Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

It's adjustable in your UI control panel if you are running A 17.2 .. just a thought here. IF you want it everyday you can.

I should say with my game anyway, but I have mine set to every 14 days, gives me more time to build.

Not in DF stable it's not. It's 7 days or off. ;)

If it's possible,please make 'blood moon range' changeable,i love blood moon hordes a lot,to wait up to 21 day is a real torture :/:D

I actually added more days in the experimental version. I think it's 1, 3, 5, 7 right now.

@ KhaineGB ..

Never noticed the Lock before AND ALL this time .. ALSO Playing with Sorcery mod ..

BUT If using the Launcher .. You DO NOT Want to use the Refresh mod OR Pre-Sync Button .. Because it will Reset the ( Localization.txt ) … back to Original DF setting.

Tried a couple different things .. So just use ( Play game ) and all will be good once you have it set-up.

KhaineGB .. one request .. Can you make the hammer use less than 6 hits on Tit frames .. try doing 300 block Lol …. the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

@ KhaineGB ..

Never noticed the Lock before AND ALL this time .. ALSO Playing with Sorcery mod ..

BUT If using the Launcher .. You DO NOT Want to use the Refresh mod OR Pre-Sync Button .. Because it will Reset the ( Localization.txt ) … back to Original DF setting.

Tried a couple different things .. So just use ( Play game ) and all will be good once you have it set-up.

KhaineGB .. one request .. Can you make the hammer use less than 6 hits on Tit frames .. try doing 300 block Lol …. the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I could, but that's intended. :p It's supposed to be slow.

The localization thing is fixed in the next experimental too. I added Sphereii's localization patch so you don't have to manually add it. The game adds it at run-time just like the rest of the modlet.

I could, but that's intended. :p It's supposed to be slow.

The localization thing is fixed in the next experimental too. I added Sphereii's localization patch so you don't have to manually add it. The game adds it at run-time just like the rest of the modlet.

Ok .. on Hammer

AND .. THANK You for other .. will make it so much easier now .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Does it still do that thing where if you dig the white spot above ground it gives 1 titanium and you just have to dig down? If not how do you find it?

5-10 blocks above bedrock.

Also, if you see little clumps of flowers/plants/grass it CAN be under that.

Titanium

5-10 blocks above bedrock.

Also, if you see little clumps of flowers/plants/grass it CAN be under that.

So I just randomly dig down to bedrock and hope i get lucky? lol preferably near flowers. Does biome matter? Only wasteland or any? I ended up starting a game in a map with little to no wasteland lol

More feedback/questions. Exp v6

1. NPCs hurt a lot, especially early on. You get punished really hard if they can hit you once, I almost got oneshot by a bandit with a machete.

2. What does perception even do now. I have glasses which give 1 perception but I can't find it anywhere.

3. Does better quality actually do something more than just increasing the mods?

4. What's the difference between client/server files (because I'm able to use the client files).

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

So I just randomly dig down to bedrock and hope i get lucky? lol preferably near flowers. Does biome matter? Only wasteland or any? I ended up starting a game in a map with little to no wasteland lol

Pretty much. It's in all biomes though one of my testers says he has more luck finding it in the desert than any other biome. Wasteland just has it spawn on the surface.

does anyone have a screen shot of what this looks like? what kind of flowers? Is it cosmetic flowers or liie goldenrod/chrysanthemum flowers

Goldenrod, Chrysanthemum, Cotton, etc. Like the clumps of flowers where clay used to spawn in A16.

More feedback/questions. Exp v6

1. NPCs hurt a lot, especially early on. You get punished really hard if they can hit you once, I almost got oneshot by a bandit with a machete.

2. What does perception even do now. I have glasses which give 1 perception but I can't find it anywhere.

3. Does better quality actually do something more than just increasing the mods?

4. What's the difference between client/server files (because I'm able to use the client files).

1. NPC spawn rate/numbers have been reduced so that should be less of an issue. I based their damage off the base iron club the player has. :)

2. Absolutely nothing. I need to go re-do all the glasses.

3. Yes it does. Melee weapons use less stamina, tools give more resources, I don't remember what I did for armour, guns have a longer damage fall off range... so better quality gun = more effective at range.

4. Slightly different XML, different trader prefabs, drastically different DLL files. Using the wrong DLL files on the wrong version will cause a crash. Server files are for the dedicated server version. CLient files for anything else.

Nightstalkers behave strangely. They won't aggro on you when they take damage from ranged weapons (meaning you can always get the sneak damage bonus). Also the guard NPCs don't shoot them.

Known issue. They're using a custom SDX class which the guard AI can't respond to without crashing HARD. Already tried it.

HOWEVER, sphereii's new faction-based AI should resolve that, which I have to do more testing on. :)

Is it intended that rad zombies which spawned during the night walk the next day? Ferals don't though.

I have to mention that these are very hard to kill early on, they regen too fast. Two rads ate a full quality 2 stone spear.

Also are there new mods? I think I noticed there are new dyes but didn't get anything else yet.

Lastly do you recommend using sorcery along with your mod. I've seen it on the compatibility list but not sure if I should go with it or not (balance-wise).

(Extra - I assume this will be fixed but the animation of the NPCs attacking is static)

Yes it's intended that they walk. The rad zombies that spawn at night are half the HP of normal rad zombies and become walkers.

They should be considered the next step up from a normal zombie, and below a feral in terms of difficulty.

They're not supposed to be easy to kill. They've been there since the A16 version of the mod. In fact, they were actually tougher in the A16 vresion, so I toned them down.

There are some new mods. I'm pretty sure the Tactical Rigging is craft only. Don't remember if I put blessed metal as a drop or not, will have to check.

If you mean the guards, they've been like that since the A17 version first came out due to the ranged animation being a pain in the nuts to get working properly. Been trying to work on it but it was delaying other things, so it can wait. The survivors and bandits animations work fine for me.

I generally don't recommend using ANY modlet with ANY overhaul mod, just because it screws up the progression that the modder intended. That goes for DF, RH and even UL when it finally comes out. But folk's are gonna do it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

@KhaineGB,@gpcstargate thank you for answering;)

And i see BANDITS was mentioned 5 posts up,are they only in experimental version for now ?

Yup :)

Scavenging is working fine for me. I had the debug message on for ages to test that.

... Well I've been looting stuff for some time now, and it's still level 0. Athletics is already 30+.

Edit. Seems because I'm using the client files (installed with the launcher) and run a server with them. Likely that's why scavenging isn't working (I'm kind of stupid to think it would work).

Don't know if it's only me but once I done the bedroll and hammer quest once the trader quest shows up I get a null message I remove the quest it stops

This is on a fresh install

Happened to me as well. It's a vanilla issue as far I'm aware.

If you mean the guards, they've been like that since the A17 version first came out due to the ranged animation being a pain in the nuts to get working properly. Been trying to work on it but it was delaying other things, so it can wait. The survivors and bandits animations work fine for me.

I generally don't recommend using ANY modlet with ANY overhaul mod, just because it screws up the progression that the modder intended. That goes for DF, RH and even UL when it finally comes out. But folk's are gonna do it anyway.

No I actually meant the survivors and bandits. But I'll see what happens when I do it right (copy scavenging issue).

Well HDHQ excluded I guess... I just can't play without it anymore.

Don't know if it's only me but once I done the bedroll and hammer quest once the trader quest shows up I get a null message I remove the quest it stops

This is on a fresh install

That means you have 0 traders on your map.

Make a new map or use one of the included ones. It's really, really annoying. I know there's a 3rd party RWG tool.... I'm gonna look at poking that and see if I can edit it to include compo pack and DF specific prefabs.

... Well I've been looting stuff for some time now, and it's still level 0. Athletics is already 30+.

Edit. Seems because I'm using the client files (installed with the launcher) and run a server with them. Likely that's why scavenging isn't working (I'm kind of stupid to think it would work).

Happened to me as well. It's a vanilla issue as far I'm aware.

No I actually meant the survivors and bandits. But I'll see what happens when I do it right (copy scavenging issue).

Well HDHQ excluded I guess... I just can't play without it anymore.

Client files on a server could certainly be an issue. It's using custom code to add the levels for all skills, so it could've broken something.

But I know scavenging is working fine because I've seen it working for other folks. Specifically Kage and Kickz.

I also know survivors and bandits are working fine on their attack animations because they have 2, and I had to test the crap out of them to get run/walk working... which ended up needing some new SDX code. :D What a pain in the butt.