A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

you can get some from nuke plants as well.. for the burned area we used a full xrad suit + hazmat jacker (since it covers shirt slot), and we were some what okay, but to go into the red zone you can only use a powered exosuit.

maybe try taking some rad shots or pills to help with the radiation?

Hi I have a full x-rad suit so radiation does not really affect me plus I have plenty of radiation pills on me. I am also wear decent cooling clothing so temperature is not really an issue as well.

The issue is sanity decreases so fast there. I kept missing most of my shots (at point blank or nearly point blank range) when fighting the special radiated enemies in the rad zone. I put 1 point in zen master so that helped the 2nd time I went to the rad zone. It's too bad courage and stress resistence aren't fully implemented. That is you can't increase courage due to high stress resistence requirements.

Sadly, I'm not an expert on this, but I noticed your screenshots mention trouble locating some data. I had an issue with missing files in my first installation attempt and that was fixed by running everything as admin. After that, and successful initial gamestart, it would still work if run as a normal user.

With luck and patience you can get exo parts outside the radiation zone: plasma boss can spawn in the wasteland. Easiest way to deal with him is snipe at night with nightsight, but beware of landmines then.

Thanks for the tip.

Hi I have a full x-rad suit so radiation does not really affect me plus I have plenty of radiation pills on me. I am also wear decent cooling clothing so temperature is not really an issue as well.

The issue is sanity decreases so fast there. I kept missing most of my shots (at point blank or nearly point blank range) when fighting the special radiated enemies in the rad zone. I put 1 point in zen master so that helped the 2nd time I went to the rad zone. It's too bad courage and stress resistence aren't fully implemented. That is you can't increase courage due to high stress resistence requirements.

Thanks for the tip.

Sanity decreases because even though radiation damage is being mitigated, it still impacts you... That's the clear advantage of the exo suit, because it completely prevents it (and thus prevents the sanity hit), even though it will not avoid sickness (by the time you have a full rad suit, you probably have enough medicine).

Sanity decreases because even though radiation damage is being mitigated, it still impacts you... That's the clear advantage of the exo suit, because it completely prevents it (and thus prevents the sanity hit), even though it will not avoid sickness (by the time you have a full rad suit, you probably have enough medicine).

I just find it strange that you need an exosuit to get to the place (and survive sanity loss) where you can find exosuit parts. Someone mentioned that you can get exoparts from the wasteland bosses so I guess it is possible to get those exoparts beforehand. I guess that's part of end-game.

I just find it strange that you need an exosuit to get to the place (and survive sanity loss) where you can find exosuit parts. Someone mentioned that you can get exoparts from the wasteland bosses so I guess it is possible to get those exoparts beforehand. I guess that's part of end-game.

You do not Need it. Its just different advantages. I've seen different strategies from players , ranging from carrying Sanity managment items, to establish temporary recovery outposts....

You do not Need it. Its just different advantages. I've seen different strategies from players , ranging from carrying Sanity managment items, to establish temporary recovery outposts....

Yeah I already established a recovery outpost on my second run but I think that extra point in zen master is the major factor. You slowly lose sanity and with that skill sanity only drops to certain level it seems. Carrying sanity management items is new to me. What items can you keep in your inventory that brings your sanity level up? I also killed the wasteland boss recently and he dropped 4 out of 5 exoparts.

Yeah I already established a recovery outpost on my second run but I think that extra point in zen master is the major factor. You slowly lose sanity and with that skill sanity only drops to certain level it seems. Carrying sanity management items is new to me. What items can you keep in your inventory that brings your sanity level up? I also killed the wasteland boss recently and he dropped 4 out of 5 exoparts.

TV Sets, picture frames and flower pots increase your sanity gain when close to them. Of these, the potted plants are craftable on the go. Resting in beds and bedrolls will help, but placing resets your spawn location. So it's more like bring some clay and place flowerpots anywhere.

edit: Hang on, I think I discovered an oversight here. Potted plant description says you need a workbench to craft them, but they actually craft in your inventory. Well, if they change it, they are at least still cheap to make.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

@Katlima Yeah, i´m Asrac Carsa in Youtube whit a let´s play whit Valcry together on this lovable Mod from 7D2D.

@Mortelentus "Xyth proposed a interesting compromise. Let the farmer autoupgrade the box as long as there are snow balls available?"

That is an great Idear. sounds good :fat:

Edited by asrac (see edit history)

TV Sets, picture frames and flower pots increase your sanity gain when close to them. Of these, the potted plants are craftable on the go. Resting in beds and bedrolls will help, but placing resets your spawn location. So it's more like bring some clay and place flowerpots anywhere.

edit: Hang on, I think I discovered an oversight here. Potted plant description says you need a workbench to craft them, but they actually craft in your inventory. Well, if they change it, they are at least still cheap to make.

Hi I am aware of placing down those items and being around them will increase sanity, hence my talk about using recovery outposts. However Mort spoke in a way that there were items that would increase sanity if you had those items only in your inventory. Now I'm thinking he meant what you're describing: carry those 'joy' items but place them down for the effects to work.

Too bad you can't 'use/play' with toys to increase your sanity.

Too bad you can't 'use/play' with toys to increase your sanity.

Every time I'm cheerfully whacking away at the zombie remains I think "this should totally increase my sanity". Carrying toys sounds like a good idea, paying with blocked inventory slots. In excess awful though: I remember what the LoD expansion did to my Diablo II inventory with these charms...

Should I get MINER69ER level-5?

In the past, I've seen a heavy discussion that level-5 is useless in vanilla due to high block damage vs. lesser overall yield.

Is it the same in Starvation?

Higher block damage often results in less resources per block, more resources per time though.

@Katlima Yeah, i´m Asrac Carsa in Youtube whit a let´s play whit Valcry together on this lovable Mod from 7D2D.
Sweet! Rock on you guys. I'll watch some more tonight.

I've found that drinking lots of alcohol will bring your sanity level up. When I do my rad zone runs I take rum and beer with me. It will help a decent amount. Although being in a highly irradiated area with bosses and crazy tough creatures while being plastered sounds like a terrible idea, it works. <shrug>

Edited by Adam2535 (see edit history)

you don't -need- an exo suit to get exo suit parts.. you can find them in certain houses, in the nuke plants, ect.. you can use the Rad suit (that you can craft) or if you fine a well bunker you can get a quest for a full hazmat suit. this will get you into the burnt forest areas where you can find more houses that have exobags. and as mentioned above, the plasma boss can drop pieces, and I -think- the wall breakers can too?

you only -need- the exo suit if you want to go into the RED zones. (not the burnt forest that's got radiation, but the full one Red off the map area). this area will kill you pretty quickly with just the xrad / hazmat on.

I noticed when I'm in the red zone with my exo suit powered, my sanity still drops, but it takes a while. (my sanity now says it's at 3500% dunno if this is a bug or what tho) Before the new hud and the bee patch my sanity would just flux in the 100% range, it would go up and down but never over 100. Anyway, in the radioactive areas, i noticed, even with the exo suit on, my sanity would decrease similarly to if I was doing a horde night without the suit.

anywho, my point was, you dont need the suit to get the suit, it's out there. :D and it's awesome once you have it. ^_^ i love how the powered suit sounds.

First of all, I apologize for the translation.

I have built the door "shutter door (ID 1019)" and "horizontal shutter door (ID 1020)" and I have detected several errors.

1st - the property "MultiBlockDim" is wrong in both cases.

2 - Although the doors are open zombies, animals, or NPCs can not cross them, it is as if there were an invisible block in front.

3rd - Even if they are open you can not hit or shoot through them, by doing so you damage the door.

The door "Rolling garage door (ID 1078)" I have not managed to place it on any block. Does anyone know what block you have to have below?

I have built the door "shutter door (ID 1019)" and "horizontal shutter door (ID 1020)" and I have detected several errors.

2 - Although the doors are open zombies, animals, or NPCs can not cross them, it is as if there were an invisible block in front.

3rd - Even if they are open you can not hit or shoot through them, by doing so you damage the door.

The door "Rolling garage door (ID 1078)" I have not managed to place it on any block. Does anyone know what block you have to have below?

We'll try to check them. For the rolling door, i'll have to get back to you when i arrive home.

Obrigado pela informaçمo

I've found that drinking lots of alcohol will bring your sanity level up. When I do my rad zone runs I take rum and beer with me. It will help a decent amount. Although being in a highly irradiated area with bosses and crazy tough creatures while being plastered sounds like a terrible idea, it works. <shrug>

Thanks I'll give this a try when I get a chance.

you don't -need- an exo suit to get exo suit parts.. you can find them in certain houses, in the nuke plants, ect.. you can use the Rad suit (that you can craft) or if you fine a well bunker you can get a quest for a full hazmat suit. this will get you into the burnt forest areas where you can find more houses that have exobags. and as mentioned above, the plasma boss can drop pieces, and I -think- the wall breakers can too?

you only -need- the exo suit if you want to go into the RED zones. (not the burnt forest that's got radiation, but the full one Red off the map area). this area will kill you pretty quickly with just the xrad / hazmat on.

I noticed when I'm in the red zone with my exo suit powered, my sanity still drops, but it takes a while. (my sanity now says it's at 3500% dunno if this is a bug or what tho) Before the new hud and the bee patch my sanity would just flux in the 100% range, it would go up and down but never over 100. Anyway, in the radioactive areas, i noticed, even with the exo suit on, my sanity would decrease similarly to if I was doing a horde night without the suit.

anywho, my point was, you dont need the suit to get the suit, it's out there. :D and it's awesome once you have it. ^_^ i love how the powered suit sounds.

I farmed the wasteland bosses and was able to get more exoparts. I now have the full exosuit! So I went to the full red radiation and yes sanity does go down but very slowly. Radiation levels also go up but very slowly as well. I don't get health damage though.

BTW, wallcrushers do not drop exoparts. Every bloodmoon I get around 10-15 wallcrushers and they have never dropped those. They also never drop the exoskeleton upgrade 'wallcrusher gland' as well. Now that I think about it, I have never seen any exoskeleon upgrades drops from the following list from the wiki:

Wall Crusher Gland: AOE healing buff for nearby players and self

Parasite Gland: AOE speed buff for nearby players and self

Rezzer Gland: AOE ressurect of nearby players. You need to be fast performing the rezz

Abominable Feet: AOE cooling buff for nearby players and self

Radiated Spider Heart: Energy Shield for nearby players and self

I wonder how you get these parts? I've killed all of these unique enemies many times and haven't seen these drops. Have you seen these drop on your server?

I played starvation for quite some time now but didnt know that powering up nuke plant give electricity to my machines. I just never did it coz i didnt see any benefit doing it. Other thing is, its been a awhile when i when to the rad zone and before i was just doing fine with my full rad suit but has this changed? I did go mental but otherwise was doing ok, though heat was another issue.

I played starvation for quite some time now but didnt know that powering up nuke plant give electricity to my machines. I just never did it coz i didnt see any benefit doing it. Other thing is, its been a awhile when i when to the rad zone and before i was just doing fine with my full rad suit but has this changed? I did go mental but otherwise was doing ok, though heat was another issue.

It didn't change much, no.. There might be a bit more enemy density, and that impacts sanity too, but other then that it's similar... New thing is, for rad zone, the most efficient way in long term is using the exo and medicine (especially in groups with upgrades), instead of using the rad suits... This is because you can control much better a wider range of stats, like sanity and heat, for example.

Harvesting the specific mobs dead bodies, if you manage to not obliterate them with your overpowered exo weapons :)

Hi I've harvested them with my machete/hunting knife but still haven't seen those drops. Is there only a small % chance? I'm pretty sure I've killed 50+ wall crushers in my SP game.

Hi I've harvested them with my machete/hunting knife but still haven't seen those drops. Is there only a small % chance? I'm pretty sure I've killed 50+ wall crushers in my SP game.

Might need some adjustment then... We do want them as rare resources, so that players don't spam those "habilities", but as usual some balancing might be needed.

I haven't yet harvested a single gland either and I'm having wallcrushers on horde night and clean up the corpses. Maybe they can only be harvested while the boss is still in his shape and not turned into rotten mush?

@sycotic: Great avatar choice! Now I see the point in these bottles of hairspray from medicine cabinets!

Edited by Katlima
learning to spell user names (see edit history)

I found this earlier in the thread:

Q:Having an issue with the rolling garage door, i have built a concrete floor framed in the doorway with concrete (all reinforced concrete) tried to place rolling garage door and it keeps telling me, cant place here, block below is not solid. any hints as to what im doing wrong?

A: This is on the issues list. You can build on dirt, asphalt or stone... I'd suggest putting asphalt for the block you're building on, and the lowest block on each side and try that. You can then replace the blocks as long as you keep the door supported while you're doing it. I think when it says "solid" it is referring to the Ground underneath the "Blocks" that you are placing the door in.

I think that you have to start with "solid" terra firma, and only have one man made block, and then the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks I'll give this a try when I get a chance.

I farmed the wasteland bosses and was able to get more exoparts. I now have the full exosuit! So I went to the full red radiation and yes sanity does go down but very slowly. Radiation levels also go up but very slowly as well. I don't get health damage though.

BTW, wallcrushers do not drop exoparts. Every bloodmoon I get around 10-15 wallcrushers and they have never dropped those. They also never drop the exoskeleton upgrade 'wallcrusher gland' as well. Now that I think about it, I have never seen any exoskeleon upgrades drops from the following list from the wiki:

Wall Crusher Gland: AOE healing buff for nearby players and self

Parasite Gland: AOE speed buff for nearby players and self

Rezzer Gland: AOE ressurect of nearby players. You need to be fast performing the rezz

Abominable Feet: AOE cooling buff for nearby players and self

Radiated Spider Heart: Energy Shield for nearby players and self

I wonder how you get these parts? I've killed all of these unique enemies many times and haven't seen these drops. Have you seen these drop on your server?

Neither have I. I think they are super rare drops (from harvesting, not looting). I've only found 2 gems so far as well.

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

so I manage to fix the loading issue, but now when I'm ingame I lock up when near buildings, the compass will still move and also the hands but the game locks up, then it goes back to normal until I turn or move.

my pc is new as of last week, windows 7, 8gb ram 4gb card, i3 quard

I found this earlier in the thread:

Q:Having an issue with the rolling garage door, i have built a concrete floor framed in the doorway with concrete (all reinforced concrete) tried to place rolling garage door and it keeps telling me, cant place here, block below is not solid. any hints as to what im doing wrong?

A: This is on the issues list. You can build on dirt, asphalt or stone... I'd suggest putting asphalt for the block you're building on, and the lowest block on each side and try that. You can then replace the blocks as long as you keep the door supported while you're doing it. I think when it says "solid" it is referring to the Ground underneath the "Blocks" that you are placing the door in.

I think that you have to start with "solid" terra firma, and only have one man made block, and then the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither have I. I think they are super rare drops (from harvesting, not looting). I've only found 2 gems so far as well.

I harvested 100+walbreakers and no glands. I think we will increase the drop rate next patch.