A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I harvested 100+walbreakers and no glands. I think we will increase the drop rate next patch.

Similar sample size if not more since A16 launch here and same result. Would welcome an increase.

Gems? Is that the silver/diamond/gold nuggets? Found plenty of these, more from looting cowboys than from digging though. I think that's vanilla content, isn't it?

Something else that eludes me is the tin soldier for orphan quest. Maybe I haven't searched the right special poi yet?

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

Similar sample size if not more since A16 launch here and same result. Would welcome an increase.

Gems? Is that the silver/diamond/gold nuggets? Found plenty of these, more from looting cowboys than from digging though. I think that's vanilla content, isn't it?

Something else that eludes me is the tin soldier for orphan quest. Maybe I haven't searched the right special poi yet?

There are more gems other then those... Very rare in loot, more common using the miner. They can be used on multiple items, with multiple effects...

so I manage to fix the loading issue, but now when I'm ingame I lock up when near buildings, the compass will still move and also the hands but the game locks up, then it goes back to normal until I turn or move.

my pc is new as of last week, windows 7, 8gb ram 4gb card, i3 quard

seems to be a lighting issue, i can move the cursor around and get weird beads of light following it.

seems to be a lighting issue, i can move the cursor around and get weird beads of light following it.

Might be a video driver issue. Also, if you just have 8 gigs of ram, you might need a to allocate space on your SSD for memory swapping if you don't already have that enabled.

There are more gems other then those... Very rare in loot, more common using the miner. They can be used on multiple items, with multiple effects...

Oh! I wasn't even aware they existed, lol. Yeah I'm at day 20 currently, but I'll definitely see if I can dig out any around real life summer heh.

"new" computer with windows 7? wouldn't "new" be windows 10? maybe if you updare it might fix?

XP and Vista (or as my customers like to call it Windows Fiesta) are almost entirely phased out now, but 7 is still supported as a "current" OS almost everywhere. Many people delay switching to a new Windows version until they know what they'll get and if you look at 8 (beautiful OS, yet a bit too avantgarde or something for the mainstream) there's a good reason for that.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

some trees, tobacco, carrots, smoke if I'm smoking cigars are just magenta without textures

animals are OK till now

trying "-force-glcore" without success.

no idea? or is that something I could find on page xy and everyone knows this? - except me :)

*My friends on the server keep talking about quests they got on log in, that have to do with using specific weapons and killing specific things with them. I have yet to get any of these quests.

*After Placing a farmer, the first time we interact with her, a nullref error scrolls. after that shes fine.

*Shutter Doors will not allow non-player entities to pass through them. Nor can we shoot through the opened door.

*New Guns wont hit wolves and bears. (Or rather, don't reliably hit)

*We run battlemetrics to keep an eye on our servers without having to be on the server........ Some NPCs are throwing an Errors "CrafterWorkScript: Crafter has no inventory" .... It's hard to tell which ones are doing it, cause it seems like even if they are working, this error can still pop up..... This error will spam BM so badly that it actually will lag and lock up the webpage.... we're trying to figure out what is causing this error.

We are pretty sure this error is related or caused by the NPCs that suddenly stop working, even when they have parts and food to work with. Sometimes, like with the farmer, i've even seen them appear to be working, while actually producing nothing.

*Baby farm animals are able to spawn through walls and doors.... sneaky devils.

*Goats seem to only be giving birth to Male goats.

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

*My friends on the server keep talking about quests they got on log in, that have to do with using specific weapons and killing specific things with them. I have yet to get any of these quests.

*After Placing a farmer, the first time we interact with her, a nullref error scrolls. after that shes fine.

*Shutter Doors will not allow non-player entities to pass through them. Nor can we shoot through the opened door.

*New Guns wont hit wolves and bears. (Or rather, don't reliably hit)

*We run battlemetrics to keep an eye on our servers without having to be on the server........ Some NPCs are throwing an Errors "CrafterWorkScript: Crafter has no inventory" .... It's hard to tell which ones are doing it, cause it seems like even if they are working, this error can still pop up..... This error will spam BM so badly that it actually will lag and lock up the webpage.... we're trying to figure out what is causing this error.

We are pretty sure this error is related or caused by the NPCs that suddenly stop working, even when they have parts and food to work with. Sometimes, like with the farmer, i've even seen them appear to be working, while actually producing nothing.

*Baby farm animals are able to spawn through walls and doors.... sneaky devils.

*Goats seem to only be giving birth to Male goats.

You only get those weapon quests when you complete the first step of the starter quest.

Baby goats are just regular goats scaled down on creation by code, so the collider gets too small to work properly at times. have fun chasing them!

Crafter inventory error is known, but we cant find the bug yet.

I ask again what I asked on discord... Get me a copy of your save game... I simply cannot replicate that error, and that would be very helpful.

Mort, I just tried the miner event. At stage 3 I got overwhelmed by zombies, bosses and worms so I ran away from the machine. The machine stopped. Later I went back and took out all the remaining enemies. I looked at the machine and it had 700/8000 hitpoints remaining. I used the nailgun to repair it but I was only able to repair it 1 time. It went to 950/8000 but I was never able to repair it again after that even though I had all the repair materials.

Any ideas?

PS - 1 repair uses 2-3 parts including plastics and only repairs 250 hitpoints. Imagine how many parts/components are needed to repair back to 8000. It's cheaper just to make another miner base!

Edited by PPanda0421
Added other info (see edit history)

Mort, I just tried the miner event. At stage 3 I got overwhelmed by zombies, bosses and worms so I ran away from the machine. The machine stopped. Later I went back and took out all the remaining enemies. I looked at the machine and it had 700/8000 hitpoints remaining. I used the nailgun to repair it but I was only able to repair it 1 time. It went to 950/8000 but I was never able to repair it again after that even though I had all the repair materials.

Any ideas?

PS - 1 repair uses 2-3 parts including plastics and only repairs 250 hitpoints. Imagine how many parts/components are needed to repair back to 8000. It's cheaper just to make another miner base!

I will check out the repair issues.

Oh! I wasn't even aware they existed, lol. Yeah I'm at day 20 currently, but I'll definitely see if I can dig out any around real life summer heh.

XP and Vista (or as my customers like to call it Windows Fiesta) are almost entirely phased out now, but 7 is still supported as a "current" OS almost everywhere. Many people delay switching to a new Windows version until they know what they'll get and if you look at 8 (beautiful OS, yet a bit too avantgarde or something for the mainstream) there's a good reason for that.

Win 10 has been out for some time now and have been found solid platform for gaming. I would never suggest Win 7 for newly built rig.

I sometimes find animals i just tamed turning into Spoiled food instantly in my inventory. Seems to happen when i have Meat on me that is about to spoil

What most likely really happened: the meat spoiled and filled the last slot in your inventory. Tamed animals are lost if you have no free inventory space, it doesn't matter if you have free slots in your hotkey bar. They don't spoil though.

Win 10 has been out for some time now and have been found solid platform for gaming. I would never suggest Win 7 for newly built rig.

That's a matter of personal choice, there are still new boxes available with 7 and you can purchase to install it yourself. Some people don't like the change, some people need software for their jobs and are told to use it with 7, stuff like that.

What most likely really happened: the meat spoiled and filled the last slot in your inventory. Tamed animals are lost if you have no free inventory space, it doesn't matter if you have free slots in your hotkey bar. They don't spoil though.

I thought so too, but i still had all the meat on me, not one of it was spoiled

meat spoils over time.

i know, but the fact was i had 8 meat on me, and tamed 1 bull, after the message +1 bull appeared i had 1 spoiled food and 8 meat on me. So no meat spoiled (was only food i had on me). So i did not lose raw meat but the bull changed into spoiled food