Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Quote Originally Posted by klomer View Post

Hi guys! I'm building up my base by digging it like 40 blocks down, then I found out that if a zombie falls inside, they don't suffer any damage so, I'm wondering if that could be a bug. Do you guys know anything about it?

In my other bases, the zombies died immediatly or at least, they damaged theirselfs when they fell in.

Thank you!!

Some zombies have had their health increased, and since we are headshot only in Romero Style most likely the lack of body damage from weapons MAY be causing this. On our last server someone had a pit and they WERE dying to falls. I will do some digging to see what I can come up with.

anything???

and....

i have a question, the blacksmith station have the icon the welding torch and tailor station only have sewing kit......ummm i use launcher and play normal, is posible no update the game??? you say is remove from blacksmith station. sorry i confused

I need delelete the game to full clean and reinstall for loock all updates. In the launcher qhen i click on play mod no update the game. Now i can loock the changes on game. Is posible i make anything wrong??

Sorry my english is bad :(

Issues/Suggestions

Howdy, more ramblings from me playing on a dedicated with a few people on 1.07 last night, do with these what you will! Again, thanks for the fixes and I'm new to the server management scene so apologies if I bring up anything commonly known.

Bugs:

- Items not working from inventory/toolbelt. From what I gather this is a vanilla problem? I've told my players to use items from the toolbelt but sometimes they still don't work. It can be very harsh for the early-game with infections/bite marks.

- Hitboxes on some items are obscuring others. Mostly noticed when you're going for a wall safe and it's labelled as the trash can one unit underneath it. A good place to see this is the tower with the "ourbucks coffee" shops, the safe you find in the corner of those shops is usually reachable but with this mod you have to destroy the trash can underneath first to gain access.

- Hitboxes on some new vehicles seem off. Noted on haunted car and motorbike. Too small?

- Some skills are only increasing when watching the items being outputted in their crafting station. Tested this on Corn Seed with the Mortar and Pestle. Also, is a player meant to be getting any sort of skill gain from crafting bottled water in an advanced station?

- Lockpick implementation. I found a lockpick, it says it can be used to open safes but I couldn't figure out how to use it?

- The inventory crafting is allowing me to assemble a Bolt Rifle (Extended Magazine) by hand (via clicking assemble from a bolt rifle receiver) without a Weapon Station & Chisel, whereas the normal Bolt Rifle is appropriately greyed out.

- Night stands that appear from sealed crates are locked, when damaging them again they destroy instead of unlocking.

Suggestions:

- Very slight increase to antibiotic chance in looting? I may be reacting from a bad in-game run of 3 days without finding them, but still feels a tiny unbalanced for the early-game coupled with the items-not-using bug and the fact that you can't craft anything for infections for a while (took me ages to even find where you learn antibiotics, I wish the in-game search would actually search skill descriptions!).

- Call me a complete fool, but it took me 2 in-game days when I first started playing to actually realise what the class kits were xD I got confused and thought the "locked" in their title meant I had to level up to a certain point first... maybe just a little mention of the kits in the opening quest when you start a character?

Howdy, more ramblings from me playing on a dedicated with a few people on 1.07 last night, do with these what you will! Again, thanks for the fixes and I'm new to the server management scene so apologies if I bring up anything commonly known.

Bugs:

- Items not working from inventory/toolbelt. From what I gather this is a vanilla problem? I've told my players to use items from the toolbelt but sometimes they still don't work. It can be very harsh for the early-game with infections/bite marks.

- Hitboxes on some items are obscuring others. Mostly noticed when you're going for a wall safe and it's labelled as the trash can one unit underneath it. A good place to see this is the tower with the "ourbucks coffee" shops, the safe you find in the corner of those shops is usually reachable but with this mod you have to destroy the trash can underneath first to gain access.

- Hitboxes on some new vehicles seem off. Noted on haunted car and motorbike. Too small?

- Some skills are only increasing when watching the items being outputted in their crafting station. Tested this on Corn Seed with the Mortar and Pestle. Also, is a player meant to be getting any sort of skill gain from crafting bottled water in an advanced station?

- Lockpick implementation. I found a lockpick, it says it can be used to open safes but I couldn't figure out how to use it?

- The inventory crafting is allowing me to assemble a Bolt Rifle (Extended Magazine) by hand (via clicking assemble from a bolt rifle receiver) without a Weapon Station & Chisel, whereas the normal Bolt Rifle is appropriately greyed out.

- Night stands that appear from sealed crates are locked, when damaging them again they destroy instead of unlocking.

Suggestions:

- Very slight increase to antibiotic chance in looting? I may be reacting from a bad in-game run of 3 days without finding them, but still feels a tiny unbalanced for the early-game coupled with the items-not-using bug and the fact that you can't craft anything for infections for a while (took me ages to even find where you learn antibiotics, I wish the in-game search would actually search skill descriptions!).

- Call me a complete fool, but it took me 2 in-game days when I first started playing to actually realise what the class kits were xD I got confused and thought the "locked" in their title meant I had to level up to a certain point first... maybe just a little mention of the kits in the opening quest when you start a character?

These are all very good suggestions and I will be looking into them for v1.09. The hitboxes on the cars are bugged a bit. This i s because the models themselves have animated doors which 7 days does not play. So the doors and trunks of the cars cant have a traditional hitbox. Annoying i know trust me. But when Unity 17 is implemented you are going to see a WORLD of new content and possibilities in this game.

I will go more in depth on your post in a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klomer View Post

Hi guys! I'm building up my base by digging it like 40 blocks down, then I found out that if a zombie falls inside, they don't suffer any damage so, I'm wondering if that could be a bug. Do you guys know anything about it?

In my other bases, the zombies died immediatly or at least, they damaged theirselfs when they fell in.

Thank you!!

Some zombies have had their health increased, and since we are headshot only in Romero Style most likely the lack of body damage from weapons MAY be causing this. On our last server someone had a pit and they WERE dying to falls. I will do some digging to see what I can come up with.

anything???

and....

i have a question, the blacksmith station have the icon the welding torch and tailor station only have sewing kit......ummm i use launcher and play normal, is posible no update the game??? you say is remove from blacksmith station. sorry i confused

I need delelete the game to full clean and reinstall for loock all updates. In the launcher qhen i click on play mod no update the game. Now i can loock the changes on game. Is posible i make anything wrong??

Sorry my english is bad :(

Hello, you most likely need to do an update or new install. Some of the issues sound like bugs from older versions.

Cool thank you! I would also agree on the suggestion of adding the Ravenhearst version number somewhere visible in-game.

@Ciphas: I found playing cards in a wall safe in a tower block, keep looking! I've also found 2 packs of condoms and many bongs. Loving the realism this mod brings ;)

Cool thank you! I would also agree on the suggestion of adding the Ravenhearst version number somewhere visible in-game.

@Ciphas: I found playing cards in a wall safe in a tower block, keep looking! I've also found 2 packs of condoms and many bongs. Loving the realism this mod brings ;)

Well we dont really KNOW how the Apocalypse started. Bongs...condoms...teddy bears? It was a helluva night! lol

i believe that's all the cooking skill, allows for perks to be purchased in "advanced cooking" not sure what else. my solution is to save my cooking for night and then go jog around the block or count my marble collection.

^_^

- - - Updated - - -

ok i'm noob ...how do i host a MP server with Ravenhearst?

wanna try this out with some friends but i cannot set this up :miserable:

from the previous page...

The mod Launcher installs BOTh sp client and server client files to the same folder.

To add this to a server you would go to your install folder and upload these folders from your install folder

7DaystoDieServer_Data

Data

Mods

That's all you need. And it should be up and running. You don't need a separate install or anything, the version you are playing has the proper provided server files in them already.

I thought the Double Blunderbuss like double-barrel rifle, I mean one shot - two rounds together. But actually this is a rifle with extended clip.

It SHOULDNT be it should be a blunderbuss with 2 shots instead of one. I will double check it.

And a major thank you to Twitchy and sinda for the assists. You guys (girl) are superstars.

New version

So. If this is going to be updated ( 1.09 I think earlier posts mentioned ) should we, or at least I just wait to play it again until then? Mod is enjoyable, but after selecting the 21 Day Blood Moon Horde, I saw another post mentioning Day 7/8 still saw a horde. Wondering if that's broken, or couldn't be helped.

Regardless, thanks for sharing this mod here.

Setting up server help for rookies

ok i'm noob ...how do i host a MP server with Ravenhearst?

wanna try this out with some friends but i cannot set this up :miserable:

I just started too but it's not too hard to setup compared to other games. here's how I have a working setup for a dedicated running from a local machine, that also connects as a client to play.

Install 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server in your Steam tools library. (and install 7 Days To Die itself already if you haven't :distrust:)

Get yourself 7D2D RAT (Remote Admin Tool), along with the BCManager and server fix mods it tells you to get on its download page. Get the 7D2D Mod Launcher, set your mod install destination to anything outside of your Steam install and then install whichever day schedule you're planning on playing (using the option to copy from your steam directory), so in my case I got Ravenhearst SDX SP 21 Day Blood Moons (which will make that folder where you have specified - eg. C:\7D2D\Dawn_of_the_New_Apocalypse\Ravenhearst_SDX_SP_21_Day_Blood_Moons\ - I'll refer to this as Ravenhearst Install).

Extract the 2x mods required for 7D2D RAT (BCManager and 3x Allocs_ folders) into your Ravenhearst Install mods folder.

Copy the 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data and Mods folder from your 7 Days To Die Dedicated Server folder (in your SteamLibrary/steamapps/common) to the Ravenhearst Install. Also copy the 7DaysToDieServer.exe* from your dedicated folder to the Ravenhearst Install.

Configure your server settings using 7D2D RAT. If you are running the host from the same machine make sure to check 'Enable Local Server'. Make sure the Server Path dir is set to your Ravenhearst Install. Set the executable name to 7DaysToDieServer.exe*. Make sure Telnet is enabled in the connections tab (essential for controlling the server with RAT). Click Start server, if its the first time making the server and using a new seed give it a while to generate the world, it may seem unresponsive for a few minutes. Then you and your peeps join using the Mod Launcher!

Update, minor notes: If you play a private server with friends you don't need to worry about using EAC. Make sure you and your players have "Refresh Mods Automatically" checked in your Mod Launcher!

* All of the advice in this thread so far doesn't mention copying the 7DaysToDieServer.exe, this is the part I'm not sure about. Can the normal 7DaysToDie.exe run the -server command? I use the server exe just to be sure.

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

Ha I wouldn't be too sure there might be some clunkiness in my approach, I did just learn all this 2 days ago :p Plus I feel we need to move away from turning this thread into a startup guide for rookies, back to Ravenhearst! :D

Update: If you were using my post for a guide check again I just updated some specific notes.

The quest requires you to acquire a femur and craft the shiv. It tested ok on my end in version 1.08

There are no head hitboxes or bonuses on added models. I lowered all of their health dramatically. This SHOULD make them easier to kill but still be a challenge. This change will occur in v1.09

Farmer Class has been fixed in v1.08. Household Quest Items are found anywhere inside house loot, and can appear in stumbs and coolers and cases. They are intended to be very rare since you can repeat the quests more than once. I will look into adding a version number in the future.

An oversight. I had them being harvested early and never changed it. In v1.09 releasing tonight it will be fixed.

ty makes it very hard to even get the basic forge going if you cant even make a bellows

Current Version: 1.09

-Removed all unnecessary spaces in every xml file for better editing by the user. ( All XML Files have been changed)

-Lowered Cooking XP Requirement to level so you spend less time in the campfire

-Removed Harvest Requirement to get Leather Strips from Couches

-Lowered Health on Night Terrors and Nightmares. They have no Head Hitboxes so they give no bonus damage.

-Removed craft bone shive requirement on first Blade Class Quest which was preventing it from advancing

-Replaced Safes with Vanilla safes due to inability to reach them.

-Removed Night Stand from Crates because it is a storage item not a loot item

-Added all Bolt Rifles to the schematics book.

-Added some clarity to the opening dialogue on what to do with the class paper and briefcase.

-Added a Quest Line for the Survival Class

-Night Terrors can now have a chance to drop better loot like Knowledge Points, Weapon Parts, Diamonds and Car Parts

-Fixed a major bug with the Halicopter. It should work properly now

-Added version number to the UI

-Fixed descriptions for Lockpick to help better explain its use

-Increased Stack Size for Blunderbuss Ammo

-Added Descriptions to Class Papers on how to craft them

Current Version: 1.09

-Removed all unnecessary spaces in every xml file for better editing by the user. ( All XML Files have been changed)

-Lowered Cooking XP Requirement to level so you spend less time in the campfire

-Removed Harvest Requirement to get Leather Strips from Couches

-Lowered Health on Night Terrors and Nightmares. They have no Head Hitboxes so they give no bonus damage.

-Removed craft bone shive requirement on first Blade Class Quest which was preventing it from advancing

-Replaced Safes with Vanilla safes due to inability to reach them.

-Removed Night Stand from Crates because it is a storage item not a loot item

-Added all Bolt Rifles to the schematics book.

-Added some clarity to the opening dialogue on what to do with the class paper and briefcase.

-Added a Quest Line for the Survival Class

-Night Terrors can now have a chance to drop better loot like Knowledge Points, Weapon Parts, Diamonds and Car Parts

-Fixed a major bug with the Halicopter. It should work properly now

-Added version number to the UI

-Fixed descriptions for Lockpick to help better explain its use

-Increased Stack Size for Blunderbuss Ammo

-Added Descriptions to Class Papers on how to craft them

Thanks for the updates ;) But there is still spaces in the Items.xml file starting from line 14684 and onwards.

For example.... value="50" />

Thanks for the updates ;) But there is still spaces in the Items.xml file starting from line 14684 and onwards.

For example.... value="50" />

Ill double check them later and make sure they are all gone.

You wont get a normal blood moon but you WILL have the zombies already in your area turn feral and come for you. That can't be avoided so I would suggest clearing the area right before a blood moon to prevent that. Otherwise it is working as intended.

Im hoping the updates will slow down a bit but anyone that knows me knows I am far more worried about getting the mod properly working than about how many updates I put out. I usually fix things immediately because I HATE having anything not working properly hanging around. I apologize in advance for this, I try to keep everything to a minimum of one update a day. But as we catch everything eventually all will be fixed and the updates can slow down.

A heads up to everyone that wall safes MAY be broken on old saves and worlds. Not sure yet. The fix for them not opening worked but it may have broken already loaded in safes. I will look more into this. Gun safes are ok, it is just the wall safes. I will report more on this later.

So. If this is going to be updated ( 1.09 I think earlier posts mentioned ) should we, or at least I just wait to play it again until then? Mod is enjoyable, but after selecting the 21 Day Blood Moon Horde, I saw another post mentioning Day 7/8 still saw a horde. Wondering if that's broken, or couldn't be helped.

I was the one who saw that, it turns out it wasn't a real horde. It was the local zombies being attracted to my position on that night. This is an issue that's hard coded in the game and can't be modded out. You'll still want to be somewhere safe but it won't be anything like a real horde.

I had tried to explain this a page or two ago. It's not that it's broken, just a game mechanic at work that is separate from the blood moon horde. Here's Jax's explanation:

You wont get a normal blood moon but you WILL have the zombies already in your area turn feral and come for you. That can't be avoided so I would suggest clearing the area right before a blood moon to prevent that. Otherwise it is working as intended.

I had tried to explain this a page or two ago. It's not that it's broken, just a game mechanic at work that is separate from the blood moon horde.

I'm totally fine with that. The idea of the Zombies in the area surrounding coming for you at a certain time is a nice mechanic. Thanks for the clarification, too.

I for one love how Jax is updating everything on the fly, better than waiting months for a big update. The horde/blood moon system is definitely not broken when selecting the 21 day method. I would recommend you don't wait for updates, the mod is fairly stable, start playing!

Update: ah delicious irony, just as I said that my players are reporting quest issues after updating to 1.09, including a console popup "nullobject no reference to an object" or something similar when trying to select a quest. The wall safe's are indeed broken on an existing save. Looks like 1.09 requires a fresh start! :miserable:

Those nighttime sound fx's, I think they are not immersive as planned and not necessary. Maybe if they were rare and subtle, probably they work better.

From what I heard so far, I disagree. When I heard that humming, I was creeped out playing 7DTD for the first time in a very long while.

I'm assuming the SDX crafting lag fixes are applied, yes? I didn't think the lag could get *that* bad again with them on.

Since BMT mentioned issue with wall safe on existing save, I went to custom PIO Burger Shakes and although I didn't get any errors for lockpicking it did remove all the blocks facing sides around the safe ( image ) while other side looked normal, it left the block health on screen until I restarted game ( image ). I suspected this may happen once blocks are changed on explored regions but this was changed for the best in 1.09, loving the updates and hence why I'm starting over.

Edit: Sanzombierocker goes invisible, the same behaviour as I reported for Sanzombiekim where its full-on invisible and texture flickers in - image. Nothing in the log for this.

Edited by SMiThaYe (see edit history)

Update! Testing on a 1.09 server on a fresh world, wall safes are still broke. Destroyed instead of unlocked when hit to 0. No more bugs with the quests though so I guess a start over is still warranted.

Also is it me or is spawn protection broke for this mod? Started a new server and my players were being attacked by a horde of zombies 1 in-game hour in.