Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

While I'm at it would it be possible to make the zeds run faster than the player at night, that combined with only 30% stun resist chance should make night activities terrifying (as they should be).

Well I can't make it a 30% resist chance. What I can do is make it so alcohol only reduces the speed penalty of being stunned. So you still get it, but you can possibly get away from a stun lock (which is the main thing that most people hate).

Speed I need to play around with. I have to do something like increase the max speed allowable before I can increase speed even more.

Alright, so I did a tweak.

I added a second stun buff that isn't as severe as the first. Only grain alcohol makes you immune to BOTH, but it also makes you slower because you become instantly drunk.

Should be interesting to see how that goes. :)

Really? Huh. It should be locked. I will double check that.

Making it 0 means you'll just always be stunned. Right now I have it tied to the "drunk" buff, so you have to be drunk (6 beers or 1 grain alcohol) to be immune to stunned... but it SHOULD also reduce movement speed by 50%.

V1.8.2B is on GitHub and your launchers! Changes as follows:

• Laser Multi-Tool issue in multiplayer SHOULD be fixed.
  • Fusion Forge and Laser Workbench have unique recipes only now to help with lag.
  • Tweaked loot again to reduce the chances of double weapons.
  • Fixed a bug with the Super Coffee quest.
  • Changed XP. Most zombies give slightly less, feral rads give more, behemoths give a LOT more (at least double).
  • XP required to level slightly decreased. (from 11,000 to 10,000)
  • Level cap increased to 250 to help with lack of skill points.
  • Spikes should slow down zombies a little more.
  • "Buzzed" buff no longer makes you immune to stun! You need to be "Drunk" for that. (6 beers, or 1 grain alcohol, and it slows you down)
  • Increased the range of the sledgehamer, cos it's a 2-handed weapon. (still less than the spear but more than all the clubs)
  • Increased behemoth spawn chance in the wasteland.
  • Grain alcohol is now scientist mastery only. (first aid kit doesn't use it)
  • Cleaned up lots of localization issues.
  • Reduced Research Note cost to make the Future Technology book.

That's it! Go have fun. :)

Edited by KhaineGB
Forgot I reduced the cost of the future tech book. (see edit history)

Flamwthrower

Hi KhaineGB

we found out yesterday that the Flamethrower is not really working. After you use it the game crashes for the Player.

I looked on my Server and there come a Error Message

Exception: Buff named 'Burning' does not exist!

In SP it works perfect but not in MP.

Maybe you can fix this.

Thx and great work we love your Mod

Yes, Random Gen only.

The fixed spawn point mod ports you outside of the navezgane map, which is why you get stuck in an endless loop. You CAN get out of that by hitting F1, typing DM, hitting Q to fly and then teleporting yourself to 0,0.

But you'd miss out on all of the new POI's and some content.

Hi. I'm using the latest version. Two very unpleasant mistakes do not allow to enjoy the game. First, stop working pills, first aid kits, antibiotics. Only restarting the game helps. Second, the General game is out of sync. From 20 minutes to 40, and you have to restart. And sometimes the game freezes completely, and even the blue screen. The modification is very good! I will wait for the decision. Thanks.

That sounds like your PC is incapable of playing the game properly rather than an issue with the mod.

Seirously. Pills, first aid kits, etc are a known VANILLA issue. Though I am trying to fix it where possible. The rest? That's definitely nothing to do with me.

I run this mod on a dedicated server and rarely have to restart it. I also play for hours continuously and never have these issues. I have 45 hours on my server playing this, my friend has almost double what I have and hasn't run into these issues. Like Khaine said, more than likely your hardware. What are your system specs?

Max's flamethrower

Where do you get the schematic for the flamethrower? We have killed a ton of behemoth and have a bunch of parts but have not found the schematic anywhere. Is this a special drop from particular monster or a special loot from bookshelves and we have just not been lucky enough to find it yet?