Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Honestly? I want it more like Vermintide 2.

So normal zombies won't show health bars. Anything considered a "boss" (which would be special zombies, feral rads, etc in this mod) does have a health bar.

If I can make it do that, I will be VERY happy.

V1.8.2 is out! Already on GitHub so you can download from the links on the first page, or via the mod launcher. :) No restart required! Changes as follows.

• Gas can schematic has been REMOVED. This means it is no longer mechanic-locked.
  • Biofuel added! Scientist Mastery required to make it.
  • Anyone can still make Gas Cans from Oil Shale.
  • Amount of gas received from Oil barrels has ben reduced (amount needed to craft them also reduced).
  • Tweaked the trader defense quests (see below).
  • Coilguns added! Pistol, carbine and sniper rifle. Also have their own ammo and own perk.
  • Loot list changed for multiple zombies! (see below).

Trader Defense Quests: They have been changed as follows.

• First quest is kill 20 zombies.
  • Second quest is kill 15 radiated zombies.
  • Third quest is kill 10 feral zombies.
  • Weapon requirements have been removed from the quests and the Hard quest now grants a SKILL POINT instead of skill notes.

Loot tweaks.

• Hazmat and Soldier loot tweaked. Normal soldier doesn't drop the M4A1, radiated can, feral and feral radiated have a chance to drop coilguns. Hazmat is similar.
  • Farmer and Fat female zombie loot tweaked. Higher chance of dropping "home made" food and better quality tools as the zombies get tougher.
  • Nurse/Doctor loot tweaked. Tougher zombies have a better chance of dropping higher quality meds, like medkits and antibiotics. Normal zombies will be more like bandages and pain killers.
  • Zombie Cop loot tweaked. Most junk items removed. Normal cop likely to drop pistols, then P225, Shotgun and finally the Combat Shotgun (for Feral Rads).
  • Zombie Cowboy loot tweaked. Doesn't drop 2 rifles anymore. Winchester more likely to drop off tougher zombies.
  • Snow zombie loot tweaked. Better chance of decent tools (like chainsaws and steel axes) off tougher zombies.
  • Bomber zombies should've been using feral loot lists, and they weren't. Now they are.
  • Toilets should no longer drop 2 guns at the same time... all the time.

So... lots of changes, and also not a lot of changes. The mod is still very similar, but with new guns and loot list tweaks to make the tougher ones more rewarding.

Research Notes and Key Cards

Started playing the mod after watching Kage848 and friends play it. Well into it and am enjoying it immensely.

Can you give hints on where to find research notes and the purpose of the keycards? I've found 4 green keycards somewhere and can't figure out where they are used. In the center wasteland? I presume the purpose of the giant center circular wasteland is more difficult/end-game play.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Started playing the mod after watching Kage848 and friends play it. Well into it and am enjoying it immensely.

Can you give hints on where to find research notes and the purpose of the keycards? I've found 4 green keycards somewhere and can't figure out where they are used. In the center wasteland? I presume the purpose of the giant center circular wasteland is more difficult/end-game play.

Any insights would be appreciated.

I do believe there are some hidden poi's that might be military and require the key cards. You'll just have to explore to find them. If you buy the quests at the traders like the easy kill 5 zombies, you usually get 250 coins and a skill note.

I do believe there are some hidden poi's that might be military and require the key cards. You'll just have to explore to find them. If you buy the quests at the traders like the easy kill 5 zombies, you usually get 250 coins and a skill note.

Thanks for the hint on the key cards... But on the notes, I'm looking for Research notes needed to unlock the laser workbench and weapons, not the skill notes to unlock classes. I have already completed all class quests.

Research Notes drop from Scientist zombies (found in military camps) and research desks (In the burnt forest bunker and the wasteland bunker).

May need to tweak the drop rate on them, but that's where they are. :)

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Ok after some research and trial and error, its not a real problem, the text in console says spider is spawning,well i commented out all the spiders from the scout group and spawned scouts, so the spawned group was nothing but screamers.Reinforcements came as usual. Only in the console, the text kept saying spiderscout has spawned a horde.It is only a typo error in the dll, does not hurt the game in anyway.sorry if you spend any time on this.I actually should have tested first and asked questions after.Thanks for the super awesome mod.

Edited by Jammer74 (see edit history)

I haven't touched the DLL regarding the zombiescout code.

From what I understand, ANYTHING in the ZombieScout group will spawn zombies if they spot the player and play their "alert" noise. The problem seems to be that the game just likes spawning spider zombies instead of actual screamers.

So what I need to do is just tweak the probability.

EDIT: Cut the list down and now it seems to be 50/50 on which one you get, so that's an improvement.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

This is the .dll section of code that is relevant

// Token: 0x0600204F RID: 8271 RVA: 0x000D75EC File Offset: 0x000D57EC

private bool UZ(global::World A_1, global::AIScoutHordeSpawner.FQ A_2, Vector3 A_3)

{

Log.Out("Spider scout spawned a zombie horde!");

if (A_2.LZ == null)

{

A_2.LZ = this.HZ.CreateHorde(A_3);

}

if (A_2.LZ.canSpawnMore)

{

bool flag;

if (flag = (UnityEngine.Random.value < 0.1f))

{

if (this.KZ.CurrentWave > 0)

{

Vector3 wz = this.WZ;

this.KZ.ResetSpawner();

this.KZ.numberToSpawnThisWave = 1;

this.WZ = A_3;

this.BZ(A_1);

this.WZ = wz;

}

else

{

this.KZ.numberToSpawnThisWave++;

}

}

A_2.LZ.SpawnMore((!flag) ? 5 : 4);

A_2.KZ.PlayOneShot(A_2.KZ.GetSoundAlert());

}

A_2.LZ.SetSpawnPos(A_3);

return A_2.LZ.canSpawnMore || A_2.LZ.isSpawning;

If you look at the logout line, this is where the problem is, every time any scout spawns a horde the text returned to console says "Spider scout spawned a zombie horde!", even if it is a screamer that spawned it, so it doesn't actually break anything, it just misrepresents it. NBD, when i first saw it I thought that only the spider zombies were spawning hordes. So I commented out all the spider zombies and what do you know,when the screamers spawned hordes, I was getting the same return in the console "Spider scout spawned a zombie horde!". That tells me its just an incorrect logout string.I don't feel like fixing it right now,and it actually doesn't hurt anything.

[EDIT] Once again thanks for all your hard work,Very good mod, and I had to make 1 change for my wife and I to play, I added the scout zombie list to the scout horde generator, so scouts now have a chance of spawning more scouts.Talk about a difficulty increase,I love it.

This is quite interesting too. :)

// Token: 0x040015F5 RID: 5621

public const float kScoutSpawnAnotherScoutChance = 0.1f;

// Token: 0x040015F6 RID: 5622

public const int kScoutHordeSizeToSummonPerScream = 5;

// Token: 0x040015F7 RID: 5623

public const int kScoutHordeMaxTotalZombiesToSummon = 25;

This is quite interesting too. :)

// Token: 0x040015F5 RID: 5621

public const float kScoutSpawnAnotherScoutChance = 0.1f;

// Token: 0x040015F6 RID: 5622

public const int kScoutHordeSizeToSummonPerScream = 5;

// Token: 0x040015F7 RID: 5623

public const int kScoutHordeMaxTotalZombiesToSummon = 25;

you talking to much "nerds" English please.

Yeah that is interesting, I didn't even know that was there, I was just poking the dll to find a specific issue, but now I wanna explore it more.I only altered xml's to get scouts to spawn more scouts.Now we're gonna see some real action lol. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

[EDIT] New form of English......for Nerds.............lol

When you switch the mod over to 17 can you reduce the stun resistance from 100% to like 30% for alcohol?

Honest answer? I don't know.

With the way buffs are NOW? Nope. Stun resistance is a buff that basically makes the player completely immune to the stun condition.

So I need to see what they do for the buffs system.

What I COULD do is leave it as-is for stuns, but make the player slower. So you regen stamina, you're immune to stuns, but you're a slow and staggering drunk. :D

(I wish I could implement a stagger effect in terms of movement as well)