Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Where do you get the schematic for the flamethrower? We have killed a ton of behemoth and have a bunch of parts but have not found the schematic anywhere. Is this a special drop from particular monster or a special loot from bookshelves and we have just not been lucky enough to find it yet?

It's a rare quest. I am pretty sure it can be found in bookshelves, definitely on zombie kills.

May look at altering the probability because it isn't dropping as often as I'd like.

I run this mod on a dedicated server and rarely have to restart it. I also play for hours continuously and never have these issues. I have 45 hours on my server playing this, my friend has almost double what I have and hasn't run into these issues. Like Khaine said, more than likely your hardware. What are your system specs?

I have i770k, 16 Gb ram, GF 1080. We play on a local network 1Gb . Played in the vanilla version, and starvation mod. There were no such problems.

I develop the mod on an i7-4800MQ, 20GB RAM and GTX 765M and it runs fine.

And that's why I'm saying it has GOT to be a hardware problem. Blue screens and random freezes are your PC saying "Hey, you're running something that's pushing my hardware in a way I don't like."

Try turning shadows off and see if it helps. The new trees don't seem to play nice with them, plus they're just a resource hog anyway.

Decided this is V1.8.3 due to lots of fixes + some rebalancing... so it's up! Have fun!

• Black Cowboy Hat (with light) has been fixed
  • Flamethrower issue on servers has been fixed.
  • Scifi Doors from the bunkers added as a player craftable item (Future Tech 1 required)
  • All guns (except laser) now have a muzzle flash on firing.
  • Combat shotgun sound fixed.
  • Combat shotgun fire rate decreased (to fix the sound issue), but magazine capacity increased to 15.
  • Fixed localization on Combat Shotgun parts.
  • Shotgun Shell damage increased from 6,10 to 12, 20.
  • Removed all seeds (except goldenrod, potato, yucca, cotton) from loot lists.
  • Replaced Iron Hoe with Scrap Iron Hoe in loot lists.
  • Removed fertiliser from loot lists. (Can still be dug up in the burnt biome)
  • Removed ability to learn farming perk via points/books. (Now farmer only)
  • Removed ability to learn animal traps perk via points/books. (Now farmer and survivalist only)
  • Scrap Iron Hoe now states in the description that it cannot be used to fertilize ground.
  • Large bunker now uses spawn blocks to help with lag. However, this means zombies won't respawn when the POI is cleared.
  • Small bunker also now uses spawn blocks to guarantee there's a good amount of zombies in there. Again, it will remain cleared afterwards.
  • "The Village" POI (also known as the Retirement Centre or Wonderland) can now spawn in the wasteland.
  • Red Mesa can now spawn in the wasteland.
  • New coconut tree to fix the hitbox issues.
  • New banana tree so now all fruit trees are using speedtree.
  • New carrot plant.
  • Laser Workbench changed to Level 1 of the Future Tech perk (which it should've been).
  • Laser Sword changed to Level 2 of the Future Tech perk (which it should've been).
  • Titanium Legs recipe no longer uses Steel, and uses Leather Strips instead (which is what it should've been).

On the launcher for your pleasure. :) 3rd post has also been updated with Mac install instructions. Restart only required if you want the new bunkers and new spawning locations for The Village and Red Mesa. I do recommend backing up saves due to the altered progression.xml but it should be fine.

I have some questions.

1: Is it intended for steel tools to be repairable even on a level 1 character if your lucky enough to find one and some steel to repair with? I notice the iron tools cannot be repaired without the perk, so I am wondering if this is some weird oversight, or a planned thing. Where if your lucky enough to find steel tools and happen to have steel you can repair them?

2: I might have missed this in the main post about the mod, but can you eventually learn all classes? If so, how? With the changes in 2.8.3, not being able to make seeds is really going to damper a pretty big portion of the game if you don't start as a farmer.

3: Does drinking tree sap have any downsides? I ask because its very easy to get and it pretty much equates to a infinite 2stam/1sec beer like buff. Sure it only lasts 60 seconds each one, but they stack high, and all you need is a maple tree to get more. It feels a bit overpowered for how easy it is to get, especally if it lacks any downside to just spamming it.

4: I personally switch most axes from axes skill back to mining tools, as without doing this they just take forever to destroy any blocks. The ones I don't are the ones meant for combat, like the combat axe as a prime example, and I don't bother switching the stone axe as you generally wanna get rid of that thing asap. I switch the scrap/iron/steel/titanium fireaxes back to mining tools. In a recent game, I had 27 mining tools and the 20 skill perk, it bascally doubled axe's block damage, which is more inline with vanallia.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

1) Not intentional, so I'll have to check the repair items used. As you noticed with Iron, the game is hard-coded to lock the repair ability if you don't know the recipe so it SHOULD do it automatically. However it's likely I may have screwed up somewhere.

2) Yes you can, and no it doesn't. High quality food can drop off farmer and fat female zombies (better food off tougher zombies, so it adds risk vs reward to them).

3) Yes it will give you a debuff if you drink too much, to the point where you start to lose stamina and it should cancel out any other effect that regenerates stamina (like more sap, coffee, mega crush and beer).

4) Completely disagree. A stone axe takes the same time to destroy a block at level 1 with the Axe skill as it would if it were a construction tool. If you're cutting down tree's with it constantly, which you probably will be in the first few days, then you'll level the skill fairly quickly. Also it's designed to make the axes (including the stone one) something of a viable weapon. Switching the other axes then means you have to go off mining, which is usually 1. You'd be getting more if you left them alone since it'd be using the skill you already levelled with the stone axe.

Changing that back would then make the combat axe completely pointless since you wouldn't have been levelling the skill once you go to scrap or iron. Also, it's not like I changed it for fun. I did actually do some testing before and after and found it scaled fairly well.

1) Not intentional, so I'll have to check the repair items used. As you noticed with Iron, the game is hard-coded to lock the repair ability if you don't know the recipe so it SHOULD do it automatically. However it's likely I may have screwed up somewhere.

2) Yes you can, and no it doesn't. High quality food can drop off farmer and fat female zombies (better food off tougher zombies, so it adds risk vs reward to them).

3) Yes it will give you a debuff if you drink too much, to the point where you start to lose stamina and it should cancel out any other effect that regenerates stamina (like more sap, coffee, mega crush and beer).

4) Completely disagree. A stone axe takes the same time to destroy a block at level 1 with the Axe skill as it would if it were a construction tool. If you're cutting down tree's with it constantly, which you probably will be in the first few days, then you'll level the skill fairly quickly. Also it's designed to make the axes (including the stone one) something of a viable weapon. Switching the other axes then means you have to go off mining, which is usually 1. You'd be getting more if you left them alone since it'd be using the skill you already levelled with the stone axe.

Changing that back would then make the combat axe completely pointless since you wouldn't have been levelling the skill once you go to scrap or iron. Also, it's not like I changed it for fun. I did actually do some testing before and after and found it scaled fairly well.

I notice for Number 3 with the drinking sap thing, if you only drink one every 60s, as in when the stam regen buff drops off, you'll never seem to get the debuff.

For the axes, it scales yeah, but Mining tools both scale off mining tools and miner 69er. Its a personal choice as I never plan to use axes anyway as a weapon, I prefer hunting knife/machete's due to the dual aspect of them where they can kill stuff, and butcher them optimally. Saves a inv slot, and kills zombies fast enough, especally the machete. Also seen a endgame weapon in your mod I think it was a laser sword.. I want it. Can it butcher animals as good as the machete?

Also my comment on the axes skill, was just a personal thing I wasn't saying for you to change it for the mod, I did it myself for my game, its like switching from using clubs to blades, your gonna suck with them at first, same with switching from a axe thats a tool, to the combat axe. I left the combat axe and stone axe's alone, and just edited the scrap/iron/steel/titanium ones to use mining tools, as they are intended for that purpose.

Also know of anyway I can shut the chainsaw up, auger too actually. Not a mod issue its a vanallia one and they are just WAY to damn loud like most of the sound effects in the game, it really needs a "Player sound effects" slider to adjust volume for just any sound the player makes, I'd have that crap near mute, as hitting rocks, and metal really grates on the nerves after a while. Do wanna be able to hear the zombies thou.

I also got one shoted last night on warrior diffculty from full health, lets just say radiated zombie bear wandering horde and one of them happened to see me and I didn't even hear it coming, One swipe and I droped like a rock XD Scared the crap out of me too.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

The laser sword butchers better than a machete.

Auger sounds I already lowered once. The only way to do it is literally rip them out of the game, chuck them into an audio editing program (I recommend Audacity for this cos it's free and REALLY good!), then load them up in Unity 5.3.8, re-export as a Unity3D and have the game load them that way.

But yeah, I agree with you on that one. The game needs a "player sound effects" volume slider. I get the point... they want those tools loud, because they are IRL so you should struggle to hear zombies coming. But it's a pain in the arse, especially for streamers.

The laser sword butchers better than a machete.

Auger sounds I already lowered once. The only way to do it is literally rip them out of the game, chuck them into an audio editing program (I recommend Audacity for this cos it's free and REALLY good!), then load them up in Unity 5.3.8, re-export as a Unity3D and have the game load them that way.

But yeah, I agree with you on that one. The game needs a "player sound effects" volume slider. I get the point... they want those tools loud, because they are IRL so you should struggle to hear zombies coming. But it's a pain in the arse, especially for streamers.

WTB proper mod support/override, like fallout/elder scrolls, anything in the data folder thats loose with the same file path, replaces the default asset in game. Would make modding graphics/sounds and such in a hell of alot easier. Wanna mute a sound? make a 1s muted sound file and follow the path, boom, silenced.

Maybe i'll play with the xml's and remove the sound entries, mainly the thing in the quotes that says what sound to play and see if that shuts them up.

Its not just the power tools though, everything the player does just seems obnoxiously loud for no good reason. I especally hate hitting metal with anything if I am not crouching due to the insane volume its at. Base game issue thou there. Been wishing every alpha for a player sound effects slider, but never got one yet.

Hi. After the last update changed the recipe for blueberry seeds. Now available only to the farmer. Can this recipe be made available to everyone? Or change the ink recipe? In this recipe they now produce. And where to get biogaze recipe? It is necessary to look or is it skill?

Hi. After the last update changed the recipe for blueberry seeds. Now available only to the farmer. Can this recipe be made available to everyone? Or change the ink recipe? In this recipe they now produce. And where to get biogaze recipe? It is necessary to look or is it skill?

I actually forgot about the blueberries and ink, so yes, I'll look into that. Thank you for telling me :) (you can find ink in night stands too, btw)

Biofuel is scientist mastery only.

Server will not running <.<

Hello,

i want the Mod for my Dedi-Server, but he will not running <.<

A) Fresh install Dedi from Steam - then i Download the Master zip, unzip and Copy&Paste in Dedi-folder.

B) Start Dedi-Server and Start the Game from Mod Launcher...

After 20-30 min is the Server always still not there :/

Yes, ist public and "Random Gen"

(excuse me for my bad english)

I searched the "Output" file and found this ... What can i do?

2018-08-28T07:56:45 4.948 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Mods' not found!)

2018-08-28T07:56:45 4.949 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2018-08-28T07:56:45 4.951 ERR at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2018-08-28T07:56:45 5.139 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'wallTorchPlayer' in use_action!/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2018-08-28T07:56:45 5.142 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2018-08-28T07:56:45 5.142 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'pouredConcreteMaster' not found in block id 15

at Block.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Block.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+QO.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+RO.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+CI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Kind regards

Turbiii

Hello,

A) Fresh install Dedi from Steam - then i Download the Master zip, unzip and Copy&Paste in Dedi-folder.

2018-08-28T07:56:45 4.948 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Mods' not found!)

2018-08-28T07:56:45 4.951 ERR at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2018-08-28T07:56:45 5.139 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'wallTorchPlayer' in use_action!/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2018-08-28T07:56:45 5.142 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Kind regards

Turbiii

OK, once you unzip the folder you will have your 7DaystoDie_Server folder, you can copy/paste and merge that with the folder of the same name on the server.

You can copy and paste the Mods folder as well.

For the data Folder, copy and paste the Config and UMA textures folders over and merge them.

However, with the Prefabs folder, you need to copy and paste the files inside the folder to the Prefab folder on the server. So go into the downloaded folder for DF, go into Data, Prefabs, press control +A to highlight all the files, then right click copy. Then Paste them into the Prefab folder on the server.

Also make sure you setup your serverconfig.xml before starting the server, game name, server name, server description and all the other settings.

One more thing, if you're server is running Linux, it's a more complicated setup and out of the scope of my knowledge. I setup a windows virtual machine just for my mod servers.

Hello,

Kind regards

Turbiii

You're missing the necessary modded DLL files.

Upload all three folders to your server and overwrite when promoted. In this instance, you specifically need the 7DaystoDieServer_Data folder. Instructions also apply to Linux servers (as that's what I test on).

I think that i found a little bug. When you complete the trader quest, if you have the frames in you inventory this ones keep there, for example, i complete 5 quest of 100 wood frames and 8 of 100 coblestone frames with just 150 wood frames and 160 coblestones frames. in both case the items was in the last spot of the quickbotoms.

I think that i found a little bug. When you complete the trader quest, if you have the frames in you inventory this ones keep there, for example, i complete 5 quest of 100 wood frames and 8 of 100 coblestone frames with just 150 wood frames and 160 coblestones frames. in both case the items was in the last spot of the quickbotoms.

Not fixable unfortunately. Though apparently I'll be able to do it in A17 properly. :)

Are you planning to do an A17e version of DF or are you going to wait till it goes to A17 (after getting serious game time in of course)?

I'll be waiting until A17 properly releases. There's a couple of reasons for that.

1) I saw a few things in the video that I don't like, so I want to see how they "feel" in play before I start breaking everything.

2) I may need to wait for SDX integration to be updated. I've also heard I will have to remake all of my assets (which is one of the reasons I "fixed" the guns so I have the files ready)