Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

In B21 (and probably earlier) some things end up as level 40 when you combine them in a workbench even if their levels are higher than 40 (and if combining them results in them having full health) while others can be combined and stay as level 41-60.

Is this intended?

Just wanted to check because if it is intended I can't figure out the system.

1 hour ago, Similar said:

In B21 (and probably earlier) some things end up as level 40 when you combine them in a workbench even if their levels are higher than 40 (and if combining them results in them having full health) while others can be combined and stay as level 41-60.

Is this intended?

Just wanted to check because if it is intended I can't figure out the system.

Yes. Normal workbench caps at 40.

On 9/4/2023 at 2:26 AM, KhaineGB said:

Lockpicks are fixed for B22. Will check the shotguns.

EDIT: Checked. Item is fine. Localization is incorrect. Fixed.

Fixed for B22. For some reason, TFP doesn't cap craft time at 1 second. We've got a patch to do that now.

Intended, but we're discussing it.

LOTL only gives a bonus to "wild" crops at level 5.

99% sure this is a UI issue, but we're looking into it.

Fixed in B22.

I am finding similar box count/localization issues with Bolts and Arrows. Sorry if you already fixed it.

Workbench B21:

Just put a lvl 41 (full hp) and lvl 48 (damaged) fire axe in the workbench as I wanted to repair my lvl 48 one. Instead of a lvl 48 full hp one I got a lvl 40 full hp fire axe. This has never happened before, therefore I consider this a bug. 

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

Workbench B21:

Just put a lvl 41 (full hp) and lvl 48 (damaged) fire axe in the workbench as I wanted to repair my lvl 48 one. Instead of a lvl 48 full hp one I got a lvl 40 full hp fire axe. This has never happened before, therefore I consider this a bug. 

yeh. And if both axes had been damaged and the resulting item ended up not being full health, it would have stayed level 48. There is something odd going on.

I have some military gloves that keep reverting to level 40 even when both items are above level 41, but then I combined a bunch of laser pistols, multi-tools and plasma batons after doing the military bunker. Those all retained the level of the highest level item (50+). Which is what I would expect.

3 hours ago, Woodbutcher824 said:

This is probably a couple of minor things.

The usable sink is hit and miss on refilling jars. (never mind, I was right mouse clicking instead of left clicking)

I also noticed that harvestable corn is sitting 1/2 block to a full block above the farm plots.

Not fixing the corn. It's a vanilla model and it only happens SOMETIMES on hoe'd ground. It's fine on farm plots.

3 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Workbench B21:

As I already stated to someone else, the workbench caps at 40. This is intended. You can see the result BEFORE you take it out, so don't take out the lower level item.

6 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

As I already stated to someone else, the workbench caps at 40. This is intended. You can see the result BEFORE you take it out, so don't take out the lower level item.

I know it caps at 40. That used to mean that you could not generate an item higher than lvl 40. But that also used to mean that whenever you put an item higher than lvl 40 in there to repair with an item of the same class, it worked. You could always repair above lvl 40 but not upgrade to a higher level. It has never been like now that an item level can decrease. Never before ever.

I don't know, doesn't look like a good solution to me. Basically I can repair whatever level (> 40) I want as long as I don't fully repair it to 100 %. As soon as I hit 100 % accidentally my item will degrade to level 40. Doesn't make sense.

An elegant solution would be workstations not accepting items above level 40 at all OR just don't do anything with any item level above 40.

5 hours ago, Voras said:

I notice that after get large backpack, Pack Mule lv3 and put 3 triple pocket mod I still got 14 encumbered slots. It is intentional?7DaysToDie2023-09-0822-57-26.thumb.png.26b53b3768d8ce88c72a88bef92f39b7.png

Also bottom line of inventory is a little bit covered by toolbelt.7DaysToDie2023-09-0822-59-52.thumb.png.149021b7ac1e12551ea327bc84663e96.png

Playing Alpha 21.1, DF-V5-DEV-B21

Yes because you need tactical rigging. And lower UI scale to 95% to fix that.

Right, I forgot to post here after my stream. Build 22 is up.

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B22

- (IDC) Fixed recipes going into negative craft times and insta-crafting.
- Fixed Forge Ahead book giving level 3 of the perk AND the book back.
- Fixed the scout AGAIN (couldn't actually see anything wrong with my files, but re-did her dialog entry anyway, and tested it).
- Fixed missing lantern recipe.
- Fixed incorrect displaytype on bellows.
- Fixed Hunter localization to remove the weapon requirement as the quest doesn't require it (it's kill any zombie/animal with anything).
- Fixed incorrect stats on iron helmet.
- Fixed missing steel club model when using metal chain mod.
- Fixed incorrect stack size on first aid bandages.
- Fixed cooked canned food instantly adding to food/water when it shouldn't.
- Fixed missing stealth damage UI when the player doesn't have stealth assassin.
- Fixed lockpicks not being properly unlocked with the lockpicking perk.
- Fixed lockpick bundle not giving 100 back when it's supposed to. Also fixed the localization.
- Fixed localization on boxes of shotgun shells.
- Fixed Generic Schematic recipe to use crops instead of dyes due to a vanilla bug with using dyes in crafting.
- Fixed stove facing the wrong way on Big Lab level 2.
- Fixed Hunter and Security localization regarding stealth armor crafting levels.
- Fixed TV recipe so it's more like vanilla and easier to make.
- Fixed player food issues with Iron Gut perk.
- "Fixed" vehicles with engines being useable just before, and during, horde night. Get back to running, you lazy @%$#s!

- Fixed both Incubi and Lord of Hell getting stuck on their back.
- Fixed vanilla knife weapons (bone, hunting, machete) doing way too much damage. Game still can't math.
- Fixed Caitlin NRE.
- Fixed Arc Gun fire noise repeating, at least in single player.
- Fixed incorrect statement ID's on Rekt and Bob which was preventing them from teaching masteries to the player.
- Fixed incorrect displaytype on clawhammer and wrench.
- (IDC) Added patch to disable zombie crawling because it's janky, broken and causing players to get hit when they really shouldn't.
- Added -50% damage to all zombie hand items (not animals, not bosses) when twatting the player in the head, as getting one shot by an attack you can't really dodge due to colliders is no fun.
- Added coilammo to ammo piles, however it is gamestaged so you can't find it too early.
- Added missing flour and yeast drops to cupboard loot.
- Added corpse removal effect to Jason's Machete.
- Added journal tooltip for the Dew Collector that is added to the players journal shortly after game start.
- Added extra "fetch" bags to the small bunker to see if that helps with reset issues in multiplayer.
- Adjusted loot lists of bunker-specific items.
- Removed unnecessary and broken LootGamestage stat on the character display.
- Removed dye bundles because TFP broke crafting with "item mods" so you can't get resources back if you need to cancel for any reason.
- Removed quality increase/decrease buttons from crafting window as it's not needed for DF.
- Removed "take all" button from all workbench output windows as it was causing issues and it's really not needed anyway.
- Removed sewing kits from T5 end loot chests and added workstation tools (like calipers and welding torch) instead.
- Removed duplicate creativemode tag on the vanilla dew collector that meant it could be grabbed from creative mode, when it shouldn't be available.

- Replaced all vending machines in both bunkers with blockplaceholders rather than guaranteed working ones due to bug in MP when resetting the POI's.
- Made new ink recipes that now use raw resources rather than dye.
- Moved scout at Hugh and Rekt and penned them in with invisible walls so they can't wander off.

KNOWN ISSUES.

- Localization as per usual. Please post anything that seems odd or is missing.
- Loot is sort-of done so look for anything odd (other than zombies, as noted above).

Link: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B22.zip (you may need to copy and paste this)
Backup Link 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R_VN5KHzwrb2clBPLkSeZXAh20JeG7if/view?usp=sharing
Backup Link 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VCQBU9sO3vEgRuPgm_2Ek7nmL1l6m1Ww/view?usp=sharing

12 hours ago, Voras said:

I notice that after get large backpack, Pack Mule lv3 and put 3 triple pocket mod I still got 14 encumbered slots. It is intentional?

There's still the Basic, Tactical and Advanced Tactical Riggings.

IIRC, it used to be that you could unlock all slots without having to put points into Pack Mule. Don't know if that's still the case.

37 minutes ago, Similar said:

There's still the Basic, Tactical and Advanced Tactical Riggings.

IIRC, it used to be that you could unlock all slots without having to put points into Pack Mule. Don't know if that's still the case.

I forgot about Tactical Riggings. Yeah, now it's good :)

Hi @KhaineGB  I'm still having issues adding the tactical rigging to armor - the gear icon doesn't turn green and I can't manually place it into the mod slots either, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what's happening, I'm sure you mentioned it was already fixed in a previous build so I thought I'd just ask here 

8 hours ago, WIKKIDJOKER said:

@KhaineGB have you found the bug with the caitlyn trader in radiation zone, can not access her it just spams errors

It states in the build notes for 22 that it's fixed

30 minutes ago, drmugwump95 said:

Hi @KhaineGB  I'm still having issues adding the tactical rigging to armor - the gear icon doesn't turn green and I can't manually place it into the mod slots either, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what's happening, I'm sure you mentioned it was already fixed in a previous build so I thought I'd just ask here 

Chest only. Works fine.

B21, bugs (or features?) encountered:

1. Can't attach Muffled Connectors Mod to any part of armor (the icon is grey, not green). Tried only with light armor (e.g. padded boots, padded hood).

2. Crops don't grow. 3 days have passed since I finished farmer quests and none of the quest crops have advanced (i.e. they are still "seeds"). Same story with mushroom seeds planted the same day as the farmer quest crops. Is it required to do something with the crops to make them grow?

3. Double death from policemen. It happened to me and other ppl playing my map (one of your pregens). If a policeman blows us up (fire attack), we spawn on our beds and die instantly again.

4. Radiated zombies since day 1. At the end of day 1 (120 mins long) we encountered radiated zombies.

5. Trader has demonic friends. Since day 2 the trader in our vicinity has 1-3 demonic zombies either inside the POI (e.g. in the medical tent) or right outside the fence. Even if we lure them far away, they come back to the trader in few hours. Taking and returning quests is much more lethal than doing the quests.

6. Medical trader gives quests almost always in radiated zone near a portal. We're a group of 4, doing Tier 1 quests (kill nurses, kill tourists etc.), but usually we can do at most 1-2 quests (out of 4 ppl x 5 available quests!), because almost all of the quests are in radiated zone near a portal.

Which version is required to play B22? A21.1 or A21.2?

@KhaineGBthe forum hadn't updated your patch notes before i asked, ty sir, ill hop on and go for her again, have seen the succubus but not an incubus unless there are 2 succubus models but only seen one so far. Havent seen a hell lord yet though

16 hours ago, H7dek7 said:

B21, bugs (or features?) encountered:

1. Can't attach Muffled Connectors Mod to any part of armor (the icon is grey, not green). Tried only with light armor (e.g. padded boots, padded hood).

2. Crops don't grow. 3 days have passed since I finished farmer quests and none of the quest crops have advanced (i.e. they are still "seeds"). Same story with mushroom seeds planted the same day as the farmer quest crops. Is it required to do something with the crops to make them grow?

3. Double death from policemen. It happened to me and other ppl playing my map (one of your pregens). If a policeman blows us up (fire attack), we spawn on our beds and die instantly again.

4. Radiated zombies since day 1. At the end of day 1 (120 mins long) we encountered radiated zombies.

5. Trader has demonic friends. Since day 2 the trader in our vicinity has 1-3 demonic zombies either inside the POI (e.g. in the medical tent) or right outside the fence. Even if we lure them far away, they come back to the trader in few hours. Taking and returning quests is much more lethal than doing the quests.

6. Medical trader gives quests almost always in radiated zone near a portal. We're a group of 4, doing Tier 1 quests (kill nurses, kill tourists etc.), but usually we can do at most 1-2 quests (out of 4 ppl x 5 available quests!), because almost all of the quests are in radiated zone near a portal.

Which version is required to play B22? A21.1 or A21.2?

@H7dek7Demons spawn depending on difficulty, radiated zombie aswell but will always spawn at night, crops need water/irrigation to grow, my WRS kept putting us close but not in radiated zone on tier one, either version of a21 was working, and i believe light armor doesnt require quietness as its cloth, could be wrong

Edited by WIKKIDJOKER (see edit history)

Thanks a lot for the new update Khaine!

- (IDC) Added patch to disable zombie crawling because it's janky, broken and causing players to get hit when they really shouldn't.

What does "IDC" stand for? Does that change mean, zombies can't crawl at all anymore? Does that mean they won't crawl in front of hatches and beat through them anymore? That would be awesome.

- Added -50% damage to all zombie hand items (not animals, not bosses) when twatting the player in the head, as getting one shot by an attack you can't really dodge due to colliders is no fun.

Can you explain the meaning of this change more, please? I don't understand what it does. What are "zombie hand items"?

- Removed sewing kits from T5 end loot chests and added workstation tools (like calipers and welding torch) instead.

Not sure if we need more workstation tools in the world. In DF A20 I was swimming in welding torches and calipers and even now in A21 I have found three of each around day 16 which feels alright.

8 hours ago, WIKKIDJOKER said:

@H7dek7Demons spawn depending on difficulty, radiated zombie aswell but will always spawn at night, crops need water/irrigation to grow, my WRS kept putting us close but not in radiated zone on tier one, either version of a21 was working, and i believe light armor doesnt require quietness as its cloth, could be wrong

Thanks for the answers. We don't have problems with demonic/radiated zombies spawning, but is it intended for a trader to be like a magnet for demons? Are demons scripted to camp at trader's? Does "crops need water" work like in A13 and previous patches (i.e. make your farm near a lake)? Regarding WRS, all 5 quests available for me (kill nurses/cable guys/tourists) were almost in the same spot (300-400 meters north from the trader) - if it's intended, it should be changed, because in our case it meant radiated zone.

Edited by H7dek7 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, H7dek7 said:

Does "crops need water" work like in A13 and previous patches (i.e. make your farm near a lake)?

There are rain catchers you can craft, and if you have Master Farmer, also an irrigation system with pipes, pumps and also grow lamps, for underground farms (don't know if everything is in B22 yet).

You can dig the rain catchers into the ground (3x1 trench, dig the middle block out, so it's two blocks down, and put the rain catcher in the hole) and plant the crops around them.

I usually make a 7x7x2 frame of cobble or concrete (don't try dirt; it won't hold the farm plots...) holding a 5x5 of farm plot blocks, over a 5x5 of empty space, and then a single block hole in the center of the dirt 'under' the empty space where the rain catcher resides. More expensive (I start gathering rotting flesh on the first day of a new game), but I feel it's easier to manage.

3 hours ago, H7dek7 said:

Regarding WRS, all 5 quests available for me (kill nurses/cable guys/tourists) were almost in the same spot (300-400 meters north from the trader) - if it's intended, it should be changed, because in our case it meant radiated zone.

Those quests usually seem to be placed in the wilderness, away from cities and, usually (?), POIs. Outside of that the direction appears to be pretty random.

Maybe there aren't that many places the system can put yours in the area you're in?

Granted, my trader is around 250 meters from the edge of a snow biome and it does seem eager to put all sorts of quests in there, which is a problem because I don't have clothes or mods or vehicles so far, nor weapons to deal with snow biome wild life. There's a whole forest biome town where it could put clear/fetch quests and plenty of open forest space for Scout quests, but nope. So sometimes it's just evil, I think.

Edited by Similar (see edit history)