Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

^ in this case, the mod hasn't updated properly (for SP) or you're on a server that's still using build 1 instead of build 2.

The basic problem is the toolbelt is called ToolbeltSDX, Mods (B1) instead of Toolbelt (B2) for it's controller. I had to change that to fix the quest bug.

Nothing you wrote makes any sense to me. I don't know what build I am using, there isn't anything to tell me if it's B1 or B2

My game is fully updated and the 18.1 experimental build of the mod works fine with it. :)

I wanted to pop in here and ask, are you planning on making this fully compatible with backpack buttons or integrating it, or is there some sort of workaround to show them(IIRC you mentioned they're in the game's code already)? The two are sort of compatible as is, but there's two layers of buttons messily on top of each other and you have to focus to click the right one.

Hi KhaineGB

Had no problems setting up A17 multiplayer server, however for some reason I am getting a "Connection Lost" on the B1/B2 versions, from any client trying to log in.

I already did a wipe and clean install of both the clients and the server from steam, and then installed B1/B2 over it, however no change.

Also checked and confirmed ports and firewall settings for both software and hardware.

At this point I am guessing this is expected due to being experimental?

Thank you sir

@Rebel816

There's a respective version for 18.1 in the download section. I've just started a new playthrough yesterday and it's most enjoyable to be back in Darkness Falls ;)

I wonder if a melee build will overpower Behemoth sooner or later.

@Rebel816

There's a respective version for 18.1 in the download section. I've just started a new playthrough yesterday and it's most enjoyable to be back in Darkness Falls ;)

Did you by chance mean release build?

The only download for 18.1 so far is the experimental. You only find out after you click the download link. =)

Edited by praytock (see edit history)

Any idea when this will be ready to play with A18 or is there a way to play it as it is now w/o most recent update?

Experimental version is out for A18.1 and has been for a week or two. :)

My game is fully updated and the 18.1 experimental build of the mod works fine with it. :)

I wanted to pop in here and ask, are you planning on making this fully compatible with backpack buttons or integrating it, or is there some sort of workaround to show them(IIRC you mentioned they're in the game's code already)? The two are sort of compatible as is, but there's two layers of buttons messily on top of each other and you have to focus to click the right one.

Backpack buttons are already integrated into the mod. They only show when a container is open.

Hi KhaineGB

Had no problems setting up A17 multiplayer server, however for some reason I am getting a "Connection Lost" on the B1/B2 versions, from any client trying to log in.

I already did a wipe and clean install of both the clients and the server from steam, and then installed B1/B2 over it, however no change.

Also checked and confirmed ports and firewall settings for both software and hardware.

At this point I am guessing this is expected due to being experimental?

Thank you sir

Buggered if I know. I am NOT a server expert. I know some of my testers have been running servers fine, and I know I can run the dedi build on my laptop and connect to it for testing purposes... so... i'm gonna guess something probably isn't configured right somewhere.

@Rebel816

Probably not just because of their melee range.

I really like the mod so far but one thing sticks out that bothers me and I dont quite have the knowledge to fix it on my own without breaking something. I noticed the text on screen when you go to loot an object or approach one is really large and would like to scale it down a bit. Where can I adjust this?

Thanks

Good day KhaineGB,

Have a question in ref to DF on the Launcher .. I make most of my own maps now days and I was wondering .. if I could use my map with the "NitroGen and COMPOPACK 42" with that version of DF or will that mess up the workings of DF, because you have a lot of special stuff already in the game and I add more Traders than most do .. normally I have about 10-15 traders on a 10K map when made. {[No wastelands or burnt on my maps].

Anyway .. I was just wondering before starting a DF play.

Have Fun and Enjoy .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Just a thought .. If need be .. I can make one without the CompoPack 42.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I just came to say thank you for releasing your FREE mod so quickly after A18 dropped. I dont think anyone that has commented on this thread in the least few days understands that your FREE mod that you make on your PERSONAL time is in an UNSTABLE early development stage.

Is there a place where someone can give more direct, constructive feedback or ask questions? Like a donators discord where the applicants have had to buy into the work and have submitted a psyche eval?

Now, Im one of those uncivilized colonists that threw your tea in the harbor. If you have the need for such a brutish individual to see off some of these ingrates, I offer my patronage. If not, dare say I challenge you to channel your inner David Starkey from time to time, my good chap.

Signed aggressive, intellectual, yet empathetic revolutionary,

Hardbrocklife

P. S. I work in IoT and if I did not need to focus on remote asset management, device integration, and C based microcontroller programming, I would learn some the skills needed to help develop this mod. Im learning a little about XML and JSON at the moment.

What gives, your mod keeps crashing before the game even has a chance to load the first world. Spend 15 minutes waiting for a new game to happen and it just freezes and crashes 18.1 so called stable build

Would need to know more about what's going on. It's working for other folks.

I'm left-clicking the security class book but I'm getting this message:

"you cannot accept this quest at this time"

Will double check this, but it was working yesterday when I had to test out something related.

Don't bother, it is borked right now. First you can't even get the thing to even download using 7D2D launcher. If you go to the github and ttry to install manually you get a million errors when trying to start teh game.

No it's not. The mod launcher has difficulties with larger mods (which this is) and SphereII has been working on it. If you get errors installing manually, then you're installing it wrong.

The fact I have a discord full of people happily playing means it definitely works.

Mac instructions do not work with this build. File paths are wonky. If I get time; I'll play around with it a bit.

Sounds like it's time for me to dig out the hackintosh again. :D

Good day KhaineGB,

Have a question in ref to DF on the Launcher .. I make most of my own maps now days and I was wondering .. if I could use my map with the "NitroGen and COMPOPACK 42" with that version of DF or will that mess up the workings of DF, because you have a lot of special stuff already in the game and I add more Traders than most do .. normally I have about 10-15 traders on a 10K map when made. {[No wastelands or burnt on my maps].

Anyway .. I was just wondering before starting a DF play.

Have Fun and Enjoy .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Just a thought .. If need be .. I can make one without the CompoPack 42.

No you can't. The custom biome (radiated) AND Wasteland AND Burnt are REQUIRED for DF to function properly or you'll never be able to get the high end tech stuff.

I know damocles is working on custom biome support though. Need to download nitrogen and test it out.

- - - Updated - - -

I just came to say thank you for releasing your FREE mod so quickly after A18 dropped. I dont think anyone that has commented on this thread in the least few days understands that your FREE mod that you make on your PERSONAL time is in an UNSTABLE early development stage.

Is there a place where someone can give more direct, constructive feedback or ask questions? Like a donators discord where the applicants have had to buy into the work and have submitted a psyche eval?

Now, Im one of those uncivilized colonists that threw your tea in the harbor. If you have the need for such a brutish individual to see off some of these ingrates, I offer my patronage. If not, dare say I challenge you to channel your inner David Starkey from time to time, my good chap.

Signed aggressive, intellectual, yet empathetic revolutionary,

Hardbrocklife

P. S. I work in IoT and if I did not need to focus on remote asset management, device integration, and C based microcontroller programming, I would learn some the skills needed to help develop this mod. Im learning a little about XML and JSON at the moment.

I mean, i'm english but i'm a dirty coffee drinker, so the ocean was the best place for it. ;)

I have a discord open for everyone located here: https://discord.gg/qEBjRMX (Link is on the first page for anyone else looking for it)

Hello and a BIG thanks to you and Seph for this mod and for getting the mod launcher working again! I am back to playing the experimental version and enjoying it:) was "stuck" playing the vanilla version for a few weeks:(

One thing I have noticed and did not see it addressed here. Items that stack (like the wood frames) that are on the tool belt do not continue to stack if new ones are picked up or crafted. The new ones go into inventory and then need to be manually added to the tool belt stack.

I have download this mod with launcher. After finish, close and open the launcher, download mod manually again. The launcher download ALL files the modpack folder TEMP folder. This folder all files and folders copy the correct game folders, and not problem. Sorry bad english. Sorry. This method always working , all modpacks with launcher.

Dear master modder. Sorry my idiot question, but please how to find the correct change log this 2.4 update with a18? All mod using, all working stuff, etc. I mean NPC mods how implemented? The npc is hire finghting, or this feature not included? The trader is destroyable or not, the vehicle modlet included? I love the vehicle modlet with helicopter, sport car, military truck. The arrow is not pickable, why? You know what i mean. The changelog what implemented or not implemented this version.

Howdy @Khaine, I got the mod installed and running smoothly but even after reading 2 books of forge ahead when I look at my forge ahead perk it says they're disabled by status effect. I thought ok maybe it's a level gated thing then I got to level 10 and still locked. What am I missing?