Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

You have to use Lockpick SETS.

Lockpick Sets use lockpick components as "consumable items" to "upgrade" a safe into the unlocked version.

So don't use the actual Lockpick. Use the lockpick set and have lockpick components in your inventory. It was the only way to have 2 different lockpicks that "unlock" at different speeds (which people asked for)

Open entitygroups, search for "hornet" and delete any references. Then be mocked for making it easier :p (I'm gonna lower the sound when I re-do the animation of the hornets)

I was salty about being ganked by a silent one while out of ammo and stam when posting that. Might still disable due to the sound, though. I play with volume way up to stay on my toes and those things are so loud they're probably damaging my hearing.

Btw, found a bug/exploit with the trader quests in that the wood frame one doesn't actually consume the frames, so you can buy every instance of the quest for free skill points/coins. Not sure if it's like this for any of the others.

I was salty about being ganked by a silent one while out of ammo and stam when posting that. Might still disable due to the sound, though. I play with volume way up to stay on my toes and those things are so loud they're probably damaging my hearing.

Btw, found a bug/exploit with the trader quests in that the wood frame one doesn't actually consume the frames, so you can buy every instance of the quest for free skill points/coins. Not sure if it's like this for any of the others.

The sound thing happens with all entities. Does it with bandits AND zombies too, and it's massively annoying. I wish I could fix it.

I know about the quest bug :) It's something I can't fix until A17 is out. Kind of annoying, but I basically decided to leave it in for now.

Could you please be able to inform in the first post about the dates of last updates? I have installed mode launcher, and sometimes i didnt even notice that the mod is updated, but friends of mine, who are instaling the mods manualy, they need to be up to date. Last time they wasnt be able to join my server, because we had different version, and it took a while before we figure this out:) Thanks!

Edited by Amanitasec (see edit history)

Could you please be able to inform in the first post about the dates of last updates? I have installed mode launcher, and sometimes i didnt even notice that the mod is updated, but friends of mine, who are instaling the mods manualy, they need to be up to date. Last time they wasnt be able to join my server, because we had different version, and it took a while before we figure this out:) Thanks!

Why?

The bottom of the first post tells you WHEN it was edited, so you know when the latest version was updated. That's just adding extra work for me when the information is already there.

Plus I ALWAYS make a new post in the thread when the mod is updated.

Why?

The bottom of the first post tells you WHEN it was edited, so you know when the latest version was updated. That's just adding extra work for me when the information is already there.

Plus I ALWAYS make a new post in the thread when the mod is updated.

Oh I see, I wasnt aware of that. Thanks for the tip!

Hi, been playing this for a while now and really enjoying it so far! Playing dead-is-dead and had several attempts where I didn't make it past day 4 lol, now I finally got over that threshold and going on strong towards day 21.

I LOVE the concept of the big central wasteland zone. It truly is a place to soil your pants in. Not a huge fan of the gun bandits as they seem to have perfect aim and once they engage it's extremely hard to get out of the fight or retaliate in time. I definitely learned my lesson not to go without STRONG armor and fueled on beer :D

One question about that new central zone:

Is there any specific reason the wasteland ground texture is looking like snow instead of the usual wasteland rubble? I imagine this new zone to be the remains of a very large metropolis and the rubble textures would actually make sense there for once (as opposed to vanilla wastelands), instead it's all white and shiny and kinda breaks the atmosphere a bit :/

Yep.

I changed it to snow to give more of a "nuclear winter" feel. But it's not actual snow otherwise you'd end up cold and frozen all the time. :)

Side-note: That probably won't happen in A17 because they said big cities will be in wasteland like the hub city used to be. So I may not change that.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Okay so it's your style choice (I don't agree with). At least I know it's not some graphics error. And yea I already realized it's not snow snow. In any case, besides my personal texture taste I really like the zone, been missing something like that in the game for a while now.

Okay so it's your style choice (I don't agree with). At least I know it's not some graphics error. And yea I already realized it's not snow snow. In any case, besides my personal texture taste I really like the zone, been missing something like that in the game for a while now.

Honestly? If I could tint the snow to make it more grey and add falling ash, I totally would've done that. :)

It's not simple to grow though.

I'm not a farmer. I could easily grow potato and apple tree's because I have done. Corn? No idea at all. That's why it went to the farmer.

I MAY consider changing that for A17, but at the end of the day that makes it super easy to make the OP stew for non-farmers and thus tends to make that class slightly irrelevant.

We play doubles. And there are more important professions for survival (hunter, miner). And it turns out that there is no meat stew. Then it is difficult to increase health. Still really want to return this recipe to the public.

Wellness is SUPER easy to level up. The farmer zombies (and the fat zombie in the white dress) often drop good quality food if they're feral or higher. Vitamins give wellness, other food also gives wellness.

Going to give you a tip. Stop obsessing over wellness. It's gone in A17.

I would love to strip health increase from food and make it level dependent - not sure that is possible.

I actually experimented with removing wellness from the DLL and all wellness increases from food locally.

Unfortunately it can't be tied to level, but I did manage to tie health/stamina increases to the 1-100 skills instead. Like athletics. I had that increase stamina. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am running a test server for our members, we are running Darkness Falls on it to see if it will be our Next Mod to play as a community. I have one issue that a member has encountered and I can not find an answer for her. She took up farming and created the rain barrels to collect water and they get partially full of water and she picks up and it says put them down. She does and when she comes back to area they are gone, this has happen several times in multiple map locations.

Is there any place I can read on farming for this MOD or can someone tell me the use and how to use the rain collector barrels?

I would appreciate it and I know it will end her frustrations and a bonus, I look good as an admin if i can come back with the answer.

Thank You ALL.