and advanced you can't put them on any armour and the broadcast upgrade doesn't work either. Didn't know whether it was known or not so thought I'd drop it here

Pretty sure that's all fixed in B20.

13 hours ago, Woodbutcher824 said:

Okay. Thank you.

I should note that I took Survivalist as my second class and I think the workstation tools first showed up at the traders after I put some points into Charismatic Nature, but it may have been a coincidence. I would think that no matter what Charismatic Nature does give a better chance, though.

Having a blast with 20 experimental - literally now that hazmats, Big Mommas, etc are walking bombs. 😃 What's the ultimate plan for the traders' POIs? Will be able to place bedrolls, campfires - new gates etc in their bases?    ...also, am I the only one that rlly doesn't like Hugh's and Rekt's new POIs? Didn't see a need rlly for one thing.🙄Lovin' the PEP abandoned traders though. 

Build 21 is ready! The testers had a version without the zombie loot, and everything seems to be running well. I've had a quick run through zombie loot and can't find anything that might break the game, so I figure it's safe for all of you to have access to.

Just to remind folks, as it has been asked in the past, this is for 21.1 (not 21.0) and saves SEEM ok. I tried it on my YT save and didn't get reset, but a new save is always recommended.

Have fun!

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B21

- Fixed large fuel log when dropped. Was heckin' chonker. Is now on diet.
- Fixed clay bucket turning into a normal bucket when filled and then emptied.
- Fixed the workbenches perk being purchasable when the player is a laborer, when they don't need to buy it.
- Fixed UI display on lucky goggles since the digging thing works now.
- Fixed Improved Heating Element not being installable in things.
- Fixed traders selling incorrect quality levels for tools, weapons and armor.
- Fixed some incorrect hand items on zombies for when they get their legs blown off and turn into crawlers.
- Fixed incorrect hand item on ranged zombies, and spit starting too far away from the zombie so it may appear invisible.
- Fixed random NRE with trader quest rewards (this was a loot group fix, not a quest fix, so it should NOT cause a save reset).
- Fixed timer disparity on sprains between the buff in the bottom left and what is shown on the players buffs screen.
- Fixed crowbar not having bonus against some POI end loot chests.
- Fixed exploding arrows/bolts not stacking.
- Fixed overlapping text/icons in the bottom right of the UI for collected items
- Fixed Bob offering Electric Traps 3 too early.
- Fixed constant "You are protected from radiation" spam with hazmat suit and radiation ready mods.
- Fixed action skill books being in the wrong category for traders.
- Fixed Hornet being unable to hit player properly.
- Fixed random NRE's with the DF questline (Scout -> Razor -> Eve -> Anna).
- Fixed Big Bunker not resetting when you hit ! because of stupid vanilla code.
- Fixed arrow and crossbow bolt bundles giving incorrect amounts vs how many you need to craft.

- Fixed Recog, Fortbites and Diazepam instantly disappearing.
- Fixed incorrect time display on various drugs and some drinks. Let me know if you spot more.
- Fixed steroids not being removed and wrapping around to 1hr duration.
- Fixed Hazmat parts not scrapping to Hazmat Fiber.
- Fixed nightvision goggles not fitting in the military stealth helmet.
- "Fixed" ranged zombies so players have a larger window to dodge and the vomit is MUCH less likely to just phase through blocks and @%$# your day up (vanilla issue, and by "fixed" I mean I had to employ some workarounds, which aren't perfect, but eh).
- Fixed Quicker Crafting and Lockpicking books not showing when the perk is completed.
- Fixed more Unlockedby.
- Fixed security class not giving a crafting tier increase to titanium-reinforced kevlar (mastery did, however).
- Added missing armor status buffs to tell you when your armor needs repairing.
- Added power armor buff, to go with the complete hazamat suit buff, so the player has a second visual confirmation that they should be safe from wasteland radiation.
- Added journal entry for the new dew collector to explain what the tools are, what they do and how to get them.
- Added resistance to fire traps to ablative armor and power armor.
- Added Sci-Fi Hatch (thank you Vitticeps for sourcing a model!).
- Added upgrade path from Vault doors/hatches to SciFi Doors/Hatches with the ratchet, titanium clawhammer and laser multitool (NOT powered versions though).
- Added some more glue recipes with leather and also clean water rather than murky water.
- Added per-zombie loot. Finally.
- Removed extra cement recipe that was just a duplicate.
- Removed lots of duplicate localization entries.
- Removed bonus loot from lockpicking mechanic from treasure chests as it was breaking quests.

- Removed bundles from chests as those aren't intended for DF anyway, and increased other loot in chests to compensate for that being missing.
- Removed gravity property from pulse grenades to see if it helps with throwing.
- Removed duplicate tool crafting/science crafting entries on the scout.
- Removed water canteen for now as it has some issues that need looking into.
- Reworked loot a little regarding workstation tools like welding torch and calipers.
- Remade all Razor/Eve/Anna quests as a few folks have reported NRE's.
- Altered traders so they now perform a FULL inventory reset on restock day.
- Adjusted scout so she will stock more items.
- Decreased size of POI name tracker (since the skulls aren't present) and lowered it slightly so there's no overlap with the alpha version number in the top right.
- Adjusted crit debuffs to add an "IsAlive" check to wellness reducing effects because some of y'all need to git gud and stop getting twatted.
- Amount of wellness lost per death is now based on difficulty (none on lowest, 4 per difficulty after that, so 0/4/8/12/16/20 with 0 being scavenger and 20 being insane).
- Moved Anna to one of her side rooms, and added an invisible wall to stop her moving and adding more waypoints.
- Moved the scout in Joel as it was causing issues for players, and added an invisible wall to stop her moving.
- (Lemon) Adjusted Demon Portal spawn probability for the wasteland.
- (Lemon) Adjusted ThemeRepeat distance for trader POI's so there's less of them in RWG.
- (Lemon-PEP) Replaced player type battery and solar banks with POI versions
- (Lemon-PEP) Replaced player type plants (growing) with RandomHelper variants.
- (Lemon-PEP) Fixed an rwgmixer.xml xpath issue with vanilla prefab weights.
- (Lemon-PEP) Fixed localization issue for the abandoned trader replacements.
- (Lemon-PEP) Block fixes and other visual tweaks, loot/sleeper volume fixes and updated RWG spawn tags for all 15+ reported issues in #PEP-bug-reports.

KNOWN ISSUES.

- Localization as per usual. Please post anything that seems odd or is missing.
- Loot is sort-of done so look for anything odd (other than zombies, as noted above).
- Both Incubi, and maybe the Lord of Hell, currently have issues when they get knocked down. Will look into this later.

Link: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B21.zip
Backup Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10bA3jd2_xIH8yOg4MSJ8laqCP8vaQaFY/view?usp=sharing

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Made a new RWG map for B21 and spawned in the wasteland twice (different save game names). No radiation, apparently, but I gave up after attracting attention from ferals I couldn't outrun. Bit funny since in B20 I made 5 or 6 different maps and tried maybe thirty different save game names and I always spawned in the forest (I was trying for desert).

Trying another new map for B21.

7 minutes ago, Similar said:

Made a new RWG map for B21 and spawned in the wasteland twice (different save game names). No radiation, apparently, but I gave up after attracting attention from ferals I couldn't outrun. Bit funny since in B20 I made 5 or 6 different maps and tried maybe thirty different save game names and I always spawned in the forest (I was trying for desert).

FYI, one thing you can do is to manually add in spawn points.  It should be in the folder for the world you created.  It's something I have done in the past (I would just pick some points from the preview map when I generated the world).

4 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

FYI, one thing you can do is to manually add in spawn points.  It should be in the folder for the world you created.  It's something I have done in the past (I would just pick some points from the preview map when I generated the world).

ah, thanks. I figured it was possible, but didn't know how. Seems easy enough.

In DF 4.1.1 or so, I always got a desert spawn, but they were rare in DF 4.1.2 and apparently close to impossible in V5.

My second B21 map didn't place me in the wasteland, so maybe some odd glitch with the first one.

2 hours ago, Similar said:

There is radiation, but remember, at the start you are wearing the "Noobie Jacket" which protects you from the elements and radiation, so heat/cold/radiation won't affect you.

1 hour ago, PatDTan said:

There is radiation, but remember, at the start you are wearing the "Noobie Jacket" which protects you from the elements and radiation, so heat/cold/radiation won't affect you.

Right. I don't think I've ever had an opportunity to try the starter immunity with radiation before, but I didn't think it'd work on that.

B21: Two welding torches and one calipers from zombie drops on day 3, level 11, Laborer, Quality Joe tier 2. That feels better than one welding torch from trader on day 15, Charismatic Nature tier 4 or so, in B20. (day = 120 minutes).

Also, much harder to hit things with wooden bow in B21 than in B20?

Edit: ALSO, the iron spear is horrific a bit annoying. Stone spear, scrap and steel spears are fine, but iron spear is like some 1mm needle that feels like it misses a lot in situations where it shouldn't.

Edited by Similar
Calming down... (see edit history)

I put bellows and the improved heating element into the advanced forge and crafted 150 steel and the time it takes to craft is -02 : -027.

Is this a know bug or not

Oh wait just noticed that the problem was the bellows has 0% forge crafting speed.

I thought that the problem was the improved heating element

If you put this two on the forge the time will go negative and it'll craft insanely fast.

The Google Drive link isn't always available, but you can use the other link as long as you copy-paste it into the address bar.  (if you click it, then it won't include the "http" part at the start, and even with copy-pasting it Chrome might get upset because it doesn't support "https")

Using B20 still, but I don't see anything in the patch notes that would affect this.  I just crafted my 2nd class (Farmer).  Went out and punched a bunch of chrysanthemums and goldenrod.  I only get 1 per plant.  I even took the 3rd level in living off the land.  Still only get 1 per plant.  Also tried harvesting using "e".  No difference.

Do these have to be planted crops?

Yes, it's the last level of Living off the Land that gives you +1 from Wild plants.  Note that the Farmer is allowed to craft the Iron Hoe at the Metal Workbench (pretty sure you have to finish the class quests first), and if you harvest with that Hoe you should get more crops per plant (both wild and planted). I last tested that in v4.2.

55 minutes ago, Brevan said:

Yes, it's the last level of Living off the Land that gives you +1 from Wild plants.  Note that the Farmer is allowed to craft the Iron Hoe at the Metal Workbench (pretty sure you have to finish the class quests first), and if you harvest with that Hoe you should get more crops per plant (both wild and planted). I last tested that in v4.2.

Thanks for letting me know.  Didn't expect it to stray from vanilla that much.  I was confused by the word "crops" in the description. 

Again, thanks.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:46 AM, Similar said:

B21: Two welding torches and one calipers from zombie drops on day 3, level 11, Laborer, Quality Joe tier 2. That feels better than one welding torch from trader on day 15, Charismatic Nature tier 4 or so, in B20. (day = 120 minutes).

I feel it is a bit to good. I'm on day 13, lvl 20, no points in any loot perk. Looted two Working stiffs.

Have found:

2 Portable Lathe

3 Tanning racks

4 Callipers

5 Welding torches

On the other hand my best gun is lvl 17....

27 minutes ago, Man with a hat said:

I feel it is a bit to good. I'm on day 13, lvl 20, no points in any loot perk. Looted two Working stiffs.

Have found:

2 Portable Lathe

3 Tanning racks

4 Callipers

5 Welding torches

On the other hand my best gun is lvl 17....

yeh. I'm not getting flooded with the tools, but I think I have one of each on day 10 (120 minute days). I haven't looted any Working Stiffs yet.

Maybe they are a bit too common now, but it's a hard thing to balance. Lots of stuff locked behind especially the welding torch, so it would get annoying if they're too rare.

I did notice that in B20 and previous, I always got lathes far earlier than any of the workstation tools, mostly from WS crates and air drops (haven't found any in my B21 game so far).

My best gun is a level 22, but that was a quest reward, otherwise weapons seem to be between level 4 and 19. I've found one single purple so far and that was a SWAT helmet. No blues at all. So that definitely will encourage crafting, I think.

Though, I don't have Survivalist yet, so I don't know how the loot bonus from that will affect things.

Probably a coincidence, but right before I quit for the night yesterday, I reached Quality Joe 5, ran into a wandering horde right after and all the loot bags were suddenly terrible. They had been perfectly fine on Quality Joe 4. I need to play more to see if that persists, but it was pretty depressing.

Edited by Similar (see edit history)